Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4155298 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #25850 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 20:58:35 »
 :confused:

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #25851 on: Fri, 14 December 2018, 22:09:35 »
If this is relationship problems and their solution to whatever you may have done is to destroy your belongings you need to -
1. Call the cops and have them removed from your home/away from your possessions
2. Get a lawyer and talk about possible routes for restitution
3. GET OUT OF THAT ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP, YOU DUMMY! GET OUT RIGHT NOW!

And I am not saying these are steps to consider, I am saying that this is what a normal human being that uses their brain to it's minimal amount would do.

I've nothing else to say past this post but this:

https://www.loveisrespect.org/is-this-abuse/why-do-people-stay/

Ok, so this relationship thing, oxytocin, dopamine, etc etc.. This person's proximity has been a source of these compounds/pleasure.

The bond you're feeling now is chemically strengthened.. And rational decision is impeded by this process..

It's designed this way to ensure that you achieve procreative success, because in general whatever pain you feel is a worthwhile sacrifice for the next generation.

In an abusive relationship, where your success and that of your progeny is not of certainty, the situation is then not unlike being addicted to cigarettes..

Most effective ways to quit:

Cold Turkey
Try another drug (cheat)

IMHO as a Gekhakr,  Whatever you do, which would reduce the further concession of Keyboards is the best path.

But, u know, this is the internet,  and that thing bout Goth Girlfriends.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25852 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 00:43:24 »
Well the first step is at least recognizing you are doing something unhealthy to yourself, it's up to you to determine if you have the courage to change that or if you will continue to let the situation actively poison your life.

aint no **** good enough to cost a man his soul

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25853 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 11:01:26 »
Chromium changed look after I had installed "security updates", and the option to change it back to a usable state is gone.
So, uninstall, reinstall old version. Added block for updating it.

Filed bug report. It was categorised as "WONTFIX", and merged with others, with a comment that I should use the "feedback form."
THIS IS NOT AN OPINION, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF ****!  The interface has regressed to a less usable, less secure state, by objective means of measuring according to established user interface principles. I've got a college degree in this stuff.

GAH! Effing hipsters at google!

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25854 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 11:15:09 »
Chromium changed look after I had installed "security updates", and the option to change it back to a usable state is gone.
So, uninstall, reinstall old version. Added block for updating it.

Filed bug report. It was categorised as "WONTFIX", and merged with others, with a comment that I should use the "feedback form."
THIS IS NOT AN OPINION, YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF ****!  The interface has regressed to a less usable, less secure state, by objective means of measuring according to established user interface principles. I've got a college degree in this stuff.

GAH! Effing hipsters at google!

what's wrong wtih it ?

Offline Starius

« Reply #25855 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 13:02:12 »
There used to be a lot of good software packages to turn a computer into a telephone answering machine. 
PhoneValet and Phlink for OSX were two such packages. 
But it seems in this modern day and age, such software has fallen out of development.

Now I am looking for ANY decent software for ANY operating system that will allow a computer, using a data/voice faxmodem, to act as a telephone answering machine.... LOCALLY. (Not using any other off site services.)
And the search has been far harder than I anticipated... 

Oh yeah, got fraudulent charges on my credit card earlier in the week and had to have it cancelled.  Guess that's been bothering me too.  But got that all sorted now. (I hope.)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25856 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 13:51:47 »
There used to be a lot of good software packages to turn a computer into a telephone answering machine. 
But it seems in this modern day and age, such software has fallen out of development.

Now I am looking for ANY decent software for ANY operating system that will allow a computer, using a data/voice faxmodem, to act as a telephone answering machine.... LOCALLY. (Not using any other off site services.)

Oh yeah, got fraudulent charges on my credit card earlier in the week and had to have it cancelled.  Guess that's been bothering me too.  But got that all sorted now. (I hope.)

Hrrrrmm... answering machines.. another excellent old tech.. Why not just get an old style answering machine with the little tape.

Offline Starius

« Reply #25857 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 15:26:52 »

Hrrrrmm... answering machines.. another excellent old tech.. Why not just get an old style answering machine with the little tape.

