Author Topic: Razer Update Deathadders... "Back in Black"  (Read 31824 times)

Offline hfcobra

Razer Update Deathadders... "Back in Black"
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 12:43:12 »
just wondering, does the Deathadder have angle snapping?  If it does then can it at least be disabled?
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline NKRO

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 12:54:33 »
Quote from: hfcobra;295557
just wondering, does the Deathadder have angle snapping?  If it does then can it at least be disabled?
No angle snapping at all, and no option for it if you did want it.

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 13:27:22 »
@NKRO

He isn't talking about Windows Pointer Speed but about Ingame Sensitivity which works differently in a 3D Engine like a FPS.

There the sensitivity settings determine how much your avatar turn for one count from the mouse.
In that enviroment there is no pixel limitation, the only limitations is the sammlest angle your avatar can turn but this angle is usually negligible small, for example ~0,0055° (360/65536) in the Q3 engine.
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 13:31:43 »
it really is a good mouse   :P  i need to try one out sometime

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 13:32:59 »
Quote from: Bullveyr;295588
@NKRO

He isn't talking about Windows Pointer Speed but about Ingame Sensitivity which works differently in a 3D Engine like a FPS.

There the sensitivity settings determine how much your avatar turn for one count from the mouse.
In that enviroment there is no pixel limitation, the only limitations is the sammlest angle your avatar can turn but this angle is usually negligible small, for example ~0,0055° (360/65536) in the Q3 engine.

ah, good.  I was getting worried that the way i had been working around my high CPI over the past few months was not a good way to go about it!  Now that i know that i feel much better!   :D

Offline NKRO

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 15:53:26 »
@NKRO

It's funny that you brought that up—I was going to say that in a 3D engine that works with direct input things probably work a little differently, but it's just easier to explain on the desktop.

Using a calculator I can't find any usable setting that requires more than 2000 CPI at 1080p. As previously mentioned, if you're less than 3" per 360° turn, you are not going to be able to compete at a high level. (pros often use 2-3x that distance or more)

While it may not be harmful (depending on the engine) it is not necessarily beneficial either.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 February 2011, 16:00:15 by NKRO »

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 15 February 2011, 16:29:30 »
@NKRO

Exactly I never wrote anything about WPO, I assumed since almost every gamer out there uses 6/11 that is a given.

I'm going to say that DPI is something that will be debated ad-nauseum. Many people have put in their own theories or facts on DPI as have I if you look at my posts around here.

This is a post I made a while back, condensed with other links
. What I wrote may not be necessarily correct it's not set in stone though I have ran into various forum and posters providing a very similar formula. So in a way, while I don't necessarily have a every single information correct and it's open to debate. The debates seem to center around similar understandings.  

So basically DPI is cut into a number of different segments.
1. DPI is mathematically correlated. In other words like the link above correlate accuracy by showing that more DPI per inch is more accurate similar to using higher resolution shows a better image. i.e. in 16:10 a 1920x1200 looks significantly better than say 640x400. Of course sensitivity plays a role like lower sensitivity but everyone uses different sensitivity.

2. Finding the minimum amount of DPI needed for a given sensitivity, resolution, FoV, and m_yaw/pitch. In other words because the game treats pixels around the crosshair differently than those around your vision. You can find the minimum amount of DPI before you start skipping pixels as in the phoon calculator. i.e. You might be able to extend 400DPI to be useful at a resolution like 1920x1200 simply because if your sensitivity is low enough your minimum recommended DPI is below the DPI of the mouse. In a way treat DPI like CPI or counts per inch, instead of treating DPI as a pure speed modifier, you also need a certain amount to count over the pixels to your sensitivity. Think of it like DPI is a scanner not purely a speed modifier.

