Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4183199 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #27100 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 13:46:39 »

edit - Compendium.. if anyone knows of tmux and specifically HOW to change the pane line border character specifically let a brÖther know.  Because ddg is not showing a brÖther what a brÖther needs.  I need this.  Like really really.  I got UTF-8, konsole has me kovered but like there's no documentation as to how one simply changes the pane border line character.  So naturally one would be thankful for such.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 September 2019, 00:27:42 by csmertx »

Offline guptaji

« Reply #27101 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 01:56:08 »

Start playing MMORPG.. many players have had success quitting cigs.

Many also move onto coffee

The addiction is still fundamentally there, but that's normal, and it's harm reduced.

[/quote]

Tea worked for me, green tea to be exact. I ended up swapping one addiction for the next. Still don't know how it worked, though, but I am glad it did

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27102 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 02:12:01 »

Start playing MMORPG.. many players have had success quitting cigs.

Many also move onto coffee

The addiction is still fundamentally there, but that's normal, and it's harm reduced.

Tea worked for me, green tea to be exact. I ended up swapping one addiction for the next. Still don't know how it worked, though, but I am glad it did
[/quote]

I knew a guy that traded a heroin addiction for extreme physical activity. He looked like the terminator.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27103 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 00:58:10 »
every time you want to smoke a ciggy just shove some pencil lead into your urethra and it will make the craving go away

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #27104 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 06:13:18 »
every time you want to smoke a ciggy just shove some pencil lead into your urethra and it will make the craving go away

Doing this will make ALL cravings go away I think  :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27105 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 18:49:42 »
Stabbed myself in the arm at work yesterday, it's a nice clean 2mm square hole so the first aider just said to cover it and all good.  On removing the plaster (band-aid in US speak) once home I found the hole was full of gooey yellowish stuff, so I tried to remove it.  More followed like a thick blobby string to the point I got a bit worried and stuffed it back in before covering the hole again.  I had to go to the doctor for the cause of my clumsiness today anyway so got it checked and they confirmed it's just the layer of flesh that lives beneath the skin leaking out and nothing to worry about.  It's still gross though.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #27106 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 19:34:15 »
Stabbed myself in the arm at work yesterday, it's a nice clean 2mm square hole so the first aider just said to cover it and all good.  On removing the plaster (band-aid in US speak) once home I found the hole was full of gooey yellowish stuff, so I tried to remove it.  More followed like a thick blobby string to the point I got a bit worried and stuffed it back in before covering the hole again.  I had to go to the doctor for the cause of my clumsiness today anyway so got it checked and they confirmed it's just the layer of flesh that lives beneath the skin leaking out and nothing to worry about.  It's still gross though.

Gonna need to see that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #27107 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 20:15:26 »

hahahaha.. you tried to put it back ? hahahahaha

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27108 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 00:39:54 »

pics pls

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27109 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 03:51:14 »
Any idea how hard it is to take pics of the underside of your forearm?  Give it a go :))

There were three options, looking back I probably picked the right one?

• 1 - Keep pulling.  Unsurprisingly pulling the stuffing out of my arm felt really weird so I didn't want to.
  • Cut it off.  Thought about it, but as with taking a pic it's not in the most helpful place so thought better of it.
  • Wait ~12 hours and get it checked by a professional.   Can't leave it hanging out so best stuff it back in!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27110 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 03:53:55 »
Any idea how hard it is to take pics of the underside of your forearm?  Give it a go :))

Show Image

Show Image

There were three options, looking back I probably picked the right one?

• 1 - Keep pulling.  Unsurprisingly pulling the stuffing out of my arm felt really weird so I didn't want to.
  • Cut it off.  Thought about it, but as with taking a pic it's not in the most helpful place so thought better of it.
  • Wait ~12 hours and get it checked by a professional.   Can't leave it hanging out so best stuff it back in!

Well, if you pulled it out, then put it back, it could became infected, you could get a blood infection which travels ur whole circuit and Killz u Super gud'

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27111 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 04:09:04 »

Well, if you pulled it out, then put it back, it could became infected, you could get a blood infection which travels ur whole circuit and Killz u Super gud'

I showered first and as you can see there's no redness around it so I'm good.  Having just finished my third course of antibiotics in just over a month may have helped!  If only they'd fixed the actual problem this would never have happened though, that bothers me.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #27112 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 04:40:32 »
Have you never had this as a child?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27113 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 04:51:55 »

I showered first and as you can see there's no redness around it so I'm good.  Having just finished my third course of antibiotics in just over a month may have helped!  If only they'd fixed the actual problem this would never have happened though, that bothers me.

U gotta take a pr0biotic now to regrow them stomach biome.  Otherwise your digestive capabilities will not be optimal.

eat lotzo raw fruits/vegetables wit the skin intact

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27114 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 04:59:04 »
Have you never had this as a child?
Most wounds have thick yellow liquid in but no, I've never seen this stringy stuff before.  Maybe I'm just lucky.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27115 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 05:37:18 »
ever watch those cyst popping videos?

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #27116 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 06:19:47 »

That is some wild content.
Like the huge ones on people’s backs that just gush nasty black and yellow puss etc.

My stomach folds in on itself just typing that

Offline iri

« Reply #27117 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 16:36:50 »
NT likes such stuff.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #27118 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 16:51:52 »

🤮

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27120 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 03:22:19 »
No.  I don't do gore in movies either...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27121 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 05:00:55 »
Was going to do some stem swaps for the first time in ages, but can't find my switch top tools.  Damn this never-ending mental fuzz :mad:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27122 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 08:31:37 »
Was going to do some stem swaps for the first time in ages, but can't find my switch top tools.  Damn this never-ending mental fuzz :mad:

uu eatzn' ur veggies ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27123 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 08:55:01 »

uu eatzn' ur veggies ?
Yes.  I've also 'eaten' three courses of antibiotics in the past five weeks and now I'm supposed to wait a week to prove it's not just side effects of all the pills or fatigue due to recovering from the infection that may or may not have been cured (test pending)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #27124 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 08:58:38 »

:(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27125 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 09:14:24 »

Yes.  I've also 'eaten' three courses of antibiotics in the past five weeks and now I'm supposed to wait a week to prove it's not just side effects of all the pills or fatigue due to recovering from the infection that may or may not have been cured (test pending)

Where on this anatomically correct doll did the bacteria infect you ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27126 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 09:30:28 »

If the doctors are to be believed the first time it was in the middle (UTI), the second my right knee (it did swell up and was hot and red so hard to argue this one), then (still?) the middle.  The only time I felt human in August was the two days after I finished the pills for my knee :confused:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27127 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 10:07:00 »

If the doctors are to be believed the first time it was in the middle (UTI), the second my right knee (it did swell up and was hot and red so hard to argue this one), then (still?) the middle.  The only time I felt human in August was the two days after I finished the pills for my knee :confused:

Yikes,  Did you get the cranberry Juice,  read Cran helps with UTI

Also, were thinking the other day maybe get one of those bidet addons. But they're so darn xpensive.   n' Tp just bough laptop , so  cleaner butt will have wait.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27128 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 10:39:02 »
Been browsing Netflix for an hour....nothing I want to watch.....

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27129 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 11:25:45 »

Did you watch Altered Carbon ? Warning (2 much n00d @ times)

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #27130 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 11:27:26 »

There’s a new glass blowing competition that was pretty cool. “Blown Away”

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27131 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 11:29:13 »

Did you watch Altered Carbon ? Warning (2 much n00d @ times)
Watched it all straight through when it came out, stayed up all night.

I watched a little of that with the wife one day it's pretty cool.

But for now I just turned the tv off.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27132 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 13:56:05 »
How do you tell when oatmilk is expired? There's no way to tell.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27133 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 18:01:19 »

Does it have an expiry date on the packet?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27134 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 01:51:50 »

Does it have an expiry date on the packet?

Yeah, but I imagine it's like milk where that only matters until you open it and then the milk goes bad when you leave the room and come back.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #27135 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 02:42:17 »
Show Image

edit - Compendium.. if anyone knows of tmux and specifically HOW to change the pane line border character specifically let a brÖther know.  Because ddg is not showing a brÖther what a brÖther needs.  I need this.  Like really really.  I got UTF-8, konsole has me kovered but like there's no documentation as to how one simply changes the pane border line character.  So naturally one would be thankful for such.

Is this of any use to you? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8483798/tmux-borders-displayed-as-x-q-instead-of-lines
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #27136 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 12:03:07 »
Show Image

Is this of any use to you? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8483798/tmux-borders-displayed-as-x-q-instead-of-lines

Gah, I wish.  When I read this thread earlier, part of me wanted to break my locale.conf/tmux.conf/konsole config just to see what x's would look like lol. 

I guess I'll stick with boring lines, but thanks for poking around.

Offline iri

« Reply #27137 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 12:20:11 »
too much leetcode

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #27138 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 13:03:50 »
I've run through most of my shoes and now I'm down to my desert contractor style Wellco T180 X-4orce hiking boots.  The soles squeak like crazy.. hardwood floors and squeaky shoes.. I'm cool with sounding like a basketball pro but damn it's weird how much they squeak.  I've taken the insoles out to make sure it's the soles and yep, it's the soles that squeak.  They've lasted me 5+ years so I guess I just have to deal with it.

btw, tmuxinator makes me weak in the bees knees

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27139 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 17:58:52 »
One solution for squeaky leather shoes is to rub the all over the insides with cheap hand lotion (the greasier the better) and walk around for a while with white cotton socks that can get the residue laundered out of them. If they aren't leather, I don't know.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #27140 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 18:23:34 »
Sigh, canvas uppers

Offline Starius

« Reply #27141 on: Sun, 15 September 2019, 18:52:54 »
Way way back in the 1990s, I used to have a hex editor that allowed me to extract pictures and sounds from DOS based .exe files. 
But now, I can't find any that will do that.  Mind you, I'm still trying to extract sounds from the same old DOS based .exe files... but I can't find a modern hex editor that will do it... or maybe I just can't figure out modern hex editors. 

Offline iri

« Reply #27142 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 04:20:17 »
ewww, shoes

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #27143 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 09:46:41 »
Yep.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #27144 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 12:14:31 »
What is really bothering me rightnow is seeing that f*****g disgusting picture poping in tapatalk each time someone replies
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27145 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 12:44:34 »
What is really bothering me rightnow is seeing that f*****g disgusting picture poping in tapatalk each time someone replies
Show Image

/headscratch

it's just an arm ..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #27146 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 22:54:16 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #27147 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 15:09:14 »

Oooooooh!  This is relevant to my interests.  Thanks for the recommendation.  :D

Offline h.parks

« Reply #27148 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 15:52:02 »
how nice good ABS SA profile feels on a dactyl, but how just-not-right-enough-to-be-annoying it feels to type on 123344 instead of 112343 profiles.

it's originative SA Penumbra 123344 : /
Bottom-Mount Alps Dactyl | Ergodox | PLA75 | SA Penumbra | DSA Blanks | GMK First Love

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #27149 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 16:30:33 »

Oooooooh!  This is relevant to my interests.  Thanks for the recommendation.  :D

I really Enjoyed it. Definitely felt like it deserved 45-60 minutes instead of the 22-25 that it gets. A lot of it felt rushed. But some of the things they do with glass is so cool.