Author Topic: GMK-electronic make cherry keycap ?  (Read 149342 times)

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
Re: GMK-electronic make cherry keycap ?
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:07:52 »
Again, we should create a poll for this.

Edit: I made a quick one: (I belive I have every suggestion given so far included)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dGt6bnR5cGxDX3QtLWlvMTgxNV9NS2c6MQ

Results:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap601635Mj95dGt6bnR5cGxDX3QtLWlvMTgxNV9NS2c#gid=0

Edit2: forgot to add graphite
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:11:10 by damorgue »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #501 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:11:16 »
Again, we should create a poll for this.

Edit: I made a quick one:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dGt6bnR5cGxDX3QtLWlvMTgxNV9NS2c6MQ

No MOQ, no pricing and yet we make a poll

If price is too high people might not want to buy or buy less, if price is low people might be interested in more, this poll will mean nothing after its done because there is not enough info for someone casting their votes to even know what they are getting, and this is not even taking time into consideration, within the time now till this said GB EliteKeyboards might have already made some of these sets already which will lead to a re-poll

Unless the info is required immediately these results won't be of any help
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:13:08 by tsangan »
Keyboardless

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #502 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:12:47 »
Should I make a poll for whether we should poll now, or after pricing?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #503 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:13:00 »
If the quotes are indeed colour specific, then it may be of interest to know beforehand which are the most popular ones. I hope people understand that this is just to get an idea and doesn't mean much.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #504 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:14:04 »
If the quotes are indeed colour specific, then it may be of interest to know beforehand which are the most popular ones. I hope people understand that this is just to get an idea and doesn't mean much.
And if the colours are already done by EK? Then we spend more time on a re-poll?

Polls aren't useful unless you take that info and use it right away, people will change their mind

By all means use the poll now, but I'm just saying the info you receive won't be of any help later as there is too many variables and the biggest one of all is what EK has in line already
Keyboardless

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #505 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:14:55 »
Lets not get too ahead of ourselves here. As I mentioned, we will want to co-ordinate with the retail channels and see what they have planned so a lot of effort isn't put into options that may be available anyway. This will give us the chance to do other things to compliment, supplement what they will be offering or do other things they have deemed to be too risky.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #506 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:16:14 »
If that's the case then we really need to know what else EK will be selling, or we're just going to be requesting things that are already halfway there.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #507 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:17:20 »
If that's the case then we really need to know what else EK will be selling, or we're just going to be requesting things that are already halfway there.

Good luck with that. Since we didn't even know EK was making red Esc's.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #508 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:18:18 »
We should run entry and exit polls too!
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #509 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:22:08 »
Regardless of the price, we can figure out which is the most popular ones and then work towards that. If there are some retailers working to get that colour scheme, then the second most popular one could be the target. I don't see the problem in assessing the interest in the colours, regardless of MOQ. That will, as you stated, have to be made later when such facts are received. Besides, having to spend more time on an actual poll later isn't much of a problem as hopefully you don't spend much time answering this very extensive poll :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #510 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 13:17:33 »
Full YCF or YAM set.

Or CCnB.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #511 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 13:18:05 »
As lysol said, we did get a communication back from GMK today with some detailed specifics but still nothing on MOQ and pricing yet because that is dependent on what we're looking for.  Because the sales model wasn't designed for individual purchasing (even buying as a community), we need to essentially provide some sort of wishlist and from that point on we can determine scope, MOQ and pricing.  Scope meaning that we break out what we can and can't realistically do, in an affordable price range.

Some other news, they haven't done any PBT or sublimation work yet, but it sounds like it's part of their plans to incorporate it at some point in the near future.  Also, for full keysets, it's likely we can't get any work done with them for the next 3-4 months.  They did however re-state that if we had a custom modifier or novelty GB going, they can likely fit us in a small window.

With that being said, we should focus some 'Phase 1' planning around existing Cherry legend novelty keys (different colored esc's, windowed pad printed keys, etc.) and modifier sets.  And now with EK in the whole mix, we can't be certain as to know what they're planning next but I'll try and reach out to them to see if we can prevent a situation where we step on eachothers toes.