3. Setting the sensitivity to 1.0 and raising the DPI till you find the sensitivity you use. In other words instead of say 2.5 x 400dpi = 41cm/360, 1.0 x 1000dpi = 41cm/360. 2.5*400 = 1000 i.e. 1K DPI. This one doesn't make much sense because despite the fact that some games do have a sensitivity area were reaching closer to 1.0 means closer 1:1 movement until you reach 1.0 and anything below is supposedly wasted commands that are thrown away. It doesn't make much sense because there's also m_yaw/m_pitch modifying the sensitivity but it's quite possible that some of those games were coded with some sort of additional layer.

4. This is the one that probably requires the most intelligent mathematician and most people would have absolutely no clue. But basically calculate all the settings together and using mathematical formulas to find all the data necessary. So while people have come up with different calculations that show basic information literally calculate everything using advanced mathematics(angular, euclidean, pi, etc.etc.).

Offline Conditioned

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 15:06:04 »
Ha, Im getting a replacement for one of my older 1800 dpi. Im gonna take a sensor from my othter 1800 and put it in this puppy when I get it mid march. Yihaa.
Antec p183, I5@4.01 ghz, 6Gb Kingston Ram,1200w Corsair psu, Intel 80 gb ssd, 3TB Storage (Seagate), Asus Essence STX with AKG K701, Gigabyte 480 gtx, Dell 2048 WFP 24" + Benq xl2410t 120hz 23,6", Razer Deathadder 3g with Goliathus Control, Netgear Wnr 3500 running Tomato USB w/ 500 gb storage

Offline HaiiYaa

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 21:55:05 »
According to this video, the normal version is easier to grip and lift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxWUCyQgUTE

can anyone confirm this?

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 22 February 2011, 23:48:19 »
Hey!  Check our my review of the Razer Deathadder Black and the Logitech G500 over at OCN.

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 22 February 2011, 23:55:55 »
well I dont want the "Pointing Devices" section to feel unloved.   :)

Offline NimbleRabit

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 28 March 2011, 19:05:22 »
Quote from: HaiiYaa;299125

can anyone confirm this?

I would say the normal version is significantly easier to grip and lift, but I don't do either of those things often at all so it's not a big deal for me.  I greatly prefer the smooth sides, they are much more comfortable.

Offline ioos

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 05 April 2011, 20:12:01 »
I just got the Black Death Adder this week. I have to say, I really like it. I've never used the original Death Adder, but I don't find this one hard to grip at all. My only (minor) gripe is that it's more grey than black. The original looks more black than this one (except for the gaudy LEDs).

Offline Brodie337

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 05:00:46 »
Well, I chased it up today. Logitech mice have a return rate (due to faults, not just exchanges) of 2.3 percent in 12 months. Razer sits at 6.5 and Microsoft is a 2.1 percent. We don't carry Steelseries, so I can't comment on that. These are mice only, and returns within 12 months of purchase.

Offline snowball

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 12:03:05 »
Quote from: HaiiYaa;299125

can anyone confirm this?

I totally disagree. As someone who's hands sweat I have real trouble with glossy sided mice.
Mice: Zowie EC2, SS Xai, Deathadder Black Edition, Imperator, MX 518, G9
Mousepad: Artisan KAI.g3 HARD, QCK+, SX, 9HD, I-2, NP+, QCK Heavy, Zowie G-TF
Keyboard: G6v2, Mini Choc (blue), Leo Otaku (brown), Poker (Red on order)

Offline vincewchan

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 03:08:46 »
^ What he said.
Filco Majestouch 2 104 Cherry MX Brown
Razer Deathadder Black Edition

WTB: iMav\'s GH key(s)

Offline ladiesman2927

• 초보
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 16:05:34 »
I've been looking into a mouse that would minimize hand sweat for a palm grip and the textured surface on this looks like it would help a lot. I currently use a Naos 3200 and I don't like the grippy rubber coating (which makes my hand sweat a lot) and how it makes my hand feel very uncomfortable after 20-30 minutes of a gaming session. I actually have to go wash my hands each time. How well do you guys think this mouse would suit my needs?