Author Topic: [IC] TMO50 keyboard  (Read 159365 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: [IC] TMO50 keyboard
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 14:52:42 »
Purple Haze, Subtle Sage, Dark Gary, Silver and what other color would be included?

I suggest to include pantone images to the OP to inform interested parties on the final colors chosen, with no need to dig deep in the thread.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #251 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 15:05:05 »
No hurt feelings whatsoever :) I share your feelings regarding pink as well, and just picked a purple color I liked which I felt wasn't already in the market. At the end of the day it wouldn't make a difference for me one way or another which purple is picked as that won't be the color I'll be choosing, I just wanted to contribute to the poll. Sorry if my post was misinterpreted, and the recounting ballets thing was, or at least I hoped, taken with a grain of salt. The majority has spoken, and I'm glad most people will be happy with the pantones chosen, and to those that aren't then I can only say that is how polls go.

Any updates on whether we will have the option to purchase plates of a different color than our chosen case color or alternatively whether an option will be available to purchase additional plates of a different color?

I take everything with a grain of salt and nothing seriously here so I'm cool with you mate!

If we're talking about options and their colours... Case and plates are gonna be an individual choice BUT my previously mentioned idea about doing one palette for case and one for plates are still a question I have to answer myself. There's probably some people that want case and plate to match but others that would like to see case and plate in similar but contrasting colours. Also doing 5 + 5 colours is a strain on the factory and that'll take longer for them to manufacture (I presume seeing what they said about testers batch). And 5 + 5 is harder to get MOQ as I'd like to have even-ish colour distribution in this GB.

Talking additional parts and their colours... Yeah, there'll also be a chance to order more than one of everything but I'd like to limit it to something like two parts per item per person. There'll be various material options so I don't want to limit people choosing just one of those. Still figuring out best practice though.

P.S. I'd have to update my OP with a more up-to-date info, right?
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #252 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 15:06:36 »
Purple Haze, Subtle Sage, Dark Gary, Silver and what other color would be included?

I suggest to include pantone images to the OP to inform interested parties on the final colors chosen, with no need to dig deep in the thread.

Raindrop Blue.

Also yes, I think I really need to update OP with just the important info as this thread is starting to get crowded with info snippets and mini updates.

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #253 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 15:25:00 »
No hurt feelings whatsoever :) I share your feelings regarding pink as well, and just picked a purple color I liked which I felt wasn't already in the market. At the end of the day it wouldn't make a difference for me one way or another which purple is picked as that won't be the color I'll be choosing, I just wanted to contribute to the poll. Sorry if my post was misinterpreted, and the recounting ballets thing was, or at least I hoped, taken with a grain of salt. The majority has spoken, and I'm glad most people will be happy with the pantones chosen, and to those that aren't then I can only say that is how polls go.

Any updates on whether we will have the option to purchase plates of a different color than our chosen case color or alternatively whether an option will be available to purchase additional plates of a different color?

I take everything with a grain of salt and nothing seriously here so I'm cool with you mate!

If we're talking about options and their colours... Case and plates are gonna be an individual choice BUT my previously mentioned idea about doing one palette for case and one for plates are still a question I have to answer myself. There's probably some people that want case and plate to match but others that would like to see case and plate in similar but contrasting colours. Also doing 5 + 5 colours is a strain on the factory and that'll take longer for them to manufacture (I presume seeing what they said about testers batch). And 5 + 5 is harder to get MOQ as I'd like to have even-ish colour distribution in this GB.

Talking additional parts and their colours... Yeah, there'll also be a chance to order more than one of everything but I'd like to limit it to something like two parts per item per person. There'll be various material options so I don't want to limit people choosing just one of those. Still figuring out best practice though.

P.S. I'd have to update my OP with a more up-to-date info, right?
I'm liking the additional parts method as it shouldn't affect MOQ concerns and allows for buyers to have a matching as well as a contrasting plate if they'd like. I'll leave the logistics and decision making up to you, I'm happy regardless of what you decide as long as these cases get produced!

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #254 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 15:59:37 »

why you guys want purple haze? That's basically the same color as the purple kbdfans 5 degree case.

I picked vibrant purple for that reason. Tell me you picked vibrant purple too ;)
Time to count those ballets again! ;)

Maybe people like the color but not the kbdfans case? I don’t see why they would have to stick to the kbdfans board just because that one is the same purple as the one that was chosen.
I have said case in said color. My comment is more on the fact that I don't feel it looks all that great IRL. It come off as almost a pseudo pink. I feel if something is gonna be purple it needs to be PURPLE. 🤷
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #255 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 04:49:24 »

why you guys want purple haze? That's basically the same color as the purple kbdfans 5 degree case.

I picked vibrant purple for that reason. Tell me you picked vibrant purple too ;)
Time to count those ballets again! ;)

Maybe people like the color but not the kbdfans case? I don’t see why they would have to stick to the kbdfans board just because that one is the same purple as the one that was chosen.
I have said case in said color. My comment is more on the fact that I don't feel it looks all that great IRL. It come off as almost a pseudo pink. I feel if something is gonna be purple it needs to be PURPLE. 🤷

Pseudo pink eh? How pseudo we talking?

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #256 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 05:14:25 »
I think a purple like on gmk muted, a sort of dulled pastel purple would be nice.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #257 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 05:21:00 »
I think a purple like on gmk muted, a sort of dulled pastel purple would be nice.
I’d rather get a purple to match currents sets like Violet Tendencies, Hyperfuse, Phantom, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #258 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 22:26:21 »
Whoops the time flew by and I forgot to check this thread and missed the poll :(

I like the tone of the green a lot but I wish it were just a bit darker -- dunno how the anodization will make it look in the end though.

Also I think the green case would look excellent with a brass plate.... hint hint :D

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #259 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 23:58:21 »
Whoops the time flew by and I forgot to check this thread and missed the poll :(

I like the tone of the green a lot but I wish it were just a bit darker -- dunno how the anodization will make it look in the end though.

Also I think the green case would look excellent with a brass plate.... hint hint :D
agreed  :D

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 18:07:52 »

+1 on the brass plate, I think I'd be real into the silver case + brass plate if it was going ;)

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 18:35:16 »
Brass plates always sell really well when offered. Definitely an option that should be included.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 05:13:22 »
Brass plates always sell really well when offered. Definitely an option that should be included.

+1 on the brass plate, I think I'd be real into the silver case + brass plate if it was going ;)

Brass plates are gonna be.

Sorry guys, it's exam time and have to juggle that and 100h freelance job. I'll get down to updating OP with the relevant and correct info this weekend, hopefully.

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 05:26:24 »

Sorry guys, it's exam time and have to juggle that and 100h freelance job. I'll get down to updating OP with the relevant and correct info this weekend, hopefully.

All of those things seem much more important than designing a keyboard for some internet randos, it's chill  :cool:

Offline kmfmppl

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 13:54:55 »

Good luck with the exams :) looking forward to the GB!

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #265 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 15:37:14 »
While OP is busy with exams (good luck dude!), I'm wondering if anyone here has tried a none standard staggered board (ie. Something similar to the "small" stagger of the middle row for the TMO50)? I believe a 2u left shift gives a similar stagger for the third row? I dunno.

Anyways, the actual question, for those of you that have tried it, did you find the slight difference in stagger to affect your typing accuracy? Was it easy to get used to? Can you go back and forth between normal and small stagger without a problem?

Offline Hawkfriend

• K E Y B O R T S
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 15:38:54 »
Apologies if this has been posted earlier, but do we know when gb is likely to take place

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 15:47:35 »
Apologies if this has been posted earlier, but do we know when gb is likely to take place

What we're working with so far is "GB could start beginning of July unfortunately instead of mid June."

But it's keyboards so there's no hard date/promises yet.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Hawkfriend

• K E Y B O R T S
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 15:48:48 »
Ah ok, thanks for the update. Keyboard looks fire, excited for this!

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #269 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 17:50:33 »
Hope it's not too extra given that the GB isn't even going yet but I ordered some cherry lock switches for some of those left hand keys  :rolleyes:

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 18:01:29 »
While OP is busy with exams (good luck dude!), I'm wondering if anyone here has tried a none standard staggered board (ie. Something similar to the "small" stagger of the middle row for the TMO50)? I believe a 2u left shift gives a similar stagger for the third row? I dunno.

