Author Topic: [IC] Parallax Geometric Custom Keyboard Stand  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Parallax Keyboards

[IC] Parallax Geometric Custom Keyboard Stand
« on: Sat, 10 February 2024, 16:39:37 »
306134-0

Hello all and welcome!

Its my pleasure to be able to introduce to you all the Parallax Geometric Custom Keyboard Stand.

I have had the idea for some time to design a premium looking stand and have finally 'put pen to paper.' It seems a lot of you all have some beautiful keyboard collections BUT are you missing the final piece of the puzzle?!
I have designed this premium keyboard stand to be customisable...you may be asking, 'what do you mean by this?' Well, you will be able to customise the engraving on the front of the plate to suit your make and model of keyboard you wish to display. Pair this with your own choice of colour for the stand too.

I'm in talks at present with my good friend Vkeycaps to arrange a prototype to be made....the wheels are in motion and hopefully within the coming weeks I will be able to share with you all the first prototype of the PX Geometric.

To retain the shape of the intricate triangular side patterns I believe it is best to have these cast out of resin/epoxy. This element also adds to the customisability of the finish you would like the stand to have. The stand will include some custom silicone pads/cushions to help prevent any damage to your keyboards when displayed on the stand.

As long as the the prototyping stage goes to plan, I will then release details on the sale along with a price.

I have a few details left to clear up:

- Arranging the custom silicone cushions to be cut
- Locating and ordering the remaining hardware required for assembly
- Sorting packaging

KEY DETAILS

- Customisable Front name plate (with brand of model of keyboard)
- Manufactured out of resin/epoxy by Vkeycaps
- 60 degree display angle
- Supports keyboards up to a 23mm front height
- Comprehensive protection for keyboard with the use of custom silicone pads
- Attractive, modern and sturdy design
- Hidden fixings for front plate to give a clean finish
- Will be available in a large range of colours and finishes

RENDERS

306138-2

306140-3

306142-4

306144-5

306146-6

NEW RENDERS
Updated 23/2/24

306291-7

306293-8

The engravings on the front plate in the renders above are for demonstration purposes only

EARLY PROTOTYPE

Quick picture below of an early 3D printed prototype model used to check the fitment of all parts. Please note that this model is only 3D printed and therefore has not been tidied up in anyway. The retail stand will have smooth sides (no 3D printed layer lines on the outer faces of each of the legs) as per the renders above.

306295-9

LINKS

For further updates and pictures with regards to this project, please feel free to join the discord server or Instagram page by clicking the links below:

discord.gg/TjHxpSpSNp

https://www.instagram.com/parallaxkeyboards/
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 February 2024, 15:49:51 by Parallax Keyboards »

Offline alper_maestro

Re: [IC] Parallax Geometric Custom Keyboard Stand
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 February 2024, 16:15:03 »
Looks futuristic

Offline pelfox

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 19 February 2024, 12:48:45 »
not feeling the branding, any chance you'd place that on the back or somewhere else?
en boca cerrada no entran moscas

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 03:35:06 »
not feeling the branding, any chance you'd place that on the back or somewhere else?

The front name plate is fully customisable and the pictures above are for display purposes only. Customers will be able to choose what they would like to have engraved on the front name plate (keyboard brand and model), so there will not be any parallax branding on display…The only Parallax branding is on the bottom of the stand and will not be visible when in use.
To give you a better idea, I have included another image in the renders above with the Baron Boards BP One engraved on the front plate instead of the Parallax Imperium logo.

I am in the process of having the first round of prototypes made. When these are completed I will share the images with you all. Hopefully these will give you a better idea 😊
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 February 2024, 03:38:26 by Parallax Keyboards »

Offline pelfox

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 18:18:09 »

The front name plate is fully customisable and the pictures above are for display purposes only. Customers will be able to choose what they would like to have engraved on the front name plate (keyboard brand and model), so there will not be any parallax branding on display…The only Parallax branding is on the bottom of the stand and will not be visible when in use.
To give you a better idea, I have included another image in the renders above with the Baron Boards BP One engraved on the front plate instead of the Parallax Imperium logo.

I am in the process of having the first round of prototypes made. When these are completed I will share the images with you all. Hopefully these will give you a better idea 😊

okay I understand what you're proposing now, when I read the key details I thought that Parallax Imperium was teh name of the stand, not the name of the keyboard it was holding, but yeah upon closer inspection I see the BP One version as well. will be watching this thread
en boca cerrada no entran moscas

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 20:36:44 »

okay I understand what you're proposing now, when I read the key details I thought that Parallax Imperium was teh name of the stand, not the name of the keyboard it was holding, but yeah upon closer inspection I see the BP One version as well. will be watching this thread

No problem at all...Sorry if my post was slightly misleading but I am pleased we were able to clear up the details.

Thank you for your interest and I look forward to being able to share more information with you soon :)

Offline KeepOnClimbing

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 23 February 2024, 06:29:49 »
Any price estimates?

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 23 February 2024, 13:25:51 »
It's ludicrously over engineered. I'm in.

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 23 February 2024, 15:34:43 »
Any price estimates?

I am trying my best to aim for around $75 (this may change but I am trying my best to keep the price as low as I possibly can).
However, it is also worth noting that following discussions with members on my discord channel, I will also be giving buyers the option to order more than one custom name plate, so you will be able to use the same stand body and just change the front name plate to suit the keyboard you wish to display. These will be at an additional cost, but much less than having to purchase a complete stand should you not wish to.
These will all be hand made and hand finished to a very high standard.

It's ludicrously over engineered. I'm in.

:thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 February 2024, 15:55:04 by Parallax Keyboards »

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 23 February 2024, 15:52:11 »
23/2/24:

*Update*

- A couple of new renders have been added, one of which shows the stand displaying the Baron Boards BP One

- Picture of an early prototype produced to check fitment of the parts has been added

:cool: