Author Topic: [IC] Kendo  (Read 153330 times)

Offline WHeisenberg

Re: [IC] Kendo
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 11:50:33 »
No thanks. You're a little too creepy/vindictive seeming.

I agree that the user in question is definitely too involved and that the intent is fairly clearly vindictive but I think the information being provided is also fairly relevant. I think it should be stated, for clarity's sake and transparency if nothing else, that the design in question that is being pitched has been ran prior in a small quantity and is by Tesletron/Greenwald.

Personally I am one of the people that believe Tesletron needs help to get out of the slum that he (willingly and consciously or not) got himself into with his buy(s) and the OP may be helping to try and remedy that while also clearly profiting from it, neither of them should necessarily be shamed for this particular instance. That said, it's still a massively touchy subject, and rightfully so, for a lot of others.

In my opinion it needs to be stated who the designer is, how many units were made as "one offs" prior, what Tesletron's involvement is (if any) past the design stage and any other relevant information. Then again, considering that didn't happen with other ICs/GBs that were obviously successful regardless, I might be in the minority that cares and thus am not holding my breath.

Exactly! When this amount of money is at stake I want full transparency.

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 11:55:32 »
Curseproject is not me, and I never distributed the files. I was taken advantage of by a scammer, CE, who at the time misled me into thinking he was a friendly person who liked rendering and designing. If people want to do this sort of stuff with my designs and betray my goodwill, then so be it, but I want it clear that this person is not me and I never said I would distribute the files.

Good day

Offline TheOrangeOne

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 12:00:41 »
You've been KILLING it lately my dude. Was looking to get into ergo's but now I finally have an excuse  :thumb:
TGR 910 [Pink]; TGR Alice [Pink]

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 12:03:33 »
All this drama just makes me want to buy this more, TBH

Offline t0ch

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 12:08:31 »
I'm in love

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Capsy

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 12:14:53 »
Curseproject is not me, and I never distributed the files. I was taken advantage of by a scammer, CE, who at the time misled me into thinking he was a friendly person who liked rendering and designing. If people want to do this sort of stuff with my designs and betray my goodwill, then so be it, but I want it clear that this person is not me and I never said I would distribute the files.

Good day
Thank you !! Let's move on now from curseprojekt because he's obviously a trashy person.

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 12:36:26 »

I agree that the user in question is definitely too involved and that the intent is fairly clearly vindictive but I think the information being provided is also fairly relevant. I think it should be stated, for clarity's sake and transparency if nothing else, that the design in question that is being pitched has been ran prior in a small quantity and is by Tesletron/Greenwald.

Personally I am one of the people that believe Tesletron needs help to get out of the slum that he (willingly and consciously or not) got himself into with his buy(s) and the OP may be helping to try and remedy that while also clearly profiting from it, neither of them should necessarily be shamed for this particular instance. That said, it's still a massively touchy subject, and rightfully so, for a lot of others.

In my opinion it needs to be stated who the designer is, how many units were made as "one offs" prior, what Tesletron's involvement is (if any) past the design stage and any other relevant information. Then again, considering that didn't happen with other ICs/GBs that were obviously successful regardless, I might be in the minority that cares and thus am not holding my breath.

I designed Kendo, and could not afford to keep it going so 159 took over the project and the 4 people waiting on me to fulfill. I'm glad to see that the board made it to reality. That is all.

Offline PheonixStarr

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 12:51:50 »
Lol just make it for less with the open sourced files.

Is it really less, though?

People don't want to deal with the hassle of sinking thousands of hours and dollars into development, engineering, prototyping, and ultimately, coordination and distribution of dozens of keyboards. It's not "for less," you just pay with time instead of money. The point of a groupbuy is that somebody else--possibly several orders of magnitude smarter and more experienced--does all the hard work for us and we reap the tactile benefits. What's so wrong with them making a few bucks along the way?

The level of sheer stupidity here is insane. Nobody wants the ****ing files. Nobody cares. We want a split staggered keyboard with a thicc ass plate.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 13:00:23 »
Lol just make it for less with the open sourced files.

Is it really less, though?

