Author Topic: WHY is the HHKB superior?  (Read 50336 times)

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
Re: WHY is the HHKB superior?
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 20:14:33 »
Let’s sum up the arguments here, for why the HHKB is said to be better than other keyboards:
pros
• 60% form factor => this argument isn’t HHKB specific
• Ctrl key in place of Caps Lock => You can do that with any other programmable keyboard
• Backspace/Delete placement => what’s so special about it, that a 60% keyboard can’t do?
• aesthetics => de gustibus non est disputandum
• Topre switches => ok, but again not HHKB specific
cons
• overpriced
• controller not programmable
• Topre switches are not compatible with MX keycaps
• arrow keys aren’t easily accessable

Hmm, well your cons are simply wrong:

• overpriced - not for the quality you get.
• controller not programmable - how many keyboards have this, besides customs?
• Topre switches are not compatible with MX keycaps - umm, yes.  Is this a problem though?
• arrow keys aren’t easily accessable [sic] - this is not true.  The arrow keys are actually more accessible than on a "regular" MX keyboard.  You don't have to move your right hand away from the main alpha keys.  You learn to use your right hand and Fn key for arrows quite easily.

Also, you forgot one big "pro":

• Vikings love the HHKB Pro 2.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 20:20:29 »
Let’s sum up the arguments here, for why the HHKB is said to be better than other keyboards:
pros
• Ctrl key in place of Caps Lock => You can do that with any other programmable keyboard
• Backspace/Delete placement => what’s so special about it, that a 60% keyboard can’t do?
cons
• overpriced

You don't have to bother with programming your keyboard if you have the HHKB. Case mounted Topre switches are HHKB specific. Arrow keys are 1 Fn press away, besides you could get the jp version if you desperately need the arrows.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #152 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 20:21:27 »
pros
cons
• overpriced

You don't have to bother with programming your keyboard if you have the HHKB. Case mounted Topre switches are HHKB specific. Arrow keys are 1 Fn press away, besides you could get the jp version if you desperately need the arrows.

I don't see the problem with using right pinky finger for the Fn key, and just using arrows with Index and Pointer fingers?

Offline Kmynis

« Reply #153 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 21:04:33 »
It has the best layout for a 60% board. I wish I knew the benefits of the HHKB layout earlier, so I would have ordered my GH60 in this exact layout.
The only 60% that can come with type-s.

People like topre, people like 60%, therefore people like hhkb.

Cons: ****ty feet, poor keycap availability.

HHKB Type-S
Filco TKL MX Red

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #154 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 21:05:36 »
It has the best layout for a 60% board. I wish I knew the benefits of the HHKB layout earlier, so I would have ordered my GH60 in this exact layout.
The only 60% that can come with type-s.

People like topre, people like 60%, therefore people like hhkb.

Cons: ****ty feet, poor keycap availability.

The first con can be solved for $.60, and the second is just a sad reality =( The only downfall of the board.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #155 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 21:07:42 »
I love my HHKB(s). There are a couple of annoying things though. Available replacement keycap variety is severely lacking. Also if you are playing games that require right hand on mouse and left hand on arrows (though this might be inherently true (for me) for any 60% keyboard).
RETIRED

Offline suby4me

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 21:11:46 »
When I first saw the layout of the HHKB, I wasn't sure how it'd be. To be honest, it works quite well in my opinion. I had a poker II and I thought it was smart using the wasd + fn. With the HHKB, the fn is next to my pinky and my index finger can hit the arrow cluster easier.

It is understandable that it's hard to find keycaps for these boards. However, maybe in the future we'd see some adapters that will let us use cherry mx caps (saw a prototype around here).

exitfire is right about the feet. I just went to home depot and bought some rubber pads for a dollar something, cut it up, slapped it on and now it's perfect.

Besides Vikings loving the HHKB, so do Mongolians  :p
current: poker 2 | HHKB pro2, Novatouch | off: das keyboard 4 | Ducky 3 TKL | death by coffee das keyboard mac ver. | razer blackwidow | whitefox | corsair K70 RGB

Offline tribade

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 21:12:29 »
pros
cons
• overpriced

I don't see the problem with using right pinky finger for the Fn key, and just using arrows with Index and Pointer fingers?

Isn't that how everyone does it? I've found the arrow keys really easy to use.
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #158 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 21:20:54 »
cons

Resolved (mostly) by this.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DuckNorris

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 22:12:02 »
I was interested in one but I do use my arrow keys a lot and I see the hhkb does not have them. I use them when programming.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 22:14:59 »
I was interested in one but I do use my arrow keys a lot and I see the hhkb does not have them. I use them when programming.

HHKB does have arrow keys.  You have to use Fn key to access them.  It is easy.  Like anybody can do it.

