Author Topic: [IC] AK7.62 solenoid+buzzer/Double the noise (20/08/2023 -Video uploaded)  (Read 5586 times)

Offline ProudCat

• 骄傲的猫
Hello, everyone! I am yuzzy.

I have a passion for keyboards with exaggerated appearances. Two years ago, I created an acrylic keyboard with extravagant switches. These switches can be used to control the opening and closing of electromagnetic valves. Additionally, I designed a separate window that allows for a clear view of the movement of the electromagnetic valves. I find it very intriguing. No matter which type of switches you use, when you activate this switch, the sound of your switches will be overshadowed. Furthermore, you can even activate a buzzer simultaneously by using combination keys, making it even louder. Haha, it's quite amusing!

*This is the acrylic version from two years ago.

In the recent update, I redesigned the keyboard and created two versions using aluminum alloy. One version supports the 64 layout, while the other version supports the 67 layout. The new designs retain the original appearance.

*The left side is a 60% layout, and the right side is a 65% layout (with ISO and split backspace support).

General Details

Technical Specifications:

- Case Material: Sandblasted 6061 Aluminum Alloy
- Weight Material (if optional): PVD Stainless Steel
- Layout Versions: 60%, 65%
- Typing Angle: 6.5 degrees
- Plate Options: Aluminum Alloy, Polypropylene (PP), Polyoxymethylene (POM), Polycarbonate (PC), Carbon Fiber (Forged Texture), FR4
- Case Colors: Red, Black, Burgundy, Coffee, Light Gold, Dark Gray, Forest Green, Silver, Purple, Light Blue
- Protective Cover Colors: Carbon Fiber (Texture), Gray, Blue, Yellow, Red, Transparent Yellow, Clear, Green, Transparent Green, Purple, White, Black, Transparent Red, Transparent Blue

More

exploded view

65% Features:
- Split Backspace
- ISO Layout
PCB Details
- Type: Hotswap
- Structure: 1.6mm FR4
- Processor: CH582M
- Switch Type: MX
For the electromagnetic valve, we have made several optimizations. The smallest electromagnetic valve available on the market is a 5V, 300mA valve (any smaller, and it won't produce sound, making it less enjoyable). In the past, electromagnetic valves may have experienced lagging issues, especially without RGB lighting. With RGB lighting and the need to charge the battery, the situation becomes even more complicated. Other players using electromagnetic valves would sacrifice convenience by adding a separate USB port solely for charging the valve to ensure sufficient current and prevent lagging.

**Testing Equipment:**
1. USB 2.0 interface with a current of 500mA
2. AK762 electromagnetic valve buzzer board
3. Customized AK762 electromagnetic valve

**Results achieved:**
1. Using the USB 2.0 interface, the battery charging consumes the full 500mA current. The voltage drops from 5V to 4.6V.
2. When the RGB lighting is activated, the current increases to 800mA, and the voltage drops further to 4.38V.
3. Finally, when the electromagnetic valve is activated, it operates normally with the expected sound.

*The shell adopts a quick-detach structure that can be opened without the need for any tools.

Real shot.

More

*This is a test version made of acrylic, and I will soon be releasing a video showcasing the updated aluminum alloy version.

List of Accessories:
• Aluminum alloy top case, bottom case, and backplate
• Transparent window protective cover for the electromagnetic valve
• Interchangeable electromagnetic valve and onboard buzzer
• Protective switch (default color is red, other colors available)
• PC material plate (alternative materials available)
• 1.6mm thick PCB circuit board (non-QMK solution, supports wired, Bluetooth, 2.4G)
• Foam gasket, switch dampeners, washers
• 3000mAh battery and 2.4G receiver
• Quick-release clips *4, screws (several)
• Screwdriver and other installation tools
• Poron foam gasket, switch dampeners.
• Silicone keyboard feet[/color]

[/b]

Schedule
TBD

Price & Quantity
TBD - The price will be kept within $180 and there won't be a minimum order quantity

If you are from other international distribution platforms, we also welcome you to contact us.

Thank You

« Last Edit: Sat, 19 August 2023, 23:42:16 by ProudCat »

Offline ProudCat

• 骄傲的猫
Re: [IC] AK7.62 Has an exaggerated appearance and a unique sound
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 August 2023, 05:12:28 »
It seems like I made a duplicate post, but I couldn't find where to delete it

Offline monstermandude

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 August 2023, 05:57:15 »
Very neat idea! GLWIC

Offline lampmk

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 August 2023, 13:16:09 »
Not the biggest fan of the layout as 1u right shift is both impractical and unattractive, would possibly consider adopting the traditional 65% layout w/ the bottom blocker. The design is cool though. Definitely don't bring this one to school lol

GLWIC

[/url]

Offline Xury46

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 August 2023, 13:23:25 »
I'm intrigued, as something who doesn't really use the right shift key, I think this layout is pretty awesome. I'll keep an eye on this project!

Offline ProudCat

• 骄傲的猫
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 19 August 2023, 00:34:29 »
Not the biggest fan of the layout as 1u right shift is both impractical and unattractive, would possibly consider adopting the traditional 65% layout w/ the bottom blocker. The design is cool though. Definitely don't bring this one to school lol

GLWIC

There are two versions of it, but I forgot to upload the layout diagram for the 65% layout. You can now see that it has been updated.

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 19 August 2023, 03:48:05 »
Love the design, but there is one major issue, North facing LED means a no-go for me.

Also, you should try to add WKL and HHKB for the 60%.

Offline ProudCat

• 骄傲的猫
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 19 August 2023, 05:10:21 »
Love the design, but there is one major issue, North facing LED means a no-go for me.

Also, you should try to add WKL and HHKB for the 60%.

We will modify RGB to South

Offline tomish

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 19 August 2023, 12:03:08 »
Hi !

Did you have any informations about the stabs ? Are they screw-in ?

I understand the fact that you think the PCB will not be QMK Compatible, but is there any chance to have an evolution about this in the futur ?

Awesome project BTW, Really "Golmon" aswe say in french !

Offline ProudCat

• 骄傲的猫
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 19 August 2023, 23:36:54 »
Hi !

Did you have any informations about the stabs ? Are they screw-in ?

I understand the fact that you think the PCB will not be QMK Compatible, but is there any chance to have an evolution about this in the futur ?

Awesome project BTW, Really "Golmon" aswe say in french !

They do not require screw-in mounting. As you can see from the illustrations in the text, we are currently exploring the possibility of using the QMK solution. While there is a chance of success, I cannot guarantee it at this moment.

Offline ProudCat

• 骄傲的猫
Update:

We have uploaded a real-life video to provide a more immersive experience of the sound

« Last Edit: Sat, 19 August 2023, 23:46:48 by ProudCat »

Offline sntXrrr

No QMK/VIA/VIAL support makes this not so attractive otherwise an intriguing design. Could you post pics of the back and side?

Offline ProudCat

• 骄傲的猫
No QMK/VIA/VIAL support makes this not so attractive otherwise an intriguing design. Could you post pics of the back and side?

We are working on finding a way to upgrade it to the QMK firmware, and it will take some time

Offline DirtyGingy

Re: [IC] AK7.62 solenoid+buzzer/Double the noise (20/08/2023 -Video uploaded)
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 15:12:49 »
How did I only just hear about this board? Apparently the group buy already ran from what someone was telling me. Please tell me there will be more