Author Topic: [IC] A Unique Switch - the Caramel Chocolate Switches  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Aregs Keyboard

[IC] A Unique Switch - the Caramel Chocolate Switches
« on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 09:13:40 »

Updated: They finally in-stock now
Link:https://nlandkeys.com/products/wait-to-sell-camarel-chocolate-switches?VariantsId=10611

The other day the manager of LICHI sent me the location of their factory and asked me to come and have a look at the factory over a cup of tea.

I took a look: "Hey! Oh my goodness, it's right across the street from my house, isn't it? Why did I only find out now?"

Then I went to the LICHI factory

Many of you may be unfamiliar with LICHI as a foundry, but I have been to JWK, Gateron, KTT and many more and LICHI has the smoothest moulds I have ever seen, they have a very strong technical capability, they used to be the foundry for Varmilo and made very smooth and popular switches

As soon as I arrived at the factory, I could feel the seriousness of LICHI 's attitude, enthusiastically explaining and showing me the whole production process.

I have to say, from the ground floor to the third floor, I was impressed by the high standard of the machines and materials, the research and development, the production and the very strict QC process, and most importantly, by the craftsmanship of LICHT 's switches products.

Full article
Hello, I'm Aregs

It's been a long time, but I'm finally here to introduce the latest switches from Aregs Keyboard and NLandkeys!

I'm also very happy that I've collaborated with LICHI, a very strong technical company, to produce this switches.

When I first met with Mr Li, he asked me, "Aregs, what kind of switches do you want to make?"

After a moment of silence, I told him, "I want to make a product that has its own characteristics."

In fact, I had thought about the subject of switches for a long, long time. I had made a few switche sthat changed colours and followed the crowd, but I always felt that those products were not carefully carved out by me, and was such a product really what I wanted?

Obviously not.

So here we are today - the Caramel Chocolate switches!
298549-0298551-1298553-2

A special concept
After all this time, our concept is to make the Caramel Chocolate Switches "The ultimate in smoothness and unlubed!".

We thought, most switches nowadays need to be lubricated in order to be sold, partly to make them smoother and partly to reduce noise, so if I could make a switches that only put a very small amount of lube on the bottom of the spring and could achieve the same level of smoothness as the JWK with the ultimate smothness and no noise , why wouldn't we try to make it?

The Caramel Chocolate switches was born from this idea

All the plastic parts of the switches are unlubricated, including the contact point.

There is only a very small amount of lubrication at the base of the caramel chocolate spring to ensure that there are no spring noise.

The choice of material for the switches is a custom blend, named H7, which is smoother and sounds better than the original POM material.
The top is made of POK, which also provides a smoother and more focused sound
The bottom is made of the Nylon material, which goes without saying.

Finally, we were pleased to see that the Caramel Chocolate switches maintained a very high level of smoothness and excellent noise control under these conditions, with no contact point lubrication and almost no contact point noise against the ear.

Details
Here are the details of the Caramel Chocolate configuration:

TYPE: Linear switches
MOUNT: 5-pin bottom case (PCB MOUNT)
MATERIAL:
switches (Stem): H7
TOP: POK
Bottom: Nylon
3.8mmą0.3mm travel /1.2mmą0.3mm
Spring: 53g (bottom out)16mm spring
Manufacture: LICHI

Price: 0.35 USD/pcs
Expected GB date: 5/10  In stock

Quantity of first GB : 10k PCS

As this is the first such special switches, we are not sure we can produce a lot at once.
If demand exceeds supply, we will consider opening futures

If you are interested in this product, Please join our discord: https://discord.gg/3zeEu5mxBn
IC Form: https://forms.gle/6pkTCoSqzB6P2uLKA
Your suggestions are the driving force behind our progress
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 August 2023, 02:08:29 by Aregs Keyboard »

Offline Ipal Desse

Re: [IC] A Unique Switch - the Caramel Chocolate Switches
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 09:35:18 »
Very interesting, actually. But I wonder if you're with them in such a close contact, can you get just a few of them produced as prototypes for sound tests and probably for possible improvements if there is maybe something wrongly produced, since they are new to manufacturing switches. Thanks!

Offline Beaniekeys

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 00:05:27 »
Very interesting. Interested to see how they sound! Colour looks great though!

Offline Aregs Keyboard

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 27 April 2023, 04:29:38 »
Very interesting, actually. But I wonder if you're with them in such a close contact, can you get just a few of them produced as prototypes for sound tests and probably for possible improvements if there is maybe something wrongly produced, since they are new to manufacturing switches. Thanks!
Thank you! We will post the Sound Test on about 5/15

Offline Aregs Keyboard

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 15 August 2023, 02:08:55 »
Updated: They finally in-stock now
Link:https://nlandkeys.com/products/wait-to-sell-camarel-chocolate-switches?VariantsId=10611