Author Topic: [IC] GMK 9009 R3 - Launching September 1st  (Read 144555 times)

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [IC] GMK 9009 R3 - Pricing, launch date, more kit updates
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 09:31:31 »
What's a standard gmk timeline these days assuming we close October 1? Next year some time?

Offline tentboy

« Reply #401 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 09:37:37 »
Incredible price for a classic set.  All in.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #402 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 12:05:59 »
What's a standard gmk timeline these days assuming we close October 1? Next year some time?

I think 4.5-6 months has been what I have been seeing. Maybe on the lower end of that scale for 9009 since no color matching is needed.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 13:28:13 »

I think 4.5-6 months has been what I have been seeing. Maybe on the lower end of that scale for 9009 since no color matching is needed.

Correct. Some vendors will ship earlier depending on location and order volume but yes that's a good estimate.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #404 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 14:26:35 »

For sure thanks. I guess I'll just pay and forget about it.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #405 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 14:30:17 »

There is no other way to participate in a GB. Pay-forget-get surprised when it arrives.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #406 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 15:10:37 »

There is no other way to participate in a GB. Pay-forget-get surprised when it arrives.

There's no gift like a gift from yourself 4 months ago  ;D

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #407 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 15:59:41 »
No I get it, it's just been a while since I joined one.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #408 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:04:15 »

... except when you're one of those gits who never forgets anything. Then, patience becomes an extremely important virtue to have.

Offline chrisharrisx

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:55:04 »
Is it possible to get 1.25u shift added to Obscure kit? It’s required for the most common staggered 40s layouts.

Good point, not sure how we overlooked this/nobody brought it up. We will add that in. Thanks for the feedback :)

Apologies if this is obvious, but what are the row heights for the raise and lower keys in the obscure kit? R4 or R5?

They are R5 :)

:thumb:

Offline befbef

« Reply #410 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 07:38:01 »
Price and kits are great. Will join for sure. But with the correction of the icons I think you fixed something that wasn't broken. Need to see it in real life to know if I don't hate it. I'll additionally buy one missing keys set to be safe.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #411 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 11:46:12 »
Could there be a kit view that shows row profile for each kit?
Was reading about the limits on numpad compatibility with the R5 row profile just was interested in some clarification.  Already joined 9009 when it came out and plan to join r3.  Thanks for all the communication in the IC!

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #412 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 21:37:44 »
How do the new legends / icons compare with ePBT handled 9009?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #413 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 05:13:22 »
Could there be a kit view that shows row profile for each kit?
Was reading about the limits on numpad compatibility with the R5 row profile just was interested in some clarification.  Already joined 9009 when it came out and plan to join r3.  Thanks for all the communication in the IC!

We're working on this, will be available on the GB page!

How do the new legends / icons compare with ePBT handled 9009?

Not sure to be honest since I don't have any of the new EPBT sets to compare it with. The new shift legends will pretty much be the icon+text ones, but minus the text obviously (since those are centred instead of top left aligned like new icons mods).

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #414 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 06:37:22 »
Okay. If you are interested in checking, here are some photos of ePBT 9009 R4:

https://imgur.com/a/7ZFbQrY

Offline saesh

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 15:54:30 »
Is there a trick to identify the sizes of the keys on the bottom row? I specifically need 3x1.25, 2x1.5, 1x2.0 and 1x2.75. Would the standard kit be enough?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #416 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 21:26:07 »
Is there a trick to identify the sizes of the keys on the bottom row? I specifically need 3x1.25, 2x1.5, 1x2.0 and 1x2.75. Would the standard kit be enough?
No trick. Modern layouts have 1.25 mods and vintage ones 1.5 and 1 unit mods. The base set has both, thus, seven 1.25, four 1.5 and four 1 unit mods. It should cover your needs regarding sizes. As you say nothing about legends, it should be that you do not mind them.

Offline leexy

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 23:17:00 »
can't really tell in the renders, but is the spacebar also r5?

Offline saesh

« Reply #418 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 00:33:54 »
No trick. Modern layouts have 1.25 mods and vintage ones 1.5 and 1 unit mods. The base set has both, thus, seven 1.25, four 1.5 and four 1 unit mods. It should cover your needs regarding sizes. As you say nothing about legends, it should be that you do not mind them.

Thanks!

Good point about the legends. It would be nice to have no legends on the 2.0 and 2.75 keys. I guess the Obscure kit provides these.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #419 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 09:07:07 »
Anyone with GMK 9009 caps and some old OG Cherry could show me those caps bottoms? Compare both next to each other?
I just want to see how thick is GMK 9009 compared to original Cherry caps.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 10:22:32 »
Anyone with GMK 9009 caps and some old OG Cherry could show me those caps bottoms? Compare both next to each other?

GMK bought the moulds from Cherry, so they're the exact same thickness.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #421 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 10:22:56 »

There is no "R5 spacebar". Spacebar will be the same as with regular GMK sets.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 10:23:35 »

Do you have a picture of the layout you want to cover? But yes by the sounds of it the standard kit should be enough.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #423 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 11:20:43 »
BTW for those of you who want to support the set, feel free to add this signature to your profile!

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101623.0][img width=480 height=120]https://dixiemech.com/s/ghbanner.png[/img][/url]

(You can do this via Profile -> Modify Profile -> Forum Profile -> Signature)

Offline GraffitiDecos

« Reply #424 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 12:12:25 »
I know 1 Sept is around the corner but is there an update on child kit prices?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline hansikhouse

« Reply #425 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 13:43:10 »

Prices are up on their site - https://dixiemech.com/gmk9009r3

Offline GraffitiDecos

« Reply #426 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 13:55:41 »

Prices are up on their site - https://dixiemech.com/gmk9009r3
THanks!

Offline GraffitiDecos

« Reply #427 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 13:58:57 »
I know I made a stink about the numpad, and in the end, pricing is good with the numpad kit. Thanks OP!

ALRIGHT! Now I'm not sure if this has been mentionned or adressed.. but there seems to be a green insert missing from the base. We get Pink: esc, enter, and insert However Green: esc, enter. Anyway to add this last minute? I would be nice for an all green A E S T H E T I C as well.

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #428 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 14:12:07 »
ALRIGHT! Now I'm not sure if this has been mentionned or adressed.. but there seems to be a green insert missing from the base. We get Pink: esc, enter, and insert However Green: esc, enter. Anyway to add this last minute? I would be nice for an all green A E S T H E T I C as well.

For that matter, I still don't understand why the base kit has one (1) 1.5U "AltGr" key, even though this kit has otherwise no support for anything other than US English on ANSI (and the corresponding 1.25U key in the same kit is "Alt", not "AltGr").

(also, R3 \| on the addition kit, yadda yadda yadda)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #429 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 17:16:41 »
I know I made a stink about the numpad, and in the end, pricing is good with the numpad kit. Thanks OP!

I'm glad the pricing is pleasing :) 9009 has never had a green Insert key. An Insert accent is quite an unconventional accent to have either way, so the only one that ever was included is the red one (since it was that way on the original 9009 board).

For that matter, I still don't understand why the base kit has one (1) 1.5U "AltGr" key, even though this kit has otherwise no support for anything other than US English on ANSI (and the corresponding 1.25U key in the same kit is "Alt", not "AltGr").

The Alt GR key is just a nod to the original, it isn't on the 1.25u key cause it kinda looks too cramped there. It was this way in R2 too. Also not sure what you mean with R3 \| key in the addition kit? We added full ISO support a while back. The \| key pictured next to the shift is R4

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #430 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 17:50:29 »

The Alt GR key is just a nod to the original, it isn't on the 1.25u key cause it kinda looks too cramped there. It was this way in R2 too.

If it's a conscious design decision and not simply an oversight, then it's no problem. I still find it weird, though (I'm trying to see this through the eyes of a user who's not aware of 9009's history).

Also not sure what you mean with R3 \| key in the addition kit? We added full ISO support a while back. The \| key pictured next to the shift is R4

The base kit provides full US English (national layout) on a (physical) "ANSI" keyboard (2.25U left Shift; horizontal Enter).
The addition kit provides the needed keys to support UK English (national layout) on a (physical) "ISO" keyboard (1.25U left Shift + extra alpha; vertical Enter).

If one wanted to have a US English national layout on a keyboard with a vertical Enter (either an "ISO" physical layout as above, or an "ANSISO" hybrid (2.25 left Shift; vertical Enter)), an arrangement common in terminal keyboards, the R2 1.5U \| key would need to be replaced by an R3 1.0 \| key... which is not present on either kit, forcing the user to use another key (typically #~, from the UK set), which is wrong (or "less than ideal").

There's more to this, but I don't want to risk derailing the thread over a minor issue. I'll tell you over a PM if you want to read about it.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #431 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 18:50:24 »
Any news on the Norde kit?

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #432 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 21:44:34 »

That ship seems to have sailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline missylo

« Reply #433 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 22:56:20 »

Thanks for doing the r5, but if the spacebar is not r5, wouldn't the height/angle of the spacebar be different from the rest of the row?
For the obscure/ortho kit, is there a big difference in how the keycaps are between the R5 keys (i.e. raise & lower) and the R4C 2u (R4 spacebar)?

Btw, i can't really tell from the text on this site: https://dixiemech.com/gmk9009r3 because the white color font blends too well with the background color for me. Just wanted to confirm that the obscure kit does have a 2uC spacebar?

Thank you, looking forward to this

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #434 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 23:03:19 »

Thanks for doing the r5, but if the spacebar is not r5, wouldn't the height/angle of the spacebar be different from the rest of the row?
For the obscure/ortho kit, is there a big difference in how the keycaps are between the R5 keys (i.e. raise & lower) and the R4C 2u (R4 spacebar)?

Btw, i can't really tell from the text on this site: https://dixiemech.com/gmk9009r3 because the white color font blends too well with the background color for me. Just wanted to confirm that the obscure kit does have a 2uC spacebar?

1c
1.75u
2c
2.25c
2.75c

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #435 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 07:56:53 »

GMK space bars, as OG Cherry's, are the same profile for modern 1.25u mod and old 1.5u mod layouts. There is no such thing as R5 space bars.

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #436 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 09:33:15 »

Agreed!

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #437 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 10:36:11 »

The ship made a turn around back to the coast! Made with the help of ISO_returns! This should support NO, SE, FL, DK, DE. Please let me know if there are any keys missing or such. I'm not very familiar with Nordic layouts.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #438 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 10:40:32 »
Will any extras be available once these ship? I'd like to pick up a child kit or two later once it makes more financial sense for me.

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #439 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 10:49:45 »

The ship made a turn around back to the coast! Made with the help of ISO_returns! This should support NO, SE, FL, DK, DE. Please let me know if there are any keys missing or such. I'm not very familiar with Nordic layouts.

Show Image

YESSSSSSS <3

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #440 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 10:52:12 »
Will any extras be available once these ship? I'd like to pick up a child kit or two later once it makes more financial sense for me.

There will be, but keep in mind they'll be first come first serve and they sell out insanely quick. Minimal extras literally sold out before Dixie could even make an announcement post on his Instagram, sold out in seconds and it was quite a sizable amount of kits.

Offline guzzi

« Reply #441 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 10:54:39 »

Show Image

Very nice, no important keys missing as far as german compatibility goes.
Only thing worth adding is a 1.25U R5 Alt Gr key since the base kit only provides a 1.5U Alt Gr and a 1.25 Alt.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #442 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 11:27:26 »

Show Image

Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian locales appear to be covered. Someone else would double check them, just in case, please.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #443 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 11:29:41 »
@janglad: Your are the man!

Offline dumhevae

« Reply #444 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 11:31:15 »

Show Image

Lovely!

Offline spakecdk

• Browns are best
« Reply #445 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 12:53:50 »
Have you thought about using R0?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #446 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 12:54:31 »
Have you thought about using R5?

Have you thought about reading the post lol, one of the main premises of the set is R5

Edit: Ooh I see you edited to R0, no we decided not to go with R0.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #447 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 15:45:01 »

GMK bought the moulds from Cherry, so they're the exact same thickness.

Aaah, sounds good then:)
Thanks for clarifying.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline enrique.aliaga

Re: [IC] GMK 9009 R3 - Launching September 1st
« Reply #448 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 16:14:15 »
Given that the GB is around the corner, I gotta ask:

I'm based on South America. Should I order from iLumKB (Asia vendor) or Dixiemech (US vendor)?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
Re: [IC] GMK 9009 R3 - Launching September 1st
« Reply #449 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 16:26:09 »
Given that the GB is around the corner, I gotta ask:

I'm based on South America. Should I order from iLumKB (Asia vendor) or Dixiemech (US vendor)?

I'd suggest looking at the shipping rates you get at checkout for both vendors once the GB is live, but I'd assume Dixiemech would be the cheaper option.