Author Topic: [IC] Minorca/Sebright 40% keyboard  (Read 21586 times)

Offline scoopbb

Re: [IC] Minorca/Sebright 40% keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 14:23:03 »
will be in for 1

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 14:30:47 »
Is the ortho PCB also going to be hotswap?

Absolutely!

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 19:22:28 »

... and pls offer an aluminum or polycarb plate, pls and thank you.

+1 for Aluminum or polycarb plate! Don't know how i missed this this is really cool.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 20:51:55 »
Great looking keyboard, this thing has been a long time coming so congrats on getting to the "formal IC stage". Case looks great, 4 degree angle should be very comfortable, and the price is reasonable.

That said... I'd prefer a non-hotswap option, and a plate option other than stainless steel (e.g. aluminum). Not sure how set-in-stone those decisions are for you, or maybe everyone else wants those things and I'm in the minority. At least if the plate files published someone could get their own made.

Would also be interested if those resin 1.25u R3 keys went on sale again. I've been happily using mine for a while now and would love to pick up another one or two.

Don't know how I missed this the first time around!

I don't think I am going to offer a non-hotswap option, just because it's such a difference in MOQ to do both versions. I personally prefer soldered switches too, but I can't fit the will of the masses.

I'm definitely planning on offering custom 1.25u R3 caps with the GB. I'm really excited to see all the sets that include this key in either their base sets or their 40% compat kits, but the bespoke options are really cool as well, and can sometimes really tie a whole set together. I'm trying to decide whether to have a few colorway options to choose from, or just have folks enter for random draws. Would love thoughts if anyone has any.

Offline garbo

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 09:07:45 »
Is the ortholinear layout support finalised to the two posted above?

It's cool that there's support for the Sebright's blockers, but I couldn't deal with a three key bottom row. If the 7u space were split to e.g. 1/2.25/2.75/1 would that be too Swiss cheesed on the PCB?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 09:49:05 »
Is the ortholinear layout support finalised to the two posted above?

It's cool that there's support for the Sebright's blockers, but I couldn't deal with a three key bottom row. If the 7u space were split to e.g. 1/2.25/2.75/1 would that be too Swiss cheesed on the PCB?

I can definitely investigate that layout as an option. In all honesty, I don't anticipate the blockered option to be used all that much, so if there is another layout that would utilize the blockered option more, then I'm certainly open to evaluating it.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 10:50:00 »

Offline billis

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 06:47:51 »
Is there any chance something like this will come back around?

I've been looking into a 40% and this looks so perfect.