Author Topic: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)  (Read 889194 times)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)
« Reply #600 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 08:43:42 »

I am no longer accepting any more submissions.

It will be 11 weeks tomorrow. I went to the PO today and asked them to root around in the back to see if I had a box from Singapore that had been overlooked, but no. Now I suppose that I will have to start accepting the fact that I am probably going to be left empty-handed, but I won't give up completely for another couple of weeks.

Sometimes I think it would be better to remain empty-handed than receive some of the crap that has been mailed out.

To that, I received the caps that I was sent incorrectly back through the postal service after receiving the PP reimbursement.  Eiji hasn't responded, and indeed, hasn't even been on geekhack, so I decided to take a look at what it actually was.  Neither set was complete, and the stabilizers on the keys were not complete- like they'd just been ripped off the boards they were on.  There were some relegendables randomly included in the bags- maybe to make up for the missing keys?  I wouldn't even want to send this on if Eiji did respond... it's pretty useless, not even worth postage.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #601 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 23:05:42 »
I share your sentiments - sometimes it is indeed better to  move on and not be shocked twice when we receive junk  in the mail. But I feel like that's something for each person to decide individually.

Being one of the first shipments to arrive waaaaaaaay back in the first week of May, I land in an odd spot - some of the items I have received were neither originally listed, nor "claimed"/ordered by others (and provided proof thereof). I certainly don't - basically an ortholinear board of some  sort  + some keypads. Go figure that Manila air keyboard that I was going to pass  onto shrub is basically a box. With more junk inside. If I knew earlier about that I would have posted about that, but alas the shipment wasn't really opened and examined by anyone until it  made it here to the US in July.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #602 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 23:12:01 »
Unfortunately, it appears, this will be another example of people scamming people with no consequences at all, at GH. The worst part is that we do not learn our lessons.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #603 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 05:32:43 »
Unfortunately, it appears, this will be another example of people scamming people with no consequences at all, at GH. The worst part is that we do not learn our lessons.

The worst part is that we continue to give people the benefit of the doubt.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #604 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 05:35:39 »

I'm new around here, does this sort of thing happen often?

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #605 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 05:39:31 »

I don't think so, but if you search up "Ivan GB scam" you should find a few results on google

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #606 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 06:02:02 »

I don't think so, but if you search up "Ivan GB scam" you should find a few results on google
Just went through the thread. That is rough.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #607 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 06:24:24 »

No, fortunately.

There have been a few high-profile long-term members who have disappeared with a lot of money and/or a lot of keyboard stuff belonging to the community.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #608 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 06:30:53 »

No, fortunately.

There have been a few high-profile long-term members who have disappeared with a lot of money and/or a lot of keyboard stuff belonging to the community.
That is of course terrible. I hope to not run in to those people, but I guess if you spend enough time (and money :p ) on here you will eventually.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #609 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 12:43:02 »
This is a repeated thing, despite what others say. There was Ivan most recently. There was also Takaki who was a reputable seller from Singapore who up and disappeared one day with a large pile orders unfulfilled. (And of course, Gutz bemoaned publicly how he was from the same country. To be fair, nobody knows what the hell happened to Takaki. I bought a set from him with no issues, as well.)  There's plenty of incidents of people falsely advertising their goods as being "mint" or "perfect" and actually being beat to hell or just flat out broke.
None of these people have suffered any real consequences. Even when it's known they've been banned from other forums for it, they get to sell here. And rarely they'll get 'banned from selling' after the fact. Banning someone who already scammed and ran from further sales is as useful as pissing in the wind.
That's why they keep coming to GH. They know that not only will it work, they will get away with it.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #610 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 01:58:26 »
See new thread.

Offline shrubkeys

« Reply #611 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 18:23:24 »