Author Topic: Cream Switches "Lego Building" Sound  (Read 4849 times)

Offline pariset

Cream Switches "Lego Building" Sound
« on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 08:31:16 »
So I'm new to the custom keyboard community and wanted to build my first custom keyboard. I was thinking of getting the tokyo60 v4 (Drop) and cream switches. I prefer the sound of taehas build for tfue and koen romers prophet build with cream switches. How do I replicate (not completely but close to) that "lego building"/poppy sound. I watched different videos of cream switches and many of them sound very different from taehas and koens. Would the tokyo 60 and cream switches be able to replicate that sound? If not do yall have any recommendations in order to make my keyboard sound like taehas and koens. (The tokyo 60 has a CNC Chassis with an integrated plate and a 2 piece aluminum construction). Thanks!

Offline hent

Re: Cream Switches "Lego Building" Sound
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 12:57:51 »
There are quite a bit of things to track of when it comes to the sound that the keyboard/switches produces. The main thing that will help you achieve the sound you want for that build would be lubing and maybe filming your switches. I don't know if other lube would produce different sound since I only have krytox 205g0. I can say that the different films will not all produce the same noise. I have deskeys films and tx films and I have to say that the tx films produces a louder "thocc". The types and quality of keycaps will also affect the sound and I would say that gmk keycaps generally produce a "clack" compared to something like infinikey keycaps.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 November 2020, 13:08:26 by hent »

Offline pariset

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 15:02:29 »
Thanks! is it possible that different plates make different sounds? cuz this one has an integrated plate. Is it better to have an aluminum or brass plate rather than an integrated plate? Thank u again

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 13:35:10 »
All personal preferences
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline hent

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 17:31:57 »
I would say every part of the keyboard can alter the sound. It is just that some parts of the keyboard will have a more dramatic change in sound. As to what material is better, just like the other guy said it is personal preference.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 November 2020, 16:00:45 by hent »