Author Topic: [IC] GMK 9009 R3 - Launching September 1st  (Read 144383 times)

Offline forevermadrigal

Re: [IC] GMK 9009 R3 - Pricing, launch date, more kit updates
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 21:24:49 »
THAT'S SOME RIDICULOUS CHEAP PRICE!

Future GMK sets take note. This is how you make an affordable and highly coveted kit!

These are also stock colors

Offline LoneRegiment

Re: [IC] GMK 9009 R3 - Kit updates
« Reply #351 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 22:07:53 »
Would love to see a simple vim kit in the base colours in a standalone set or perhaps merely include the vim keys in the Addition set together with all the other quirky keys
+1 for an HJKL arrows set included in the Addition kit.

Yet another +1 for an HJKL arrows set included in the Addition kit.

Offline i_am_pat

« Reply #352 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:12:18 »
It would be neat if the Enter keycap on the Ortho kit was also coloured like the full size kit.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #353 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:13:47 »
So, is this getting Norde caps or not? Since this is like the most popular set I'm assuming so but I see no renders or confirmation.

Just so I can save some money for this, if that's the case.

I already have the epbt version but really want it in gmk, and with R0 and R5 :)

Also, I don't think it makes any sense to not have sublegends on the numpad if you are going for the classic 9009 look. More old school, not less. Preferably also a numpad enter that says "Enter Xmit" etc. And some fun Deal novelties :)

Not as important: And a Caps Lock that says Caps Lock. Not that stupid down arrow again. If anything that should be in the Modern kit and the underscored Up arrow in the base kit. But again, that's one of those keys that just used to have text. So if you're going for classic/retro, Caps Lock with text.

Show Image

This is a sick keyboard.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 01:52:39 »
Too good of a price to pass up! Will definitely be joining, I'll reserve judgement of the new icon legends until I see it in real life - I suggest everyone gives it an honest chance! :)

Offline Hydrolithium

« Reply #355 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 02:12:08 »
Wow, honestly super happy with the pricing on this one! Great job bringing this set back at such a good price.

Offline SwordLaker

« Reply #356 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 04:29:44 »
Wow, R5?? Whose idea was that?

I'm out. This breaks too many compatibilities to be worth it.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #357 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 05:36:33 »

That's harsh. What compatibilities does it break for you though?
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline qriousgabriel

• aka. gabrlyg
« Reply #358 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 05:37:37 »
It would be really great if the Obscure kit can have accent Enter/Fn.
HHKB | OTD DGE | FC660C | Realforce | Kaze
WTB Topre Clacks

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #359 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 06:56:07 »

Such as...?
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #360 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 07:24:14 »

Such as...?
Compatibility? This is a full set not an add-on kit. LOL. Can't believe how convoluted the mind of some of us could be.

Offline dss

« Reply #361 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 07:57:35 »
Exciting, I've filled out my form. Good to see GMK becoming more accessible some what. Thank you.

Offline fr08

« Reply #362 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 08:03:53 »
Exciting, I've filled out my form. Good to see GMK becoming more accessible some what. Thank you.

I really think the time is ready for GMK/Uniqey to start stocking timeless and popular sets like these and sell them directly from their website. That would make it even more accessible for everyone.

But I'm still confused. Are we getting Nordic support?

Offline guzzi

« Reply #363 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 08:41:01 »

With the popularity of the colorway, the fact that it has stock colors and that R1 and R2 owners also might be interested, I would honestly be surprised If wouldnt make MOQ.
Hopefully we can garner enough interest for this to make it into the GB.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #364 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 08:52:00 »

With the popularity of the colorway, the fact that it has stock colors and that R1 and R2 owners also might be interested, I would honestly be surprised If wouldnt make MOQ.

Isn't MOQ 150 sets? That isnt a given with Norde on any set

Offline The_Royal

• That's what I call, a Sunday.
« Reply #365 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 08:56:14 »
Okay Hear me out...

Heh?!?

Come ahN! You know you want to Janglad!

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #366 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 08:58:40 »
Probs a bit late to ask for coleverak, huh?

Offline fr08

« Reply #367 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:00:52 »

The groupbuy starts next month and we still don't know. That doesn't help. Like I'm sure there are plenty of people like me that needs to make a budget. If I'm going to spend 1/8th of my monthly income on keycaps I need to prepare. Especially since we always have to buy an insane amount of extra keys just to get the few we need (talking international/Norde etc sets here).
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:04:50 by fr08 »

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #368 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:08:42 »

The groupbuy starts next month and we still don't know. That doesn't help. Like I'm sure there are plenty of people like me that needs to make a budget. If I'm going to spend 1/8th of my monthly income on keycaps I need to prepare. Especially since we always have to buy an insane amount of extra keys just to get the few we need (talking international/Norde etc sets here).

Yeah budgeting for Norde is tough. That add on alone could be like $40 or more.

Offline guzzi

« Reply #369 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:15:48 »

Novelty kits with custom colors from other GBs running right now are at 150MOQ, so I´m assuming it would be 100 tops for 9009s L9/CR Alphas.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #370 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:17:09 »

There was a NordeUK kit for 9009 R2. MOQ for addon kits is 100, it sold at €54 (which from what I remember, is the lowest it could possibly go) and didn't even hit half of the MOQ. I'm not expecting R3 to sell double of R2, so it seems like kind of a risky bet to add it. Especially, again, considering how many kits we already have.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #371 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:18:57 »
Okay Hear me out...

Show Image

Show Image

Heh?!?

Come ahN! You know you want to Janglad!

There already is 40% support through the obscure kit. We're not planning on adding separate alphas to these kits since bypassing base kits on GMK GBs is not an idea, especially if you're not running through a vendor with huge reach like Massdrop. The Ortholinear kit you linked was run as a standalone kit well after the main GB for 9009 R2 had ended.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #372 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:19:41 »
Probs a bit late to ask for coleverak, huh?

Unless the amount of colevorak users increases 5 times overnight, that won't be happening. Sorry 

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #373 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:21:35 »

Such as...?
Compatibility? This is a full set not an add-on kit. LOL. Can't believe how convoluted the mind of some of us could be.

If anything it adds compatibility with OG sets since most of the ones you'll find (at least in my experience) are R5. But yes, this is not meant to be an add-on kit.

Offline fr08

« Reply #374 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:22:39 »

There was a NordeUK kit for 9009 R2. MOQ for addon kits is 100, it sold at €54 (which from what I remember, is the lowest it could possibly go) and didn't even hit half of the MOQ. I'm not expecting R3 to sell double of R2, so it seems like kind of a risky bet to add it. Especially, again, considering how many kits we already have.

Thank you. Makes me sad but I understand. Just wish there was a better way to do these things :( Kits like this could easily just be stocked by GMK and I hope that's where we are heading with everything.  Group buys for... personal projects, "novelty/trendy" kits and traditional sales for kits that are timeless.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #375 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 10:46:35 »
I see the start date. OP do you have an estimate on how long this gb will run for?

Trying to get an idea of how long I have to get the cash. Too many hobbies fighting for my wallet.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 11:18:31 »
I see the start date. OP do you have an estimate on how long this gb will run for?

Trying to get an idea of how long I have to get the cash. Too many hobbies fighting for my wallet.

4 weeks :)

Offline jihadu

« Reply #377 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 11:31:36 »
While I dislike the trend of smaller base sets at a higher per key prices I'm all about that classic look. 9009 is life bby

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:02:50 »

Would you consider a partial Norde kit? Considering that UK is already covered, then keys that fit in most Nords' layouts may be considered?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:22:13 »

Would you consider a partial Norde kit? Considering that UK is already covered, then keys that fit in most Nords' layouts may be considered?

I'm talking with Mykeyboard. We're considering it. Not promising anything just yet

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:29:10 »

4 weeks :)
Thank you for the quick response.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #381 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:39:50 »

Thanks for the detailed response. Norde users are easily the most vocal kit requesters, but yeah there are just not enough of them to turn out moq for these kits.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 13:48:20 »

I'm talking with Mykeyboard. We're considering it. Not promising anything just yet
Fair enough. Thank you very much for your effort on this. It is greatly appreciated.

Offline cekagekh

« Reply #383 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 14:58:32 »
August: GMK 8008.
September: GMK 9009.
October: GMK 10010.

Offline fr08

« Reply #385 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 16:00:40 »

Yeah, just Å, Ä and Ö would be enough for me. That covers Sweden and Finland. Æ and Ø, Denmark and Norway covered.

But then again, maybe not. I could live with that for a week or two and then get annoyed by the wrong legends on the other caps and switch to another kit. It's not exactly the end goal. Guess I'll just have to wait for R4.

All this makes me sad. If 9009 can't get Nordic support - what hope is there for the future.

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #386 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 16:12:59 »
Norde would be a nice addition :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #387 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 16:55:16 »
Norde would be a nice addition :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If Nord's a reality, you vikings'd better buy as many sets as possible. Considering that beige is so classic you'd get adapters for any ANSI OG set.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 August 2019, 16:58:04 by ideus »

Offline dumhevae

« Reply #388 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 17:04:15 »

mainly just want ÅÄÖ but would love to have all other legends as well. Hoping for the best  ;D

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #389 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 19:38:20 »
Child kit prices will be deciding factor. 99$ is exciting for a base. However,

- VoC on novel keys is 115$ including iso support, Numpad, 60% with arrows support.
- 8008 on Dixie is 130 with the same support as  VoC
- Voyage on cannon keys is 124 without iso but plus accent space bars.

It only makes sense that if you get less, you pay less. It remains to be seen if the savings are scaled with what's taken away.

That being said, this is a beautiful set and I'll be picking it up! But it won't cost me 99$.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

From my understanding of how gmk pricing works, I expect the child kits here to be pretty expensive and drive the overall package much higher than the normal gmk bundles.

This is what I've been saying. We'll see how much of a good thing a $99 base kit is when the child kit pricing is revealed.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #390 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 08:48:38 »
I hope if you go with Norde, I hope you won't move ISO UK to NordeUK...
Please keep it in Additionals.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline walie

« Reply #391 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 22:13:13 »
Would you consider adding a 2nd 2u spacebar to the obscure kit? Some of us like to run plancks/preonics with 2x2u bars.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #392 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 22:17:23 »
it's cheap for people who don't need any extra kits

the zambumon school of keyset design, i.e. the best one

glwgb
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline bnhw

« Reply #393 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 19:57:00 »
Is it possible to get 1.25u shift added to Obscure kit? It’s required for the most common staggered 40s layouts.

Offline derPuntigamer

• NorDe is nonnegotiable
« Reply #394 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 05:37:08 »
If you do NorDe(Uk) I am 100% in!

Offline bj

« Reply #395 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 05:42:06 »
Sweet Jesus yes!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 07:50:57 »
If you do NorDe(Uk) I am 100% in!
Snälla du

Offline chrisharrisx

« Reply #397 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 20:29:37 »
Apologies if this is obvious, but what are the row heights for the raise and lower keys in the obscure kit? R4 or R5?

Offline BrainBunker

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #399 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 04:52:10 »
Is it possible to get 1.25u shift added to Obscure kit? It’s required for the most common staggered 40s layouts.

Good point, not sure how we overlooked this/nobody brought it up. We will add that in. Thanks for the feedback :)

Apologies if this is obvious, but what are the row heights for the raise and lower keys in the obscure kit? R4 or R5?

They are R5 :)