Author Topic: Duck Viper and Eagle Group Buy  (Read 994231 times)

Offline raymogi

Re: Duck Viper and Eagle Group Buy
« Reply #1450 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 06:32:32 »
Seems like the stabilizer on the right side is detached!

Any way i can fix it without opening up everything?

Please feed my addiction.

Offline E3E

« Reply #1451 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 06:36:51 »

Show Image

Oh god, this nightmare. This is the one thing I seriously hate about Cherry stabilizers. Yes, you can work it back into the stab dummy and the retaining clip, but you need some pretty small curved tools and finesse to be able to do it without having to desolder any switches. I use wax carving tools for the job. As they're made from a pretty soft steel, they shouldn't scratch a stainless plate easily. Make sure you have the wire in the right position in the dummy or else you'll be kicking yourself. There are two slots in the dummy that a wire could potentially slip into. You want to aim for the bottom one.

http://www.pjtool.com/dental-pick-set-4pc.aspx This style works very well. If you have anything similar enough, it might work. Maybe tweezers with stout tips that are curved.

Just to clarify: Do you mean that the wire popped out of the retaining clip and dummy or do you mean that the stab insert popped out of the PCB? The method I mentioned was directed toward the former issue, but it can be used for both.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 November 2015, 06:39:27 by E3E »

Offline raymogi

« Reply #1452 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 06:51:06 »

Show Image

Oh god, this nightmare. This is the one thing I seriously hate about Cherry stabilizers. Yes, you can work it back into the stab dummy and the retaining clip, but you need some pretty small curved tools and finesse to be able to do it without having to desolder any switches. I use wax carving tools for the job. As they're made from a pretty soft steel, they shouldn't scratch a stainless plate easily. Make sure you have the wire in the right position in the dummy or else you'll be kicking yourself. There are two slots in the dummy that a wire could potentially slip into. You want to aim for the bottom one.

http://www.pjtool.com/dental-pick-set-4pc.aspx This style works very well. If you have anything similar enough, it might work. Maybe tweezers with stout tips that are curved.

Just to clarify: Do you mean that the wire popped out of the retaining clip and dummy or do you mean that the stab insert popped out of the PCB? The method I mentioned was directed toward the former issue, but it can be used for both.

The wire popped out of the clip for sure. The wire is moving freely when I went in there using my tweezer.

Offline E3E

« Reply #1453 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 06:53:46 »

Show Image

The wire popped out of the clip for sure. The wire is moving freely when I went in there using my tweezer.

Ugh yeah, I hate that issue. OG caps and Cherry profile caps tend to have this problem the worst. They just hold on way too tightly. Chalk it up to caps that are too tight and design flaws in the stabilizer (yeah, it's the prettiest and most compatible kind of stab, imo, but... this issue...). I lube the stab mounts for my Cherry caps and the stabs themselves, though this doesn't always help too much.

For the best maneuvering, you're going to want to use two tools. One to try and shimmy it in the right slot in the stab dummy, and then another to force it back into the retaining clip.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 November 2015, 06:55:51 by E3E »

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #1454 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 23:30:58 »
Since duck0113 had post the viper version 2 design drawing for long time. Does any know any detail about group buy round 2?

As I konw there will be oactagon v2,light saver v3 and Orion v3.  Sadly no viper v2 !

Offline E3E

« Reply #1455 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 23:38:30 »
Since duck0113 had post the viper version 2 design drawing for long time. Does any know any detail about group buy round 2?

As I konw there will be oactagon v2,light saver v3 and Orion v3.  Sadly no viper v2 !

Unless Duck surprises us, it seems like they are not planned for the next year.

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #1456 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 03:00:20 »

Unless Duck surprises us, it seems like they are not planned for the next year.

yep,maybe 2017 :(

Offline bounstar

« Reply #1457 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 06:08:26 »
Hey guys, I stupidly ended up losing my plastic side inserts for my Eagle. I'm looking to buy a spare set from any kind souls out there.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1458 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 15:09:50 »
I'm still fumbling around learning on how to program my Viper. Thanks to E3E's comment on the previous page, I found whizzard's Octagon Build Log. Figured this might be helpful to others.  :)

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #1459 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 07:17:41 »
may I ask when there will be the next round GB?
will it happen this year?
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1460 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 14:06:14 »

Only Duck can say for sure, but all signs currently point to no.  :'(

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1461 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 14:07:59 »

Nope. Octagon v2 -> LSV3 -> Orion v3
I love Elzy

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1462 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 15:05:42 »

Sorry, what's "LSV3?"

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #1463 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 15:11:44 »

Sorry, what's "LSV3?"

Lightsaver Version 3

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1464 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 15:37:33 »
Lightsaver Version 3

Ahh yes, obvious in hindsight :|

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #1465 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 13:36:47 »
I want the viper to be my first and only custom. Being basically my end game keyboard. Can't wait for this to start hopefully the end of this year or just next year :thumb:

My wallet isn't rly set for this right now or even the near future so im kinda happy other customs are being worked on now.

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #1466 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 01:42:35 »

Show Image

Were you able to fix it? You can try to use a creditcard or something really thin to push the wire back into the socket.. wokrs everytime on my viper.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #1467 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 01:43:49 »

Show Image

Were you able to fix it? You can try to use a creditcard or something really thin to push the wire back into the socket.. wokrs everytime on my viper.

Yep I fixed it already. I used my watch tool to get into the tight space.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1468 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 05:04:53 »
It happened to me a lot and I always use an eagle tweezer to snug it back in place, work for me overtime
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1469 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 14:49:31 »
Just a quick confirmation that the Viper case uses standard M2 .4 pitch 6mm long hardware?  Thanks. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline zeta

« Reply #1470 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 01:14:03 »
Any chance of this being ran again?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1471 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 06:40:16 »

We can hope BUT;

nothing is planned.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1472 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 06:46:03 »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline STARLORDCOFFEE

• @watch_spike
« Reply #1473 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 12:18:33 »
We can hope

I'm praying....