I'm on an airplane right now and my motion sickness is kicking in. When I land and have a few minutes to write, I'll quote some of the email I got from GMK.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #512 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 13:29:54 »
have you guys been in contact with EK yet? if he already has his foot in the door it may just be easier to coordinate with him, he has the retail front to be able to do this easier anyway with big orders etc.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #513 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 13:34:40 »
No we haven't.  I plan to write Brian an email this evening

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #514 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 13:39:50 »
have you guys been in contact with EK yet? if he already has his foot in the door it may just be easier to coordinate with him, he has the retail front to be able to do this easier anyway with big orders etc.

Let's keep them and us as separate as possible please!

EDIT: I mean in a gb-way. I'm all for integrated communities. :D

Cheers,
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2012, 13:45:03 by OrangeJewce »
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #515 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 13:57:35 »
I know RGB is popular, but why don't we do a CMYK set instead to mix it up? As alaric guess, low risk things are likely to be covered by retail. So we will want to go risky :p and do the wild stuff, maybe revisit the Miami colorway I proposed awhile back for example? Think outside the basics people.

would love that so much

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #516 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:03:51 »
I know RGB is popular, but why don't we do a CMYK set instead to mix it up? As alaric guess, low risk things are likely to be covered by retail. So we will want to go risky :p and do the wild stuff, maybe revisit the Miami colorway I proposed awhile back for example? Think outside the basics people.
I'm sure the Handarbeit would get a lot more love then that Miami set what was the final numbers for that set 50-75?
Keyboardless

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #517 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:06:57 »
One thing I will say right now is that it's evident that there are other retailers interested in coordinating with GMK.  Please, please if you are doing this reach out to either lysol or myself.  It will help in the grand scale of things and allow us (as a community) to develop better and broader products through good relations with our manufacturers.

We don't want to step on eachothers feet and end up making the same thing.  We're not here to expose your sales model, but we do want to understand the MOQ and pricing better so that it isn't hidden to everyone.  This works well with SP today, and I imagine it could work the same way with GMK.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #518 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:09:03 »
They have a business to run, they would most definitely not be reporting to lysol or you sadly

Chances or Brian letting you know what he has coming is slim to none either
Keyboardless

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #519 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:10:13 »
I don't know, I passed the project on and didn't pay attention afterwards LOL. I was more just giving an example to get people thinking than anything. There have been at least several nominations for the typing tutor 'handarbeit' thing. I dont know how many it will appeal to since there are so many colors in that, it's pretty busy. Might not be a very good choice for a first full set, but I won't rule it out. If that's what most people want, fine.

If EK dosen't want to collaborate with the community that is certainly their business. But there could be consequences to being that way. It's a 2 way street here.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:14:43 by lysol »

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #520 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:12:00 »
Even so, it's somewhat in EK's interest to speak up.  There's always the chance that we get far enough into a GB to have peoples money locked in and the product ordered.  Suddenly EK get's the same item in stock.  Either the community tears itself apart because people demand refunds so they can go to EK, or EK is sitting on product that won't go anywhere.

Either way is bad.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #521 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:12:05 »
I was just naming an extreme set to compare to that one, there are many other sets that's not as loud and yet still unique
Keyboardless

Offline BimboBB

« Reply #522 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:17:46 »
Why are you caring about the retailers anyway? Just let do a groupbuy as usual.   

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #523 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:18:58 »
Miami set what was the final numbers for that set 50-75?

