Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 336892 times)

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #1050 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 16:16:47 »
Have fun with it! I may not prefer BFG edition myself, but it is in no way an inferior version. Like keebs, it's kinda up to preference!

As for myself, I've just been crashing after work the past few nights, but I've gotten into a bit of a gaming mood. Not sure if I'm going to play Monster Hunter, Halo, or Doom Eternal just yet though... Maybe even some Octopath Traveller, but I want to get my speakers replaced first so I don't have to use headphones to hear the voice acting when running it through my monitor. Probably going to stick to PC stuff over my Switch until I can get that taken care of.

What speakers are you after?
I'm also in the middle of changing my speakers.
Selling my HK soundsticks and probably getting Kanto YU2.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I was planning on keeping my current ones for a while yet, but they're older hand-me-downs from family, and the right speaker in the setup (just a simple 2 speaker, 1 subwoofer setup) died, and I can't just use one side of the audio for music and games. Just doesn't work for me. Probably going to get something of comparably decent quality, maybe an upgrade if I can afford it around bills.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1051 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 13:43:16 »
OLED you're saying...
Well, so I'm in.
Now I definitely want to play it.
BFG of course.

See, just started to play Splinter Cell Blacklist for like 5th time, only this time I really noticed advantage of my new OLED screen. Those black areas in this game look totally different than on my previous VA panel.
Ok guys, will try BFG tonight and let you know😊
I bet I will fail, ****ting my pants after 10 minutes.
Like years ago playing F.E.A.R.😁

OK, its dark, I mean really dark:)
Blacks are awesome on OLED, its simply off in those areas.
Things are going to start here:)

263132-0

263134-1
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1052 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 13:47:21 »
Damn that looks great. Might try it myself if I ever get an OLED monitor...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1053 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 14:51:33 »

wtf are we seeing the same images? Shadows are not black voids that absorb all light, that's not how things work. Your monitor needs serious adjustment bc those shadows are way the **** off. Like a poorly programmed .io game where they just made the shadows solid black.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1054 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 15:08:40 »

wtf are we seeing the same images? Shadows are not black voids that absorb all light, that's not how things work. Your monitor needs serious adjustment bc those shadows are way the **** off. Like a poorly programmed .io game where they just made the shadows solid black.

NT it's very difficult to fotograph OLED because of how dark it is,  the camera does not have the dynamic range to properly capture OLED's greatness in most cases.

It isn't completely dark in person. Doom 3 DID USE alot of 0,0,0 black though, so some of it is. These were the days of stencil shadow,  before alot of the fancy stuff.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1055 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 15:33:18 »

I never said it looks great for the purposes of realism. Doom 3 came out in 2004, BFG edition in 2012 going only for some updates, not a whole graphical system overhaul. It looks great for Doom 3 and what Doom 3 wants to do.

Honestly tired of seeing realism being held up as the 'holy grail' of gaming visual design, all of the 'realistic' looking shooters from the late 2000s - early 2010's are known for their intense amounts of... Gray and brown. Realism, unless done very well and with some concessions made (at least in some older games, it's yet to be seen with the new gen of consoles and PC hardware), usually doesn't age well. Meanwhile, Jet Set Radio, Borderlands, the older Monster Hunter games, WindWaker, and other games with more stylized art direction, still hold up very well (with some low res textures, sure, but that's hardly a deal breaker, especially if we're talking older games). Yes, realism can look very good, but more often than not it tends to slip into the uncanny valley or muddy, muted, and gross tones across the screen at all times.

Shadows and other things don't always need to look realistic, they just need to look like they fit in the game's art style and serve the purposes they need to in the context of the game.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1056 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 16:37:31 »
For Doom 3, Tp4 recommends  Using Nvidia's Supersampling 4x via the override in the nvidia control panel.

The 8x Supersampling makes the textures too blurry even though it does have the best edge-smoothing performance.

The 8x AA in game setting has the sharpest textures, but spatial aliasing isn't nearly as good as Supersample

The 16x AA in game setting is weird, IDK what it is, it blurs textures despite the fact that it's suppose to be MSAA,   I guess it might not be, but it does not look like the 2/4/8x SSampling result, so meh.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1057 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 17:54:57 »

Its a mobile photo you silly, you can't take a good photo of monitor with mobile camera :p
You should see it in person, makes huge difference.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1058 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 12:56:00 »

Its a mobile photo you silly, you can't take a good photo of monitor with mobile camera :p

S10 is a pretty good camera, so alot of the fault is on Phinix n00bing it up.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1059 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 19:50:17 »

S10 is a pretty good camera, so alot of the fault is on Phinix n00bing it up.