Anyways, the actual question, for those of you that have tried it, did you find the slight difference in stagger to affect your typing accuracy? Was it easy to get used to? Can you go back and forth between normal and small stagger without a problem?

My partner and I use the HHKB JP Edition which also has a smaller stagger as well. For me, I am more comfortable with the normal stagger but he likes the smaller stagger because he has less inaccuracies when typing letters between the home row and row below it. I believe he feels he is more accurate in typing because of that small stagger because he’s more heavy handed with his right hand when it comes to typing and the distance is more helpful to him. I haven’t found any issue with switching between the staggers and neither hasn’t my partner. It takes the same amount of time to adjust between the smaller stagger board and another board as it would with boards that have the same stagger. I think when it comes down to it, it’s how you type and how comfortable you feel with the position of the keys. I plan to keep my board at a normal stagger but my partner will be doing the small stagger for himself.

Edit: typos because mobile yay
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 June 2018, 18:03:18 by Kellybear »

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 18:15:18 »

My partner and I use the HHKB JP Edition which also has a smaller stagger as well. For me, I am more comfortable with the normal stagger but he likes the smaller stagger because he has less inaccuracies when typing letters between the home row and row below it. I believe he feels he is more accurate in typing because of that small stagger because he’s more heavy handed with his right hand when it comes to typing and the distance is more helpful to him. I haven’t found any issue with switching between the staggers and neither hasn’t my partner. It takes the same amount of time to adjust between the smaller stagger board and another board as it would with boards that have the same stagger. I think when it comes down to it, it’s how you type and how comfortable you feel with the position of the keys. I plan to keep my board at a normal stagger but my partner will be doing the small stagger for himself.

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! I'm thinking the small stagger may improve my innacuraccies when typing zxcv on the bottom row, and for whatever reason, I completely forgot that the middle row for the plate is universal so I can try both to see what I like :)

Glad to hear that the adjustment between different staggered boards isn't all that bad. You should see me after I go from typing Ortho to stagger, spelling mistakes increase exponentially.

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 18:42:44 »

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! I'm thinking the small stagger may improve my innacuraccies when typing zxcv on the bottom row, and for whatever reason, I completely forgot that the middle row for the plate is universal so I can try both to see what I like :)

Glad to hear that the adjustment between different staggered boards isn't all that bad. You should see me after I go from typing Ortho to stagger, spelling mistakes increase exponentially.

I hope the stagger works out for you! I'll let you know how it goes on my partner's board as well when he uses it. He always makes mistakes when he goes between the home row and the bottom row. The biggest issue for him is hitting N and M with his pointer finger. He said he has a better time typing it when he's using the HHKB JP.

Noooo, switching between ortholinear and stagger sounds awful. I always considered getting an ortholinear board but I don't think I want to relearn how to type with it lol ><.

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #273 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 19:54:38 »

I hope the stagger works out for you! I'll let you know how it goes on my partner's board as well when he uses it. He always makes mistakes when he goes between the home row and the bottom row. The biggest issue for him is hitting N and M with his pointer finger. He said he has a better time typing it when he's using the HHKB JP.

Noooo, switching between ortholinear and stagger sounds awful. I always considered getting an ortholinear board but I don't think I want to relearn how to type with it lol ><.

Not to derail this thread from the board at hand too far but I have been able personally to easily switch back and forth between ortho and staggered with relative ease. Takes about 10-15 minutes before i'm full speed again. Though it might be important to note I type "correctly" with all the right fingersh itting the right keys so it's not that big of a difference.

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 20:04:55 »

Not to derail this thread from the board at hand too far but I have been able personally to easily switch back and forth between ortho and staggered with relative ease. Takes about 10-15 minutes before i'm full speed again. Though it might be important to note I type "correctly" with all the right fingersh itting the right keys so it's not that big of a difference.

Different staggering overlaps are features of the TMO50; thus, discussing their possible effects on the user are valid and in topic. Besides, the discussion keeps the thread bumping that may attract more interested fellows. Which is good for everyone.  :thumb:

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 20:13:00 »
I get that I only was referring to discussing switching back and forth between Ortho and staggered.

