Author Topic: [IC] Tan Mix'n'match keyset  (Read 1828 times)

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
[IC] Tan Mix'n'match keyset
« on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 05:16:55 »
Hey all
I haven't been doing a ton with keyboards lately, but some ideas have been wondering into my mind for keycap color schemes, and I thought I'd share one of the ones I like most.
I've found that I personally like how a lot of dark mod colors look with a basic tan set of alphas (I've put some examples below). I thought that it might be cool to run a set of alphas like this with options of which mod set to choose. Not sure what profile/manufacturer would be most preferred, but I must say I'm inclined to shoot for something SP as the low MOQs would make multiple modifier kits easier.

Here are some examples I've thrown together quickly on KBLE (note that I've only made 60% examples, but I'd prefer to run this as a TKL set):

Note: All color codes are SP ABS, but I could try to find similar colors if people want GMK or SP PBT
Link to SP ABS swatches

'Desert' - TEA Alphas with YW mods

'Beach' - TEA Alphas with BO mods

'I have no idea what to call this one' - TEA Alphas with RAS mods

'Forest' (is this too close to 23 Commando?) - TEA Alphas with VCJ mods

Input I'd love:
Which mod color is your favourite?

What other mod colors would you like to see?

Assuming all the mod colors you want are offered, would you consider buying multiple mod sets along with a single alphas set?

What manufacturer/material/profile would you like?

I personally am pretty attached to the "symmetrical" mod style as I've presented above, but would you like the option to have the classic asymmetrical style as another option (aka tilda and tab in alpha colors)?

Also any other feedback you care to give.

Thanks everyone!

« Last Edit: Thu, 05 January 2017, 09:23:13 by trenzafeeds »
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [IC] Tan alphas with colored mods
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 08:31:39 »
'I have no idea what to call this one' has basically already been done in this colorway

Not keen on Desert, I like Beach, but Forest is my favorite.

Profile wise, I loath SA. DSA is a maybe for me, but JTK/GMK would be a definitely.

Ah **** you edited:
1. Forest
2. Pink, then Purple
3. Yes
4. JTK/GMK/DSA in that order
5. Options for both please

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
Re: [IC] Tan alphas with colored mods
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 08:57:43 »
'I have no idea what to call this one' has basically already been done in this colorway

I think if you check out RAS here versus RBD (the otaku color) here you'll see that they actually look pretty different. Thanks for the warning though, I'll definately make sure that no matter who they're potentially manufactured by the red stays dark enough to be distinguishable.

Also:
Here's what I'm thinking for a base kit:

then here for an example add-on kit:

note that the tilda, backslash, arrow, and escape keys are in both kits. I'd love to keep it that way to give people options but that of course depends on costs as well. Also I know those legends look ****ed up. I just like rendering with DSA font size, but we can talk about legends once a profile is decided.

PS: Xondat, what do you think of the purple? I think darker will float better than a lighter purple personally.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.