People don't want to deal with the hassle of sinking thousands of hours and dollars into development, engineering, prototyping, and ultimately, coordination and distribution of dozens of keyboards. It's not "for less," you just pay with time instead of money. The point of a groupbuy is that somebody else--possibly several orders of magnitude smarter and more experienced--does all the hard work for us and we reap the tactile benefits. What's so wrong with them making a few bucks along the way?

The level of sheer stupidity here is insane. Nobody wants the ****ing files. Nobody cares. We want a split staggered keyboard with a thicc ass plate.
yeah no kidding. That dude really needs to go outside and work on his mental health

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 13:00:47 »
I designed Kendo, and could not afford to keep it going so 159 took over the project and the 4 people waiting on me to fulfill. I'm glad to see that the board made it to reality. That is all.

I appreciate the response Tesletron, but I'd personally have liked to have heard this and further details from the GB runner - the person people will be handing their money over to and who they'll need to rely on and trust for the next x amount of months who is seemingly reputable. This is no longer your responsibility as per what you've stated, but it definitely is his/theirs.

I just find it unsettling that such information would be omitted in the first place when clearly OP (and pretty much everyone else) knows the situation and your involvement is extremely delicate. It makes me uneasy when it comes to a product that would otherwise have been a no-brainer of a purchase, and that's pretty sad. Sad for me that is, because clearly people had no issue buying out the (admittedly fairly limited) spots for both the Kepler and the Sirius.

Offline GreenwaldDesigns

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 13:06:47 »

I appreciate the response Tesletron, but I'd personally have liked to have heard this and further details from the GB runner - the person people will be handing their money over to and who they'll need to rely on and trust for the next x amount of months who is seemingly reputable. This is no longer your responsibility as per what you've stated, but it definitely is his/theirs.

I just find it unsettling that such information would be omitted in the first place when clearly OP (and pretty much everyone else) knows the situation and your involvement is extremely delicate. It makes me uneasy when it comes to a product that would otherwise have been a no-brainer of a purchase, and that's pretty sad. Sad for me that is, because clearly people had no issue buying out the (admittedly fairly limited) spots for both the Kepler and the Sirius.

You are right. I'm not pretending to be responsible for this GB or anything, I just wanted to say my part. Beyond that, I have my own stuff to deal with and generally don't want drama as it impedes my ability to do what I need to do to move on with my life.

Offline SushiZenBMT

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 13:07:54 »
Kendo looks fantastic! You once again proved, that you are an awesome designer

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 13:15:45 »

You are right. I'm not pretending to be responsible for this GB or anything, I just wanted to say my part. Beyond that, I have my own stuff to deal with and generally don't want drama as it impedes my ability to do what I need to do to move on with my life.

Thanks for chiming in Tes.

Vigrith, Tes and I have come to the agreement months back they he gives ups the design rights or any monetary gains in exchange that I fulfill the one-offs/founder's edition participants and get their orders fulfilled. The prototypes that you see in the op is the actual prototypes that belong to these people funded solely by Project Keyboard. I will not release the names or any further information as I respect their identity and do not want them to be involved in any of this unnecessary drama. If you are genuinely interested in this board, I welcome you guys to this IC/GB and hope that we stay on track with what we are all here for: Keyboards.

Offline crd

• Discord: crd#7617
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 13:22:14 »
Keyboards good. Drama bad. I’m looking forward to following along on the progress of this exciting project.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 13:41:08 »

Vigrith, Tes and I have come to the agreement months back they he gives ups the design rights or any monetary gains in exchange that I fulfill the one-offs/founder's edition participants and get their orders fulfilled. The prototypes that you see in the op is the actual prototypes that belong to these people funded solely by Project Keyboard. I will not release the names or any further information as I respect their identity and do not want them to be involved in any of this unnecessary drama. If you are genuinely interested in this board, I welcome you guys to this IC/GB and hope that we stay on track with what we are all here for: Keyboards.

Keyboards good. Drama bad. I’m looking forward to following along on the progress of this exciting project.

