Author Topic: 60% aluminum case  (Read 100595 times)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Re: 60% aluminum case
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 13:38:31 »
It's complete BS that he gets online almost every single day but cannot give an update.  :-\

Offline redeye

« Reply #201 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 03:36:15 »
Like what bueller was saying I did get a couple of unofficial pm updates from "friends"/associates of alix and the last one (sent in the middle of march), stated that black cases would be ready "next" week (my case happened to be black).

Ok... So next week rolled on and the week after... Still nothing... So at the end of March I contacted my credit card company and they opened a dispute with paypal for goods not received. He did not respond to the dispute and now the case is closed.

So to be honest I think he has no intention of sending the cases. If he was honest he should have made contact with paypal to explain the situation and give assurances that the product would be shipped even if it would be in the distant future, but he did not.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 04:27:44 »
Like what bueller was saying I did get a couple of unofficial pm updates from "friends"/associates of alix and the last one (sent in the middle of march), stated that black cases would be ready "next" week (my case happened to be black).

Ok... So next week rolled on and the week after... Still nothing... So at the end of March I contacted my credit card company and they opened a dispute with paypal for goods not received. He did not respond to the dispute and now the case is closed.

So to be honest I think he has no intention of sending the cases. If he was honest he should have made contact with paypal to explain the situation and give assurances that the product would be shipped even if it would be in the distant future, but he did not.

Cheers for the info mate, I might have to see if my credit card company will do the same.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline redeye

« Reply #203 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 04:42:21 »

Good luck with it bud, If you need any info just pm me

Cheers for the info mate, I might have to see if my credit card company will do the same.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 05:03:39 »

Well that sucks, can't initiate a chargeback after 90 days. Ugh my first big money GB and I get burned, feel like such an idiot.

Worst thing is I need the money more than I need the case, I'm without a job at the moment and if I had the case it would probably be getting sold anyway.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 05:50:01 »
FYI, you guys are not alone. I have invested ~550$ into this group buy but until now I also did not receive anything even I live in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. From what I received via Facebook message, by the end of this week, Ali team will have the delivery. I'm not 100% sure about that but all I can do now is to hope for the best.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 April 2014, 08:05:05 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #206 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 11:11:58 »
This is horrible. And to think I almost pulled the trigger on one of these cases. I'd be infuriated by the way this was handled so far.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #207 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 14:06:18 »
FYI, you guys are not alone. I have invested ~550$ into this group buy but until now I also did not receive anything even I live in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. From what I received via Facebook message, by the end of this week, Ali team will have the delivery. I'm not 100% sure about that but all I can do now is to hope for the best.

Then why isn't he saying this.  Utter complete BS.  I don't believe anything anymore with this GB.
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 19:47:13 »

Then why isn't he saying this.  Utter complete BS.  I don't believe anything anymore with this GB.

Sad to see this thread is on the second page of the GB forum. Sorry to revive it. Still very choked about my money and wondering if there will be some sort of resolve between everyone involved.
I want to oust this dude if my case isn't coming.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 19:55:16 »
He logs in almost every single day, that is the sad part..

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 20:03:44 »
That sucks.

I think I'd rather him disappear than log in everyday.

Like he is laughing in our faces.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #211 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 20:05:53 »
Does this quality as being in the artisan area?

Offline Kfactork

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 14:41:44 »
Does this quality as being in the artisan area?
What would happen to it though, when he is clearly not even trying to conduct an honest business? Why not just ban him?

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #213 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 16:25:19 »
If he's banned, then there's no hope for case/money.  At this point, I just want a money return.  I wish there was some way for the moderators to help us out.  I know that this is a buyer beware area, but this just sucks, that's all. 
HHKB pro | RF 87U | RF 87U uni-45g | CM QFR | Steelseries 6Gv2 | Filco MT2 | IBM model M | IBM SSK '87

Offline Kfactork

« Reply #214 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 16:49:51 »
If he's banned, then there's no hope for case/money.  At this point, I just want a money return.  I wish there was some way for the moderators to help us out.  I know that this is a buyer beware area, but this just sucks, that's all.
If I see a guy with my money who logged on everyday, (and since his English is his second language) knows enough English to make replies and give updates, and he doesn't, I don't expect anything back. Whatever happened, clearly he's not interested and doesn't respect the community enough to make us be aware of it. Sucks, but I think your money is long gone.

Prove me wrong Alixinhzai. I dare you.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 01:00:16 »
Sucks, but I think your money is long gone.

This is pretty much where I'm at now, I don't really have any hope of getting my case any more but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #216 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 19:57:56 »
Sucks, but I think your money is long gone.

This is pretty much where I'm at now, I don't really have any hope of getting my case any more but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Exactly. I've long since given up, but I'd like to metaphorically burn this guy at the stake, or be proven wrong.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #217 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 20:28:59 »
honestly im not surprised, his acrylic case group buy was horrible, there was no communication for MONTHS and when we did see them 1. they didn't all arrive at once, people got their acrylic cases in a trickle of like 6 months time i got mine in the middle of that time and it came in really crappy packaging, like wrapped in some food container 2. they were horrible quality, glue stained the acrylic and anything clear looked like crap, only solid colors ended up usable and many people just straight up sold theirs in the classifieds because they were so disapointed. When i saw this aluminium case i was surprised because it looked so high quality but i knew **** like this would happen, i just didn't want to be rude.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 20:58:04 »
^^ but people always forget the past when the next shiny thing comes along. Sad so many buys have turned out bad lately.

