Author Topic: [GB] GMK Hunt Canceled  (Read 7769 times)

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
[GB] GMK Hunt Canceled
« on: Sat, 04 December 2021, 07:35:44 »

Welcome to the Hunt!

US: Mekibo
EU: Mykeyboard.eu
CA: Deskhero
AUS: DailyClack
ASIA: iLumKB
JAPAN: Basekeys
KOREA: Swagkeys

TIMELINE
    Open: Dec 5th, 2021
    Close: Jan 15th, 2022
    Estimated shipping date TO PROXIES:
        GMK: Q1 2023
        Deskmats: Q2 2022
        Artisans: TBD

SPESIFICATIONS
    Keyset: Cherry profile, ABS, produced by GMK
    Artisan: R1, copper torch patina, lasered out grass so it is shiny copper and enamel infill on the dog, made by Salvun
    Deskmat: Stitched edges, 900x400x4mm

More

Chapter 1 by Rooke Design

More

DALCO 959 Mini 1 by DALExSNAIL

Pneuma by Stef Wolters

Frog TKL by GEON

More

Bear65 by jacky

AXE60 by $mit6y

More

Rama U80 by Rama

KeebStuff                                                                                                                                       Luxe Cables

More

MechFashion

More

Salvun                                                                                                                                       Key Cravings

Forest Keys                                                                                                                                       Melonkeys

Fraktal Kaps                                                                                                                                       GS Keycaps

Artkey Universe                                                                                                                                       Krakenkap

WinKeys

If you want to support my project, please share it and use the signature below! Thank you for your support!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=111089.0][img width=400 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/eWBBlwJ.jpg[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Wed, 15 December 2021, 02:19:16 by Tom Sparrow »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Re: [GB] GMK Hunt
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 07:40:51 »
Approved

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 December 2021, 08:48:23 »
added Dalbo V2 Sculpt by GS Keycaps and the cable collaborations are live

Offline Kisyunie

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 December 2021, 03:55:47 »
I hope this makes MOQ!

Offline HazeAerospaze

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 December 2021, 10:30:51 »
interesting. might look good on a white deskmat

Offline Nurseh

• Sorry for always apologizing
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 10 December 2021, 17:02:48 »
Great work love the theme, GLWGB!

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
Re: [GB] GMK Hunt Canceled
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 02:21:48 »
Hey there, sadly we have to cancel the GB for GMK Hunt because of low selling numbers.
The vendors and I are looking into rerunning it early of next year and I will update all of you as soon as there is a new GB phase for GMK Hunt.

Regards Tom

Offline HazeAerospaze

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 02:32:21 »
Hey there, sadly we have to cancel the GB for GMK Hunt because of low selling numbers.
The vendors and I are looking into rerunning it early of next year and I will update all of you as soon as there is a new GB phase for GMK Hunt.

Sorry to hear that.
is it normal to evaluate that 10 days into the GB? I was still mauling over my purchase.
gl next time.

Offline 7h3of7

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 03:41:58 »

Sorry to hear that.
is it normal to evaluate that 10 days into the GB? I was still mauling over my purchase.
gl next time.

The vast majority of sales come in the first week of the sale and then the last week (particularly the last day).
Usually, it is safer from the vendor standpoint to just drop a set if it has a weak first week without looking like it will get any better, as letting it last longer runs the risk of not making MOQ and having even more refunds to process (Shopify takes 3% per refund).
Current Board: OTD 356 Mini v1 Black

Offline HazeAerospaze

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 04:24:43 »

Sorry to hear that.
gl next time.

The vast majority of sales come in the first week of the sale and then the last week (particularly the last day).
Usually, it is safer from the vendor standpoint to just drop a set if it has a weak first week without looking like it will get any better, as letting it last longer runs the risk of not making MOQ and having even more refunds to process (Shopify takes 3% per refund).

Thanks, that makes sense.
Out of all the hideous color schemes that make it into production, it's sad to see such a nice set fail.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 06:24:36 »

Sorry to hear that.
gl next time.

Mekibo cancels early fairly often if the numbers aren’t a sure thing, and they often do it outta nowhere versus releasing some numbers or a statement saying something like “buy now before it gets canceled”.Cannonkeys, drop, and others have done an opening day sale which usually buffs the numbers and provides some reassurance.

Will buy again from whatever vendor you pick, and I’ll go 2 base 2 alt alpha next time.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 06:56:31 »
Sad to see this get cancelled but I’ll be first in line to buy when it gets re-run

Offline 1017BirckenThot

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 06:58:13 »
Sorry this got cancelled I really want this set to succeed because it's awesome. However, it was a misstep to run this design against 2 other very popular similar themed/green colored sets of Olive R2 and Camping R3 during December. Both of these sets had more favorable moq and base kit prices as a result which made Hunt a harder sell imo.

Best of luck for the next run. I do hope it gets a real chance again very soon!

Offline PhantomLeadr

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 10:07:49 »
Sorry this got cancelled I really want this set to succeed because it's awesome. However, it was a misstep to run this design against 2 other very popular similar themed/green colored sets of Olive R2 and Camping R3 during December. Both of these sets had more favorable moq and base kit prices as a result which made Hunt a harder sell imo.

Yeah with Olive being $100 for the base this set had no chance. i loved this set somuch but that $140 base made this a hard decision. hopefully this comes back with DCS or MW

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 11:56:38 »
I appreciate the kind words in this thread!

GMK Hunt sold 12 base kits in the first week, therefore we like to reschedule the gb. I am looking into another manufacturer or redoing the base kit, to get a better pricing or a better lead-time with another manufacturer

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 12:26:02 »

While that makes a lot of sense, Hunt was planned to run now way before reruns of those sets were even known.
Some reruns come out of nowhere and can really mess up other sets in the process. This is unfortunately what seems to have happened with GMK Hunt.

Offline MJGameSix

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 20:03:34 »
I was going to buy this.  :(
Look forward to whenever it comes back.

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 20:38:28 »
Generally good to avoid December for new GMK sets. Vendors like to rerun past hits to catch those holiday sales.

Offline krugerlive

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 16 December 2021, 13:17:13 »
I was really sad to hear that this set was cancelled.  I was going to jump in it, just couldn't buy it in the first half of the month.  Though I'm very happy to hear it will come back.  The colors and aesthetics of the set are top notch
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 December 2021, 04:55:58 by krugerlive »

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 18 December 2021, 19:06:23 »
Put me down for at least one base and one space. Was going to purchase in the new year.

Offline dukedagod

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 19 December 2021, 13:01:13 »
Shame, I guess there isn't many Bucks fans in the community.

Offline Benyer

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 02:40:55 »
Sad news this one was cancelled, I also planning to join but waiting for the paycheck, will be on the line for the reopening, great jobs with the colors and the set

Offline Oddstag

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 02:51:26 »
100% in for a base, novelty, and international kit. Wish there was a way to show my commitment and encourage the revitalisation of this set further. Would follow to just about any manu/profile. Hope for news soon.