Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 384458 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #1400 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 10:27:24 »
The C-Drama version of Hikaru no Go, is pretty decent..

So relaxing....

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1401 on: Mon, 13 June 2022, 10:43:47 »
I am going to skip episode 4 of Obi Wan and instead watch The Boys Season 3 and the other 3 episodes i must catch up on.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1402 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 16:13:04 »
Finally got around to watching Glass.
Bad movie. Bad acting, really stupid plot points and character motivations, dare I say poorly written as well.
Just a bad movie. Felt rushed and nonsensical at times. The scenes often made no sense, it honestly felt like some new directors first time directing or something.
Maybe it was the editing more than the directing.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1403 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 17:48:39 »
Bad movie. Bad acting, really stupid plot points and character motivations, dare I say poorly written as well.
Just a bad movie. Felt rushed and nonsensical at times. The scenes often made no sense, it honestly felt like some new directors first time directing or something.

Nt can't see all the dead people ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1404 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 18:18:18 »

Nt can't see all the dead people ?

spoiler alert - everyone dies in the movie. no sequels.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1405 on: Tue, 21 June 2022, 08:45:45 »
The Orville is back!

I had never watched this when it came out, but in the spirit of post-pandemic binge watching I did.

Very enjoyable, the plots and effects are good, although the characters themselves are generally pretty weak. It is difficult to keep ignoring and/or recognizing the parody aspect, and the comedic as well. I must constantly remind myself that almost any of it could and should not be taken seriously, as Star Trek itself so obviously was.

At first the striking similarity of Isaac to Data was hard to get over, but obviously that was all deliberate. For me, one of the most irritating and off-putting aspects of all post-TOS series is the Klingons, which I think are stupid and ridiculous and utterly worthless throwaway distractions in every conceivable way, even as villains and even worse as compatriots. I can't even chuckle at things like their love for eating live worms because I am so disgusted that they are even allowed on the show at all. I am equally repulsed by the Bortus character here but the over-the-top absurdity of his behavior is more tolerable because he is clearly just there to parody the Klingons. A male homosexual character that sits on an egg (that he himself laid), naked, for 3 weeks? Hard to forget that is parody.

But overall, very entertaining. Thank you for the recommendation. Watching it interwoven with new episodes of Strange New Worlds is interesting but disorienting.

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 June 2022, 15:17:37 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1406 on: Tue, 21 June 2022, 13:22:48 »
dr strange multiverse..... mmmmmmm........ it's gud' in general, but it's getting a bit too gawdy / messy now. it doesn't seem imperative that any of the characters take their actions. why bother when nothing is at stake.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1407 on: Tue, 21 June 2022, 19:15:28 »
But overall, very entertaining. Thank you for the recommendation. Watching it interwoven with new episodes of Strange New Worlds is interesting but disorienting.
Awesome!
Yeah, you pretty much nailed it.

Just watch it for what it presents itself to be and it's a good watch, not like award winning or anything but a fun show to watch.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1408 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 02:57:42 »
Copycat, 1995. Good movie. Few moments here and there that nowadays would need to be re-done, as those movies in 80-90s were a bit simpler, too simple for today's audience.
I like Sigourney.

« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2022, 03:00:40 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1409 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 07:49:06 »
ni(k cage film,    unbearable weight of massive talent....

errrmrmrm...rmrmrmrm.r....  it's''''' Not Bad at all..  not funky fresh either,  overall,  well made even if it's formulaic....  it fits together without expensive distractions, and in that way at least it's not pretentious...

So.... overalllll.. 6.75 out of 10.

288273-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1410 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 21:26:36 »
Crimes of the Future.... Hrrrrrm....................

Not, a huge fan of this type of movies,  the plot centers around the hypothetical disappearance of "pain" and rapid idiopathic evolutionary "tumors". 

This is yet another "reality distortion" movie troupe which in trite fashion relies on a spontaneous acquisition of technology by "a species" that does not possess the cognition to process it.   Not unlike super heroes. It's another derivation of, but instead of the display of g-friendly feats of physics bending,  this film is about body-horror.

If we're at the edge of our intellect,  it makes sense that these concepts are explored, but one can't help but feel it's inelegant, that the writer/director is haphazardly forcefully swapping labels on generally agreed upon objects.

The sky's not blue, it's ####, if you don't like it, you're not smart enough or at my level.

I guess, the main complaint here is that the logical basis behind the world building is not fully constructed, and only loosely strung together to support the scattered visual shock.

Just because some critical function, pain, a fundamental human boundary (to avoid pain), is removed, DOES NOT mean humans start to become irrational as portrayed.