Offline redeye

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 02:58:16 »
Sad so many buys have turned out bad lately.

True.

He was also on the thick end of a gb gone wrong. Remember BSP group buy from kboardvintage (started over a year ago) alix apparently lost $400. So he knows what its like to be kept in the dark, but he behaves the same way.

I had a feeling he knew more than he was letting on way back in January, thats why I asked about about time scale and when he stated about 10 days for this and a week for that I   thought OK cool we are back on track but after that he became very vague and he milked that vietnamese new year excuse to the max. By all accounts the factory workers haven't come back to work and the cases have been sitting on a shelf in the factory for 3 months.  :eek:

If the original post had stated "I dont like to update" and "product will take over 6 months to produce" I would have given it a miss.

I know quochung1989 was or is in contact with him maybe he can shed some light?

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 13:18:05 »
        The first thing I am in this group buy same someone, I ordered 1 case. And I extremely want to know update about this group buy too, even every week every day. I extremely expect this case but until now I have disappointed about all. Althrough ali is my friend but I am very nervy, even seem like I can’t bear him. Althrough I sent messenger, facebook, skype, phone more and more time, but he is rarely reply to me.

After I have received his feedback, ali promised that he ‘ll complete case this time then he say again that he have some problem arising, so he have to delay time complete case. And not only one times more & more times that happened. For this reason, I decided that I must meet him face to face to ask clearly.

After I went to his home to ask, he said he has known all thing (which idea is brought out on GH) and state of mind of  every one participated this group buy but he isn’t reply because he is shame. Ali promised with me more & more time but he break one’s promise. So if he continue promise, he sure break one’s promise because he can’t control time of produce.

Beside his wife is give birth & new year lunar holiday in Vietnam, Ali have some other reason to effect to rate progress. During progress (like he updated on January), Ali has studied and discovered sanding way (from germany) creat new surface better, more quality. They can same Korea custom keyboard quality like KMAC, THE CHEAT … So Ali decided to cancel old sanding method. He go to buy new ball from Germany. He take more times to ship, test more sanding method to have better product.

In additional, if I say out, I am very shame because it is break image of Vietnamese. I have just said that there are some Vietnamese for their personal profit make difficult for produce. But now he has solved that by he work with other factory. New factory work better, faster & not make difficult for him.

Today, I have received his update, he ‘ll receive stuff tomorrow. I & ali ‘ll go to factory to get stuff where far my home around 220km (from Namdinh to Haiphong province). After I have received stuff, I ‘ll post some photos here

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 14:03:02 »
Quochung, I want to believe.  Please please please make me believe again.   :-[.  Thing about shame is that it only goes away after you've resolved the issue.  This needs resolving. 

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #222 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 14:33:31 »
I'm sorry that this happened to so many people. I was thinking about getting a 60% case for my Poker II but now I might just spend extra $$ and just buy one already made.

I have yet to purchase something off GH, but when I do it will only be from a user with good reviews / history. $200 is a lot of money and at the price I would think the product would be made in NA.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #223 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 20:02:05 »
You're the man quochung1989, thanks for taking control of this situation.

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 06:07:21 »
i'm ignore this GB, not in team of this project. but i'm Vietnamese and members on GH. i just want to say one thing:

Don't make the Vietnamese members on GH shame anymore, Approve by action.
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 07:30:42 »
I just got update from Ali team (not from Ali himself), the colored case arrived to them this afternoon, the black and silver will arrive tomorrow.
They only have an ipad 2 so the picture quality is kinda blurry, but dont worry, i`ll ask them for a better one and post for u guys soon ;)
All case will be shipped this month.
Here is colored cases and plates:
64048-0

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #226 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 07:40:22 »
It would be stupid to think ill of all Vietnamese people because of this. I hope no one does that.

Really hope you guys get your cases. At least some updates are being pushed out finally.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #227 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 07:59:49 »
Yeah I definitely won't think ill of others based on one person's actions, good to see some movement here finally though. Thanks again to quochung1989 and bdtbinh for the updates.

Offline ggnarsil

« Reply #228 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 10:30:13 »
ahhhhhhhhh I am gonna change my address in few weeks later  :-\ :-\ :-\ hope Ali doesnt post my case to my old one  :eek: :eek: 

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #229 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 17:59:14 »
I see some coloured cases and plates which is giving me hope, but I don't see my case or plate.

Offline kekkon

« Reply #230 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 05:29:09 »

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #231 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 06:37:25 »
^: yeah, what's wrong? :/
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #232 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 08:54:08 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58067.0

Look at this post  :))

The irony...lol I cant believe he wants a refund....how about he give one to all the people, on this GB, that have requested it.

I have read here that he has a new born child...i'm sorry but that is no excuse to take peoples money and give little to no information regarding the production of the product. Just my 2 cents.

I hope it works out for everyone.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #233 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 09:28:46 »
The one who request for refund is duc_nckt. Ali only help him purchase the set. So i dont get anything relate to this topic at all :|

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #234 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 13:24:45 »
I think we're getting off topic.  Refund or no refund for that other thing, it doesn't relate to the people in this group buy that just want their cases.  Please don't bring other things into this, create hard feelings, and cause more of a delay.  I'm hopeful that this can still be resolved.  Please Please PLEASE, resolve this group buy.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #235 on: Sat, 10 May 2014, 18:04:16 »
I think we're getting off topic.  Refund or no refund for that other thing, it doesn't relate to the people in this group buy that just want their cases.  Please don't bring other things into this, create hard feelings, and cause more of a delay.  I'm hopeful that this can still be resolved.  Please Please PLEASE, resolve this group buy.

We've seen picture of what are apparently our cases.
It did bring me some hope.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #236 on: Sun, 11 May 2014, 03:09:19 »
Just remembered I'm in this GB with like 600 bucks... Whoops! O.o

Offline vietnammechkey

• Vietnam
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 05:14:31 »
I made ​​a member of the community mechkey Vietnam.
Today I writing this letter to denounce GB is really just a joke.

I not want to create this but in the last few days, alixinhzai and botay46 insulted Vietnam mechkey community,
especially they insulted Mr Pham Hoang Minh (pmh1410) after he asked alixinhzai and botay46 to delivery mechkey to GeekHack.

This an answer for their acts of evil:

Many Alixinhzai team members,
including the two main members alixinhzai and botay46,
they in Ha Noi, Vietnam.

As understand it, prior to the GB,
the production in a good factory,machinery made ​​in Japan, good.

But after receiving the money,
botay46 and alixinhzai production of other,cheaper,bad,very bad.

So after running a GB done once the product has a lot of bugs (anodization bad, many scratches...),first delay.
Alixinhzai and Botay46 to find another one to replace
the factory after production but still full of bugs.

Currently this GB full of errors and
the product is being repaired,delay second.

This can be considered as acts of fraud (ashamed of Vietnamese).

In addition, I also know issues also need to confirm and check again :
* Motherboards Trik ?
* Origin of cherry mx + switch is used ?

I feel very ashamed of Vietnam who withheld
information from not telling the truth of the matter.

proved by action ali and botay46! focus on your work instead of insulting Mr pmh1410 too much  >:D

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 06:08:58 »

I not want to create this but in the last few days, alixinhzai and botay46 insulted Vietnam mechkey community,
especially they insulted Mr Pham Hoang Minh (pmh1410) after he asked alixinhzai and botay46 to delivery mechkey to GeekHack.

they in Ha Noi, Vietnam.

So after running a GB done once the product has a lot of bugs (anodization bad, many scratches...),first delay.

* Motherboards Trik ?

proved by action ali and botay46! focus on your work instead of insulting Mr pmh1410 too much  >:D

Thanks for the update mate. So I guess we're just waiting for more updates from Ali and botay?

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 07:18:51 »

they in Ha Noi, Vietnam.

* Motherboards Trik ?

Thanks for the update mate. So I guess we're just waiting for more updates from Ali and botay?

Yep. You can waiting news from botay .

http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=31815

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #240 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 07:31:14 »
wow, this **** is getting really serious now

HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #241 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 09:09:25 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51021.0

Production updates stopped in February.
This man is holding THOUSANDS of dollars of GH money.
Possibly tens of thousands.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #242 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 09:49:38 »
This guy has some serious explaining to do.

Offline mrtee0

« Reply #243 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 10:02:51 »
i'm ignore this GB, not in team of this project. but i'm Vietnamese and members on GH. i just want to say one thing:

Don't make the Vietnamese members on GH shame anymore, Approve by action.
CLGT?  :-*

Offline garoti

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 10:20:06 »
Our country is in state dangerous. If you have conscience, you should do useful thing than discuss. If you can’t stop that, please discuss in Vietnam,please don’t bring that in here. You ‘ll ashamed of Vietnamese.

Offline megaxpop

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 10:46:56 »

Offline duc_nckt

« Reply #246 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 10:50:01 »

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #247 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 11:08:27 »

Show Image

Captain Translate here: Shake your brain 10 times before posting.

*keep eating popcorn*
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #248 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 11:25:26 »
Anyone else filed claims with Paypal? It might be past the time for a refund but I bet I can get his account frozen if we link the Paypal staff into this thread. They've done similar for DrugER's scam with Team Redline, they might not like paying out but they also don't like people using their service to scam people knowingly.

Ali / botay - if you're reading this now would be the time to speak up.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 May 2014, 11:28:08 by bueller »

Offline Germiphene

« Reply #249 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 16:22:45 »
ok bueller, I'm on board.  How do we do this? Where's the list of people involved with this?  Does he have the only list?  Do we need to start our own list and get everyone to send a complaint?