That is always an option, I admit.  But the computer software had nice benefits of configuring voicemail mailboxes, custom messages based on mailbox or based on who is calling, near unlimited recording space, all within a nice visual interface package to manage it all.  Caller ID of a caller flashing up on the screen is a nice feature as well. 

The "end game" here was a solution that I can use for some computer hardware that I just frankly want to still use and keep in operation - and would play nicely with a nice desk setup where the main phone would be a Western Electric 302.   I don't just want to have modern answering machines and Caller ID boxes sitting near by, because they are not visually appealing and generally look like plastic crap.    The one alternative I may have to consider is cannibalizing the innards of modern answering machine and caller ID devices and housing them in a custom wooden case of some sort, so they will fit my desired decor. 

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25858 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 16:35:23 »

I know you said you didnt want it to be offsite, but you could always just ask the CIA/NSA for the recordimgs of your house. I mean they already record so why not.

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #25859 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 00:48:26 »
Nightmarishly bad cold. Blocked sinuses, sinus pain, sinus pressure, runny nose, sneezing, congestion, cough, aches and chills. The works in other words. I'm reduced to using toilet paper for tissue, and I've gone through 3 rolls in 24 hours. :'(
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25860 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 07:00:16 »
Nightmarishly bad cold. Blocked sinuses, sinus pain, sinus pressure, runny nose, sneezing, congestion, cough, aches and chills. The works in other words. I'm reduced to using toilet paper for tissue, and I've gone through 3 rolls in 24 hours. :'(

Paying the Price

Offline iri

« Reply #25861 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 15:21:26 »
Chicken breast is likely the best meat calorie wise, but it's too dry to my taste :(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #25862 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 15:30:55 »
Chicken breast is likely the best meat calorie wise, but it's too dry to my taste :(
just deep fry it   ;)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline iri

« Reply #25864 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 18:28:39 »
just deep fry it   ;)
lol
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Carcharocles

• The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #25865 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 21:57:25 »

If chicken breast is dry, you've overcooked it. That, or you didn't marinate it. A good vinegar based salad dressing (ie Italian Dressing or some other non-creamy vinegarette) would do the trick--adds flavor and moisture (by partly breaking down the meat--acids pair well with meats for this reason) without adding too many calories. You can also add some lemon juice to a marinade for a similar effect; make the marinade two parts lemon juice, one part water, and add seasonings directly to the marinade. Don't be afraid to bake either.

Most deadly of them all.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #25866 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 23:30:12 »
I feel like quitting the karate class I'm in, but I feel as though I've committed too much to quit now unless I get some injury so great that I can't physically continue.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25867 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 23:34:00 »
Isn't turkey and ostrich supposed to be the healthiest poultry?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25868 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 04:05:14 »
I feel like quitting the karate class I'm in, but I feel as though I've committed too much to quit now unless I get some injury so great that I can't physically continue.
Mmm. A long time ago I quit Bujinkan Taijitsu (often called "ninjitsu" even though it actually isn't) partly because people there were too focused on becoming good bullies, looking scary and dominant. It was not a healthy attitude.
To train Budo the right way one needs to attain harmony in spirit, and I did not find that there.

If chicken breast is dry, you've overcooked it. That, or you didn't marinate it. A good vinegar based salad dressing (ie Italian Dressing or some other non-creamy vinegarette) would do the trick--adds flavor and moisture (by partly breaking down the meat--acids pair well with meats for this reason) without adding too many calories.
I cooked this recipe (Youtube) with Quorn (veg fake chicken breasts) which otherwise often gets a bit dry, and it turned out great. Sear, add marinade (mustard/mayo in this case) on top, add garlic breadcrumbs and then cook in oven with in stock on the bottom. Crunchy, succulent, acidic and savoury in one bite. I highly recommend it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 December 2018, 04:06:52 by Findecanor »

Offline Starius

« Reply #25869 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 08:31:32 »
I cooked this recipe (Youtube) with Quorn (veg fake chicken breasts) which otherwise often gets a bit dry, and it turned out great. Sear, add marinade (mustard/mayo in this case) on top, add garlic breadcrumbs and then cook in oven with in stock on the bottom. Crunchy, succulent, acidic and savoury in one bite. I highly recommend it.

