Author Topic: GMK Spacebar Issue  (Read 11642 times)

Offline akoster15

GMK Spacebar Issue
« on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 11:24:09 »
I have started having an issue with my GMK WOB spacebar (see linked video). When I press down on the left side of the spacebar a few times, the spacebar goes down and gets stuck. It wasn't like this before and I have no idea what happened. I know also that it is not a stab issue since I have tried other spacebars and had no issues. Anyone know what could be causing this or how to fix it?

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: GMK Spacebar Issue
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 13:14:30 »
Looks like the keycap is coming off the stab. The cruciform mounts that go on the stabs probably got widened out a little. An easy fix for this is to use a small piece of scotch tape on top of the stab slider. This should keep the cap from popping off during use.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 22:10:46 »
Looks like the keycap is coming off the stab. The cruciform mounts that go on the stabs probably got widened out a little. An easy fix for this is to use a small piece of scotch tape on top of the stab slider. This should keep the cap from popping off during use.

seconding this
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline akoster15

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 11:01:57 »
I guess I little confused as to what the stab slider is. Do you mean the top of the stem?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 13:53:56 »
if you take the spacebar off, you'll see your switch, but also two black cruciform parts on the outer edges. make sure the spacebar is fully on those as well, and if it doesn't mount properly (like appears to be the case in the picture) you can apply the fix that rob suggests above.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline th3_outs1d3r

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 14:43:04 »
That helped me out with my issue too, Thanks for the help. :)

Offline clairemattockskth67

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 14:44:36 »
That helped me out with my issue too, Thanks for the help. :)

me too, thanks