:p

phinix are good photographer, knowz what hez doing  :-*

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1060 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 22:01:26 »

I completed going under

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #1061 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 12:14:24 »
Anyone else playing POE gauntlet?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline franciscourant

« Reply #1062 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 18:38:45 »
Not playing anything right now, the games I've played most recently are League of Legends (support / mid), Agar.io, and that's pretty much it. I've also tested Camelot Unchained and Crowfall for some minutes before my laptop shut down / refuses to load the map.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1063 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 08:32:44 »
Doom 3 is STILL SCARY what, almost 18 years later ?

Now we know the TRUTH though, Stencil shadow = Scary

Offline KaijuTypu

« Reply #1064 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 09:45:42 »
On day one thousand and something on Mount and Blade Warband, thought I should probably go back and actually finish a playthrough.  ^-^

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1065 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 12:47:36 »
Look how spook this is. u jus dun' know if dat monster is a few feet ahead.

If you chk the pixel value, it's RGB 0, 0, 0

Tp4 games @ 115nits, which corresponds to 0.017 nit blacks on VA-lcd

On CRT or OLED that black is even m0ar scary

263959-0
263961-1

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1066 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 10:32:36 »
Not playing anything right now, the games I've played most recently are League of Legends (support / mid), Agar.io, and that's pretty much it. I've also tested Camelot Unchained and Crowfall for some minutes before my laptop shut down / refuses to load the map.

Yo whats happening with your laptop

Offline jimcooper

• ESO Gold
« Reply #1067 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 03:59:53 »
I was born a year after this game was released, and I remember my dad playing it all the time. It might sound silly, but most of the memories I have of him are related to memories of the game, just because he introduced me to it and let me run on his behalf when I was a kid. Years later, I have my own laptop and can now play on my own, and it still has the same magic as when I was a kid. The music, the sets, the characters, the animations, everything is great. I like to wander around because the storyline is fun and collect ores and herbs to sell to the auction house, but if you just like combat and action, it's optional. The point is, it is very useful for all types of gamers. I really enjoyed this game.
Game lovers, know c++, HTML

Offline phinix

« Reply #1068 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 04:17:46 »
Look how spook this is. u jus dun' know if dat monster is a few feet ahead.

If you chk the pixel value, it's RGB 0, 0, 0

Tp4 games @ 115nits, which corresponds to 0.017 nit blacks on VA-lcd

On CRT or OLED that black is even m0ar scary

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Awesome:)

Pure darkness on my screen.
This is exactly the technology upgrade I was looking for - to see that old games can look entirely different - totally new gameplay.
This is why I went back and picking games that can take advantage of OLED panel.

Offline moosekeyboards

« Reply #1069 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 17:06:00 »
playing valheim.  i am 50 hours in.  It's interesting how popular the game is.  It's rather simple but very hard 

Offline phinix

« Reply #1070 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 18:44:17 »
Finished Crysis Remastered - it was nice to play it in 4K.

Offline DELLA KEY

• Formerly 'AFA STUDIO'
« Reply #1071 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 21:26:10 »
Sometimes I play a monster hunter alone! The feeling of hitting is really awesome

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1072 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 09:05:07 »
Monster Hunter Rise has been GREAT. It feels so good to have the quality of live improvements made in World for the 5th gen of MH, but without the broken bs of the clutch claw. The game just feels so good to play! I've also been playing MH4U, which brings the total number of MH games I'm playing at once, at least in some capacity, to five... I may have a problem.

I've also been playing Super Mario 3D All Stars, not for 64 (I can emulate it better, and have a USB Brawler64 controller to do so that is much better suited for that game than the Switch controllers), but for Sunshine and Galaxy. For Sunshine, I have a GameCube, but haven't found a copy of Sunshine anywhere to play it on original hardware, and last I checked it's a little on the expensive side. For Galaxy, I don't even have the room to keep my GameCube set up long-term, not even counting the trouble I'd have to go through to even get a Wii and find a place to store it between uses. And as for emulation, setting up actual motion controls in an emulator is possible, but I don't want to have to go through all of the trouble just for the few first-and-second party games that were great for the console. Thing had a lot of games but most were shovelware.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #1073 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 01:13:46 »
I never know whether to post on this thread or the other computer games one.

Anywho, I've been playing through all the original Doom games lately since I never actually played through them entirely, except for Doom 1 on GBA with god mode on (which doesn't count because of cheating and also because all console ports are missing levels and such). I'm using save files and not starting over with a pistol when I die, so the games aren't terribly difficult.

