Author Topic: Covid Booster Shot.  (Read 4666 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Covid Booster Shot.
« on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 21:52:16 »
Pfizer doing a covid booster <targets Delta variant>

Do you guys think it's compatible with people who got other vaccines.

Is it like using Amd Fidelity FX  on Nvidia gpu ?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Covid Booster Shot.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 06:44:27 »
Should be fine if it's far enough apart or given together.
It's likely very little changes.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 08:36:42 »
We should expect it to keep mutating until it is pushed back into small isolated corners rather than remaining widespread out in the open.

I am assuming that we will be getting annual Covid shots along with flu shots going forward.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 11:20:03 »
I hope it comes sooner than later.  I had the pfizer vaccine a while back.  I live near current hotspots for delta variant.  I have family that lives 6 hours away.  6/6 household members were vaccinated.  All but one with Pfizer, other with J&J.  All 6 have delta variant.  Transmitted to other family household where 4/4 members  now have delta variant.  Younger family members seem good.  Just cough and loss of taste/smell.  Oldest 2 family members loss of smell and taste with cough and extreme fatigue.  2 weeks in and no hospital for anyone yet. 

TLDR: Pfizer seems not very effective against delta variant transmission, at least not for my DNA sequence. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 11:26:51 »
I hope it comes sooner than later.  I had the pfizer vaccine a while back.  I live near current hotspots for delta variant.  I have family that lives 6 hours away.  6/6 household members were vaccinated.  All but one with Pfizer, other with J&J.  All 6 have delta variant.  Transmitted to other family household where 4/4 members  now have delta variant.  Younger family members seem good.  Just cough and loss of taste/smell.  Oldest 2 family members loss of smell and taste with cough and extreme fatigue.  2 weeks in and no hospital for anyone yet. 

TLDR: Pfizer seems not very effective against delta variant transmission, at least not for my DNA sequence. 

OH SNAP.....   Delta and Lambda confirmed bunker busters.

What was the time-frame of their vaccination  till symptoms.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 11:30:17 »
I believe is was about one month after fully vaccinated status.  Could have been a few weeks longer. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 11:31:27 »
I believe is was about one month after fully vaccinated status.  Could have been a few weeks longer. 

They said you're g2g in 2 weeks, so that qualifies as way post.  Hrrrmmm.. Masks4ever.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 11:55:16 »
Pfizer doing a covid booster <targets Delta variant>

Do you guys think it's compatible with people who got other vaccines.

Is it like using Amd Fidelity FX  on Nvidia gpu ?

Why wouldn't it be?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 14:19:15 »
wonder if Lambda is a mutation due to the vaccine, Delta was already live in early distribution of the initial vaccine launch in UK (caused additional lock-down).  Just seeing if there is a pattern to the changes in the virus and if it coincides with other actions we are taking against it - or if it's coincidental (not being tin-foil hat it's just interesting to me).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 15:48:46 »
wonder if Lambda is a mutation due to the vaccine, Delta was already live in early distribution of the initial vaccine launch in UK (caused additional lock-down).  Just seeing if there is a pattern to the changes in the virus and if it coincides with other actions we are taking against it - or if it's coincidental (not being tin-foil hat it's just interesting to me).

Offline yui

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 07:36:16 »
well if it is otherwise weaker i'd say that it would not have propagated without the vaccine, but then we would have a stronger version, if it is stronger then it would like be a pure coincidence, it would have propagated either way
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Kavik

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 11:01:12 »

One of the arguments I heard against mass vaccination during a pandemic is that, if lots of people were exposed to the virus before completing the vaccination schedule (between shot 1 and shot 2), the virus could evolve around the immunity before it's fully established (Geert Vanden Bossche). But I've also read rebuttals to that claim that seem reasonable, so who knows.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 11:45:12 »

One of the arguments I heard against mass vaccination during a pandemic is that, if lots of people were exposed to the virus before completing the vaccination schedule (between shot 1 and shot 2), the virus could evolve around the immunity before it's fully established (Geert Vanden Bossche). But I've also read rebuttals to that claim that seem reasonable, so who knows.

That's an interesting idea, but I guess what are authorities gonna do instead of rolling out the vaccine immediately? Makes sense to just get it out asap and pray for the best.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 13:20:40 »

if there is a pattern to the changes

Everything is mutating all the time (including us) more or less at random, and if and when a mutation confers an advantage then it is able to move forward.

Since viruses replicate so quickly, mutations can appear amazingly fast. And a mutation that protects a virus from a cure will seem to be even stronger as its more susceptible cousins fall by the wayside.

Controlling the spread of disease and shrinking the pools from which mutations can emerge is vital, and is why refusing the vaccine is really a "crime against humanity" in the purest sense of the phrase.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 21:39:37 »
While not entirely wrong, he's purposely poisoning the well.

