Author Topic: razer hunstman te spacebar problem  (Read 1756 times)

Offline mavuelliot

razer hunstman te spacebar problem
« on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 21:53:28 »
not sure if this is the right place to post this, but not sure where else.

i just received my razer hunstman te, first thing i did was swap out keycaps, i thought the spacebar was like other keyboards (ducky one 2 mini etc) and i pulled it off and realised it wasnt, so i placed the spacebar back on,pushed it in tightly , and now when i press it it comes up very slow / is very hard to press. i've tried taking it off and putting it back on many times and have flipped it, still does it. anyone know how to fix this?

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
Re: razer hunstman te spacebar problem
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 11:20:43 »
Did you swap out the "posts" or "clips"? IIRC that spacebar has funny little clips on either end, not a standard MX stem.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Kitty Stark

• please be gentle
Re: razer hunstman te spacebar problem
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 12:15:06 »
Did you swap out the "posts" or "clips"? IIRC that spacebar has funny little clips on either end, not a standard MX stem.

This was my first thought. My old Razer Blackwidow spacebar has the center Cherry stem, but on the ends there are two little clips on the board and the spacebar has a thin metal bar running underneath it that attaches to those. If you don't line it all up correctly the spacebar won't work properly. I think the enter key had a similar bar on it, so I assume they use it to help those keys last a bit longer since they are likely the most used?