Author Topic: Game for Couples  (Read 6214 times)

Offline Play Avery

• Mkeebs and Setup Enthusiast
Game for Couples
« on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 22:48:05 »
I've been looking for games to play with my GF, whom is not a gamer. I'm not an avid gamer myself but I do enjoy some time off gaming a few hours a week.

And so I bought It Takes Two by EA during the summer sale and I gotta say, it's an amazing two players game! My GF is hooked playing the game and I now spend more hours solving puzzles and killing bosses in that game than I do in Destiny 2  ;D

So what games do you and your partner play?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Game for Couples
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 04:58:47 »
Look for small number team games with a more casual aspect.

Among Us could be cheating but fun, depending on how close you game.
If you have VR, "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" looks awesome.

Some older but good ones...
Left4Dead2 for a shooter/exploration as teammates, another good one is Borderlands 2 again teammates, it's even more exploration based, in either you can pretty easily control the pace of the game. One ex tried to get me playing Guild Wars but I just have this aversion to magic in games making it hard to really get into it. Being older games, you don't need a killer system to play them and you can get them dirt cheap.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Play Avery

• Mkeebs and Setup Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 05:16:01 »
Yea I agree, older games are fun and doesn't break the bank to play them. My GF is not a gamer so she doesn't own a gaming console or a PC, most of the time we just play on my PS5. So we almost only play split screen titles like PvZ, Overcooked and now, It Takes Two.

Now of course the problem to that is, sometimes the split screen can be a little too small haha :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 20:45:28 »
Crawl is pretty fun with friends and stuff.
Overcooked is great, as mentioned.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 06:21:43 »
I would agree with the Borderlands 2 suggestion, some good funny antics and voicelines that should give a good chuckle for both of you.  Tiny Tina still to this day is one of my favorite characters - her additional pack is alot of fun.  Don't Starve is another good series for co-op (think its the newer Don't Starve Together).  Forest is a good survival game to play in co-op as well as a couple.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline geauxflying

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 20:19:20 »
We do board games. Gloomhaven, Puerto Rico, Terraforming Mars, all good for a game night with friends. I like Terra Mystica but it’s too cranial for some people once they get to drinking. Settlers of Catan if she’s really a beginner.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 03:47:33 »
Minecraft?

Easy enough to setup your own server and you can play with mobs off for a relaxing building/exploring-only game.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Asininity

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 15:38:33 »
I've been looking for games to play with my GF, whom is not a gamer. I'm not an avid gamer myself but I do enjoy some time off gaming a few hours a week.

And so I bought It Takes Two by EA during the summer sale and I gotta say, it's an amazing two players game! My GF is hooked playing the game and I now spend more hours solving puzzles and killing bosses in that game than I do in Destiny 2  ;D

So what games do you and your partner play?

It Takes Two is one of my wife and I's favorite cooperative games. I really hope we see more of its kind in the future. While very different in tone A Way Out is similar in that it's a story driven title that revolves two characters. It doesn't offer much in the way of reply value but was very enjoyable.

On the lighter side my wife and I have enjoyed Overcooked (1 & 2), Astroneer, Dungeon Defenders, Castle Crashers, Human Fall Flat, Unravel Two, Hammerwatch Don't Starve Together, Portal Knights, Portal 2, and Battleblock Theater to name a few. Some of the LEGO games are actually pretty fun in co-op. We've also played a number of arcade racers like Team Sonic Racing, shooters like Halo, Resident Evil titles, Journey to the Savage Planet, World War Z, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, Strange Brigade, Vermintide, and plenty of others. There's a few RPGs like Divinity Origin Sin 2 that have a good co-op.

A significant narrowing point is whether or not you're limited to couch co-op. There's a lot of great co-op games for which you either need to computers with sufficient hardware or two consoles.

Offline Katlicious

• Cable Artisan & Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 16:35:27 »
Crawl is pretty fun with friends and stuff.
Overcooked is great, as mentioned.

Didn't know overcooked ! Thank you very much will i'm gonna try this game with my boyfriend

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 04:43:10 »
You really need help to come up with games you can play with your girlfriend? :)
When I was younger, last thing to "play" with my GF was computer game... ;)

I would try chess, board games, cards.
If it has to be computer game, then Overcooked, Worms is fun, Don't Starve Together, Unravel Two.
These are nice playing with a friend.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 23:20:42 »
You really need help to come up with games you can play with your girlfriend? :)

If it has to be computer game, then Overcooked, Worms is fun, Don't Starve Together, Unravel Two.
Times have changed, video games replaced board games.
I know quite a few couples who do this.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phinix

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 03:30:23 »

I play loads of board games, they give a lot more fun than multiplayer PC games to be honest.
But can't find people who would play with us:(
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 21:44:52 »

I play loads of board games, they give a lot more fun than multiplayer PC games to be honest.
Check meetup and your local hackerspace/makerspace/comic book store.
Many of them host game nights for board games with some places having pretty good turn out.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phinix

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 02:40:39 »

Check meetup and your local hackerspace/makerspace/comic book store.
Many of them host game nights for board games with some places having pretty good turn out.

I don't know what those places are, but will definitely look into it :)
Don't know if these exist here, maybe in US there's more, but here all I can see is people interesting in drinking beer and watching f*** football  :rolleyes:

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 22:43:02 »
Hackerspaces and Makerspaces are traditionally a group of people pooling their resources (tools, equipment, money, knowledge) to create a community workshop.
There's at least 4 in Scotland.
https://wiki.hackerspaces.org/List_of_Hacker_Spaces

Meetup is like a Craigslist for events.
Games, hikes, bike rides, winetasting, etc...
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phinix

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 02:37:31 »
Hackerspaces and Makerspaces are traditionally a group of people pooling their resources (tools, equipment, money, knowledge) to create a community workshop.
There's at least 4 in Scotland.
https://wiki.hackerspaces.org/List_of_Hacker_Spaces

Meetup is like a Craigslist for events.
Games, hikes, bike rides, winetasting, etc...

Ha, interesting! I didn't know that:)
Thanks, will check it out.

Offline phinix

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 03:22:40 »
@OP - there is one more game I would reccomend for two players, I spent hours playing it back in the days: Scorched Earth :)
Make sure you play it on old PC with PC speaker :thumb:

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 19 August 2021, 17:17:34 »
Haha, my friends still ask me to play that game today. They don't play consoles or anything, but they want Scorched Earth.

Play it on DOSBOX SVN Daum or some other enhanced edition so that you can get CRT scanlines and monitor curve. I have a 4:3 monitor reserved specifically for this game.

It is really hard to find the registered edition of Scorched 1.5, though. There was a way to glitch that triple-turreted tank in regardless.