Author Topic: [IC] REBEL - SA keycap set  (Read 208682 times)

Offline Findecanor

Re: [IC] REBEL - A Star Wars inspired SA ABS set [updated 1.29.16]
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 08:58:46 »
I'm  interested in Aurebesh first, and completing the sets second.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 13:10:40 »
Nice.  Personally, I'm a bigger fan of that light gray for the mods than the white/black but both look good.  The last pic with everything put together looks solid.

Show Image

A 60% for you.  :-*

OP also updated to add all the recent changes discussed.

That's pretty damn awesome.  I like it.  It could end up being a nice Christmas present at the rate SA sets are going ;)

Offline MyGreatDevastator

• Destroy Cancer
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 15:16:30 »
The grey is looking great! And the Aurebesh would definitely be tempting, hope you can make that work somehow!

Offline breckstar

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 19:59:07 »
Star Wars+ favorite colors = Lovin' it

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 00:09:24 »
So realistically what are we looking at for the Aerbesh set? How long to make if they even can? When would they drop? Estimate (Roughly) on cost?

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 20:10:01 »
Nice.  Personally, I'm a bigger fan of that light gray for the mods than the white/black but both look good.  The last pic with everything put together looks solid.

Show Image

A 60% for you.  :-*

OP also updated to add all the recent changes discussed.

That's pretty damn awesome.  I like it.  It could end up being a nice Christmas present at the rate SA sets are going ;)

Well as of right now, they are booked in to June with SA sets.  So Christmas would probably be about right. lol

The grey is looking great! And the Aurebesh would definitely be tempting, hope you can make that work somehow!

I hope so too.  The more I see it, the more I want it!

Star Wars+ favorite colors = Lovin' it

:cool:

So realistically what are we looking at for the Aerbesh set? How long to make if they even can? When would they drop? Estimate (Roughly) on cost?

To get the Aurebesh set doubleshot, which is the ultimate goal, it's around $1400 in custom legends.  I would guess about $40ish per set with 100 sets sold.  I will find out for sure what kind of price it would be to see if it would make sense.  As to a drop/cost, no idea right now.  SP is booked in to June with SA sets.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 20:12:05 »
Alright, so I'm trying to get the base details of the set finished up.  Would I be better off running a set like this?

This way would include some of the more common alternate layout keys.  I figured that would be better since I'm doing 2 different colored mods.  I'm trying to keep the number of kits down, but if I would be better off running a full set of alternate layout keys in each mod color rather than together like this, then I will.  I would also offer a smaller set of oddball keys with mac options and whatnot just to cover whatever else.

Oh and I had an idea to make the Rebel logo [or the X-wing key] possible as well.  A small pack of relegendables!  This isn't perfect, but I think it would still work out great.  The only thing is, would I have to offer just one color, or could I do a pack of a few colors?

I'm also working on some alternate modifiers and novelties that I'll be posting up soon™.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 21:10:57 »
With 30ish novelties/new molds needed to make this a doubleshot set (you couldnt make this dye sub with the current colors) you are looking at about $1,500 just in mods for this set. That will significantly raise the price of the sets and make this one of the most expensive SA sets ever. Just something to consider.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 01:14:19 »
With 30ish novelties/new molds needed to make this a doubleshot set (you couldnt make this dye sub with the current colors) you are looking at about $1,500 just in mods for this set. That will significantly raise the price of the sets and make this one of the most expensive SA sets ever. Just something to consider.

That plus the SA pricing hikes.  This one with the Aurebesh and Yuri are looking to be two of the higher-priced sets because of all the added costs.  Hopefully both can round up some good followings to help balance that out.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 09:01:14 »

That plus the SA pricing hikes.  This one with the Aurebesh and Yuri are looking to be two of the higher-priced sets because of all the added costs.  Hopefully both can round up some good followings to help balance that out.
Ah Yuri, yeah that too. Classic space takes the cake with trying to make a new full font for 104 boards. Definitely want to do pmk or MD for these sets if possible.

Offline Niomosy

Re: [IC] REBEL - A Star Wars inspired SA ABS set [updated 1.31.16]
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 14:33:15 »

Ah Yuri, yeah that too. Classic space takes the cake with trying to make a new full font for 104 boards. Definitely want to do pmk or MD for these sets if possible.

Good point, I forgot about Classic Space.  That new font will certainly be a heavy hitter.  Wasn't there talk of a cost split across more than one set? 

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 16:10:47 »
Random SW question the original V keys located at the bottom, what is or does that mean? My buddy is a huge SW nerd and he didn't even know what it was. Tried to look it up on Google but I was unable to find anything on it.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 16:42:32 »

Good point, I forgot about Classic Space.  That new font will certainly be a heavy hitter.  Wasn't there talk of a cost split across more than one set?

They were looking to do a fundraiser novelty set for the font, which I think is a bit of a stretch in terms of feasibility.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 17:33:30 »

They were looking to do a fundraiser novelty set for the font, which I think is a bit of a stretch in terms of feasibility.
Yeah I'm in all of those emails. It's gonna be interesting for sure. It's really tough to get the full community behind something these days.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 17:35:09 »

Yeah but logistics for that are a nightmare. Either way the first set to run with it is going to be astronomically expensive.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 18:27:42 »
Random SW question the original V keys located at the bottom, what is or does that mean? My buddy is a huge SW nerd and he didn't even know what it was. Tried to look it up on Google but I was unable to find anything on it.

From the helmet..

Just modified a bit.  If you look at the board at the top of the OP, I plan on doing them as they were.
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 January 2016, 18:30:09 by Pwner »

Offline mimalik

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 20:35:04 »
If its in SA profile then I am in, heck I will join whatever the profile, base orange + light beige modifiers + black text  :eek:

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 20:39:10 »
I am definitely in for Aerbesh, no matter the cost ;)

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:19:52 »
I got some pricing information from Melissa regarding the Aurebesh alphas:

Doubleshot
25 sets                   $82.08 per set
50 sets                   $53.00 per set
100 sets                 $38.46 per set

Pad Printed
25 sets                   $37.21 per set
50 sets                   $32.47 per set
100 sets                 $30.11 per set

As long as we could hit the 50+ mark for doubleshot, I really don't think that price is bad considering it's 28 custom legends.  I'm waiting to hear back if that is the set price, or if they would be cheaper yet if the set was run through MD.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:27:34 »

Doubleshot

Pad Printed

As long as we could hit the 50+ mark for doubleshot, I really don't think that price is bad considering it's 28 custom legends.  I'm waiting to hear back if that is the set price, or if they would be cheaper yet if the set was run through MD.

Wow. That is a really good price for the set.

Offline mastermachetier

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 16:26:05 »
man I would love to see some planck support on this set. Oh god the Aurebesh on the plank oh lord.

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 16:55:55 »
Hot damn I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!! So we start making these today, yes?!

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:15:36 »
Wow, that's a lot better than I expected for Aurebesh. I really don't think 100 would be a problem on MD, but even 50 seems quite reasonable.

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:21:09 »
I might be able to con my buddy into getting a real keyboard and a set of these ;)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 18:38:45 »
That pricing isn't too bad for the Aurebesh fans, it seems.  Should be a nice option.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 19:07:00 »
man I would love to see some planck support on this set. Oh god the Aurebesh on the plank oh lord.

Let me know what you want for a planck and I'll put a set together.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Re: [IC] REBEL - A Star Wars inspired SA ABS set [updated 2.4.16]
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 13:34:45 »

Doubleshot

Pad Printed

definitely worth it for doubleshots. this is great news

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 05:39:55 »

I'm not too familiar with the Planck layouts out there, but I've started a bit of work..

Hot damn I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!! So we start making these today, yes?!

I wish!  Get some more people in here that are interested and that would go a long way in to helping.  ;D

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 06:38:32 »

Doubleshot

Pad Printed

That's a really good price, people would pay for that.

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 08:06:29 »
I personally will be ordering at least 2 of these if that helps. I just talked to my buddy again about it, seems on board. He is not hip to online forums. Kids nowadays... But I already ordered the new KB and set it aside for these caps!

Offline punkpc

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:36:43 »
Any way to add a CMD key to the NON STANDARD/ADAPTER KITS? Or maybe a Mac kit?

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 18:01:33 »
Show Image

So hot. Any ETA when this will be launched so I can start saving? ;D

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
Re: [IC] REBEL - A Star Wars inspired SA ABS set [updated 2.7.16]
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 01:43:30 »
But I already ordered the new KB and set it aside for these caps!

That is awesome to hear!  I plan on building my first custom just for this set.  I hope I don't let either of us down.

Show Image

So hot. Any ETA when this will be launched so I can start saving? ;D

Soon™

Any way to add a CMD key to the NON STANDARD/ADAPTER KITS? Or maybe a Mac kit?

Show Image

I had them in the old alt. modifier set which I may do away with.  I added them in to the adapter kit for now at least.

Offline mastermachetier

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 02:59:13 »

I'm not too familiar with the Planck layouts out there, but I've started a bit of work..

Show Image

I like the direction I am curious what it would look like with the black number key style you have in base set around the edges maybe even in blanks with the real symbol top left and right over white with a white space we should also include two 1 u of choosen color for the space since that is also a popular layout, 😀 another thought is maybe we can include standard 1u punctuation with Aurebesh or as a side option so we don't for people to have to purchase base set for those 4 or 5 keys.  maybe even Aurebesh punctuation if it doesn't add to much to the cost.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 February 2016, 03:19:13 by mastermachetier »

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 03:28:54 »
I am curious what it would look like with the black number key style you have in base set around the edges

Something like this?

another thought is maybe we can include standard 1u punctuation with Aurebesh or as a side option so we don't for people to have to purchase base set for those 4 or 5 keys.  maybe even Aurebesh punctuation if it doesn't add to much to the cost.

That's a good point.  I added standard punctuation in to the kit.  I'm not going to add anymore to the aurebesh kit as that will add another $200+.

Like I said, I'm not familiar with the planck/atomic layouts, so if you see something that I should add, I would be more than happy too!
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 February 2016, 03:34:19 by Pwner »

Offline mastermachetier

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 03:50:29 »
I am curious what it would look like with the black number key style you have in base set around the edges

Something like this?

Show Image

another thought is maybe we can include standard 1u punctuation with Aurebesh or as a side option so we don't for people to have to purchase base set for those 4 or 5 keys.  maybe even Aurebesh punctuation if it doesn't add to much to the cost.

That's a good point.  I added standard punctuation in to the kit.  I'm not going to add anymore to the aurebesh kit as that will add another $200+.

Like I said, I'm not familiar with the planck/atomic layouts, so if you see something that I should add, I would be more than happy too!

I think I like your original layout better I a, gonna play around a bit in photoshop tomorrow to get so,e ideas typing from an iPad right it socks haha. The only thing I don't like on your original are the white raise and lower doesn't sit right with the gray for me haha. I'll let you know what I think once I get a better look. Great job BTW cool ideas and great quality work.

Offline punkpc

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 07:52:50 »
Regardless if the Mac kit is in there or not. This kit is looking great and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Offline srang

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 09:45:18 »
This is awesome, finally made a gh account just so I can sign up for this set when it goes live. Love the Aurebesh... no matter the cost

Offline mastermachetier

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 14:42:14 »
Okay so after messing around a bit with my horrible photoshop skills I kinda like white the best.

127439-0
127441-1
127443-2

What I was thinking we can do the mods in white the plank doesn't need any 2u keys aside from the space , but we should also offer 2 1u for the space since that is also a common config. I was thinking we could do either a white and orange space option or a white and blue .We can also do the ESC and DEL in blue .  Let me know what you think. Thanks for taking your time.  PULSE for plank is below for reference in terms of the keys we need, but I don't think we need to have the options for every row. I also made a list below for what i consider necessary. Also I am not against doing blank whites all around with blue options for the esc del and space

Row 2
          White 1u - ESC, TAB, DELETE, ENTER , BACKSPACE
          Blue   1u - ESC, DELETE, BACKSPACE
       Row 3
          White 1U - TAB, " '
       Row 4
          White 1u - UP, DOWN, LEFT , RIGHT, SHIFT , ENTER , CMD, CTRL, ALT, META, HYPER , SUPER, RAISE, LOWER , 2 BLANK
          White 2u - 1 BLANK
          blue   1u - 2 BLANK
          Blue   2u - 1 BLANK

lastly orange punctuation

127445-3

« Last Edit: Sun, 07 February 2016, 14:47:29 by mastermachetier »

Offline mastermachetier

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 14:52:32 »
Also one thing I noticed and I may be really wrong here , but are you letters mirrored in the aruebesh was the on purpose ?

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 18:17:32 »
Also one thing I noticed and I may be really wrong here , but are you letters mirrored in the aruebesh was the on purpose ?

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Nope it is mirrored but not on purpose.  I think it is an issue with KEL but I am doing them all individually anyways to send to SP when the time comes so I didn't worry about it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 February 2016, 21:41:47 by Pwner »

Offline mastermachetier

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 18:22:41 »

Nope it is mirrored but not on purpose.  I think it is an issue with KEL but I am doing them all individually anyways to send to SP when the time comes so I didn't worry about it.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Awesome I'll looking forward to put this set on my keyboard sometime in the future.... 😉

Offline Brammm87

Re: [IC] REBEL - A Star Wars inspired SA ABS set [updated 2.9.16]
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 16:24:18 »
Maaaannnn.. This set is starting to look great!
pls gief bbv2

Offline gaiden

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 10:07:10 »
Definitely interested! I have been looking for a mito-like set with ergodox kit. This might be it! Is there a Google Doc to fill out some info for interest? Thanks

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 03:55:59 »
So the KB for this build and custom Bro Bot arrive next week... We need to make this happen!

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 05:58:54 »
This is a super good looking set, definitely keeping my eye on this!

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 07:46:43 »
Definitely interested! I have been looking for a mito-like set with ergodox kit. This might be it! Is there a Google Doc to fill out some info for interest? Thanks

Nope.  Got anything you'd like to see added?  Just drop a message here.  Since you're interested in an ergo kit, would you rather see white or gray for mods or some combination of both?

So the KB for this build and custom Bro Bot arrive next week... We need to make this happen!

It will happen.  I just need to toss together some type of international kit and novelties.  Novelties I could use some suggestions on so toss those ideas my way!  Other than that, kits just need final color tweaks, mainly the ergo and planck kits and it's about done.  I plan on getting some 3D renders done as well then probably get it up for vote on MD/PMK.

* Forgot to mention: Planck kit was updated a few days ago and all the Aurebesh was fixed as well.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 February 2016, 07:49:11 by Pwner »

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 11:00:15 »

Nope.  Got anything you'd like to see added?  Just drop a message here.  Since you're interested in an ergo kit, would you rather see white or gray for mods or some combination of both?

It will happen.  I just need to toss together some type of international kit and novelties.  Novelties I could use some suggestions on so toss those ideas my way!  Other than that, kits just need final color tweaks, mainly the ergo and planck kits and it's about done.  I plan on getting some 3D renders done as well then probably get it up for vote on MD/PMK.

* Forgot to mention: Planck kit was updated a few days ago and all the Aurebesh was fixed as well.

This is very good to hear!!!

Offline mastermachetier

« Reply #148 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 12:02:05 »

Looks awesome so far !

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #149 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 12:35:29 »
Possible Aerbesh number pack?