Author Topic: [IC] White on Red (or reverse RA) base kit - Now named Klaxon  (Read 19856 times)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: [IC] White on Red (or reverse RA) base kit - Now named Klaxon
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 21:15:16 »
KLAX-on...KLAX-off...

Offline leeshjnn

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 01:50:27 »
Seeing how people willing to pay $80 for a RA 2.0 base set. I think we definitely need to have this group buy ASAP. I'm all in for 1 base set + 1 modifier set. I will have to consider how reasonable the shipping cost is. Might as well ask my bro to pick it up and ship it back to me.

Offline MadScientist46

• Snaged his first CCs -> HappyScientist now ^_^
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 08:41:38 »
This IC isn't even up for a week now, and there are already 14 red on white base sets. This is awesome! But considering how the Second-chance Tsangan kits were going, I think it schould maybe stay open for a bit longer to maybe reach the next price tier(s). (I'd rather like to pay $55 for a base kit than $70^^)
I also think we could maybe gather more interest if this would be posted in other forums, too. Ofc that is up to the one doing the group buy, because that will most certainly complicate the whole thing. But for the Tsangan kits, having someone collecting orders from another forum nearly doubled the orders.
Noppoo Choc mini MX-Reds | KBT Pure MX-Reds/Green LEDs

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 11:17:42 »
Submitted the fancy form to register my interest in the white on red base, mod, and tsangsan sets.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 11:21:21 »
I'm not expecting quite double, but I suspect I'll get more people willing to pay money once this shifts from IC to GB.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 01:32:07 »
I forgot to mention that I'm also in for a WoR mod! (as opposed to the RoW set I'ld like to have)

Just a newbie question, and I'm sorry if I'm off topic, but what is a tsangsan set? I'm not all that good with all those terms and google is really not my friend today ^^ can someone help me with that?

also, I have a korean keyboard (key cool) does that make any differences for the mod set? I've eared that some have different sizes, is it true?

thanks a lot ^^

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 02:26:36 »
Noted for both.

Tsangan kit is different sized mod and space bars for Korean (typically) keyboards.  Someone with more experience can correct or add to that as they will.

I think the keycool is standard, but again I'm not sure as I've not even looked into purchasing one.  It is true that there are different sizes for things like spacebars, mods like your ctrl/alt/winkey/shift and the like.

I think that takes decent care of your questions, and again thanks for another reason to bump an IC of mine plus type more on this new board I'm on the fence about.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 02:33:01 »
Yeah, Keycool appears to have normal sized mods to me. On the Noppoo Choc Mini for example, the right shift is 1.50, which means it's the same size as the tab and \ keys.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 02:38:13 »
Thanks for your answers! So tsans' sets include the same keys as the modifiers' one.
I'll check when i come back home from school.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 02:41:06 »
Yeah, Keycool appears to have normal sized mods to me. On the Noppoo Choc Mini for example, the right shift is 1.50, which means it's the same size as the tab and \ keys.

This lady, always helping me out.

Thanks for your answers! So tsans' sets include the same keys as the modifiers' one.
I'll check when i come back home from school.

Yes, but in different sizes.

Offline Zokudu

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 07:37:34 »
tsangan sets also include function keys and the short right shift you would need for the Keycool unfortunately. The real issue with the Keycool is trying to find 1x ctrl, and alt for the right side.
Filco Majestouch 2 - Browns | Keycool 84 (POM) - Browns | CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid - Greens

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 08:06:11 »
Looks as though only some Keycools have short right shift keys.. I believe this top image is the one we're talking about, as it's the same as the keyboard that is in the classifieds. .

compared to
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 November 2012, 08:08:02 by MissMurd3r84 »
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline Zokudu

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 08:50:02 »
I thought we were talking about the Keycool 84 because you had mentioned the Noppoo Choc Mini. Sorry about that. I also have Keycool 84s on the mind because I just ordered one.  :(

Oh I also filled out the form like a day ago. Would love a Red on White set.
Filco Majestouch 2 - Browns | Keycool 84 (POM) - Browns | CMStorm Quick Fire Rapid - Greens

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 08:51:26 »
I have a keycool 87 what about it? do I need a tsangan set or not? I'm a bit lost because I can't compare with anything else

Offline Zokudu

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 08:53:39 »
I have a keycool 87 what about it? do I need a tsangan set or not? I'm a bit lost because I can't compare with anything else

I don't think so. The Keycool 87 seems pretty standard to me.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 09:15:22 »
Ok thanks a lot! :D

So please count me in for a set and modifiers :D no Tsangan needed :)

Also : is there a minimum number of person needed to make it into a GB? if so, how much are we still needing?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 12:17:59 »
10 is the minimum, but considering the cost drops significantly by adding 10 more people, I want to try and get a guaranteed 20 before I shift to GB.  Considering no one has said anything to the contrary, I think I'll be running the whole shebang myself.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 15:07:01 »
Alrighty, guys and gals, we've got enough interest I'm shifting this to group buy territory!

Here's the new link to follow(not mod approved yet) - http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37225.0

All that have already expressed interest need not worry about having to do it again.