What drama? You had one guy randomly come out of left field with a bunch of actually relevant information that was seemingly not going to be shared otherwise, the fact he appears to be a raving lunatic does not invalidate the fact that it's unsettling to not mention something of this magnitude of relevance prior to being asked to (nicely or otherwise).

There's no drama here, and I definitely don't think the names of the backers should be revealed, that was never my intent. My sole point is that I think when it comes to such a touchy subject for so many people (who are owed items, who paid for GBs they haven't received, who paid for one offs they haven't received, etc), transparency without having to be nudged about it is key.

I have no issue with people working with Tesletron, he's an amazing designer no doubt about it, and if nothing else I think helping him out is the humane thing to do. That said, it doesn't invalidate the fact his name (and by association, anyone working with him) comes with warranted and earned baggage that cannot be ignored. People need to be made aware of that whether you guys like it or not, I think that's the bare minimum of a courtesy toward your prospect clients so that they can then make an informed decision regarding not only whether or not they are interested in the board but also if it's something they feel comfortable supporting all things considered. Same way people can keep buying counterfeit tealios if they want to support the factory in question, it's just about making an informed decision (be it "wrong" or "right").

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 13:54:39 »

What drama? You had one guy randomly come out of left field with a bunch of actually relevant information that was seemingly not going to be shared otherwise, the fact he appears to be a raving lunatic does not invalidate the fact that it's unsettling to not mention something of this magnitude of relevance prior to being asked to (nicely or otherwise).

There's no drama here, and I definitely don't think the names of the backers should be revealed, that was never my intent. My sole point is that I think when it comes to such a touchy subject for so many people (who are owed items, who paid for GBs they haven't received, who paid for one offs they haven't received, etc), transparency without having to be nudged about it is key.

I have no issue with people working with Tesletron, he's an amazing designer no doubt about it, and if nothing else I think helping him out is the humane thing to do. That said, it doesn't invalidate the fact his name (and by association, anyone working with him) comes with warranted and earned baggage that cannot be ignored. People need to be made aware of that whether you guys like it or not, I think that's the bare minimum of a courtesy toward your prospect clients so that they can then make an informed decision regarding not only whether or not they are interested in the board but also if it's something they feel comfortable supporting all things considered. Same way people can keep buying counterfeit tealios if they want to support the factory in question, it's just about making an informed decision (be it "wrong" or "right").

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you're concerned with who is involved with the prototyping, production, and fulfillment. If that's the case, it's just me.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 August 2019, 13:57:44 by onefivenine »

Offline mrkantz

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 14:05:27 »
Let's save some of this tension for the ISO part of the thread.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 14:07:52 »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you're concerned with who is involved with the prototyping, production, and fulfillment. If that's the case, it's just me.

I'm not concerned about that at all, I'm really not sure how that can even be what one takes away from what I've been saying.

I'l be concise in case the message is getting lost, I'm concerned with the fact that the person who designed this board has very questionable, withstanding reputation within the community and his involvement was willingly withheld when pitching an IC/GB. To tie into what you just said, prior to his stepping in and your clarification, it was also not stated whether he had further involvement in the project or not.

I don't think whether or not that information is relevant is up for discussion, regardless of people's "I want it and that's all that matters" mentality. I'm not here to tell you how to run your business, I'm arguing because I think people should strive to be provided more concrete information than what they do much of the time (not just here) to prevent **** hitting the fan as it has plenty of times in the past.

Offline juliandoucette

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 14:10:11 »
I'm interested in this keyboard.

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 14:12:03 »

I'm not concerned about that at all, I'm really not sure how that can even be what one takes away from what I've been saying.

I'l be concise in case the message is getting lost, I'm concerned with the fact that the person who designed this board has very questionable, withstanding reputation within the community and his involvement was willingly withheld when pitching an IC/GB. To tie into what you just said, prior to his stepping in and your clarification, it was also not stated whether he had further involvement in the project or not.

I don't think whether or not that information is relevant is up for discussion, regardless of people's "I want it and that's all that matters" mentality. I'm not here to tell you how to run your business, I'm arguing because I think people should strive to be provided more concrete information than what they do much of the time (not just here) to prevent **** hitting the fan as it has plenty of times in the past.