Maybe the format is not enough. what could and couldn't be said in 2 hours, the constraint of budget, time, interest. hrrm...   maybe.

AS IS,  story's light.  the reliance on gore to sell is lazy.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1411 on: Wed, 22 June 2022, 22:36:05 »
Watched Best In Show followed immediately by A Mighty Wind. Same director, same actors, different films. I liked Best In Show much more, it was funnier and had less singing.
Fred Willard was great in both though.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1412 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 02:43:07 »
Watched Spiderhead, less than good, not really worth the time.

« Last Edit: Wed, 29 June 2022, 03:51:48 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #1413 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 03:01:00 »
Watched the end of Obi-Wan Kenobi.  Not very good. Felt like a comic book, and the story would have been better suited to that format IMHO. Too few episodes, illogical/gaping plot holes and you could argue that it broke canon.
Definitely not worth getting Disney+ for. (Which I didn't. No way in hell is Disney getting any more of my money)

ni(k cage film,    unbearable weight of massive talent....

errrmrmrm...rmrmrmrm.r....  it's''''' Not Bad at all..  not funky fresh either,  overall,  well made even if it's formulaic....  it fits together without expensive distractions, and in that way at least it's not pretentious...
Agree. It's a pop-corn flic, nothing more. I think there were references to old Nick Cage movies that I didn't get because I'm not a big fan.

It was a movie about a fictional Nicholas Cage though. In real life, he has two sons and no daughter.
BTW, the actress is a real child of divorced celebs: her parents are Kate Beckinsale and Martin Sheen.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 June 2022, 03:07:53 by Findecanor »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1414 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 07:23:24 »

the reliance on gore to sell is lazy.

My feeling about Cronenberg since the beginning.

I suppose that my (highly qualified) "favorite" is ExistenZ but I have avoided the majority of his films because his constant employment of shock and disgust leaves me both irritated and unsatisfied.

I do enjoy some of the avant-garde written fiction in decades past, and Ballard and Burroughs were 2 of my very favorites. But his treatment of (arguably) their best books, Crash and Naked Lunch were deeply dissatisfying and missed what I considered to be the real essences of the stories.

Maybe I will watch this one, I haven't seen anything he's done in several years.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1415 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 07:35:14 »

Watched Best In Show followed immediately by A Mighty Wind.

I saw these when they came out and thought that they both blew with hurricane force.

Dogs have become one of the most loathsome animals on the planet to me, and I don't want to watch humans worshiping them.

The "social revolution" of the 1960s was an extraordinary event in the history of the human race and the music of the era was an important background factor underlying what was happening in the streets, with the "folkies" early in the period having major significance. For all of the pain and failure that people today eagerly point out, there were important advances being made - more slowly than many people wanted, but progress nonetheless.

In my opinion, the movie trivialized the importance of the movement and failed to demonstrate what it was actually about.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1416 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 08:53:52 »

the reliance on gore to sell is lazy.

My feeling about Cronenberg since the beginning.

I suppose that my (highly qualified) "favorite" is ExistenZ but I have avoided the majority of his films because his constant employment of shock and disgust leaves me both irritated and unsatisfied.

I do enjoy some of the avant-garde written fiction in decades past, and Ballard and Burroughs were 2 of my very favorites. But his treatment of (arguably) their best books, Crash and Naked Lunch were deeply dissatisfying and missed what I considered to be the real essences of the stories.

Maybe I will watch this one, I haven't seen anything he's done in several years.

I watched ExistenZ first when it caem out in 1999, then watched it few months ago with my wife.
I didn't like it then and now, a bit disgusting, feels cheap, did not like it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1417 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 01:54:13 »
I think with Cronenberg it was more about making the audience uncomfortable. He uses a lot of fetishist sexual tones and technology to the same effect. Get the audience raw so they think about the human condition in a different way.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1418 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 03:00:06 »
Watched Last Seen Alive.
It was ok, old story, which was seen in 100 movies already. I liked the soundtrack.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1419 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 07:35:01 »
Watched the first 2 episodes of Picard season 2 last night. Seems pretty stale.

Besides which - what? Not Q again? ugh

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1420 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 14:18:51 »
Finally convinced the Wyfster to watch Veep  ^-^

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1422 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 14:29:31 »

to watch Veep

wouldn't she

Sometimes it seemed like it was a contest to see how foul the language could get.

My favorite was the congressman's tall self-deprecating assistant.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1423 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 03:00:42 »
Watching Hunters.
As always for me, very interesting subject (WWII and holocaust). Overall good show, I have 3 out of 10 more episodes to watch. Story is ok, of course people who are interested in this will know that it had happened (hunting for nazis), however at times this show is a bit too "comic", they tried to make it a bit funny or something, like Glorious Bastards, or be similar to one of those stupid Marvel movies, which doesn't work for me, subject is to serious to make it funny that way. But overall, good show, worth to watch it, if you like the subject.

EDIT:
finished it. Final was ok, I predicted what is gonna happen, but didn't like the way it was done, kinda lame for such a good story.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 June 2022, 03:50:37 by phinix »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1424 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 08:32:28 »
So now I am caught up with Strange New Worlds and The Orville, and I must say that last week's episodes were surprising and unexpected.

Both were ultimately formulaic and inspired by many similar episodes scattered through the Trek-ish universe, but they were simultaneously refreshing and tedious to me.

And the "reveal" in The Orville did give me a good chuckle.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1425 on: Tue, 28 June 2022, 21:35:57 »
Ughhh..... nothing scifi 2 watch cept trek... every thursday soooo slowww.... sigh.................

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1426 on: Wed, 29 June 2022, 04:54:49 »
westworld s4,   it's starting out alright,  I wish they'd stop with the maze format and just give it to us like Startrek.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1427 on: Wed, 29 June 2022, 14:37:30 »
bah....

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1428 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 10:47:31 »

bah

Pretty much my opinion finishing Picard 2.

20% of it was excellent but there was a huge dollop of maudlin bull**** that made the end result putrid.

Presumably we have finally! seen the last of Q, but now will we have to suffer through even more Khan than we have already wasted hours of our lives on? Those 2 characters were among the low points of the Trek saga, in my opinion, although Q was worse.

I thought that Khan was a weak episode in 1967 when he first showed up, and was astonished that anybody ever wasted any more film on him.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1429 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 12:22:55 »
Me watched minions rise of gru now to watch marcel

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1430 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 10:35:48 »
Bouncing a ball against the wall...

Common movie cliche,  but Tp4 has never in his life done this, or seen anyone else do it.

Do people actually do this in real life ?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1431 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 10:43:03 »

Bouncing a ball against the wall

I have done it. Much better exercise than playing computer solitaire, but extremely annoying when anybody else is around.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1432 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 11:27:45 »

Bouncing a ball against the wall

I have done it. Much better exercise than playing computer solitaire, but extremely annoying when anybody else is around.

damn, now tp4 must find a ball.  years of anti-sp0arts, no equipment of anykind.

Offline davejo

« Reply #1435 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 08:49:09 »
Started Dr strange but 1 hour in and just bored. One of the most soulless marvel films I have seen.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1436 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 09:22:47 »
Started Dr strange but 1 hour in and just bored. One of the most soulless marvel films I have seen.

yea the monster were also so big that they looked kinda fake.. RTX = OFF

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1438 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 15:25:07 »

Marvel movies have gotten really boring. Even when they are not predictable, the audience is still fatigued with them.
The last good one was No Way Home, and I only liked it because of how self-aware it was.
All the mainline Disnarvel films are stale af.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1439 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 16:16:17 »
dr. strange is also just not that interesting, he's incredibly op.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1441 on: Thu, 07 July 2022, 03:02:55 »
jurassic world dominion ,   kind of wet dog..

Show Image

Going to cinema with my family this Saturday to see it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1442 on: Thu, 07 July 2022, 06:57:38 »

Show Image

all the visuals are amaze,  the plot,  /raises eyebrow

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1443 on: Thu, 07 July 2022, 21:11:02 »
westworld s4 e 2,

ahhhh.....  it's pretty kewl,  but it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they'd bother carrying on that way.  there are so many uses for technology such as that, and you'd have to be pretty un_creative and stubbornly limited to use it as such.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1444 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 03:01:47 »

Show Image

all the visuals are amaze,  the plot,  /raises eyebrow

Yeah, I just picked it for effects, plot is always iffy in this series :)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1445 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 09:23:45 »
The Orville isn't playing around anymore.

Never would have expected some of the story lines they've done this season. 
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1446 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 09:53:25 »

The Orville isn't playing around anymore.

The humor/parody aspect gives them some cover but they are still pushing the envelope pretty hard.

I just wish that it didn't look so much like magic so much of the time, and that such momentous occurrences were not producing so few (if any) consequences. 

Also Kelly's smugness is really, seriously, getting on my nerves.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1447 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 15:29:33 »
Me watching thor love and thunder and boys season finale

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1448 on: Sat, 16 July 2022, 07:16:19 »
Solar opposites S3 is , okk.......  it's not as funky fresh as season 1 and 2 though...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1449 on: Sat, 16 July 2022, 13:50:02 »
The HDR use in  Lightyear is Amazing....   if only pixar did Gundam,