Author Topic: Dolch DP386-SX, starting $49.99 + shipping  (Read 2869 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Dolch DP386-SX, starting $49.99 + shipping
« on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 20:32:14 »
Vintage Dolch DP386-SX Portable Computer PC with Keyboard & Floppy Drive

Currently $49.99 + shipping, ends this Tuesday

Of course it's bound to go much higher... But let's stop for a moment, shall we, and appreciate this beautiful keeb:

Were the legends on those dark keys actually pink, originally? Or have they aged to that?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
Re: Dolch DP386-SX, starting $49.99 + shipping
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 13:28:14 »
that shipping though @__@

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 20:16:40 »
The legends aren't pink, they are orange. Doubleshot ABS keycaps. That unit looks better than the one I used.

This is from before Dolch started using Cherry G80-1813's in their PAC units. They used MX Blues. I did not find this keyboard satisfying at all...worse than any of the G80-1813's I've used. Could be a bad unit, but I'd chalk it up to these switches being plate mounted.

Here's a typing video if anyone wants to get an idea of what this keyboard is like.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 19:57:10 »
The legends aren't pink, they are orange. Doubleshot ABS keycaps. That unit looks better than the one I used.

This is from before Dolch started using Cherry G80-1813's in their PAC units. They used MX Blues. I did not find this keyboard satisfying at all...worse than any of the G80-1813's I've used. Could be a bad unit, but I'd chalk it up to these switches being plate mounted...

Maybe I'm not following you. Are you referring to the shapes of the keys? Assuming they weren't abused or overused, vintage Blues would be good no matter what board they were in, wouldn't they? (I'm typing on some now.)

I wasn't thinking of the switches, anyway. I had the impression that most peeps bought these for the keys.

It's now up to $60.99, with 2 days to go.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg