Author Topic: [IC] TMO50 keyboard  (Read 159356 times)

Offline GeneriksGiraffe

• Living the Rubber Life
Re: [IC] TMO50 keyboard | IT'S HAPPENING
« Reply #650 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 21:40:12 »
Please notice that I've mentioned "Round 1". There's going be "Round 2" also but I can't say when. Kelly's helping me with this just until I'm ready to organize a group buy on my own. I'll point out again that I don't know when that could be. :(

I know that there are no plans at all yet for Round 2, but do you think you or your partners would be interested in expanding and making Round 2 non-limited? I'm gonna be extremely bummed if I miss the raffle (or can't find a way to afford this asap). :(
SOMEONE PLEASE SELL/TRADE ME AN HHKB PRO 1

Offline Lormania

Re: [IC] TMO50 keyboard
« Reply #651 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 00:53:07 »
I am so happy it is going to happen! Good luck to everyone in the raffle!

Offline RivieraS

• Yutop
« Reply #652 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 02:19:11 »
Sir,how to join in GB now???

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #653 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 16:11:20 »

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #654 on: Sat, 13 October 2018, 05:25:19 »
hello friends

I'll be doing a build stream for the TMO tonight at around 19:00 or 20:00 CET at https://www.twitch.tv/meltedcheesekeebs

will announce closer to the time on my insta https://www.instagram.com/meltedcheesekeebs/

sorry it's short notice, I just got my **** together to be able to confidently say I can build it tonight.

I'm hoping that anyone intested can ask questions or see the board, really actually building it is the secondary purpose of streaming.

See ya

Offline Jayveur

« Reply #655 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 18:38:04 »
love the look of this

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #656 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 19:26:04 »
Is there a second round in the works?

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #657 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 05:20:12 »

No, it's been put on hold. I understand people are really interested in a R2 as am I but it's not possible for me to run it yet and I don't think Kellybear is eager to do a R2 too. The soonest I could (but I'm not saying I would) is this summer but that also depends on whether I get my **** together IRL or not. I'm on extremely busy schedule with work, uni and other personal matters. I'd like to run R2 myself but that also comes with some challenges as I'm an EU citizen and seeing that a large percentage of people that entered R1 raffle was from US, that means extra customs and shipping costs for example. There's always a proxy possible but that's still an extra step to do if 70% is going to a proxy and I'm covering only 30% (percentage is only an example, these numbersa aren't from R1 entrants), who's running the GB? :D Also my manufacturer (as a lot of others) increased manufacturing costs so that means either negotiating those costs or just ramping up on quantity and lowering options (3 colors instead of 6).

From a purely personal reason - I'd like to get my own TMO50's before doing R2 as I have a couple ideas on improving some aspects of the boards (redo indicator LEDs, bigger tolerance on the USB port) and adding other features (USB-C over USB-Mini, etc.).

P.S. I did some work on an acrylic "sandwich" design case that I wanted to open-source with everyone but all of the extra pcbs were bought out so quick that there's none left.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #658 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 08:56:47 »

No, it's been put on hold. I understand people are really interested in a R2 as am I but it's not possible for me to run it yet and I don't think Kellybear is eager to do a R2 too. The soonest I could (but I'm not saying I would) is this summer but that also depends on whether I get my **** together IRL or not. I'm on extremely busy schedule with work, uni and other personal matters. I'd like to run R2 myself but that also comes with some challenges as I'm an EU citizen and seeing that a large percentage of people that entered R1 raffle was from US, that means extra customs and shipping costs for example. There's always a proxy possible but that's still an extra step to do if 70% is going to a proxy and I'm covering only 30% (percentage is only an example, these numbersa aren't from R1 entrants), who's running the GB? :D Also my manufacturer (as a lot of others) increased manufacturing costs so that means either negotiating those costs or just ramping up on quantity and lowering options (3 colors instead of 6).

From a purely personal reason - I'd like to get my own TMO50's before doing R2 as I have a couple ideas on improving some aspects of the boards (redo indicator LEDs, bigger tolerance on the USB port) and adding other features (USB-C over USB-Mini, etc.).

P.S. I did some work on an acrylic "sandwich" design case that I wanted to open-source with everyone but all of the extra pcbs were bought out so quick that there's none left.

I understand. You may consider an agreement with a vendor.

Offline omgkittiesyay

« Reply #659 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 12:15:22 »
P.S. I did some work on an acrylic "sandwich" design case that I wanted to open-source with everyone.
Go on....   :D

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #660 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 14:44:41 »

Thanks for taking the time to write all of this out. Of course there are a lot of us who didn't make the R1 raffle or discovered the board afterwards who are interested, but we totally understand that life things take priority. I'll just be waiting here patiently!

How come you haven't gotten your own TMO50s?

Offline boosmyller

« Reply #661 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 16:13:37 »
This is probably my favorite layout of any keyboard I've seen.  I must have it!
want some rye? 'course ya do!

Offline Lormania

« Reply #662 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 22:51:52 »
Rama's new Foundry could help out with round 2... :)

Much appreciated for all your hard work!

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #663 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 00:49:08 »

Unfortunately for now you'll have to hunt one down or make your own using the plate files. Sorry mate.  :-[

Hmm, interesting...

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline arang

« Reply #664 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 22:46:24 »
i need this  :)

Offline CaninoDev

« Reply #665 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 22:13:35 »

Unfortunately for now you'll have to hunt one down or make your own using the plate files. Sorry mate.  :-[

Hmm, interesting...

Does this mean that the PCB/plate files are open sourced?

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #666 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 03:32:53 »
Plate files are open sourced and available in my Github repo. PCB files are not available right now.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #667 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 14:02:20 »
Plate files are open sourced and available in my Github repo. PCB files are not available right now.

Might wanna check the dxf exports boss they're not working for me on https://viewer.autodesk.com/

Code: [Select]
AutoCAD-InvalidFile Sorry, the drawing file is invalid and cannot be viewed. - Please try to recover the file in AutoCAD, and upload it again to view.

TranslationWorker-InternalFailure Unrecoverable exit code from extractor: -1073741831

Offline Gbanek

« Reply #668 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 10:40:16 »
Love the layout. Can't wait to see more updates!

Offline vegs

« Reply #669 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 12:02:41 »
Love the layout. Can't wait to see more updates!
I'm afraid you are a bit late: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97470.0
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #670 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 13:33:36 »

Might wanna check the dxf exports boss they're not working for me on https://viewer.autodesk.com/

Code: [Select]
AutoCAD-InvalidFile Sorry, the drawing file is invalid and cannot be viewed. - Please try to recover the file in AutoCAD, and upload it again to view.

TranslationWorker-InternalFailure Unrecoverable exit code from extractor: -1073741831

Thanks, will export them again and view in Autodesk.

Offline jaang

« Reply #671 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 00:52:35 »

I'll patiently wait for a R2 :p

Thanks for all the hard work though!

Offline AfroMax

« Reply #672 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 13:54:12 »
is there a chance for a second run ?

Offline pheonix991

« Reply #673 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 15:48:04 »
Yeah, I'm gonna need to get my hands on one of these...

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #674 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 16:58:12 »
oops. wrong thread sorry
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 July 2019, 17:07:27 by roostrc0gburn »

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #675 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 19:01:50 »
oops. wrong thread sorry

?? What happened??