On topic, I have tried typing on off staggered boards before and I did not like it at all personally. Especially since with a board like this I'm going to be using it on the go/semi regularly so I want to have the stagger the exact same as a typical board. I would prefer off profile keycaps over an unusual stagger. But that's just me of course.

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #276 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:12:26 »
I get that I only was referring to discussing switching back and forth between Ortho and staggered.

On topic, I have tried typing on off staggered boards before and I did not like it at all personally. Especially since with a board like this I'm going to be using it on the go/semi regularly so I want to have the stagger the exact same as a typical board. I would prefer off profile keycaps over an unusual stagger. But that's just me of course.

I definitely prefer off profile keycaps as well. It's comforting to know that you can switch between ortho and staggered so easily. Maybe that will convince me to try an ortho board in the future! I'm definitely happy about the ability to choose between doing the small stagger or regular stagger.

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:09:31 »

I definitely prefer off profile keycaps as well. It's comforting to know that you can switch between ortho and staggered so easily. Maybe that will convince me to try an ortho board in the future! I'm definitely happy about the ability to choose between doing the small stagger or regular stagger.

Agreed the more choices the more people like me with strong personal opinions can be happy :)

Offline JJ

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:22:49 »
Def interested in this custom looks najs

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:35:23 »
Does anyone have picture of the color options that were in the poll? I missed it :( But overall something that I'd be very interested in. Any possibility of an acrylic bottom? I'm a sucker for underglow.
Kyuu Proto | Quasi Alice | Duck Viper | Tx87-Se

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:41:20 »
Does anyone have picture of the color options that were in the poll? I missed it :( But overall something that I'd be very interested in. Any possibility of an acrylic bottom? I'm a sucker for underglow.

There will be a polycarbonate which allows for underglow!

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 01:47:43 »

Oh I must've missed that. This is a game changer for me, thank you! Love your blanks btw ;)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #282 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 02:29:09 »

Oh I must've missed that. This is a game changer for me, thank you! Love your blanks btw ;)

Astrasa, nice to see you're interested. I'm about to update OP in the next couple of hours with all the newest and correct info about what colours, materials and part options will be available. There's no colour option pictures yet but I've ordered the factory to make anodized samples so I can share those with you all. :)
And yes - polycarbonate will be an option for the bottoms.

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #283 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 02:39:30 »

Astrasa, nice to see you're interested. I'm about to update OP in the next couple of hours with all the newest and correct info about what colours, materials and part options will be available. There's no colour option pictures yet but I've ordered the factory to make anodized samples so I can share those with you all. :)
And yes - polycarbonate will be an option for the bottoms.
Awesome to hear, hopefully my next board!

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #284 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 07:35:25 »
UPDATED OP WITH CORRECT AND CURRENT INFO ABOUT THE GB.

Active thread members - please let me know if you see something that's been talked about and CONFIRMED by me but I've missed it. Think OP is complete though.

Offline lumpofunworth

• I’m a guy, that does stuff, with things, for fun.
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:18:04 »
UPDATED OP WITH CORRECT AND CURRENT INFO ABOUT THE GB.

Active thread members - please let me know if you see something that's been talked about and CONFIRMED by me but I've missed it. Think OP is complete though.

Looks great man, I love the new logo! Really interesting project that I will be following!
I like keyboards like I like people... I like keyboards a bit more come to think of it... nvm

Offline TennisShoeNinja

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:44:21 »
also loving the new logo! I look forward to this one!

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:53:45 »
hyped for this.. I *think* I have my layout set.. at first I was thinking split but with the highest row being alpha it's not so bad to use the backspace up there.  If I use space instead of split, then I'll use right shift or right alt to be FN instead.. not sure about doing shift with FN on the right.  Hoping this will be compatible without having to add any 40% kits.

Going to get brass plate and Green - but not sure if I want green bottom or polycarbonate. 

logo, name, design, and idea is awesome.. thanks for doing this!

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #288 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 12:44:52 »
Still hyped! I think I'm going to go green and brass with a polycarbonate bottom, but eagerly awaiting anodization samples.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #289 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 13:00:28 »
Excited about this but after some thought really worried about the plate design and the amount of flex row 2 will have. Especially compared to the other rows.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 14:29:07 »
With only 4 rows, I'm not sure it'll be that bad.
Especially when you remember there's a PCB holding everything together under there.

we will see soon, though!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #291 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 15:23:33 »
What plate material would be more comfortable to type on, at this size? I have one keyboard with Al plate which feel to stiff for my taste and one with acrylic plate that feels pretty nice. What do you recommend?

Offline SpectreiiI

• Scribe
« Reply #292 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 15:32:48 »
Quick question, was looking at the exploded view of the case and was wondering if the case actually explodes? Really cool board. The understated tones on those renders are absolutely delicious. I would love to have that keycap set to accompany it.

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #293 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 15:44:03 »
Quick question, was looking at the exploded view of the case and was wondering if the case actually explodes?

Yeah, keep it away from open flame!  :eek:

Since you can mix and match top / bottom / plate, I assume the pieces are easily separable (if that's what you actually meant?)

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #294 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 15:50:34 »

What plate material would be more comfortable to type on, at this size? I have one keyboard with Al plate which feel to stiff for my taste and one with acrylic plate that feels pretty nice. What do you recommend?

I don't have anything constructive per se to make deciding which plate to choose any easier for you. I do however want to chime in and give my 2 cents. While I am relatively new to the MK community (<1 year), I think this is the first time I've seen a plate with a whole row being universal and hence just being one giant cut out. Tbh, I am a little hesitant as to how this will feel, but I an definitely curious and optimistic towards it. In regards to plate material, I've heard people say brass is soft, some say hard, and others say the exact same thing about alu and SS. At the end of the day everyone's definition of hard/soft/mushy is going to be slightly different, and other factors such as switches and how hard handed they are when typing also likely influence how the plate feels to them. I really wouldn't mind the option of being able to purchase all 3 of the plates just to experiment and see which one I like better assuming that it doesn't become extremely cost prohibitive for me for this kit. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to see the pricing of everything and being able to hopefully try all 3 plates!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #295 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 15:55:24 »

I don't have anything constructive per se to make deciding which plate to choose any easier for you. I do however want to chime in and give my 2 cents. While I am relatively new to the MK community (<1 year), I think this is the first time I've seen a plate with a whole row being universal and hence just being one giant cut out. Tbh, I am a little hesitant as to how this will feel, but I an definitely curious and optimistic towards it. In regards to plate material, I've heard people say brass is soft, some say hard, and others say the exact same thing about alu and SS. At the end of the day everyone's definition of hard/soft/mushy is going to be slightly different, and other factors such as switches and how hard handed they are when typing also likely influence how the plate feels to them. I really wouldn't mind the option of being able to purchase all 3 of the plates just to experiment and see which one I like better assuming that it doesn't become extremely cost prohibitive for me for this kit. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to see the pricing of everything and being able to hopefully try all 3 plates!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I'd say that your comment is constructive enough. Anyways, your avi is not hard to look at.

Offline SpectreiiI

• Scribe
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 16:02:54 »
Quick question, was looking at the exploded view of the case and was wondering if the case actually explodes?

Yeah, keep it away from open flame!  :eek:

Since you can mix and match top / bottom / plate, I assume the pieces are easily separable (if that's what you actually meant?)
Nah, I meant blow the f*ck up lol. Just felt like like injecting some comic relief lol

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 16:24:09 »
I’d rather have it be 2 different plates depending on the layout you choose. I’d even consider getting a plate made myself just to have it fixed.

Another question; this won’t support BT right? Would be a nice iPad keeb ^^

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 17:01:39 »
The more plate options adds more complexity to the buy though makes packing/organizing it all more difficult.

I think the full cut plate will *fingers crossed* feel good simply because all three axis of motion will be controlled for.

The mounting holes on the pcb mount switches limit rotation of the switch in the slot and movement in the x axis left/right in the slot.
The top/bottom of the cutouts will ensure the switch still "clips" in controlling up/down movement like a normal plate.

The only potential negative effect on the feel would be an overall "springy" ness due to lack of structural support along the row. That will have to be seen once the prototypes arrive.

Offline meepmeep

• meep meep meep, meep meep meep. Meep!
« Reply #299 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 17:04:48 »
Ooh I like this design!

But yeah no bluetooth, I guess I'm a wire snob now.