Chef John is 'da man. 

His "paper pork shoulder" is one of the best things I've ever had. 

Though, I guess if you're not a meat eater, you might not care for it.  ;)

Offline iri

« Reply #25870 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 11:03:49 »

If chicken breast is dry, you've overcooked it. That, or you didn't marinate it
I didn't. Prepared to the instructions in the oven after oiling it.

Healthiest, maybe. But they have ~150kcal per 100g.

-Ray Bradbury

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25871 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 11:46:46 »

Poultry in general is the dirtiest meat.

If you have to kill yourselves, grass fed beef if you can swing it..

Otherwise, Tofu..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25872 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 12:17:37 »
Remember when tp4tissue with the vegan?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25873 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 18:09:48 »

What about when tp was a Ramen noodle.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25874 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 18:51:57 »

What about when tp was a Ramen noodle.

Nobody eat vegan..

m0ar Chicken..  m0ar healthy..

Nuggets FTWwwww!!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25875 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 16:42:45 »
That "tell me about yourself" job interview question.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25876 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 18:04:44 »

Show Image

One of the job interviews I had when I was looking to change employers asked this. My response was "what do you want to know". I got what I imagine to be the look that the recruiter gets when they ask this question.

I had been applying for every job I could and was using the interviews as practice for jobs I actually wanted.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25877 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 18:22:00 »

Show Image

One of the job interviews I had when I was looking to change employers asked this. My response was "what do you want to know". I got what I imagine to be the look that the recruiter gets when they ask this question.

I had been applying for every job I could and was using the interviews as practice for jobs I actually wanted.

Huh.. I feel like that would produce better results when compared to random blog posts on the subject.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25878 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 18:26:51 »

Show Image

Most important question to ask..

Recruiter: do you have any questions for me ?

Tp4: so, how many attractive females wurk here ?

Recruiter: this is IT.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25879 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 19:08:09 »

Show Image

Most important question to ask..

Recruiter: do you have any questions for me ?

Tp4: so, how many attractive females wurk here ?

Recruiter: this is IT.

Have you looked through your local craigslist posts? You'd have no issues in your search for a sugar mama.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25880 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 19:09:07 »

Have you looked through your local craigslist posts? You'd have no issues in your search for a sugar mama.

If Tp were that attractive,  would't be in 'puters

Offline Starius

« Reply #25881 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 22:38:20 »
I'm starting to think that "In Transit to Next Facility" actually means "We don't really know where it is but we're pretty sure we gave it to a guy who said he would get it where it needs to go. Let's hope for the best.

Also, "Forwarded for Delivery" might mean, "We know we said you would get it by today but it turns out it's currently somewhere else so you're probably not getting it today."

That's my current impression, at any rate.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25882 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 22:52:45 »
I'm starting to think that "In Transit to Next Facility" actually means "We don't really know where it is but we're pretty sure we gave it to a guy who said he would get it where it needs to go. Let's hope for the best.

Also, "Forwarded for Delivery" might mean, "We know we said you would get it by today but it turns out it's currently somewhere else so you're probably not getting it today."

I wonder if they'd deliver fried chicken eventually.

Offline Starius

« Reply #25883 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 06:28:36 »

I wonder if they'd deliver fried chicken eventually.

Listening to this news story this morning, I'm reminded that this is just a bad time of year for packages.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/20/678240011/the-monumental-push-behind-getting-that-package-delivered-by-christmas

Though, TP, I'm not sure we've developed the technology yet for fried chicken delivery.
Someday, though. Someday, perhaps.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25884 on: Thu, 20 December 2018, 10:54:33 »

If Tp were that attractive,  would't be in 'puters

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #25885 on: Sun, 23 December 2018, 10:46:41 »
I haven't posted this in a while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y9uo3oFPe4
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25886 on: Sun, 23 December 2018, 11:42:39 »
I haven't posted this in a while:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y9uo3oFPe4

Holy moley. More angst than an Avenged Sevenfold tattoo :eek:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25887 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 20:44:49 »
They've been installing carpet in the adjacent apartment for going of 9 ****ing hours now. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO INSTALL CARPET IN A TINY APARTMENT?!?

