Author Topic: GH60 PCB shows up on computer as driver not installed - Help finding driver  (Read 8746 times)

Offline scotprice

I purchased a case/pcb/and switches from someone (knowing that the pcb wasnt registering).  When I  plugged the GH60 PCB Rev B into my computer, and it shows the following:

ATM32U4DFU - drivers for this device are not installed

Is there anyway to get drivers for this, and turn it into a working keyboard?  I have looked around for drivers, but cant seem to find one. 

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
From my reddit post, it was for the Satan GH60 but it should work for the real GH60 too.

To install the drivers for ATm32U4DFU

1. Install Flip http://www.atmel.com/images/Flip%20Installer%20-%203.4.7.112.exe
2. Open Device Manager
3. Press the button on the back of the board
4. In Device Manager you should see ATm32U4DFU
5. Right click it>Update Driver>Browse My Computer for Driver Software
6. Navigate to the USB folder inside the Flip folder you installed in step 2. It should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Flip 3.4.7\usb
7. Click Next. The driver for ATm32U4DFU should now install.

Offline scotprice

Great!  It now is showing up as an Atmel USB Device.  Now I just need to figure out how to get my keyboard keys to work.

This is my first attempt at anything like this one!

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
Okay. From the other half of my reddit post that I didn't include lol.

Use EasyAVR to build and program the layout.

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Easy_AVR_USB_Keyboard_Firmware#Downloads

1. Open EasyAVRand create your layout (use View>Scancode Picker to quickly select the keys you want)

2. File>Save Layout As

3. File>Build and Reprogram (A message might appear saying you don't have a key bound to boot mode. You can ignore this as there's a physical button on the back of the Satan PCB that puts it into boot mode. You could program a key combo to put the board into boot mode though, something like Fn+Esc)

4. Save it somewhere

5. A new window will appear. In the task drop down menu select Upload to USB AVR using Flip

6. Press the button on the back of the Satan PCB

7. Click Run

8.Boom. Done. Your board is ready.

Offline scotprice

I even think I read that earlier, and dismissed it for some reason.  Thanks so much.

is your reddit username the same as on here?

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
Nah I'm called something else on reddit, see if you can find me haha.

Offline Porkins

• HHKB Pro
Re: GH60 PCB shows up on computer as driver not installed - Help finding driver
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 17:40:13 »
Oh thank god I found this. Thank you so much, this fixed my issue that I was having with accidentally installing the usb drivers on the gh60 (instance 0) in Zadig. I thought I was going to have to buy a avr reprogammer.

One thing though for some reason when I was building my layout I had to switch the rshift and the fn1 key for them to work. It kept installing the fn key on the left 1.75 shift and the shift key on the 1u fn key on the right. I just made them the opposite in the layout builder and it works perfect now though.
Custom KC60

Offline Porkins

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 18:20:47 »
Will easy avr work with a kc60 pcb?
Custom KC60

Offline nill

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 19:57:23 »
Hey Porkins!

Would you mind explaining this sentence : "this fixed my issue that I was having with accidentally installing the usb drivers on the gh60 (instance 0) in Zadig."?

I've been having some trouble with my KC60 (same PCB), and I may have installed the USB drivers on the KC60 instances in Zadig. Is this bad? What did you do to install the correct drivers?
CA66 // HHKB // TINA-C // FC980M

<< LINEARS OR BUST >>

Offline Porkins

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 20:03:14 »
Following the steps that SKD posted to use easy AVR was able to fix a GH60 pcb where I had overwrote the gh60 (instance 0) in zadig. I'm dumb so I had actually overwrote the  instance on both a gh60 and a KC60. I was only able to fix the gh60. The KC60 is still basically bricked.
Custom KC60

Offline nill

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 22:58:00 »
Wait what? How is it possible to brick the KC60 PCB? Surely there must be a way for me to reset it...

Currently, my board works on Mac but for some reason my PC is not recognizing it as an input device. Any idea why this might be?

<< LINEARS OR BUST >>

Offline Porkins

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 22:59:26 »
Bricked was a bad word. I can get the board partially working, but not fully using easy avr. Easy avr doesn't have a setting for the KC60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Custom KC60

Offline nill

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 23:07:41 »
Okay. I used TKG the first time around with this board and it was working fine.. Not sure why Windows would stop recognizing it all of a sudden. It shows up in my Device Manager as 4 instances of the GH60, but fails to register the keystrokes in anything but the BIOS (and other computers). Any idea why this could be? I've tried reflashing, reinstalling drivers, etc. I'm on the verge of trying a clean Windows install because I love this KB so much.. Thanks in advance for your help.

<< LINEARS OR BUST >>

Offline nill

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 09:36:34 »
ISSUE SOLVED.

This was the weirdest problem ever. Timeline:

1. I buy a KC60, program it with TKG. EZPZ, fully functional.
2. I buy a GH60. Plug it in, then KC60 does not work anymore after that.
3. I panic, try reflashing and updating firmware on the kC60a million times. No dice.
4. Eventually, I figure that I should just give up and program the GH60 and use that instead.
5. I program the GH60 successfully. When I plug the KC60 back in, it works!

Looks like the issue may have been that for some reason my PC was thinking my KC60 was the GH60 (unflashed), as the KC was showing up as a GH in the Device Manager. No number of driver updates or other ****ery worked. I just had to "de-scramble" the Device Manager by fully flashing both boards. Weird.~~~~

<< LINEARS OR BUST >>