Author Topic: Dolch Pre order  (Read 80779 times)

Offline aesthetics1

Re: Dolch Pre order
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 13:34:12 »
I'm sure he's just very busy and gets LOTS of PMs from people, plus has to sort and ship all the inventory purchased from his site.  He replied to my PM I sent over a week ago only a couple days ago.  But when I order from his site, everything arrives very quickly.  It's probably his priority to get actual orders sorted and shipped, while replying to threads and PMs is secondary when he has free time.

I think our Dolch orders are "actual orders" too, I mean I got charge real money just like those orders he had in stock. I can see he is probably busy but it's been weeks for me. No offense to you Photoeletric or anything, just tired of these groupbuys.

Agreed. This is just bad service.
He doesn't actually have the keycaps. There's nothing he can do about it.

Except, he can. He can update us. Timelines have been set and missed repeatedly with not so much as a peep. Answering people in private via skype/pm/im doesn't constitute as service. He should be active on this forum if he is a vendor. There is no excuse.
Home: Filco Majestouch TKL MX Red | Work: Ducky Shining (Blue LED) MX Black | Collection: CM Quickfire Rapid MX Red

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 19:43:17 »
are pre-orders still open?

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 19:53:54 »
are pre-orders still open?

Nope. The Dolch keyset pre-order ended a while ago.

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 19:56:55 »
Except, he can. He can update us. Timelines have been set and missed repeatedly with not so much as a peep. Answering people in private via skype/pm/im doesn't constitute as service. He should be active on this forum if he is a vendor. There is no excuse.

this

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 20:21:24 »
I spoke to him on chat, he said Dolch is being late cause of some holiday in Germany.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Forever

« Reply #255 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 13:44:55 »
Hey.Ive already contact u,but got nothing back. Id like to know is it still availble now?

Offline keymaster

« Reply #256 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 14:29:19 »
Hey.Ive already contact u,but got nothing back. Id like to know is it still availble now?

No, the pre-order ended a while ago.

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 15:14:31 »
Ok guys I did it just for you. I went back to facebook after years and clicked the link on the Originative site....

This was posted an hour ago...

"Updates on Dolch: They are still waiting on the Tab key, the other legend. Hopefully they can ship this Friday or Monday."

:llama:

I', sure the shipping might mean from GMK to Originitive. Then to us.

« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2013, 15:17:08 by Cafiend »

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 15:20:40 »
Ok guys I did it just for you. I went back to facebook after years and clicked the link on the Originative site....

This was posted an hour ago...

"Updates on Dolch: They are still waiting on the Tab key, the other legend. Hopefully they can ship this Friday or Monday."

:llama:

I', sure the shipping might mean from GMK to Originitive. Then to us.

This sounds good.

Why can't sherry just post that in this forum?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 15:30:09 »
Is anyone getting these in email announcements or anything? I never have gotten any of the emails he talks about sending out.

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 15:43:44 »
I just stumbled across that after camping this thread for weeks.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 15:52:04 »
Is anyone getting these in email announcements or anything? I never have gotten any of the emails he talks about sending out.

No e-mails after that last one a few weeks ago that most everyone got talking about the Handerbeit set in addition to the Dolch pre-order. :(

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 17:38:20 »
Yep same here Spamray.

My only worry now is that my Dolch pre order was wiped out because of the new site or something lol.

Offline aesthetics1

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 17:49:57 »
This is ridiculous. If I had any faith that I would actually be refunded, I would demand one. We're at the mercy of his inability to communicate. Sketchy. Not worth it. Never again.
Home: Filco Majestouch TKL MX Red | Work: Ducky Shining (Blue LED) MX Black | Collection: CM Quickfire Rapid MX Red

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 17:54:44 »
I am not sure what is going on, but I did not want to spam your e-mails.  I hoped to have updated people through Facebook.

I got an e-mail from GMK this morning, and they responded that they are working on the Tab key.  I believe that is the last thing before shipment.  They also said the latest they will ship is Friday or Monday.  Yeah, they said that multiple times, but lets hope this is the last time they said that.

