Author Topic: Dolch Pre order  (Read 80768 times)

Offline bazemk1979

Re: Dolch Pre order
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 18:19:06 »

This is the "extension set":

Show Image

Maybe i'm confusing things with Ivan's stuff but I thought this extension set was going to have the 1xR4 "0" and 1xR3 "-" key at minimum to make it 1800 friendly. As it currently sits you get a blank for both and with awkward profiled R4 blank for the "-". And of course the Delete/End/PgDn was always going to be funky

Sad that a set which originally came from an 1800 now won't fit an 1800 when purchased new >:(

I use some white on blacks from an My7000 board onto my TKL  and honestly  I cant tell the damn difference in the height between the keys, almost no difference!!! I can see the difference between R1 and R4 but not between R1 and R2.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #301 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 18:20:50 »
What there is ISO kits?

yup, the big enter key with some x1 blanks matching row and the small right shift, wont cover all ISO layouts out there, but will cover the majotiry of ISO users, about 95%

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 18:22:26 »
I really love the ISO backspace/tab with no text and just arrows :thumb:
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #303 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 18:56:40 »
Sad that a set which originally came from an 1800 now won't fit an 1800 when purchased new >:(

I know, but that's what it's like being an 1800 owner/fan.  Very little attention and you get ignored in nearly every Group Buy run here on GH.

I don't see much difference with any forth coming Group Buys because the organizers deem that the 1800 has very little support in this community  :'( .

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 19:03:44 »
Is this still possible to jump on? I really want it with ISO addon set!

Offline ___q

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 19:25:58 »
Is this still possible to jump on? I really want it with ISO addon set!

I don't think its been available to place new orders for quite some time, though you can check with sherry to see if someone backed out or something, I guess.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #306 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 19:27:33 »
phucking hyped for the windowed caps and whatnot

Offline rao2100

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 04 September 2013, 20:26:55 »
I hope everything ships in order, have $260 (Dolch, BSP, springs, stickers) in.
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #308 on: Thu, 05 September 2013, 00:27:03 »
Oh **** I didn't see the windowed.  Getting this.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #309 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 02:32:48 »
Oh nice! Windowed keys is a nice surprise.

Offline r3dx

« Reply #310 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 10:34:51 »
So sad I missed out on this  :(
Filco MJ2 Ninja | CM Storm QFR | CM Storm QFR | IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | ErgoDox |
LZ-GH

Offline toast

« Reply #311 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 12:08:50 »
Oh maaaaaaaan! @.@  I can't wait for that shipping notification.  Gimegimegime.

Offline calavera

« Reply #312 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 02:08:28 »
Anyone get invoice for the extra set? I got an invoice for $38 from a complete stranger with no info whatsoever. Wtf

Offline Sai

« Reply #313 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 02:40:45 »
Anyone get invoice for the extra set? I got an invoice for $38 from a complete stranger with no info whatsoever. Wtf

you should have gotten an email from sherry saying he's sending an invoice from another pp account.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #314 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 07:39:16 »

it was an email for PP charge from a different user yes, that was for the add on sets

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #315 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 00:59:52 »
I think sherryton is now doing the order sorting and packaging.  He has received everyone's payment hence it's the big job of getting everyone's stuff out.

Remember he's by himself, so don't forget he's not insanely fast like i3oiler (I still can't forget how quickly that guy ships stuff out).

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #316 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 04:56:53 »
Just filled out Sherryton's Email Google Form with suggestions on upcoming items that will appear on his site.

Looks like a lot of interesting stuff coming his way.  I just hope he can choose some future colour ways for keysets.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #317 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 05:05:10 »
I just hope he can choose some future colour ways for keysets.

Me too, I'll buy any new colorways with Cherry legends. Even pink. And I HATE pink.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #318 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 09:36:12 »
Just received an email:

Dear friends,

Invoices are going out really well.  I just wanted to thank everyone for the support again.  The package arrived, and we are about 65% done with packaging.  There are still some problems which is why I am sending out this e-mail.  As you guys know from the picture, the Windows and Menu key are available as is.  The space bar is not center stemmed, so I have to get them to reproduce those again.  I am not really happy with the LED Window keys because the Pad Print legend font is not too strong, so I hope they will fix that. 

I just calculated this new set, and it is quite costly.  I'm going to probably start an order again after we ship the Dolch out.  I want to make sure all I send out all pre orders first before another purchase happens.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #319 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 12:34:11 »
Just received an email:

Dear friends,

Invoices are going out really well.  I just wanted to thank everyone for the support again.  The package arrived, and we are about 65% done with packaging.  There are still some problems which is why I am sending out this e-mail.  As you guys know from the picture, the Windows and Menu key are available as is.  The space bar is not center stemmed, so I have to get them to reproduce those again.  I am not really happy with the LED Window keys because the Pad Print legend font is not too strong, so I hope they will fix that. 

I just calculated this new set, and it is quite costly.  I'm going to probably start an order again after we ship the Dolch out.  I want to make sure all I send out all pre orders first before another purchase happens.

So, all the space bars were made incorrectly.

So, what kind of delay is that going to be?

Offline zoidbergslo

« Reply #320 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 12:40:40 »
I actually like windows and menu keycaps from photo :) Too bad we will have to wait for new spacebars.
Filco Tenkeyless

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #321 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 12:42:59 »
I believe they accidentally made original cherry 6.25 spacebar molds instead of the modern 6.25 one

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #322 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 12:47:28 »
Is it just me or does GMK seem like a massive pain in the ass to deal with? BSP too.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #323 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 12:49:08 »
Is it just me or does GMK seem like a massive pain in the ass to deal with? BSP too.

Can't have the honey without the bees haha ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #324 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 15:10:34 »

Can't have the honey without the bees haha ;)

Wrong GB http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46824.0 ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rao2100

« Reply #325 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 19:04:16 »
I actually like windows and menu keycaps from photo :) Too bad we will have to wait for new spacebars.

Which photo?

I didnt see any photo in the email from him.
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline ___q

« Reply #326 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 19:20:34 »

I agree, but I think that these companies tend to deal with much larger companies/orders than GH tends to send them, so they may have less incentive to care and/or may not be set up for the logistics of such small orders/manufacturing runs/etc.

Offline zoidbergslo

« Reply #327 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 19:59:38 »

Which photo?

I didnt see any photo in the email from him.
Check one page back
Filco Tenkeyless

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #328 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 08:52:22 »
Totally in if R2 ever starts!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #329 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 15:09:24 »
Totally in if R2 ever starts!

Hopefully R2 would be a bit smoother, now that the gotchas are known.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline keymaster

« Reply #330 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 20:31:18 »
Here's another mass email I just received for those of you who are not on the mailing list:

Hey guys,

I'm here to give the latest update about the 6.25x space bar.  GMK is working on it, and is planned to ship at the mid of next week.  Everything will be ready by then, and the 6.25x space bar will be the last to package right before it ships.  Everything is about 70% done packaging because we had to await our 4th (4 packages had shipped from FedEx, but only 3 arrived last week) package which arrived today.  This means every order (all US and International orders) will be shipped between 9/23 - 10/2 (if everything goes as planned).

I wanted to know if anyone wanted the Filco or Realforce Aluminum cases.  I am doing a group buy, and I need 12 orders in either of the cases to proceed with those group buys.  The price are as follows:

Realforce 86/87: $225
Filco Majestouch 87: $210

The price does not include shipping.  The group buy ends on the 22nd of this month.  I am sorry for the short notice.  I will do another update on the forum.  Please let me know if you are interested.

Here is the information for the Realforce and Filco:

http://kbdmod.com/web/detailimg/RealForce_DB.jpg
http://kbdmod.com/web/detailimg/Maje_DB.jpg

If you have any interest at all, then e-mail me.  I will give you the specifications in English tonight.

Thank you guys for all the feedback on the google spreadsheet.  It seems like Coffee and Cream and a set in Purple is the favorite.

Kind Regards

Sheraton

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #331 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 01:00:55 »
Here's another mass email I just received for those of you who are not on the mailing list:

Hey guys,

I'm here to give the latest update about the 6.25x space bar.  GMK is working on it, and is planned to ship at the mid of next week.  Everything will be ready by then, and the 6.25x space bar will be the last to package right before it ships.  Everything is about 70% done packaging because we had to await our 4th (4 packages had shipped from FedEx, but only 3 arrived last week) package which arrived today.  This means every order (all US and International orders) will be shipped between 9/23 - 10/2 (if everything goes as planned).

I wanted to know if anyone wanted the Filco or Realforce Aluminum cases.  I am doing a group buy, and I need 12 orders in either of the cases to proceed with those group buys.  The price are as follows:

Realforce 86/87: $225
Filco Majestouch 87: $210

The price does not include shipping.  The group buy ends on the 22nd of this month.  I am sorry for the short notice.  I will do another update on the forum.  Please let me know if you are interested.

Here is the information for the Realforce and Filco:

http://kbdmod.com/web/detailimg/RealForce_DB.jpg
http://kbdmod.com/web/detailimg/Maje_DB.jpg

If you have any interest at all, then e-mail me.  I will give you the specifications in English tonight.

Thank you guys for all the feedback on the google spreadsheet.  It seems like Coffee and Cream and a set in Purple is the favorite.

Kind Regards

Sheraton

These cases aren't Vortex. They look like they will fit better.

Are the case colors only black and silver?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #332 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 01:05:14 »
That RealForce - gotta be my dream keyboard atm.

If only I had a large amount of disposable income.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 02:19:24 »
That RealForce - gotta be my dream keyboard atm.