This is not a vaccine in the sense that it's a cure or even offers immunity, this was said from the very start by experts, news media and people twisted it into "immunity". What it does do, even if it adapts which they absolutely expected it to do (hence not being a cure), is that it becomes less deadly in those who were vaccinated, which is exactly what we're seeing with Delta. Almost everyone who died from Delta was completely unvaccinated, the number of fully vaxxed who have died from it, if any, has been extremely small, to the point of margin of error. Fully vaxxed people have caught delta, but were rarely hospitalized or killed by it.

Viruses are extremely difficult to kill, hence flu and HIV sticking around like they have, it was never going to be this easy to kill Covid, they knew that and it was never the goal. Besides do you really expect a US company to come up with a cure? Why kill a long term money-maker with a cure when you can siphon money for decades with a treatment. I don't expect any U.S. big pharma to cure anything any time soon, any cures will have to come from foreign companies.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline ptrouton

• essayup.com
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 04:17:50 »
I recently read an article on the website of the World Health Organization. There it was written that it was quite expedient, and there was nothing wrong with that. Therefore, you can mix 1 and 2 doses of vaccine from different manufacturers. And also make an additional third dose of Pfizer vaccine to enhance immunity against the background of the Delta strain
I was found a great service which can help for you https://essayup.com/

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 05:11:53 »
Besides do you really expect a US company to come up with a cure? Why kill a long term money-maker with a cure when you can siphon money for decades with a treatment. I don't expect any U.S. big pharma to cure anything any time soon, any cures will have to come from foreign companies.
Because foreign companies don't also want a constant income stream?  Pretty sure nothing will be cured ever, unless cancer charities are rich enough to tempt the best scientists away from the commercial sector and their work is not not-approved by bent regulators.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 06:22:14 »
Besides do you really expect a US company to come up with a cure? Why kill a long term money-maker with a cure when you can siphon money for decades with a treatment. I don't expect any U.S. big pharma to cure anything any time soon, any cures will have to come from foreign companies.
Because foreign companies don't also want a constant income stream?  Pretty sure nothing will be cured ever, unless cancer charities are rich enough to tempt the best scientists away from the commercial sector and their work is not not-approved by bent regulators.
i feel like the US may have made the worst ones but yeah fixing things is no longer the best business practice anywhere. highly addictive medicines are much preferred... i really hate extreme capitalism.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 07:20:44 »
Not like Pfizer isn't known to make some of the most used "drugs" in the market, lol.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 08:00:57 »
Not like Pfizer isn't known to make some of the most used "drugs" in the market, lol.

Well, purdue pharma was the one that helmed the opioid epidemic with oxycotin.

Of course pfizer has zanax, zoloft.

They're all bad guys.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 15:12:58 »
Delta's getting' pretty serious.. / strokes chin. .

Offline yui

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 01:35:08 »
of course it is, with vaccines at my work 40% of peoples stopped wearing the mask because as they were vaccinated it was "useless", and then the finance decided that masks were too expensive anyway and so they stopped giving the 2 masks a day... i  would hazard a guess that this is not isolated and that it is pretty much everywhere.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 05:40:17 »
of course it is, with vaccines at my work 40% of peoples stopped wearing the mask because as they were vaccinated it was "useless", and then the finance decided that masks were too expensive anyway and so they stopped giving the 2 masks a day... i  would hazard a guess that this is not isolated and that it is pretty much everywhere.

One sick day by any employee = Thousands of masks...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 19:21:18 »
Missouri Right now:

The summer wasn’t meant to be like this. By April, Greene County, in southwestern Missouri, seemed to be past the worst of the pandemic. Intensive-care units that once overflowed had emptied. Vaccinations were rising. Health-care workers who had been fighting the coronavirus for months felt relieved—perhaps even hopeful.

Then, in late May, cases started ticking up again. By July, the surge was so pronounced that “it took the wind out of everyone,” Erik Frederick, the chief administrative officer of Mercy Hospital Springfield, told me. “How did we end up back here again?”

The hospital is now busier than at any previous point during the pandemic. In just five weeks, it took in as many COVID-19 patients as it did over five months last year.

Ten minutes away, another big hospital, Cox Medical Center South, has been inundated just as quickly. “We only get beds available when someone dies, which happens several times a day,” Terrence Coulter, the critical-care medical director at CoxHealth, told me.

This dramatic surge is the work of the super-contagious Delta variant, which now accounts for 95 percent of Greene County’s new cases, according to Towns. It is spreading easily because people have ditched their masks, crowded into indoor spaces, resumed travel, and resisted vaccinations. Just 40 percent of people in Greene County are fully vaccinated. In some nearby counties, less than 20 percent of people are.

Those ICUs are also filling with younger patients, in their 20s, 30s, and 40s, including many with no underlying health problems.  Every physician and nurse in Missouri whom I spoke with told me that the 30- and 40-something COVID-19 patients they’re now seeing are much sicker than those they saw last year. “That age group did get COVID before, but they didn’t usually end up in the ICU like they are now,” Jonathan Brown, a respiratory therapist at Mercy, told me.

Missouri is now a cautionary tale of what Delta can do to a largely unvaccinated community that has lowered its guard. None of Missouri’s 114 counties has vaccinated more than 50 percent of its population, and 75 haven’t yet managed more than 30 percent.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 22:47:13 »
Missouri is the Florida of the midwest.

If you've spent much, if any time in that state, this was entirely predictable as soon as Covid started to spread, that corner of the state in particular.
Frankly you can expect the entire Ozarks area to be hit really hard.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 07:05:25 »
Missouri is the Florida of the midwest.

If you've spent much, if any time in that state, this was entirely predictable as soon as Covid started to spread, that corner of the state in particular.
Frankly you can expect the entire Ozarks area to be hit really hard.

Ya'll member that firefly episode Heart of Gold, that's what this is deliberately terrible fiefdom.  They have every resource to run the towns proper, but do a poop job on purpose.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 08:41:30 »
The Russian military loves the Republican Party because they are so effective at running a strong country into the ground.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-covid-disinformation/u-s-says-russian-backed-outlets-spread-covid-19-vaccine-disinformation-idUSKBN2B0016

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 13:16:56 »
The Russian military loves the Republican Party

Ur saying put1n killed 1,000,000 americans ? undermining the vaccine would be a deliberate act which kills.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 13:50:53 »
My heart has been feeling 'off' the past month+. Like when you work out a muscle and it is sore the next day, my heart feels like that. Like the muscle has torn and is repairing. But otherwise everything else health-wise is good, or better. It is scary when it tightens up, maybe it is the muscle but then why only on the left side and why so sporadically for such a duration of time? It worries me a little. Been like this for maybe 6 weeks or so.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 14:42:59 »
Just ignore it. The heart is not a very important organ.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 14:45:35 »

I just don't know if it's serious or normal. I am eating well and exercising daily, it might be nothing, just my imagination.
Also no health insurance.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 16:11:06 »

I just don't know if it's serious or normal. I am eating well and exercising daily, it might be nothing, just my imagination.

NT,  that is not true!

Given your food/snacks post history, you have high/ultra setting turned on atherosclerosis.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 16:14:15 »

I had a similar issue for about 2 months now. After 2 trips to the ER they are quite certain it isn’t a cardiac issue.  But you really just have to go if you want to find out.  They will strap ekg pads to you, draw blood, and do a CT scan.  2 different hospitals, same procedure.  The hospital in California charged 13k before insurance.  The one here local charged 7.5k. 

But the longer you wait, the more you’re going to worry.  And no doctor is going to work with you more than a few minutes before they send you in. 

I’m confident mine is RSI from my mouse arm and poor posture.  I may try physical therapy.  But first I have a visit with the cardiologist to do a stress test. 

The reason I’m confident it’s not heart related is that it’s always there and doesn’t get worse from exercise.

But everyone is different, and you may very well have a heart issue.  I encourage you to see a medical professional and step to to getting it taken care of. 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 16:17:00 »

NT,  that is not true!

Given your food/snacks post history, you have high/ultra setting turned on atherosclerosis.

I pretty much just eat salad and rice for like 2 months. Probably eating healthier than you.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 16:18:50 »

I had a similar issue for about 2 months now. After 2 trips to the ER they are quite certain it isn’t a cardiac issue.  But you really just have to go if you want to find out.  They will strap ekg pads to you, draw blood, and do a CT scan.  2 different hospitals, same procedure.  The hospital in California charged 13k before insurance.  The one here local charged 7.5k. 

But the longer you wait, the more you’re going to worry.  And no doctor is going to work with you more than a few minutes before they send you in. 

I’m confident mine is RSI from my mouse arm and poor posture.  I may try physical therapy.  But first I have a visit with the cardiologist to do a stress test. 

The reason I’m confident it’s not heart related is that it’s always there and doesn’t get worse from exercise.

But everyone is different, and you may very well have a heart issue.  I encourage you to see a medical professional and step to to getting it taken care of. 

Same, it doesn't worsen when exercising and the blood is pumping. Usually worse in the evening after I've been working at the computer all day too.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 22:27:42 »
My heart has been feeling 'off' the past month+. Like when you work out a muscle and it is sore the next day, my heart feels like that. Like the muscle has torn and is repairing. But otherwise everything else health-wise is good, or better. It is scary when it tightens up, maybe it is the muscle but then why only on the left side and why so sporadically for such a duration of time? It worries me a little. Been like this for maybe 6 weeks or so.

It's starting to come out that some who had even mild Covid are seeing 6 months on average of heart palpitations, shortness of breath and more, most of it isn't serious and goes away on it's own but could be part of it if you had it. It took me 2 months to get mostly back to normal then I got my shots and kicked it all off again. All told I think it was close to 8 months total for me to feel normal again.

But you know, it's just like the flu...
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More