Like zoinks.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 22:21:07 »

HHKB Pro 2 has non-dedicated arrow keys, so you'll have to use Fn to access them. The HHKB Pro 2 JP however, has dedicated arrow keys.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline DuckNorris

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 22:22:24 »

HHKB does have arrow keys.  You have to use Fn key to access them.  It is easy.  Like anybody can do it.

Show Image

Like zoinks.

Show Image

I dont know if I would want to pres fn when accessing them lol, cause I use them a  lot.

Offline tribade

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 01:46:12 »

Show Image

Like zoinks.

Show Image

I dont know if I would want to pres fn when accessing them lol, cause I use them a  lot.

For me, their placement became second nature so quickly that I didn't miss having dedicated arrow keys. Once you get used to it I found that it was even easier than using shift to capitalize a letter.
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."

Offline Sagii

• Time to bust some nails
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 03:52:16 »

Show Image

Like zoinks.

Show Image

For me, their placement became second nature so quickly that I didn't miss having dedicated arrow keys. Once you get used to it I found that it was even easier than using shift to capitalize a letter.

That's how I think I'll end up as well. I mean, on the Poker 2 etc I was scared how it would be to press the arrow keys + shift + ctrl. I use that a lot when editing text documents (I do that quite a lot), but when I'm able to press the arrowkeys with ONLY my left hand, it'll be easy to press shift and ctrl as well. In all fairness, I would have to move my fingers LESS than when using a TKL or fullsize :D So the placement of the Fn button is a big deal for me!

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 04:44:49 »
• Vikings love the HHKB Pro 2.

Offline schad

« Reply #166 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 21:41:14 »
I hate you all.  Without even trying, you may have talked me into this keyboard.  I've already swapped Control and Caps Lock.  (Including the caps.  I have a Sun Type 7, which you could actually get in a very similar layout, so the caps are the same size.)  I was hoping that it would feel totally alien and awkward and that I could use it to talk myself out of a HHKB.  But instead, I immediately adjusted to it and now can't imagine going back to the "normal" layout.

In a last-ditch attempt to save myself almost $300, I'm going to take apart this Model M that's been sitting in the garage for the past 10 years or so, clean it, buy a PS/2-to-USB adapter (no PS/2 ports on any of my computers), and see if that will satisfy me.

Although I am half Danish.  Apparently, this means that the HHKB might be inevitable.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 22:52:19 »
I hate you all.  Without even trying, you may have talked me into this keyboard.  I've already swapped Control and Caps Lock.  (Including the caps.  I have a Sun Type 7, which you could actually get in a very similar layout, so the caps are the same size.)  I was hoping that it would feel totally alien and awkward and that I could use it to talk myself out of a HHKB.  But instead, I immediately adjusted to it and now can't imagine going back to the "normal" layout.

In a last-ditch attempt to save myself almost $300, I'm going to take apart this Model M that's been sitting in the garage for the past 10 years or so, clean it, buy a PS/2-to-USB adapter (no PS/2 ports on any of my computers), and see if that will satisfy me.

Although I am half Danish.  Apparently, this means that the HHKB might be inevitable.

A Model M will not satisfy you.

The spark of curiosity about HHKB has been lit.

We have you now! :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 03:03:57 »

Offline Sagii

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 03:44:36 »

As rowdy said, the spark has been lit. I had my eye on the HHKB Pro 2 from the day I registered here, but I thought the pricetag was just simply INSANE, and that I would never get one. One and a half month later I'm waiting for it to arrive in my mail >.> You're not getting outta this, my brother, but trust me, thy shall not regret! I've joined the elite ranks of Happy vikings Hacking away at their Professional keyboards, and so shall you!

Offline Sagii

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 03:45:10 »
Oops

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 03:59:20 »

He needs a F

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 05:05:02 »

He needs a F

And could very well end up with both!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:01:32 »
HHKB Pro 2 has non-dedicated arrow keys, so you'll have to use Fn to access them.

So you have to press the FN key together with the arrow(s), to initiate movement on screen?  The same principle with other keys as well?

And relax here HHKB snobs because I want to know the exact key activation and not trying to be funny in anyway.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:19:28 by Elrick »

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:23:15 »
HHKB Pro 2 has non-dedicated arrow keys, so you'll have to use Fn to access them.
So you have to press the FN key together with the arrow(s), to initiate movement on screen?  The same principle with other keys as well?
Pretty much yeah.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:29:01 »

And relax here HHKB snobs because I want to know the exact key activation and not trying to be funny in anyway.

Yes, just press and hold down Fn first, and then press '[` for up-arrow, etc.

Offline osi

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:32:26 »

Yes, just press and hold down Fn first, and then press '[` for up-arrow, etc.

The arrows are not a big deal in the function layer. I got used to them easier than expected

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:33:32 »
The HHKB is the only 60% Topre out there, and some people prefer 60%, and the Topre is a very good keyboard.

Yes, there are other Topres, and other 60% keyboards, but it is the only keyboard that is both.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:36:21 by quadibloc »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:34:27 »
The HHKB is the only 60% Topre out there, and some people prefer 60%, and the Topre is a very good keyboard.

You're forgetting about the Leopold FC660C.

Offline Sagii

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:38:28 »
No matter what everyone says, I can't wait for my HHKB!! I sent the customs my invoice etc a few days ago.. any norwegians who's got a guestimate of how long it'll take, assuming it went through the customs without any trouble? (Blackbox and epzy, I'm looking at you)

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:38:56 »
You're forgetting about the Leopold FC660C.

Oh, wow. It's a 66% instead, but that means it has cursor keys without shrinking the right Shift key too much. Yes, I would prefer that to an HHKB.

Offline Kmynis

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:42:46 »
Leopold, especially with dye sub caps is a proper competitor for the regular hhkb pro 2, maybe even a smarter purchase tbh. Or you can get a hhkb type-s and forget about all other 45g topre boards. I can not imagine how can you not want to try type-s once you try the regular one, so go with the end game right away and save yourself some money.
HHKB Type-S
Filco TKL MX Red

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 07:44:14 »
No matter what everyone says, I can't wait for my HHKB!! I sent the customs my invoice etc a few days ago.. any norwegians who's got a guestimate of how long it'll take, assuming it went through the customs without any trouble? (Blackbox and epzy, I'm looking at you)

Should only take a few days after they've received the letter. :p

Offline Sagii

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 08:01:32 »

If you're wrong, and it doesn't come in the next few days, Imma hunt you down man. I can't take this.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 08:02:38 »

If you're wrong, and it doesn't come in the next few days, Imma hunt you down man. I can't take this.

Come @ me.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #185 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 13:31:14 »
I never thought that the HHKB was superior. I always preferred older Dell and IBM keyboards.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #186 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 15:05:04 »
I never thought that the HHKB was superior. I always preferred older Dell and IBM keyboards.
Lol i though you were going to say sidewinder x4 or some ****...
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #187 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 02:53:52 »

Late reply but yea, it should take only a few days. If it doesn't you have one more man to hunt down.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 17:14:51 »
hp vectra
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline tutuling

« Reply #189 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 10:05:00 »
See

Offline 40keyless

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 04:19:12 »
welcome to the club!

Offline joedupa

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 15:43:48 »
Hi guys, I'm new here.
So looking at special HHKB layout - what do you do in programming that you prefer CTRL in Capslock position.
What do you there that it makes that difference?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #192 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 15:56:39 »
Hi guys, I'm new here.
So looking at special HHKB layout - what do you do in programming that you prefer CTRL in Capslock position.
That's where the magic happens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 20:17:56 »

No Microsoft Internet Keyboard? Wow. My mind is blown.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #194 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 20:20:20 »

The spark of curiosity about HHKB has been lit.

We have you now! :p

Unless you're me! Carry on.

Offline joedupa

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 18:56:35 »
Hi guys, I'm new here.
That's where the magic happens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WHat exactly being magic there? :)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #196 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 09:39:52 »

So did you get your hhkb? Did you like it? Do you still have it?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 17:14:21 »
dude @phinix we were talking in another hhkb thread last week on here.

i just wanted to let you know that i got a hhkb hybrid white with printed keycaps and i am completely blown away. this is the first store bought keyboard i have used in like a decade. ive been making myself ergo doxes and 60% since i got on here in 2013.

i should have bought this ****ing thing years ago. you should stick with it.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 03:10:40 »

i just wanted to let you know that i got a hhkb hybrid white with printed keycaps and i am completely blown away. this is the first store bought keyboard i have used in like a decade. ive been making myself ergo doxes and 60% since i got on here in 2013.

I think I'll buy it again :)

How do you work with this without arrows?
Are you ok with 60% arrows placement?
Do you use arrows a lot?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 09:35:41 »

I think I'll buy it again :)

How do you work with this without arrows?
Are you ok with 60% arrows placement?
Do you use arrows a lot?

omg if you buy it again you'll have the most ridiculous history with this board in the 25 years of its history. lol

ok man as for adjusting to keyboards. i am good at adjusting. i taught myself to type on a custom matrix layout ergo dox years ago and ive made my own 60% boards for like a decade. it will take me like a week or two with the arrow keys being where they are on my hhkb for me to adjust.

i freaking love the topre switches. the sounds is soooo nice. i cant believe im in love with a ****ing store bought keyboard.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid