Author Topic: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE  (Read 179911 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #700 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 16:08:31 »
Just means there were 100x more entries in total than the total number of key caps they have to distribute. If they have a total of 100 CC's to sell, there were 10,000 drawing entries. Sounds about right.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #701 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 16:09:06 »
I SAID /thread.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #702 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 16:10:42 »
Don't make me put another pox on your house.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #703 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 16:12:36 »
You put a pox on my house?  Good thing I had my shots.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #704 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 16:20:05 »
Are people subscribed to this thread?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #705 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 16:20:45 »
Subscribed? I never leave.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #706 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 16:58:38 »
Are people subscribed to this thread?

Are there any people who are not subscribed to this thread?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #707 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 17:15:04 »
So do you get an email every time that someone comments?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #708 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 17:15:50 »

that'd be annoying...

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #709 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 17:15:54 »
Just means there were 100x more entries in total than the total number of key caps they have to distribute. If they have a total of 100 CC's to sell, there were 10,000 drawing entries. Sounds about right.
they said 1000 applicants

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #710 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 17:17:18 »
and 1:100 chance i think their math is wrong

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #711 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 18:26:26 »

Yes.

that'd be annoying...

Yes.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #712 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 18:27:49 »
and 1:100 chance i think their math is wrong

Not if they only have 10 of each style of keycap. It is revealed!

in memoriam

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #713 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 18:57:13 »
well guys i have good news:  your odds just went up 'cause i forgot to have mom sign my permission slip.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #714 on: Wed, 21 November 2012, 19:16:19 »
well guys i have good news:  your odds just went up 'cause i forgot to have mom sign my permission slip.
Nooo! Today's the day we go to the chocolate factory!

Offline megnin

• Topre, or not Topre? That is the question.
« Reply #715 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 05:03:12 »
While you're waiting for your email...
“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Offline Fuzzy Dunlop

« Reply #716 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 15:38:26 »
Missed the 11/15 CC draw deadline. Serves me right for not checking my email. :(

Anyone know if there's going to be another draw before Xmas?

Topre ReɅlforce 86UB   |   Razer DeathAdder Black Edition

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #717 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 15:39:52 »
Unlikely, as EK was apparently flooded with entries for this one, most likely far, far exceeding the few CCs they actually had to sell.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #718 on: Thu, 22 November 2012, 22:37:50 »
Le sigh  :'(

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #719 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 00:42:38 »
This is quickly just becoming hilarious. They're screwing with us so badly. He who has the Clacks has the power around here...

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #720 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 00:48:05 »
This is quickly just becoming hilarious. They're screwing with us so badly. He who has the Clacks has the power around here...

Only if you let it
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Octane

« Reply #721 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 01:01:48 »

Ya. If they can't coordinate the sale of a few clacks, it makes me wonder how they run a business...

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #722 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 01:17:52 »
Maybe after this, EK may realize that fairness is simply too expensive when it comes to effort, etc.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #723 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 01:27:53 »
yeah, the free-for-all is just as fair and doesn't require a week of slave labor.  Same outcome, just maybe a bit more favorable to the craftiest nerds and those with lesser lives who f5 all day, but they are the hardcore fans and deserve the clacks more than the peasants who show up late and whine about fairness...  Romney may have stood a chance if he didn't vocalize his hatred for this demographic, lol!

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #724 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 01:33:06 »
^true.

As much as I appreciate the efforts of EK, I think it's just too draining, time consuming and difficult for them to sieve through hundreds of ballots, cross-checking them over and over again to make sure it's not a reseller's ballot they're allowing to get through.

Sometimes in life, it's first come first served.. Classic me being a day late a dollar short half the time, but I think I'll feel better missing out because I didn't check the page enough rather than not getting lucky enough to get my ballot drawn and knowing only after 3 weeks time x.x

Offline Octane

« Reply #725 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 01:37:50 »
All of the submissions were electronic. I would think a simple program could cross reference email addresses, paypal accounts, mailing addresses etc. I honestly don't think it should take this long.

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #726 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 01:43:49 »
All of the submissions were electronic. I would think a simple program could cross reference email addresses, paypal accounts, mailing addresses etc. I honestly don't think it should take this long.

what if they are just a simple company with great keyboards but they aren't so good with software :O

Offline Octane

« Reply #727 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 01:46:48 »
Then the time they would have to invest to ensure fairness is definitely not worth their while. I realize they are trying to do the right thing by Mr. Clack, but it can't be worth the few dollars they stand to make on the sale.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #728 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 02:02:35 »
It is not a question of EK making money - they would anyway.