Want a Viper so bad. Been planning on an HHKB for a while but I'm going to wait a bit longer in hopes that a Viper Kit pops up. Ive already seen the most recent full build go up but I already have way too many Linear switch boards.

Model M              BL82          JD45          HHKB        RF

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1474 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 08:06:38 »

Duck tends to not re-run older builds, rather releasing a new version.  As you can see[1], the V2 of Octagon is running right now, which followed the V2 of Orion.

Visit his site to keep on top of things: http://duck0113.tistory.com/

[1] - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78549.0

Offline zeta

« Reply #1475 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:15:06 »
That's a shame. I'm sure I'm not the only person holding out for a quality HHKB-style MX board.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1476 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:16:39 »
That's a shame. I'm sure I'm not the only person holding out for a quality HHKB-style MX board.

Duck is a single person and he can only handle so much. Why keep running the same boards when you can create new designs? There will most likely be a newer version eventually but he can only do one group buy at a time.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1477 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:55:57 »

Duck is a single person and he can only handle so much. Why keep running the same boards when you can create new designs? There will most likely be a newer version eventually but he can only do one group buy at a time.

But people want it now.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1478 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 22:03:30 »
I'm hoping that he doesn't change the designs too much in the next versions .
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1479 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 22:06:32 »

If he follows the same path as the others then he'll most likely just make it a two case design with options for the bottom case and add indicator lights.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #1480 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 22:06:43 »
Anyone else a little tired of the side LEDs with the acrylic cutout?

I hope the v3 line will be something completely out of this world! Looking forward to it. :)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1481 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 22:53:40 »

If he follows the same path as the others then he'll most likely just make it a two case design with options for the bottom case and add indicator lights.

yeah, I don't care about side LED's, or acrylic bottoms.   I actually like the look of the Eagle case without the acrylic pieces.

And I hope there's no random holes for LED's in the aluminum body.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1482 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 23:17:00 »

yeah, I don't care about side LED's, or acrylic bottoms.   I actually like the look of the Eagle case without the acrylic pieces.

Yeah I honestly like it the way it is. I really liked my Orion v2 but there was just something about it that didn't make it feel as a special custom. I don't really know how to describe it though, Duck makes really good boards though.

Offline E3E

« Reply #1483 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 00:16:53 »

Yeah I honestly like it the way it is. I really liked my Orion v2 but there was just something about it that didn't make it feel as a special custom. I don't really know how to describe it though, Duck makes really good boards though.

Yeah, I feel this way about the Eagle, though the Viper makes up for it by being a HHKB replica. I am not a big fan of the look of the case, but since I started with the Octagon v1, these two little 60% remind me of a shrunken Octagon.

Looking at my Octagon right now, I do think it looks pretty rad, but that's also because of its funky nameplate that gives it character. I think the Octagon v2 seems less special imo. I'm so up in the air about that one, but I need something to put my damn vintage MX whites in, and I IF I get into the VE.A buy, I'd rather use Alps for that.

If I had thought about it sooner, I'd have hotswap modded my v1, then I could just be like. THERE WE GO, THAT'S WHERE I'LL PUT THE MX WHITES. I am not desoldering the Octagon v1 AGAIN. Now I need a board for it.

#keyboardlogic #feedingyouraddiction

It's either that or a 75% PCB. I'd rather the v1 have a 75% Alps PCB anyway if it could. SEE!? I'm tying myself in knots. It's like I'm not even supposed to have those vintage whites, man!
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 February 2016, 00:21:21 by E3E »

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1484 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 14:07:04 »
I heard viper and eagle might show up again after Octagon V2 ;)

Offline STARLORDCOFFEE

• @watch_spike
« Reply #1485 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 14:12:00 »

Sounds good. :thumb: My body is ready.

Model M              BL82          JD45          HHKB        RF

Offline zeta

« Reply #1486 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 14:22:05 »

Down.

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #1487 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 14:29:45 »
Hype!

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1488 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 14:34:05 »

And I was prepared to wait until 2017 for the Viper :thumb:

Offline hKing

• I am ze Ubermensch!
« Reply #1489 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 14:44:12 »
**** me. That's awesome!  :-*

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1490 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 14:58:51 »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1491 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 15:08:14 »

Now that is something unexpected, I'm super excited about that! :thumb:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1492 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 15:31:46 »

I'll be ready this time.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline tuco

« Reply #1493 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 15:38:53 »
Very awesome news!

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1494 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 18:50:04 »

Do you know if there will be any changes made to it? I'm a big fan of the symmetrical Viper, and not the other one that is asymmetrical, HHKB-like.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
« Reply #1495 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 19:05:13 »

Do you know if there will be any changes made to it? I'm a big fan of the symmetrical Viper, and not the other one that is asymmetrical, HHKB-like.
I agree with this.  I'm not a fan of the asymmetrical HHKB like Viper.

Offline sageco

« Reply #1496 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 20:26:23 »

This should demonstrate the intensity of my interest.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #1497 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 20:31:17 »
Preparing money for Viper  :eek: :eek: :eek:
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline Edmundoh

« Reply #1498 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 20:44:17 »
Super Interested in a Duck Eagle, if it does go for another run, I really hope the same style case is kept.
I need that thick lip action, floating keys aren't really doing it for me.

Also curious, how do you program and map the keys when you get the board?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1499 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 21:06:10 »

Right after I pay $450 for a viper lol