Author Topic: Must have retro set  (Read 7127 times)

Offline Dansor

Must have retro set
« on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 21:35:43 »
 ;D

I just received a bunch of keys from you, so thanks for that.  Quality was great.  :thumb:

However, is there any chance you'll be restocking the full  and ten-key retro set?
Aside from the fact that I would literally figuratively kill for the Commodore key alone, the full key-set is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Plus I really need a new keyset now because my drool has almost eaten through my existing keys.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Must have retro set
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 21:38:00 »
There is a set for sale in the classifieds.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46277.msg976028.msg#976028
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 September 2013, 21:41:56 by SpAmRaY »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 21:38:52 »
Classifieds are probably your best shot.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 September 2013, 23:27:54 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dansor

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 07:46:58 »
Perfect, thanks for the suggestions and link.

I sent the lister a PM, so hopefully I can snag them.  The missing space bar is going to kick my OCD into high gear, but I'll just have to keep my eyes open for one :)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 09:28:32 »
There are a few guys that bought an absurd number of space bars from that GB.

Offline Dansor

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 10:17:44 »
Curses curses curses curses curses.   :'(
Already has a perspective buyer.  Guess I'll have to keep searching and keep my eyes peeled.

This is indeed a dark day...

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 14:15:30 »
I have spacebars left.  A donation to GH may be a good idea to help me decide to ship any of them.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 15:31:14 »
Curses curses curses curses curses.   :'(
Already has a perspective buyer.  Guess I'll have to keep searching and keep my eyes peeled.

This is indeed a dark day...

They pop up, they always do.  Keep watching the classifieds.  That's how I ended up with CCnG (before R2), Red Alert (before klaxon), an OG KMAC, and a Cheat.