Author Topic: HHKB BLE Mod not recognized  (Read 1600 times)

Offline liquidvel

HHKB BLE Mod not recognized
« on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 03:06:58 »
I have an HHKB 2 with this BLE Mod. Today I've pugged it in via USB cable but it was not recognized. I also can't use it via Bluetooth. I can connect to it but I can't type anything. I've tried it on Windows and MacOS. Anybody has some experience or recommondation on that problem?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: HHKB BLE Mod not recognized
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 03:49:07 »
You could have got really unlucky with the timing of plugging it in and corrupted the firmware while it was being read - try flashing your layout again.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline liquidvel

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 04:08:57 »
Hi, thank you it works again! I think I've lost my pairing list because of reflashing the firmware.
I'm confused with all the states the keyboard can have (BT switch off/on, switch off but manually toggle BT with keyboard shortcuts etc.).
I can't get the HHKB paired with my macbook anymore.

I've already read this: http://help.ydkb.io/doku.php?id=en:ble-series:macos-pairing

If I look at the backside of the keyboard, so the USB is to the left of the BT switch, the switch is currently turned to the right.
I connect the USB cable, the red led is on (but not blinking) and the green led is blinking and turns off after a while.
I cant find the device on my macbook. Any suggestions?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 16:27:51 »
Sorry but no, the above fix applies to most DIY boards so it was worth a shot but I've never used the HHKB BLE or MacOS for that matter.  I would expect it to pair based on the hardware ID which shouldn't change when you flash the firmware...

Does the BT work with anything other than the Mac?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod