Author Topic: [IC] GMK Arch | Pricing! | Major IC Changes | Collab Prototypes  (Read 169447 times)

Offline Ram

Re: [IC] GMK Arch | Collaborations and 2nd Deskmat Announced!
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 23:19:04 »
Would love the mountains desk mat without the details in the lower right  :thumb:

That one is SLEEK!
a LOT of people have asked for it, so I might make it 2 options, one with the terminal and one without.

Offline r00dy

• like it, buy it. don't like it, don't buy it
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 13:58:49 »
Would love the mountains desk mat without the details in the lower right  :thumb:

That one is SLEEK!

Would like to echo the sentiment but the variant with the details in the lower right looks great regardless. Imo there could be appeal outside the "arch theme" if the details were removed which could sell to a broader audience but either way the mat and the set are both really well done.

Offline kipawazi

« Reply #202 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 08:07:53 »
No ortho kit? :(

Offline Ram

« Reply #203 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 13:20:56 »
No ortho kit? :(
Assembly kit is happening, so there will be one
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 January 2021, 16:14:55 by Ram »

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 21:15:20 »
hee hee leenoox good windows bad

i use arch btw

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 21:40:03 »
I am injecting my excitement for this kit. There have been a lot of ICs out there - and after looking at stuff for months this one really stands out. WTG mai dood. <3

also BUMP!

Offline Ram

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 22:17:13 »
I have all the information needed for logo use on the GMK side - this won't be a problem to manufacture. Giving this set a huge thumbs up on my end  :thumb:

To fit the theme you should make a keyboard that requires the firmware to be programmed before each use   :p
Ofc Ofc, also forgot to ask, I'm pretty sure the cuts in the arch logo would need to be removed(I swapped the arch logo from a simplified one to the real one a few days after sending the original kits for quotes) do you know yourself if they need to be or not? I'll dm you the svg if you need it.

Yeah, send me over the .svg and I can take a look at it for you :thumb:

Completely Missed this, Sending it
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 February 2021, 00:25:42 by Ram »

Offline Ram

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 00:26:26 »
I am injecting my excitement for this kit. There have been a lot of ICs out there - and after looking at stuff for months this one really stands out. WTG mai dood. <3

also BUMP!
Thanks haha, glad to hear that the set's really standing out this much compared to other ones.

hee hee leenoox good windows bad

i use arch btw

Show Image

best rice I've seen in my life

Offline TheBossWasHere

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 02:49:33 »
Set looks fantastic, can't wait! Hope to see this run soon!

Offline Ram

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 19:45:31 »
Set looks fantastic, can't wait! Hope to see this run soon!

Show Image

Thanks!
(Also gonna put Small update #2500) No quotes from GMK as of yet, and until I get those I can't move forward with or finalize a lot of the kitting edits I want to do(also can't justify them if I don't know that they would be needed or not). So any major updates to the IC will be halted till then.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 04:16:58 »
Is adding the couple of additional UK ISO caps to the base set out of the question?  The accents and the AUR kit are really nice.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Ram

« Reply #211 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 12:24:29 »
Is adding the couple of additional UK ISO caps to the base set out of the question?  The accents and the AUR kit are really nice.
Considering that I'm adding a NorDeUK kit it wouldn't really make sense to include those in base

Offline Ram

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 23:07:32 »
Mechfashion sleeve samples just came in! The teal will need to be brighter, along with changes to the terminal legends for legibility, and size will probably be changed from 65 to TKL for sake of making it more universal but other than that I personally think they came out great!

Offline azzipa

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 18:41:28 »
amazing vision and amazing work! i would grab a 65 sleeve but not a TKL in case that makes a difference to anyone.

Mechfashion sleeve samples just came in! The teal will need to be brighter, along with changes to the terminal legends for legibility, and size will probably be changed from 65 to TKL for sake of making it more universal but other than that I personally think they came out great!

Offline Ram

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 22:37:11 »
amazing vision and amazing work! i would grab a 65 sleeve but not a TKL in case that makes a difference to anyone.

Makes sense, I'll definitely need to find a middle ground that pleases everyone.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 23:02:17 »

Makes sense, I'll definitely need to find a middle ground that pleases everyone.
Are they going to be manufactured to order? If so, just offer both?
Also, love the set! Can't wait to see the assembly kit. Go SoCA!