If you would like to further this conversation, I am more than willing to help clarify any of your questions and concerns via DM or Discord: onefiftynine#0001. Thanks!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 14:26:07 »
If you would like to further this conversation, I am more than willing to help clarify any of your questions and concerns via DM or Discord: onefiftynine#0001. Thanks!

I literally just stated that my problem is with transparency to the prospect buyers, I think being offered an avenue to personally contact you in private defeats the purpose and shows little interest in addressing the concern.

If you think people have no right in knowing someone who owes community members several thousand dollars' worth of merchandise, that's been acting weird and who's generally regarded as being super sketchy (not by me, and he knows that) is even remotely involved in a very expensive board you're trying to pitch then that's entirely your prerogative, as is addressing it if/when it is brought up by someone else; be it me or the other guy that was going mental with the files earlier. I clearly disagree, which is why I brought it up publicly, I think brushing it off as "drama" is just damage control.

That said, I have no interest in furthering the conversation here nor via discord.

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 14:52:22 »

I literally just stated that my problem is with transparency to the prospect buyers, I think being offered an avenue to personally contact you in private defeats the purpose and shows little interest in addressing the concern.

If you think people have no right in knowing someone who owes community members several thousand dollars' worth of merchandise, that's been acting weird and who's generally regarded as being super sketchy (not by me, and he knows that) is even remotely involved in a very expensive board you're trying to pitch then that's entirely your prerogative, as is addressing it if/when it is brought up by someone else; be it me or the other guy that was going mental with the files earlier. I clearly disagree, which is why I brought it up publicly, I think brushing it off as "drama" is just damage control.

That said, I have no interest in furthering the conversation here nor via discord.

He has literally said that Tes only designed it and that is the end of his involvement. Project keyboard is the only one involved with the IC/GB. What else do you want him to say?

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 14:59:15 »

What's there to hide? This topic has been covered many times. In the off chance that you missed it, I was offering to quickly alleviate any concerns/questions you had instead of bumping a thread to the top every few minutes with personal opinions/feelings about some other group buy. My offer still stands to have a constructive discussion because I do believe your intentions are good. I just don't see it being productive here.
Discord server: https://discord.gg/wSqcdvC

Offline break

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 15:40:39 »
Uhhhhhh anyway before someone else tries to reclaim the last word

let me express hype

This looks great and I am totally ready for it. Might be my endgame ergo and HHKB rolled into one.

I've got a few questions others might have:
- I know you can't really pin $ down early in an IC, but do you anticipate differences in pricing for case colors, or only plate?
- The IC just went up but you already have a proto in hand. You haven't shared a GB date yet, but are you preparing to launch this before EOY? Q1? Q2?

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 15:55:20 »

let me express hype

This looks great and I am totally ready for it. Might be my endgame ergo and HHKB rolled into one.

- I know you can't really pin $ down early in an IC, but do you anticipate differences in pricing for case colors, or only plate?
- The IC just went up but you already have a proto in hand. You haven't shared a GB date yet, but are you preparing to launch this before EOY? Q1? Q2?

In the next couple of months. I generally don’t like opening an IC without a prototype in hand. I’ll have those KLE and an expanded view hopefully tonight. Colors will not change the price at all. The plate material will since 4mm pvd brass is quite expensive.

Offline break

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 16:29:15 »

let me express hype

In the next couple of months. I generally don’t like opening an IC without a prototype in hand. I’ll have those KLE and an expanded view hopefully tonight. Colors will not change the price at all. The plate material will since 4mm pvd brass is quite expensive.

Difference in brass plate pricing absolutely makes sense.

Love that you open ICs with a proto in hand - much faster turnaround between posting and GB. I appreciate that!!

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 16:31:30 »
This looks amazing, I hope I can afford one when the time comes around.

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 20:44:54 »

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 20:46:00 »
Show Image

In for Rose Gold. Imagine that with GMK Cafe?

Offline break

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 20:58:19 »
Show Image

This answers the spacebar question: slightly shifted to the left. Compare the alignment of right Fn to R4 and same for left Fn.

