Author Topic: [IC] Maxkey SA Navy / Blue Angels  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Woovie

[IC] Maxkey SA Navy / Blue Angels
« on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 17:27:18 »
Greetings!

I have been working on the idea of doing a run of sculpted caps through Maxkey stylized similar to Danger Zone. I will say first I have already contacted Data and I have permission for the usage of the colorway, but the name won't be used, so the name of this set is WIP. Currently I am working on what keys should be in the set and just seeing if there's interest out there to hit a 200MOQ. My goal is for the entire base kit to be compatible with a large amount of boards and be 100USD flat. I want an addon pack with yellow, so working on designing that too. I have not contacted Maxkey yet, but I have purchased a few kits from different GBs so I know what pricing to expect. Time frame wise, I heard they're getting a little backed up, but I would still expect a sub 3 month time frame from GB completion to delivery.

Here's a render of the current idea I've put together. The R2 for Eject should read R1, it's a Backspace replacement.

I appreciate any ideas you have for addon kit items and such. the little I have is purely based off of Danger Zone and what I enjoyed from Danger Zone. Let me know what you think!  :thumb:

Edit: I forgot my pantones!

https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/PQ-109C
https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/PQ-654C
https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/PQ-10390C

Current selection. May refine after looking closer at my DZ set at home.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 September 2017, 17:36:46 by Woovie »

Offline bluesclera

Re: [IC] Maxkey SA Navy / Blue Angels
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 17:39:49 »
Too similar to SA Danger zone. Even the yellow legend if i'm not mistaken.

....oh nevermind, i didnt realize that was your intention.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 September 2017, 17:41:33 by bluesclera »

Offline Woovie

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 18:11:32 »
Too similar to SA Danger zone. Even the yellow legend if i'm not mistaken.

....oh nevermind, i didnt realize that was your intention.
Yes, the idea is a new run of Danger Zone, but I can't do that. I also don't want to wait 1 year+ for keycaps from Signature Plastics.

Offline TeHao

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 20:33:08 »
MAXKEY layout design is not so free, I suggest you contact MAXKEY first.

Offline lovetree

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 22:47:57 »
Sculpted Danger Zone!
I like this!  :D

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 22:59:29 »
Aye man, you may wanna add some more layout options. Unless you're aiming to keep it cheep™, which would be really dope. Maxkeys can get hella cheap for a 104 key SA set. NGL, you may want to consider just a 104 key kit with a couple of extra layout options. You can't please everyone, but your price point certainly should.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 01:39:57 »
MAXKEY layout design is not so free, I suggest you contact MAXKEY first.
Hmm, do you mean the AIRSTRIKE keys and such? I wasn't sure about that bit yet. Worst case, could use default lettering but custom colors. I will be sure to contact them about that. Thank you!

Aye man, you may wanna add some more layout options. Unless you're aiming to keep it cheep™, which would be really dope. Maxkeys can get hella cheap for a 104 key SA set. NGL, you may want to consider just a 104 key kit with a couple of extra layout options. You can't please everyone, but your price point certainly should.

What particular keys and what size of said key would be missing from here to make it more compatible? At the moment I looked at what Miami Night supported, which it supported my RSX96, and it supports all standard ANSI layouts. Anything in particular you had a suggestion for? I appreciate the feedback. My intent is to definitely keep this set as cheap as possible for the basekit, which would include all of the extra grey keys. The yellow and blue options would be what would turn into addon kits.

Offline Data

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 11:12:18 »
 :cool:

Offline lovetree

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 21:04:32 »
Need a red ESC key with yellow legend!