Offline categimperat

Re: [IC] GMK Arch | MechFashion Samples are In!!!
« Reply #216 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 15:09:47 »
nice, i get to larp as someone who knows how to code well lol

Offline mase310

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 23:21:33 »
If you include an ENTER and ESC key in RAL210-70-35 keycap color with black legend symbols in the GUI kit, you will sell sooooo much with just two extra keycaps! Or maybe even just the ENTER key. I would literally buy double the number of complete sets. Please do it!
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 February 2021, 23:23:39 by mase310 »

Offline Ram

« Reply #218 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 15:48:30 »
If you include an ENTER and ESC key in RAL210-70-35 keycap color with black legend symbols in the GUI kit, you will sell sooooo much with just two extra keycaps! Or maybe even just the ENTER key. I would literally buy double the number of complete sets. Please do it!

I'll see if there's more interest for that and make a decision based off of that.

Offline Nathan_

« Reply #219 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 07:09:49 »
When can we expect to see collab protos?

Offline Ram

« Reply #220 on: Sun, 14 February 2021, 21:30:55 »
When can we expect to see collab protos?
I don't have an estimate on any of the resin Artisans as of yet, but I expect the Asero Artisan proto to be done by Early April at the latest(I could end up being wrong though so don't take my word for it.

Offline cam

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 01:25:49 »
Nice set and great distro!

Offline Current Keyboards

• currentkeyboards.com
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 10:56:24 »

That one is SLEEK!
a LOT of people have asked for it, so I might make it 2 options, one with the terminal and one without.

Yeah, if that mountain is by itself, this is a full matching set autobuy for me. The case looks great with the terminal though.

Beautiful work.

Offline Ram

« Reply #223 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 11:46:05 »

That one is SLEEK!

Yeah, if that mountain is by itself, this is a full matching set autobuy for me. The case looks great with the terminal though.

Beautiful work.
Yeah after thinking it over it's definitely what I'm going to do.

Offline Rx003

« Reply #224 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 03:44:51 »
Looks nice, but I would instantly cop it. Good luck and I wish you all the best for this set!  :thumb:

Offline Engedi_

« Reply #225 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 11:10:34 »
Looking forward to this one! But shouldn't the accent colors be closer to blue rather than white? It still looks great though

Offline Ram

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 15:21:08 »
Looking forward to this one! But shouldn't the accent colors be closer to blue rather than white? It still looks great though
I tried teal accents in the set but honestly the look of the set wasn't as great imo, so I decided to stick with white accents.

Offline Ram

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 19:35:33 »
Mini Update Time:
Deskfetch Bandings gone and protos for both the deskfetch adn trimat are incoming!
I have about a whopping 11 collabs to announce that will be announced soon!
Kitting Updates + any changes I need to do the IC will happen next week if all things go well

Offline sub0001

Re: [IC] GMK Arch | South American Vendor Announced!!!
« Reply #228 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 09:34:14 »
Really looking forward to this one. GB can't come soon enough!

Offline patcoll

• !40s
« Reply #229 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 08:51:57 »
Excited about this one. The colors are great. Can’t wait!

Offline Trivent

• Trivent Keyboards
« Reply #230 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 15:03:54 »
I like it, but it does remind me of GMK Norse

Offline Ram

Re: [IC] GMK Arch | Kitting Update! GCC and Localization now added!
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 17:29:27 »
bump for update

Offline DeMechanica

« Reply #232 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 18:06:42 »
Man, why did you have to add that GCC kit, that is such nice kitting, I am so impressed, it’ll be hard to pass up!

Offline Ram

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 18:23:31 »
Man, why did you have to add that GCC kit, that is such nice kitting, I am so impressed, it’ll be hard to pass up!

Thanks haha, really hoping that it goes well and hits moq

Offline johntron25

« Reply #234 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 19:15:37 »
I love this set. I have GMK terminal, penumbra, solarized dark. I am in the GB for ePBT Be the one, and KAM super user. I am a big fan of sets that are inspired by IDE themes.

Is it possible to add 1u shift and 2u shift on the base set? I need it for my 60% with arrow cluster.

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #235 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 19:17:42 »
gmk debian when

Offline Ram

« Reply #236 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 19:25:00 »
I love this set. I have GMK terminal, penumbra, solarized dark. I am in the GB for ePBT Be the one, and KAM super user. I am a big fan of sets that are inspired by IDE themes.

Is it possible to add 1u shift and 2u shift on the base set? I need it for my 60% with arrow cluster.
Hey prob not at this point because I'm pushing it alr price wise atm, I think while it isn't perfect you can use basically any key for the 1u shift, and for the 2u, the numpad 0 key

gmk debian when
When the when the

Offline Ciantha

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 01:06:41 »
I have a couple of questions about the GCC kit.
1, Was there a reason a 3 bar was included but not a 2.75? 2.25 + 2.75 is a very common spacebar option for 40s.
2, Is the fact that the 2.25 and 3 spacebar are mod colored instead of alpha colored something you feel strongly about? If not I would like to suggest these be alpha colored instead.

Offline Ram

« Reply #238 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 01:11:36 »

I have a couple of questions about the GCC kit.
1, Was there a reason a 3 bar was included but not a 2.75? 2.25 + 2.75 is a very common spacebar option for 40s.
2, Is the fact that the 2.25 and 3 spacebar are mod colored instead of alpha colored something you feel strongly about? If not I would like to suggest these be alpha colored instead.

The 3u is a typo, meant to be 2.75, and I'll be changing the bar colors as well for those too as well, thanks for the input!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #239 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 11:09:22 »
This is so beautiful on first sight. I think you either love or hate the teal mod legends. For me I stared at the renders for a while then realized the set I actually want is GMK Apollo
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 March 2021, 16:39:14 by HelloThisIsDog »

Offline Ram

« Reply #240 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 15:23:41 »
This is so beautiful on first sight. I think you either love or hate the real mod legends. For me I stared at the renders for a while then realized the set I actually want is GMK Apollo
Yeah the teal def won't be for everyone

Offline kkd_20

« Reply #241 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 15:32:15 »
That deskmat is just wow  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #242 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 15:42:48 »
i see gcc kit, i buy.

Offline Ram

Offline shima

• keeb weeb
Re: [IC] GMK Arch | Norweigan Vendor Announced! |Kitting Update!
« Reply #244 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 12:04:20 »
mmmmmmmmmmm noice
boards: anura

Offline audrentis

« Reply #245 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 14:52:50 »
I like this a lot!  :thumb:
I assume row labels are messed up on GUI kit?
hjkl is row 3, and are the 1u GUI mods row 4?

Offline Ram

« Reply #246 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 15:05:05 »
I like this a lot!  :thumb:
I assume row labels are messed up on GUI kit?
hjkl is row 3, and are the 1u GUI mods row 4?
Yea its a mistake on my end, I'll fix it tonight thanks!

Offline nvh2092

Re: [IC] GMK Arch | Norweigan Vendor Announced! | Kitting Update!
« Reply #247 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 16:36:01 »
Hi Ram, norwegian  :p :p :p. Can we have some of the R2 novelty 1u keys moved to R3 and R4 to cover the column of (end, pgdn, pgup, home, etc). You have 4 R2 1u novelty keys and I don't know which popular layout uses these (even full size and TKL use 3 R2 1u keys: delete, end and PgDn). I think changing key row won't affect the price, right? Since you don't add new keys nor modify their size.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 March 2021, 16:42:55 by nvh2092 »

Offline Ram

Re: [IC] GMK Arch | Norweigan Vendor Announced! | Kitting Update!
« Reply #248 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 18:09:38 »
Hi Ram, norwegian  :p :p :p. Can we have some of the R2 novelty 1u keys moved to R3 and R4 to cover the column of (end, pgdn, pgup, home, etc). You have 4 R2 1u novelty keys and I don't know which popular layout uses these (even full size and TKL use 3 R2 1u keys: delete, end and PgDn). I think changing key row won't affect the price, right? Since you don't add new keys nor modify their size.
I'll take a look and see since originally it was for boards that have an extra row above the numpad and just for the f-row(,  pricing wise it won't affect it yeah, just gotta see which ones would be best to move down and if other people want it moved down too or not
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 March 2021, 02:46:19 by Ram »

Offline Ram

Re: [IC] GMK Arch | All 18 Collaborations Announced!
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 18:06:28 »
Bump for update