For me, it's the Filco Case all the way  :thumb: .  It'll go perfect with almost any Key-set designed on here at Geekhack.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #334 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 02:55:11 »
Oh god I need that filco case :D
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #335 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 06:02:18 »
Are any of you going to take him up on his offer?

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #336 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 12:02:07 »
If I win the lottery

Offline ___q

« Reply #337 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 12:04:18 »

If I can get a RF case without the gaudy text engraved on it, I may.

The only thing that could make the 87U better is a metal case and blank white keycaps  ;)
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 September 2013, 12:33:29 by ___q »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #338 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 20:08:41 »
The only thing that could make the 87U better is a metal case and blank white keycaps  ;)

That was the deciding thing being stuck with next to NO available keycaps.  But if you're willing to spend huge amounts buying it off members here on Geekhack it may suit keeping the Realforce.

But I gave up on it long ago, due to Cherry being such a prime vehicle for massive customization with almost any shape of keyboard/key-caps imaginable.

Offline ___q

« Reply #339 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 20:24:23 »

That was the deciding thing being stuck with next to NO available keycaps.  But if you're willing to spend huge amounts buying it off members here on Geekhack it may suit keeping the Realforce.

But I gave up on it long ago, due to Cherry being such a prime vehicle for massive customization with almost any shape of keyboard/key-caps imaginable.

Yeah, that does kind of suck.  I like topre, at least for work, because silenced topre is nice and quiet (and I've never been a fan of o-rings etc. on cherry).

Supposedly topre/realforce/leopold/whoever actually makes these things is opening a new factory (in the next month?)  and there might be ability to get new orders of keycaps made at some point in the future.  I've only heard this kind of second-or-third-hand though (the original source was the EK guy I think), so who actually knows.

That being said, I'm definitely willing to spend "huge amounts" buying them from a GH member, for some definition of "huge" :p

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #340 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 20:35:41 »
Supposedly topre/realforce/leopold/whoever actually makes these things is opening a new factory (in the next month?)  and there might be ability to get new orders of keycaps made at some point in the future.  I've only heard this kind of second-or-third-hand though (the original source was the EK guy I think), so who actually knows.

That being said, I'm definitely willing to spend "huge amounts" buying them from a GH member, for some definition of "huge" :p

Huge being $250 plus on one key-set for a Topre (shipping included).  For that same amount I can buy an actual Realforce keyboard, which I refuse to do now.

I've heard rumours for the past two years of that so-called claim of another company opening up to provide extra key-caps.  Needless to say it's another fantasy quote from the illusionist himself at EK, and he knows who I am talking about here.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #341 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 20:58:54 »
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to make another update.

2 days ago on 9/19, GMK shipped out the space bars.  Everything is still on schedule to ship out this week.  The space bar will most likely arrive on Monday.  I am 90% done with packaging.  Everything is done except half of the Alpha keys and the 6.25x space bar.

Thanks for hearing me out.

I am sorry for not making updates here more often.  I thought e-mails worked out.  It seems a few of you guys were not okay with just e-mails. 
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 September 2013, 21:02:27 by sherryton »

Offline keymaster

« Reply #342 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 21:04:27 »
My body is ready.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #343 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 22:34:43 »
I am sorry for not making updates here more often.  I thought e-mails worked out.  It seems a few of you guys were not okay with just e-mails.

Yep I got your emails and they have informed me perfectly on when they will be available for shipping.  But everyone comes to Geekhack, hence the need for info every half hour would complete our sad and empty lives :thumb: .

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #344 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 23:33:56 »
It would be great to at least get a status update once a week at a minimum on the proper forum.

Sometimes more often than once a week is needed. It depends on different factors.

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #345 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 14:53:07 »
Thanks for the update Sherryton! All of our bodies are ready!
My only question is why some get the emails and others do not? Not a big issue though. Been stalking your FB  page regularly ;]

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #346 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 20:50:53 »
Thanks for the update Sherryton! All of our bodies are ready!
My only question is why some get the emails and others do not? Not a big issue though. Been stalking your FB  page regularly ;]

I have missed one or a few.  It's not the most organized, but I will make sure to implement a different system.

The 6.25x space bars have arrived today.  I will finish packaging tonight.  Ship it out all this week (or I REALLY hope to).

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #347 on: Mon, 23 September 2013, 22:15:08 »
The 6.25x space bars have arrived today.  I will finish packaging tonight.  Ship it out all this week (or I REALLY hope to).

Great, just make sure every order has their component added correctly and shipped  flawlessly.

Of course it means it takes time, hence take the appropriate amount of time but don't rush it needlessly - because that means errors will most likely occur.

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #348 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 01:20:19 »
When will this be up on the site with the extension kit? I really want one of dem GMKs :(
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #349 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 01:27:48 »
When will this be up on the site with the extension kit? I really want one of dem GMKs :(

Unfortunately you've missed the boat mate, they did pre-sales on the website and it sold out a few months ago.