If you want a refund, I'd be glad to refund you.  Please just message me or e-mail me.

Offline keymaster

« Reply #265 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:12:12 »
In Dolch We Trust!  :llama:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #266 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:23:50 »
If anyone does take a refund I'll happily take their spot!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:47:23 »
Thanks for the update Sheraton!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:57:18 »
Also interested in any cancellations.  If anyone would like a set of upcoming thick PBT dye-subs ("Ural" set, orange/charcoal), let me know :D
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 23:07:05 »

I got an e-mail from GMK this morning, and they responded that they are working on the Tab key.  I believe that is the last thing before shipment.  They also said the latest they will ship is Friday or Monday.  Yeah, they said that multiple times, but lets hope this is the last time they said that.

You will always be at the mercy of the Manufacturer.  Enough said.

I have already got the shipping quote from you Sherryton and I will pay the amount in full, this coming Wednesday 4th of September 2013.

The task of waiting for more money to roll into my bank account is a common occurrence whilst being here on Geekhack.  I spend too much moolah already, maybe it's time to slow down now.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 23:14:10 »

You will always be at the mercy of the Manufacturer.  Enough said.

I have already got the shipping quote from you Sherryton and I will pay the amount in full, this coming Wednesday 4th of September 2013.

The task of waiting for more money to roll into my bank account is a common occurrence whilst being here on Geekhack.  I spend too much moolah already, maybe it's time to slow down now.

Haha if you ever want to sell anything let me know, would be nice not to pay shipping for a change!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 03:36:30 »
Haha if you ever want to sell anything let me know, would be nice not to pay shipping for a change!

Sorry buddy I am a 100% hoarder.  I keep almost everything, simply because there is a lot of space to fill.  Plus I get that feeling when I know I've bought something last year that would look perfect on my desk.

Nothing is cataloged everything is in boxes and placed along shelves so I have to count certain steps to get to that particular box with "the particular" key-caps in them.

Offline Kayliss

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 03:45:15 »
Thanks for the update Sheraton.  :thumb: Looking forward to getting my hands on these.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 03:55:42 »
Ha so many in Australia getting these - no wonder, it costs a fortune to get an original Dolch keyboard shipped down here!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 28 August 2013, 04:10:31 »
Ha so many in Australia getting these - no wonder, it costs a fortune to get an original Dolch keyboard shipped down here!

Except me  :-\

Offline t2russo

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 12:27:06 »
I was just curious and looking back at the original estimated time to get these made:

How's that e-mail lookin?

ETA: 5 weeks.

It should be a lot sooner.  I'll keep talking to them.  The order was made more than 6 months ago...

I guess it took a little time to look for the exact Dolch colors.

Three months ago, to the day, GMK told you five weeks? After an order that was placed six months earlier?  At this point, we're so late into the buy that right now, time doesn't matter, but I'd really like an explanation from Sherryton (or PM IvanIvanovich, his recent buy is finished...) about how GMK runs things.  You have actively ordered stuff from them before in seemingly large quantities, it just doesn't make sense for them to keep blowing you off on one order.  And if these don't ship by Friday or Monday, I for one would like to start seeing some of these communications from them.  Businesses that don't deliver don't last.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 12:34:19 »
I was just curious and looking back at the original estimated time to get these made:

It should be a lot sooner.  I'll keep talking to them.  The order was made more than 6 months ago...

Three months ago, to the day, GMK told you five weeks? After an order that was placed six months earlier?  At this point, we're so late into the buy that right now, time doesn't matter, but I'd really like an explanation from Sherryton (or PM IvanIvanovich, his recent buy is finished...) about how GMK runs things.  You have actively ordered stuff from them before in seemingly large quantities, it just doesn't make sense for them to keep blowing you off on one order.  And if these don't ship by Friday or Monday, I for one would like to start seeing some of these communications from them.  Businesses that don't deliver don't last.

