Author Topic: Why aren't high end thick pbt keycap sets more popular?  (Read 12715 times)

Offline KHAANNN

Re: Why aren't high end thick pbt keycap sets more popular?
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 00:15:58 »
I was going to ask for a link, but I'm guessing this is it: https://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/hi-profile-pbt-dye-sub-the-time-has-come-t10805.html - very exciting indeed

Edit: WOW, Here's to hoping they go the irregular route and go for a stepped return, I hate pressing "' instead of Return
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 August 2016, 00:18:07 by KHAANNN »
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 12:46:14 »
Yeah, I should have just posted the link. 

Stepped return?  I think that might drive me batty given I hit Enter at the far left of the key with my pinky.

Offline Lepidus

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 13:06:46 »
Well, vortex showed some PBT SA clones at computex, fitting an entire board. Did anyone already try contacting them?

Btw, are you guys sure SP dont do PBT Blanks? I also thought they just couldnt do doubleshots because of the shinking issue, but not blanks. If they just pour some PBT on SA molds, what could happen?

If I recal correctly, they used to sell PBT SA blanks back when they had that huge spreadsheet of extras on their website. Even now if you go to their keyshop, on SA blanks option, WAN (a PBT color) is listed among the options:

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/sa-1-space-pack-of-10/
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 August 2016, 13:29:01 by Lepidus »

Offline unoab

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 14:40:04 »
Btw, are you guys sure SP dont do PBT Blanks? I also thought they just couldnt do doubleshots because of the shinking issue, but not blanks. If they just pour some PBT on SA molds, what could happen?

If I recal correctly, they used to sell PBT SA blanks back when they had that huge spreadsheet of extras on their website. Even now if you go to their keyshop, on SA blanks option, WAN (a PBT color) is listed among the options:

they sell the leftovers of what they have, I have some of those PBT caps, and there was some discussion of it on a few threads, here is an excerpt from the classic space discussion:

It turns out SP can make 1x and 1.5x PBT SA profile Row 3 caps. You can even buy some right now on the PMK store....

However, they're left overs from a short one-off run made for a client. They cannot be doubleshot and SP doesn't have the holders to dyesub them either. So those few blanks are all you're going to be able to get from them in terms of SA PBT. Sorry.