It was 51 before canceled order, just check the spreadsheet.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #524 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:19:06 »
because some people prefer it now and would pay a premium for it which will lead to the GB less successful due to some people already purchased the same set from said retailer
Keyboardless

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #525 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:23:40 »
No need to duplicate efforts and it allows us to focus on other things.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #526 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:27:40 »
Given the communication with GMK, sounds like you should just come up with a few fictitious but plausible sets.  Assuming color doesn't matter to the price much (like SP), then really it's just a matter of which keys and how many.  Have a couple quotes that cover various quantities and keys.  It'll be a lot easier for them to give you a quote, and should provide us at least a *ballpark* on what to expect.  It could be so far in left field that it's not expected.  But, being that current group buys are going on hold to wait for information from this, that sounds like a good thing to do fairly soon.  Realistically, there's not much else you can do anyway, right?  It's a chicken and egg situation.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #527 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:33:41 »
because some people prefer it now and would pay a premium for it which will lead to the GB less successful due to some people already purchased the same set from said retailer

Still...$5 without shipping for a single cap? That's...steep, even for the retailers we have here at GH.

Regardless, let's just wait and see what happens with this manuf. I highly doubt that any of the more established vendors will talk to us. If anything they might be mad that we happened upon this manuf. Time will tell.

Cheers,

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #528 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:39:58 »
I don't think we can assume colors does not affect the price, since Dan and Lysol has said we won't know the MOQ and pricing until we tell them what we want. (For example, if we pick colors they have on hand, it'll be cheaper than colors that they don't currently have)

With regards to other GB's waiting for this to happen because they want to use GMK instead of SP, I predict they will be put on hold for a long while...I wouldn't be happy if I were in them :\

Luckily I'm not lol

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #529 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:42:13 »
Given the communication with GMK, sounds like you should just come up with a few fictitious but plausible sets.  Assuming color doesn't matter to the price much (like SP), then really it's just a matter of which keys and how many.  Have a couple quotes that cover various quantities and keys.  It'll be a lot easier for them to give you a quote, and should provide us at least a *ballpark* on what to expect.  It could be so far in left field that it's not expected.  But, being that current group buys are going on hold to wait for information from this, that sounds like a good thing to do fairly soon.  Realistically, there's not much else you can do anyway, right?  It's a chicken and egg situation.

This.  Hell, I know I've been pushing it, but use what I have for layout and whatnot with Klaxon just to get a pricing down.  I can't imagine a huge price differentiation between this, dolch or whatever else. 

I also think that if other retailers are using this for novelty caps and mod sets, why aren't we ok with just doing full set GBs that seem to solely be the domain of the group buy and waiting to see what EK, techkeys, keypop or whoever else puts out for the smaller stuff?  I mean, it's not like full group buy sets go through IC/GB/fund collecting/creation/shipping in any short period of time anyways.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #530 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:43:08 »
I don't think we can assume colors does not affect the price, since Dan and Lysol has said we won't know the MOQ and pricing until we tell them what we want. (For example, if we pick colors they have on hand, it'll be cheaper than colors that they don't currently have)

This is true, I'm sure it may affect it a bit.  But in general, most plastics companies I've worked with don't vary the price much on color for the same type of plastic.  (I used to do a lot of plastics stuff at my old company.)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
GMK-electronic make cherry keycap ?
« Reply #531 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:46:01 »
Miami.....that is all

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #532 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:46:01 »
Hell, I know I've been pushing it, but use what I have for layout and whatnot with Klaxon just to get a pricing down.  I can't imagine a huge price differentiation between this, dolch or whatever else.

Makes perfect sense to me.  You've already got the layouts, the pledges, etc.  As good a place as any to start with a quote.  DanGWanG, is there a problem with this approach with them, or are you planning on something else?

Offline fuus

• All Year Christmas!
« Reply #533 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:48:00 »
+1 To Klaxon!  :)
Filco - Browns

Past: Ergodox - Reds / IBM SSK / Spirit 87% - Clears / Dell AT101W

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #534 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:52:59 »
We will be doing just that very soon, putting together some sets that are most likely to move into actual purchase scenario, and using that as a baseline. We have a lot of compromising to do between the various keyboard forum communities which have some quite different interests. Hopefully we can come to a good consensus to make the largest amount of people happy. If we don't all work together I don't see it happening.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:55:56 by lysol »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
GMK-electronic make cherry keycap ?
« Reply #535 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 14:54:25 »
I'll just have to buy 1000 Miami sets and open a store that only sells Miami sets lol.
"Come one come all. Get your pink n teal Miami caps. Great fun for all the family."