They already woke me up with the constant banging, and it HAS NOT STOPPED SINCE 10AM.

After 6 hours of this I couldn't take it and started yelling obscenities loudly at the wall, I know they hear me raging over here. Probably a biiiig damn joke to them now.  :mad:

Offline Starius

« Reply #25888 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 22:23:19 »
They've been installing carpet in the adjacent apartment for going of 9 ****ing hours now. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO INSTALL CARPET IN A TINY APARTMENT?!?

They already woke me up with the constant banging, and it HAS NOT STOPPED SINCE 10AM.

After 6 hours of this I couldn't take it and started yelling obscenities loudly at the wall, I know they hear me raging over here. Probably a biiiig damn joke to them now.  :mad:

Good lord.  I could see how that could be annoying. 
This is why I'm glad my nearest neighbors are a mile away.   

Offline Carcharocles

• The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #25889 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 23:17:50 »
Over my cold, but still coughing a lot. Coughing is bad enough that now my throat is sore (AGAIN). Oh, and some lovely laryngitis to boot. At least I can breathe now. Sunday I felt like I had two baseballs shoved up my nose. Certain friends of mine actually suggested I go to the ER based on my looks alone. :/

And I shared the love with a friend and a family member, so now both of them want to use me for batting practice (not seriously, of course). Fun month all around.

Our apartment complex now offers apartments in brand new carpet or (fake) wooden floors. Renovations are done every time a resident moves out. Which sadly happens a lot, because people keep moving in and not abiding by community rules (ie noise, timely rent paying, and so on). I can always tell when they're preparing an apartment for the wood option, because no one will have lived there for a few weeks and I still can't hear a peep from maintenance. The carpet on the other hand....

Most deadly of them all.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25890 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 00:49:05 »

Good lord.  I could see how that could be annoying. 
This is why I'm glad my nearest neighbors are a mile away.   

U could go to the outside..

But ur right.. outside = danger..  Inside is better.. Inside = safe

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #25891 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 06:05:38 »
U could go to the outside..

But ur right.. outside = danger..  Inside is better.. Inside = safe
How do you get groceries if you don't go outside? :D
Are you the bubble-boy?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25892 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 06:27:18 »
Are you the bubble-boy?

They deliver everything in America and Safeway(a supermarket chain) doesn't even charge a fee, so there's really no downside other than becoming a hermit recluse weirdo.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #25893 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 07:34:47 »
Are you the bubble-boy?

They deliver everything in America and Safeway(a supermarket chain) doesn't even charge a fee, so there's really no downside other than becoming a hermit recluse weirdo.
That's the ****in' dream right there. :D (okay not really that sounds scary actually.)
I had to leave my house today to go get groceries and **** for new years.
And I probably have to leave again tomorrow to go get some drinks and stuff.

Offline iri

« Reply #25894 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 07:41:53 »
In the UK we typically **** indoors

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #25895 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 08:21:23 »
In the UK we typically **** indoors

And you probably do it more than once a year.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25896 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 08:33:36 »
Are you the bubble-boy?

That's the ****in' dream right there. :D (okay not really that sounds scary actually.)
I had to leave my house today to go get groceries and **** for new years.
And I probably have to leave again tomorrow to go get some drinks and stuff.

Outside = Stranger Danger..

No Thx..  Tp4 prefer to stay indoors and buy laptops.. from dat walmart, which delivers

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25897 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 10:35:39 »
Six years of waiting.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #25898 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 00:16:12 »
My knees hurt pretty much constantly, and my groin still hurts from when I pulled it in July. I thought I was over this chronic pain BS.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25899 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 00:20:18 »
My knees hurt pretty much constantly, and my groin still hurts from when I pulled it in July. I thought I was over this chronic pain BS.

Eat some fried chicken.. feel better..