Author Topic: Q/A  (Read 99518 times)

Offline Johan

Re: Q/A
« Reply #600 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 08:00:53 »
Sherry still hasn't logged into geekhack since January 3rd. Anyone have contact with him anywhere else? I'm guessing he is just overwhelmed at the moment.

I've tried the originativeco email 3 days ago, but no reply yet. He probably as you mentioned, has a pretty big backlog of messages before he can check mine.
Uh, stuff.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #601 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 13:16:48 »
So this is acceptable vendor behavior now?  Two month absence, continued delays of promised products, no fixed issues on previous problems?  This is why they re branded from Keyboard Story last time, right?

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #602 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 00:21:56 »
I've sent three emails over the last month, to three different email addresses (including the one he lists in the last "News and Updates" post. No replies. Seems strange...I WANT to buy something from them....

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline ebacho

« Reply #603 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 01:40:49 »
For what its worth the lube kits got restocked...

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #604 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 09:49:58 »
So did 62g springs, if people haven't noticed yet. Got mine yesterday, and I can't wait to try them out with my clears and vintage blacks.
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #605 on: Sun, 09 February 2014, 19:07:30 »

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #606 on: Mon, 10 February 2014, 18:38:24 »
Still trying to make an order. Been over a month lol....

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #607 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 02:54:18 »

Forget it, go elsewhere and buy it.  Don't waste time here complaining because no one cares......

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #608 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 07:37:29 »

Forget it, go elsewhere and buy it.  Don't waste time here complaining because no one cares......

That's all well and good but Sherry has things that are hard/impossible to find elsewhere. I wish he would come around and give everyone here an update.  ::)

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #609 on: Fri, 14 February 2014, 22:55:52 »
RGB status?

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #610 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 02:46:34 »
Hi Sherry, still away from Business? I am interested to order from your website, let's say I order it now, will you start shipping immediately? Or few months lol

Thanks

Offline hellboar

« Reply #611 on: Sun, 16 February 2014, 10:05:09 »
I ordered the portal set awhile back and got it no issues (only two keys and under $10). I will say however they sent me a tracking email AFTER i had already received them which I thought was kind of amusing

Offline Johan

« Reply #612 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 04:37:54 »
Still nothing?
Uh, stuff.

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #613 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 09:34:05 »
I ordered the portal set awhile back and got it no issues (only two keys and under $10). I will say however they sent me a tracking email AFTER i had already received them which I thought was kind of amusing
hello sir! may I know when did you purchse from them? (January?)
and how about I have missing keys from the set I bought from Sherry? When will he send it to me?

Offline egarsenal16

« Reply #614 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 17:33:32 »
He is still shipping even though he's out.  I just ordered a lube kit and springs and ended up with two lube kits though...

Offline hellboar

« Reply #615 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 18:05:55 »

hello sir! may I know when did you purchse from them? (January?)
and how about I have missing keys from the set I bought from Sherry? When will he send it to me?
[/quote]

My statement says the charge was made on the 24th. They came rather quickly, I'm sorry to see people are having issues.

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #616 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 18:19:03 »
Looking for someone who bought the GMK Charred Orange cap set and ended up w/ two 'C' keys. I have a right arrow I would like to trade...
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #617 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 21:43:16 »
I hope he will resolve the problem asap, I want missing caps :(

Offline hanschueng

« Reply #618 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 19:21:51 »
I hope he will resolve the problem asap, I want missing caps :(
Also hope you can reply my email

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #619 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 19:33:02 »
He is still shipping even though he's out.  I just ordered a lube kit and springs and ended up with two lube kits though...

lol that's really weird...
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #620 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 19:35:29 »

lol that's really weird...

It's not unlikely that he needs to keep the business going, which means fulfilling orders but not spending many hours and days catching up on a heap of e-mails and PMs.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline tbc

« Reply #621 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 00:22:31 »
ya....what's the deal with PBT blank RGBs?

it's sad there's not that much 1.5x black PBT mods out there...
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #622 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 11:39:05 »
Why are they allowed to have a vendor forum still if it's just going to be ignored?  I don't buy Photo's explanation, this isn't a matter of desperation and trying to just keep afloat since you actually try to give a **** and keep customers in that case.  This is just Sherry's hobby and he treats the customers of his business with the same lack of gravity.  Homie took thirty sets of Otaku orders on November 29th (that's $2,250) and has subsequently given a three month excuse of "keys are being made", "I don't know where they are", and most recently on JANUARY 28th he finally decided to return to the internet with one iphone photo of two keys asking the customers to confirm that it was the correct shade because he had put SO MUCH EFFORT into getting the right color and bad ole BSP was obviously a bunch of incompetent morons and couldn't get things right.  I've pretty much given up on ever getting keys, I only bought into the order since it was supposed to be a three part delivery (WKL Dec, WK January, 7x ABS Feb) and I wanted it before the Ivan groupbuy was going to even wrap up.  Sherry was even an arrogant enough of a person to give some winky faced comment in Ivan's GB thread about how Originative was going to be making the same set but even sooner.  But now it's gonna be a flat out race at best between the PLUM factory and this, so what's the point?  I want stuff in the future like WoB Cherry, but if Originative is the only way to get it I know I can live without.

I am not here to pick any fights.  Originative will come out with nearly the same style keycaps in 2 weeks.  The idea is the same, black on black like the Realforce.  I am not saying you copied ours, but please know that we are not copying yours.  Get ready for Black Friday. :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #623 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 12:11:20 »
I don't think sherry understands the importance of updates  ::)
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 February 2014, 13:36:31 by SpAmRaY »

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #624 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 13:29:24 »
Question to sherry.  Where are you?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #625 on: Thu, 20 February 2014, 17:07:26 »
I don't think sherry cares about the importance of updates  ::)

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #626 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 02:23:57 »
Any updates?
something comes across my mind, does Sherry has any leftovers on his hand to send?
If I am not mistaken, some people would've gotten some extra keys and what action they take to the extras?
Returning to Sherry?
I want my Charred Orange to be complete  :mad:

Offline Grendel

« Reply #627 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 12:08:32 »
Any updates?
[..]I want my Charred Orange to be complete  :mad:

x2 !! W/o the 'C' key my set is a pretty useless pile of plastic that cost me $100.
- I'm game !

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #628 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 11:36:09 »
you know, i rolled the dice a few weeks ago and ordered just some springs and stickers from originative, i've done this in the past when Sherry specifically has gone absent on geekhack not fufilling larger orders and still got my small order fine, maybe someone else was handling the smaller spring and sticker orders.  But its looking like i made a mistake dropping the $50 or so, No response to emails (no surprise). I'll hold out some hope because its the easiest way to get 62g and 55g korean springs for cheap but damn this sucks.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 March 2014, 11:40:19 by Glod »

Offline intelli78

« Reply #629 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 12:39:24 »
I ordered a Dolch numpad a couple weeks ago and it shipped out after about a week.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #630 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 07:04:03 »
I ordered a Dolch numpad a couple weeks ago and it shipped out after about a week.

This is ridiculous, business still on to new customer but never reply to old customers who received incomplete set.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #631 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 18:31:19 »
Ordered a dolch space bar and was told to order Springs. Asked for confirmation and still got Springs. No response in over 3 weeks.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #632 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 18:57:33 »
Ordered a dolch space bar and was told to order Springs. Asked for confirmation and still got Springs. No response in over 3 weeks.

How did you order just a dolch space bar??

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #633 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 19:17:44 »

I inquired to sherry and was told yes. And that it'd 8$, and to just order Springs and put space in the notes.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #634 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 20:19:30 »

I inquired to sherry and was told yes. And that it'd 8$, and to just order Springs and put space in the notes.

Wow...I'd love to have a few spare ones....hmm now if sherry would respond and let us know he's still in business...

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #635 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 04:33:22 »
What is the difference between the "Limited" & regular springs on Originative?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline ebacho

« Reply #636 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 14:20:09 »

Supposedly tighter tolerances.  Nobody really knows though.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #637 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 14:33:40 »

Supposedly tighter tolerances.  Nobody really knows though.

Also about tree-fiddy.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #638 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 12:43:28 »
Ordered springs and stickers Feb 21, i sent regular emails asking for status and to send my shipment

Guys, Do not order from Originative, Sherry is pulling in money without sending anything. Its pissing me the **** off

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #639 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 13:00:46 »
I'm a little concerned myself. During the black friday sale last thanksgiving, I ordered some black spacebars. Obviously, I've heard nothing about this for months now even though he led us to believe he was shipping them in DEC/JAN. I always felt that they'd be late, but what I wasn't prepared for was this utter drought of information: I notice that he posted one update saying that the manufacturer got the color wrong but that's it.

Also:

I asked Sherry for a refund for my RGBW offer about ten days ago and have't heard anything! At all. Last year he would have refunded this almost immediately. I have no idea what's happening here but I will not order one more item from originative.com until he sorts this all out.

Cheers,

K

Topre REALFORCE

Offline Johan

« Reply #640 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 13:37:02 »
Also:

I asked Sherry for a refund for my RGBW offer about ten days ago and have't heard anything! At all. Last year he would have refunded this almost immediately. I have no idea what's happening here but I will not order one more item from originative.com until he sorts this all out.

Cheers,

K
My last email was sent roughly a month ago, I don't really think I'll get anything in response, nor do I think I'll get the caps. We'll see what happens, I guess. I only ordered a winkey set, so its not a huge loss.
Uh, stuff.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #641 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 21:51:38 »
Ordered springs and stickers Feb 21, i sent regular emails asking for status and to send my shipment

Guys, Do not order from Originative, Sherry is pulling in money without sending anything. Its pissing me the **** off

What springs you after? I can probably hook you up shoot me a PM.

And FWIW until sherry takes the opportunity to come here and let us know what is going on I don't recommend buying from him either. I also have sent multiple emails, to multiple originativeco addresses and nothing.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #642 on: Sun, 16 March 2014, 12:17:27 »

What springs you after? I can probably hook you up shoot me a PM.

And FWIW until sherry takes the opportunity to come here and let us know what is going on I don't recommend buying from him either. I also have sent multiple emails, to multiple originativeco addresses and nothing.

I'm more concerned about the money than the springs and stickers at this point.

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #643 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 14:05:15 »
I just want my charred orange to be complete :(

Offline Grendel

« Reply #644 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 14:23:00 »
Yea, so do I. Alas, going to file a CC claim very soon.
- I'm game !

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #645 on: Mon, 17 March 2014, 14:39:20 »
Me too.. nearly 4 months since I placed my Black Friday order, and 2 months since last hearing about it.

Offline mzero

« Reply #646 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 10:12:08 »
 :eek: I've ordered a set of springs last Mar 14, I didn't know there was a issue with this site... I've just sent an email asking for the shipping. The last time I asked a question about the difference between springs and they answered two days later (Feb 26)

Offline mzero

« Reply #647 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 17:41:22 »
:eek: I've ordered a set of springs last Mar 14, I didn't know there was a issue with this site... I've just sent an email asking for the shipping. The last time I asked a question about the difference between springs and they answered two days later (Feb 26)

I've just received a shipping notification. I'll let you know

Offline gh_pp

« Reply #648 on: Thu, 20 March 2014, 13:17:35 »
My order of $130 back in Nov 2013 still hasn't shipped.

Last email from him was over a month ago and he said my order is not affected.

Waited 4+ weeks and emailed him again two days ago. Still no response whatsoever.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.
QFR brown x2, Realforce 45G, Type-S, Keycool 22 blue

Previous keyboards: 55G, IBM Model M, Dell AT101W, Fujitsu FKB4725, G80-3000 clear, QFS green, QFS blue

[WTB] Custom keyboard build

Offline mzero

« Reply #649 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 16:06:24 »

I've just received a shipping notification. I'll let you know

I've just got my 65gr springs... Unfortunally I've already bought another set from Sprit because I was afraid to receive nothing after reading this thread.