Author Topic: [GB] Flame 60% WK-WKL GB DATE 12th JAN  (Read 5211 times)

Offline CLAP_STUDIO

[GB] Flame 60% WK-WKL GB DATE 12th JAN
« on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 03:18:09 »
Hi guys, Big A here! Finally here to announce the GB!
280908-0
Keyboard specs:
6063 aluminum
6.5° degree typing angle
PCB: QMK/VIA Compatible, Daughter Board Type C design
Gasket mount (poron gaskets)
3.5MM dampener between plate and PCB
1.5-2MM bottom case dampener
280924-1280910-2280926-3
Keyboard parts:
Top, bottom case (aluminum anodized+e finishes)
Middle frame Brass+sand blasted finish
Bottom plate (brass+sand blast)
Plates (Aluminum, Fr4 PC full plates) Half plates files will be release after the GB
Badge (aluminum anodized) E-white or yellow ish.
PCB Solder+Daughter board
280912-4
Weight and dimensions:
Width: 297.75MM or (11.7 inch)
Depth: 108.25MM or (4.2 inch)
Front height: 20MM or (0.7 inch)
Weight (without any kind of plate): 1.6KG or (3.5LBS)
280914-5
Case finishes:
Anodized: Black, navy blue, wine red
PC
E-white
E-yellow “burgundy”
280916-6
GroupBuy Information,Vendors, Quantity
US: Keyspensory: 100 units
Canada: Deskhero: 30 units
EU: Candykeys: 70 units
SEA: Zion Studios: 50 units
Oceania: DailyClack: 50 units
UK: Prototypist:30 units
CN: Zfrontier or CLAP: 50 units
Format: FCFS and raffle according to vendor
Total Quantity: 380 units
ETA: 6 Months (June 2022)

Pricing:
Base kit 450USD includes:
Aluminum case
Mid brass piece
Bottom brass weight
Aluminum plate
Solder PCB
Poron gaskets
Other necessary parts

Extras pricing:Plates
Alu      25$
Fr4      20$
PC      30$
Extras pricing:Weight
Brass   90$
Extras pricing:PCB
Solder   40$

280918-7280920-8280922-9
Alexotos prototype build VOD

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/clap__studio__/
Discord:discord.gg/C7rPhkAr3U

I would like to thank all the vendors for helping out with the GB, thanks to Freather for the PCB design, thanks to Yogurt and York for amazing renders, thanks to everyone who supported this project from the beginning. From the bottom of the heart, wish you all a great new 2022!
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 January 2022, 03:12:34 by CLAP_STUDIO »

Offline Totoro

Re: [GB] Flame 60% WK-WKL GB DATE 12th JAN
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 23:47:19 »
nice

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 00:27:25 »
There were some issues with the screws fixing the mid-piece to the top-piece (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1260883270?t=0h51m45s) that came up on Mechmerlin's stream, not to mention some very large ano flaws (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1260883270?t=1h12m14s). For a $450 board these oversights are quite concerning.

Were the ano flaws an isolated QC issue? If similar units are shipped for the GB, are refunds available or are they in-line with QC policy?

Is the issue with the midpiece screws going to be present in the GB version? Or was this an outdated prototype?

Offline CLAP_STUDIO

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 23:32:57 »
There were some issues with the screws fixing the mid-piece to the top-piece (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1260883270?t=0h51m45s) that came up on Mechmerlin's stream, not to mention some very large ano flaws (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1260883270?t=1h12m14s). For a $450 board these oversights are quite concerning.

Were the ano flaws an isolated QC issue? If similar units are shipped for the GB, are refunds available or are they in-line with QC policy?

Is the issue with the midpiece screws going to be present in the GB version? Or was this an outdated prototype?

This was the R2 prototype sent last year, I've waited too long for the stream since we already have an R3 prototype. So yeah.....

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 00:51:51 »

This was the R2 prototype sent last year, I've waited too long for the stream since we already have an R3 prototype. So yeah.....

Sorry - could you please answer the questions:

1. If similar anodisation flaws are present in GB units, will you be offering refunds?

2. Have the midpiece screws been fixed for the GB units? If so, could you please post photos of the R3 prototypes showing the corrections that have been made.

Offline CLAP_STUDIO

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 04:24:24 »

Sorry - could you please answer the questions:

1. If similar anodisation flaws are present in GB units, will you be offering refunds?

2. Have the midpiece screws been fixed for the GB units? If so, could you please post photos of the R3 prototypes showing the corrections that have been made.

This is what prototypes are for, to find problems and fix them. The ano is solved however I did not feel there is need to fix the mid piece screws because other streamers as well as myself didn't find anything wrong with it. It is extreme because there is just so little space for the M2 however it does not affect anything in particular. So if you do dislike the design, its all right! Not every single board is perfect for someone so. Hope I answered your questions. :)

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 04:58:40 »
You've dodged my first question twice, so I am going to assume that if GB units ship with the same ano flaws that Merlin's unit had, you won't be offering refunds.

It's disappointing that the screw issue wasn't addressed at all - the concerns were regarding longevity and durability, not function during a single build stream, so the fact that you "didn't find anything wrong with it" is not reassuring at all.

And yes, I understand that this is a hobby of preference, but I am not asking questions about preference here. I am asking questions about the quality of a product you're selling for $450. There's nobody out there who prefers screws that crack after half a dozen re-builds, or ano with large chips in it.

Offline CLAP_STUDIO

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 05:26:12 »
You've dodged my first question twice, so I am going to assume that if GB units ship with the same ano flaws that Merlin's unit had, you won't be offering refunds.

It's disappointing that the screw issue wasn't addressed at all - the concerns were regarding longevity and durability, not function during a single build stream, so the fact that you "didn't find anything wrong with it" is not reassuring at all.

And yes, I understand that this is a hobby of preference, but I am not asking questions about preference here. I am asking questions about the quality of a product you're selling for $450. There's nobody out there who prefers screws that crack after half a dozen re-builds, or ano with large chips in it.

1. I did not dodge your questions.
2. If there were to be any issues with the board, I will fully refund all the expenses.
3. I can assure you the durability of the mid piece and the screws, we have ran trough extensive tests before, so you can screen shot this or do whatever you feel like is necessary.
4. If you don't trust the quality or whatsoever then maybe this isn't the right board for you which is totally fine.

p.s I told you the board Merlin received was an R2 proto which was a very very long time ago. So lets not pick on the prototype all the time ok?
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 January 2022, 05:30:25 by CLAP_STUDIO »

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 06:10:29 »
I told you the board Merlin received was an R2 proto which was a very very long time ago. So lets not pick on the prototype all the time ok?

Yes, but you also said that you didn't fix the issues that were raised with the prototype, so I assume that those same issues will be present in the GB version too.

Thank you for finally answering the question regarding refunds.

Offline CLAP_STUDIO

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 07:01:02 »
I told you the board Merlin received was an R2 proto which was a very very long time ago. So lets not pick on the prototype all the time ok?

Yes, but you also said that you didn't fix the issues that were raised with the prototype, so I assume that those same issues will be present in the GB version too.

Thank you for finally answering the question regarding refunds.

Well I'm glad I answered your questions, now I want to explain the reason behind not fixing the screws.
1.The mid piece has an width of 4.725MM meanwhile the M2 screws must have at least 3.8MM clearance. So if we do a quick math, the space we will have for the space is EXTREME. The space between the screw and the walls will be 0.925 divided by 2 which will be 0.4625 which is roughly 0.5MM.
2.With all been said, this brings us to CNC. During the R1 and R2 runs, we did not have issues with milling the materials, which gave us a green light on the screws being ok to mill, also due to the fact that brass is harder than aluminum, there wont be issues during re-builds which we have done for I can't remember how many times.

Hope this can give you a closer perspective from my point of view!