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Re: Re: GMK-electronic make cherry keycap ?
« Reply #536 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:05:17 »
They have a business to run, they would most definitely not be reporting to lysol or you sadly

Chances or Brian letting you know what he has coming is slim to none either

Pessimism at its finest lol

Im not asking anyone to report to me.  Im simply asking for some knowledge so we dont end up stepping over eachother.  If businesses dont want to share what theyre making and we make a gb for it its a lose lose for everyone.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #537 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:07:59 »
I am exercising my right as the forum's one and only hashbaz to veto the Miami set.

Let's do something that's not fugly.

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
Re: Re: GMK-electronic make cherry keycap ?
« Reply #538 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:13:43 »
Indeed, I would love a mods set in that colors to go with this alphas...
Show Image

would be one of few 2tone style colorway I would really want.
I want a set of these with the mods in reverse colours, cream on brown.
I think a standard set with tenkeypad inc common key variations, containing 1.5 and 1.25 mods with both ANSI and ISO keys, 1.75 right shift, with 6.25 and 7 space.
Yes I get keys I don't want/need now but I'd rather have a full set and the total volume would bring price down.

Would also like skidata colourway but swapping the orange for yellow.
WASD V1 - waiting on R4... - MX Brown
KBT Pure - Zinc caps - MX Brown
Cherry G80-1800 ISO WKL - SkiData caps - MX Clear

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #539 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:14:33 »
I am exercising my right as the forum's one and only hashbaz to veto the Miami set.

Let's do something that's not fugly.

!אתה הגיבור שלי

Cheers,

P.S.
I hope that's right? sometimes ha ivrit sheli ra m'od.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:18:52 by OrangeJewce »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #540 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:19:48 »
חש, you're my hero.

תודה ;D

Show Image

Personally I would love to see a Coffee & Cream set that involved modifiers in that nice deep chocolate brown color.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #541 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:24:38 »
You changed your avatar Hashbaz! I like it!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #542 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:33:24 »
That was what I was talking about before exactly hashbaz.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #543 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:40:10 »
You changed your avatar Hashbaz! I like it!

Thanks!

That was what I was talking about before exactly hashbaz.

Then you have my axe.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #544 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 15:49:10 »
I'm happy for EK to run the standard stuff, much easier to order and get than a GB but you will only get the weird stuff from the GB's.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #545 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 16:41:57 »
I just thought about this, too.  If prices aren't astronomical, why not still organize GBs like we currently do and then when it's time to do the numbers/order, let Dan be the intermediary?  That way Dan isn't run ragged doing GBs, we move through the stuff we'd like to get on keyboards at a reasonable clip and everyone wins.  It's kinda how businesses work.

Of course, this could be completely moot if we find out they only work in batches of 1k or more.

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #546 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 17:22:41 »
No MOQ, no pricing and yet we make a poll

No specific order, no MOQ, no pricing.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #547 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 17:29:17 »
Wonder whether we could/should offer GMK a vendor forum here.  Although it they prefer not to get swamped with emails from multiple members they may be unlikely to have the resources to poll a forum too.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline shawn o

« Reply #548 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 18:58:59 »
Am I wrong to assume that if they made the Cherry doubleshots, then they WOULDN'T have the right tooling to make keys to fit modern Keyboards such as Filcos and "moogle kits" would still be needed from SP?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #549 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 19:07:33 »
Am I wrong to assume that if they made the Cherry doubleshots, then they WOULDN'T have the right tooling to make keys to fit modern Keyboards such as Filcos and "moogle kits" would still be needed from SP?

Have you never seen 1.25x keys by Cherry?  They are just more rare, it does not mean it is impossible.

There are also Center stemmed caps lock by Cherry. 

The only thing that is not possible (yet) is the key that i3oilermaker has worked on with SP.  Center stemmed stepped caps lock.  I doubt it would be easy to create this.