In fact doing it this way is probably costing them more, as someone has to look through all the entries.

It seems as if they found some cheaters, which is not exactly unexpected (no-one around here, I'm sure).

I would prefer that they take a little longer, as their time permits, and weed out the cheaters to give the rest of us a fairer chance.

And this is the first time EK has done a Clacks sale this way - the next one can only go smoother :)

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #729 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 02:18:43 »

Only if you let it

Too true!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #730 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 02:25:10 »
^My jimmies remain unrustled.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #731 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 02:27:44 »
I think it would have been nice for some people to know before this weekend. If you have $100 to blow. Do you hope for a couple clacks, or buy something on sale? Wouldn't be too fun to spend your money Black Friday, to come home a few days later and see you could have got a clack instead, but can't afford it.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #732 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 02:43:11 »
I'm drinking my clack money tomorrow night. ;)
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #733 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 03:03:50 »
LOL I spent mine on yum cha but this has taken so long I've been paid 3 times since I said that
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #734 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 09:24:12 »
I think it would have been nice for some people to know before this weekend. If you have $100 to blow. Do you hope for a couple clacks, or buy something on sale? Wouldn't be too fun to spend your money Black Friday, to come home a few days later and see you could have got a clack instead, but can't afford it.

now now now halverson we can't be taking other peoples feelings into account, that would just be unkind.

does make me wonder how many more unpaid invoices there are going to be now, though.

(i'm still going to pay all four of mine!!111)

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #735 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 09:31:45 »
LOL I spent mine on yum cha but this has taken so long I've been paid 3 times since I said that

I don't believe the non-chinese population would understand that, but  3x"yum cha" > cc's imo.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #736 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 09:40:32 »

LOL so what did you have for yum cha that its worth a CC?

Gold dusted dim sums and diamond studded siew mais??

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #737 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 10:09:02 »

they are $30 clacks, i spend more then that on my cats food.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #738 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 10:09:39 »
DO YOU HAVE A JUNGLE CAT?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Octane

« Reply #739 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 10:50:20 »
lol. If it's anything like the wifes dog, it eats better than me...

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #740 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 13:35:00 »

it's easy to rack up $40-$60 on yum cha here in melbourne, that day I spent about $45 iirc.... 2x click clacks. I entered for 4 but I think even 2 is wishful thinking.
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #741 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 13:45:26 »
DO YOU HAVE A JUNGLE CAT?

haha almost i have 3 of them and cat food is darn expensive.

almost everytime i go into coles i come out having spent more on the damn animals then myself lol.

catfood (wet/dry) litter usually costs me $60-70 :(

thats about twice a week.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #742 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 13:46:17 »
I'm guessing that the extended delay is to give CC a chance to make more to meet demand. I think everyone will get what they ordered.  Really no other explanation.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #743 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 13:49:49 »
I'm guessing that the extended delay is to give CC a chance to make more to meet demand. I think everyone will get what they ordered.  Really no other explanation.

either that or the CC Mafia stepped in and forced EK to not sell them or the market would be flooded and lower prices, hence destroying there lucrative profiteering racket!

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #744 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 13:50:07 »
No they are just taking their time working out the winners.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #745 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 13:54:18 »
So...CC? Can I trade my Candy Corn for a Christmas themed CC since it seems we'll be about that time before we get these emails? ;)

JK.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #746 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 16:35:49 »
I just woke up from a dream in which I had just received an email from EK. It was a Paypal invoice for all 8 Clacks.

Too much turkey yesterday and today. :D

in memoriam

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #747 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 16:51:51 »
I was totally trying to think of something to eat earlier, forgetting all about leftover turkey. Thanks for the reminder! I am now on my way to load up a sammich with some cranberry rum sauce.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #748 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 16:53:09 »
I'm coming to the states tomorrow, and I am going to steal.....ALL THE LEFTOVERS. BEWARE!!!!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #749 on: Fri, 23 November 2012, 17:03:05 »
You didn't have turkey for your thanksgiving last month, Halverson?

in memoriam