I'm fairly certain GMK does these small runs of keycaps for us as almost a favor. It's not like we are keeping them in business. It is probably a major headache for them to work with us.

I'm also thinking some of this time may have been spent getting some legends or things reworked not sure about that however.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 12:39:30 »

I'm fairly certain GMK does these small runs of keycaps for us as almost a favor. It's not like we are keeping them in business. It is probably a major headache for them to work with us.

I'm also thinking some of this time may have been spent getting some legends or things reworked not sure about that however.
Assuming MOQ is 400, sherry has 4 sets including dolch +rgb and red esc keys... That's close to 2000 keycap sets, at say $50 each that's $100k in under a year. Of course not profit but still..
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 August 2013, 12:59:13 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 12:55:15 »

Assuming MOQ is 400, sherry has 4 sets including dolch (and excluding rgb). That's 2000 keycap sets, at say $50 each that's $100k in under a year. Of course not profit but still..

Well when you put it all together like that, I see your point. I'm wondering what GMK's typical customers order in a year.

Offline evolyn

« Reply #279 on: Mon, 02 September 2013, 02:16:29 »
ithink gmk shipped dolch set last friday ithink its confirmed regards
Iam Looking Desprate for Championship Riven QQ

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #280 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 13:07:33 »
Sherry confirmed, Dolch is shipped.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #281 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 13:10:37 »
When will the extension set be available to order?

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #282 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 14:23:21 »

In an email or a PM??

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #283 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 14:29:43 »

In an email or a PM??

He shared the info on skype.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 14:30:04 »
Dolch set is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.  It will take a week to package.  Thanks to the people who have supported this pre-order.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #285 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 14:33:16 »
<does a happy dance>

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 15:06:55 »
thank the maker

Offline keymaster

« Reply #287 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 15:23:39 »
It shall rain Dolch as it is written in the prophecy of our keyboard forefathers.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #288 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 22:07:14 »
Sherry just sent out emails.

I'm confused as to what the email is asking.

What is an extension set?

I already pre-ordered. So, do I need to re-confirm information?

What do I need to do?

Offline ___q

« Reply #289 on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 22:20:44 »
Sherry just sent out emails.

I'm confused as to what the email is asking.

What is an extension set?

I already pre-ordered. So, do I need to re-confirm information?

What do I need to do?

This is the "base kit" (what you preordered):

This is the "extension set":

If you want to add the extension set to your order, let him know, otherwise you're probably fine.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #290 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 02:24:02 »
I didn't get an email!!! NOOOOOOOOO Sherry!!! I want the xtra kit too!!!  :-*
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #291 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 08:53:41 »
To buy the extension or not to buy the extension?  That is the question...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #292 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 08:57:23 »

Always buy the extra keys, you never know when you might need them!!  :thumb:

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #293 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 09:01:15 »

That's what I want to do. But the extension set, too.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't already included in my preorder.

So, I guess I will need to give him my Paypal email. Then he will email me an invoice. Is that right??

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #294 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 09:11:09 »

So, I guess I will need to give him my Paypal email. Then he will email me an invoice. Is that right??

Yes. I got the invoice and paid already! ;)

Offline ___q

« Reply #295 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 09:51:17 »

Yeah, I just replied saying "I already paid, but I would like to add the extension set, my paypal is asdf@asdf.com" and then I received an invoice for ~$40.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #296 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 16:52:37 »

no brainer, get them if money are not the issue

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #297 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 17:07:53 »
If someone is not going to get the extension pack, I will take it.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #298 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 17:48:13 »

This is the "extension set":

Show Image

Maybe i'm confusing things with Ivan's stuff but I thought this extension set was going to have the 1xR4 "0" and 1xR3 "-" key at minimum to make it 1800 friendly. As it currently sits you get a blank for both and with awkward profiled R4 blank for the "-". And of course the Delete/End/PgDn was always going to be funky

Sad that a set which originally came from an 1800 now won't fit an 1800 when purchased new >:(
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #299 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 17:54:01 »
What there is ISO kits?