Offline t0ch

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 21:28:32 »
Will it be possible to get different colored halves?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 21:34:31 »
Will it be possible to get different colored halves?

Will we be able to order two different colors in one kit?

No, that would be a logistics nightmare

You can always just buy 2 kits and swap them around

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 21:47:33 »
How does 4mm pom compare to 1.5 pom?

Offline SUB01

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 23:11:33 »
How does 4mm pom compare to 1.5 pom?

The 4mm pom is approximately 2.5mm thicker than the 1.5mm pom. :D
Jokes aside it should be less flexy, but dampen some of the higher pitch sounds and resonate more of the deeper pitch sounds.

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 01:03:23 »
All this drama just makes me want to buy this more, TBH

100% feel the same way.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 01:57:26 »
Let's save some of this tension for the ISO part of the thread.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
No ISO tension this time around, it's fixed to HHKB layout  :p

Offline JvMil

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 06:46:26 »
Looks awesome, I just joined the Polaris GB.. But I guess I need one board for work and one for home (:
The polaris is perfect for linears with the flex it has, this seems perfect for a tactile board. Going to follow this board with interest!

Offline ullr

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 09:33:35 »
I wish there was some solution for the bottom row to have the left- and rightmost keys further left and right as they are on the HHKB. Either 2.75-2.75, an inside bezel on the bottom row, or something. It is regrettable that the / key is directly above a quarter unit of open space when it is always surrounded on two sides by modifier keys on all other orthodox keyboards, I think it will somewhat diminish the 'feng shui' with two-tone sets.

Other than that small nitpick the design is impeccable and I will strongly considering buying it if it's within my means.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 14:59:42 »
Can the two halves be pushed together on this board?

Offline jakl

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 15:50:56 »
Good looking board.

Will this be a limited GB? Also, do you have any rough estimates on when it will run, like in a month or in half a year?

Like someone else already said, I would like to see this with bluetooth, but I understand if you aren't willing to go down that road.

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 16:15:15 »

Yes, but I would not suggest it as you may scratch your board.

Good looking board.

Will this be a limited GB? Also, do you have any rough estimates on when it will run, like in a month or in half a year?

Like someone else already said, I would like to see this with bluetooth, but I understand if you aren't willing to go down that road.

I will not be limiting this board, although I may put a hard cap (I doubt it will be reached).

I am planning on running the GB soon (before EOY).

Licensing bluetooth is fairly expensive, it would be easier/cheaper if you just used your own bluetooth adapter/dongle.

Offline SushiZenBMT

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 06:12:07 »

Good looking board.

I will not be limiting this board, although I may put a hard cap (I doubt it will be reached).

Licensing bluetooth is fairly expensive, it would be easier/cheaper if you just used your own bluetooth adapter/dongle.

What "bluetooth licensing" are you talking about? Btw, how much you payed for USB license ?

Offline zekth

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 06:38:32 »

Regarding licensing, USB is also fairly high : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_Implementers_Forum
You've paid the 5,000$ for your pcbs?  :eek:

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 10:57:10 »

Good looking board.

What "bluetooth licensing" are you talking about? Btw, how much you payed for USB license ?

Regarding licensing, USB is also fairly high : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_Implementers_Forum
You've paid the 5,000$ for your pcbs?  :eek:

Did you read the whole article or did you just copy paste what you wanted to?

Offline zekth

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 11:25:09 »
1 - Not aware of the manufacturers you use for your pcbs
2 - Isn't that the same kind of rules for Bluetooth?

Offline Starston3

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 11:43:24 »
1 - Not aware of the manufacturers you use for your pcbs
2 - Isn't that the same kind of rules for Bluetooth?

This is seem v apropos "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

Offline walie

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 12:18:45 »
Lots of Alt accounts popping up lately

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 12:22:50 »
This thread seems to be getting a lot of attention from a known scammer and alt account creator.  Doing our best to keep on top of things, but please don't be afraid to report posts as you see them coming in.  :thumb: 

Offline lorenzocodes

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 07:55:38 »
This looks absolutely beautiful! Looking forward to the GB

Offline damagepoint

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 22:04:00 »
oof plum added to the anode options.  Thats going to be dope.