Author Topic: [GB] GMK Black Modi - WoB Addon Kit  (Read 40850 times)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: [GB] GMK Black Modi - WoB Addon Kit
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 18:24:45 »
Perhaps I'm missing something, but wasn't this set supposed to come with a windowed caps lock?

True... according to the render.

But I'm noticing that my kit has a 1.75u full touch Caps Lock key instead of the windowed stepped Caps Lock. This is probably the correct thing to do if the number of keys had to remain the same.

Excuse the poor lighting.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 18:38:56 »
Perhaps I'm missing something, but wasn't this set supposed to come with a windowed caps lock?

True... according to the render.

But I'm noticing that my kit has a 1.75u full touch Caps Lock key instead of the windowed stepped Caps Lock. This is probably the correct thing to do if the number of keys had to remain the same.

Excuse the poor lighting.
Show Image

The render shows both windowed and non windowed. No where was it mentioned that one had to be cut for any reason, and I thought that I had paid for both.

Offline kyungpil park

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 19:15:21 »
Where is windowed caps lock? Any notice for the change?
huge disappointment.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 22:57:36 »
Yep so GMK changed the set and set the changes into motion.

Myself and the other vendors only caught the change until the set was done. I only realised the change this week. Really sorry for this folks, nothing can really be done about the change as well. :(

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 23:37:24 »

Myself and the other vendors only caught the change until the set was done. I only realised the change this week. Really sorry for this folks, nothing can really be done about the change as well. :(

Any way to reach out to GMK and have them make replacement caps? This has been done in the past on several occasions, and GMK really seems to love scuffing their sets to varying degrees lately.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 23:43:50 »

Any way to reach out to GMK and have them make replacement caps? This has been done in the past on several occasions, and GMK really seems to love scuffing their sets to varying degrees lately.
Yep working with the vendors now to see what can be done.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 23:49:35 »
Yep working with the vendors now to see what can be done.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thanks, you da mvp :thumb:

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 07:21:38 »

Lame move GMK. Hopefully this can be resolved..

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 01:53:43 »
Any news from vendors?

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 02:06:56 »
Any news from vendors?

Yeah GMK just replaced the Windowed Key with the Full Caps lock. Don't think we really can do anything about it, unfortunately.

GMK has like 150 Sets give or take queued for production right now and just don't have the time to (or don't want to?) fix/replace and send one cap over.

Offline thanatic

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 02:29:31 »
Any news from vendors?

Yeah GMK just replaced the Windowed Key with the Full Caps lock. Don't think we really can do anything about it, unfortunately.

GMK has like 150 Sets give or take queued for production right now and just don't have the time to (or don't want to?) fix/replace and send one cap over.

I thought GMK would fix these issues like the "F13" for nautilus R2. etc

Metaverse and other got their keys fixed as well. That's unfortuante.

Offline MxBlue

• * Maker
  • buy my keyboard
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 02:31:16 »
Any news from vendors?

I thought GMK would fix these issues like the "F13" for nautilus R2. etc

Metaverse and other got their keys fixed as well. That's unfortuante.

Sadly, different times and different levels of pull due to the qty of the order.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 12:10:23 »
Well, I guess this just reinforces my decision to stop buying GMK sets. Their qc, lead times, and customer service have been getting worse and worse and I'm just not down for it anymore. Oh well, most of the sets I want are old runs anyways.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 14:08:53 »
Well, I guess this just reinforces my decision to stop buying GMK sets. Their qc, lead times, and customer service have been getting worse and worse and I'm just not down for it anymore. Oh well, most of the sets I want are old runs anyways.

It is just insane paying premium prices and getting low quality and bad service in return. It is good to see more GB for SP's sets, al least it is another option. The last time I got in one those buys the outcome was outstanding.

This is an example of good packaging:

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 15:04:41 »

It is just insane paying premium prices and getting low quality and bad service in return. It is good to see more GB for SP's sets, al least it is another option. The last time I got in one those buys the outcome was outstanding.

This is an example of good packaging:

Show Image

I'm excited for the increase in DCS ics I've seen, especially Hueys Honeywell set. I've also found that I like SA a lot, and I joined in on the recent CRP run too. Definitely lots of other options out there.