So far, I've beaten Ultimate Doom, Sigil, Romero's E1M4b and E1M8b (holy crap this was hard), Doom II, Master Levels for Doom II, and most of TNT Evilution. Next, I'll play The Plutonia Experiment and then maybe some community mega wads if I'm not entirely sick of the games by then. So far the only one I really haven't enjoyed is the Master Levels. Doom II's base levels were a little annoying at times and not visually appealing as well, but not terrible.

------------------------------

I started "Hypnospace Outlaw" recently. At first, it was a little boring partly because I had to wrap my head around what exactly the objective of the game is, and all the mechanics have to be explained because it's not entirely intuitive. On my second play session tonight, I started to enjoy it. It really does capture the 90s-era Internet of AOL and Geocities pages, but the desktop experience is more like Amiga Workbench. All the music and art that went into it is also rather funny and creative. The premise of the game is a little weak though because it feels as though the developer just made a whole bunch of silly webpages and had to come up with a reason to make the player look through all of them. The way I've started thinking about it is I would be browsing the web late at night anyway, so why not browse the fictional web in this game? It would be interesting if there were some kind of multiplayer aspect where you could encounter other people in Hypnospace. Part of the odd feeling is knowing everything is fictional and no real people are there since it's supposed to be the Internet.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1074 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 08:49:42 »
So far, I've beaten Ultimate Doom, Sigil, Romero's E1M4b and E1M8b (holy crap this was hard), Doom II, Master Levels for Doom II, and most of TNT Evilution. Next, I'll play The Plutonia Experiment and then maybe some community mega wads if I'm not entirely sick of the games by then. So far the only one I really haven't enjoyed is the Master Levels. Doom II's base levels were a little annoying at times and not visually appealing as well, but not terrible.

Daikitana ?

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1075 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 09:19:04 »

Daikitana ?

I know this is either bait or a meme, but it's just bringing back memories of the one time I tried emulating Daikatana out of morbid curiosity...

Never again.

Also, I'm getting back into Warframe, so that's another massive time sink to add to the list of massive time sinks I'm playing...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1076 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 09:43:20 »

Daikitana ?

I know this is either bait or a meme, but it's just bringing back memories of the one time I tried emulating Daikatana out of morbid curiosity...

It's not the worst thing ever, but dated of course by modern standards.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #1077 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 11:09:25 »

Daikitana ?

It's not the worst thing ever, but dated of course by modern standards.

I kept reading that Daikatana has been greatly improved over the years, so I bought it a while back and played the first couple hours, and I did not enjoy it. All I remember is constantly stepping in poison or getting shot by poison and having to shoot very small flying enemies. Maybe I'll give it another shot someday.

Fifteen years ago or so, I bought the N64 version for my friend, which is considered even worse, and he actually rather enjoyed it. I, on the other hand, got stuck in the first or second level because I couldn't figure out where to go (I think it was something as simple as needing to crouch, but it wasn't obvious because the button combo for crouching was not intuitive IIRC).
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1078 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 12:01:12 »
I kept reading that Daikatana has been greatly improved over the years, so I bought it a while back and played the first couple hours, and I did not enjoy it. All I remember is constantly stepping in poison or getting shot by poison and having to shoot very small flying enemies. Maybe I'll give it another shot someday.

Fifteen years ago or so, I bought the N64 version for my friend, which is considered even worse, and he actually rather enjoyed it. I, on the other hand, got stuck in the first or second level because I couldn't figure out where to go (I think it was something as simple as needing to crouch, but it wasn't obvious because the button combo for crouching was not intuitive IIRC).

For me, the issues boiled down to the friendly AI just being absolutely terrible, the weapons just not feeling great, the story being terrible even for a FPS story from that time, and it just didn't feel anywhere near as good to play as some other games from the time, like Quake 2 and 3. I gave up when I ran into a game-breaking glitch that kicked one of the AI companions out of the level geometry right at the end of one of the levels, and I just did not want to play that level all the way through again. This is all me comparing it to other FPS games of the time because I was super interested in them for a while, now I just want to get them physical to play them on original hardware.

Everyone has preferences but Daikatana just is not mine, hands down.

Offline PradyXT

« Reply #1079 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 12:49:22 »
Minecraft, Valorant, and got into CSGO in like January.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1080 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 09:47:35 »
Been getting back in to Vermintide 2 with the new Kerillian class (because Kerillian is my favorite character in that game), and because the Chaos Wastes are immensely fun. They added what is essentially infinite replay value to a game that used to be much more limited in that aspect, even with the content-focused DLC released for it. Makes it an even better way to scratch that itch for a game that feels kinda like Left 4 Dead, but with a twist, until Warhammer 40K Darktide comes out. Which looks like it's going to be just as fun as Vermintide when it releases!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1081 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 13:05:08 »
Been getting back in to Vermintide 2 with the new Kerillian class (because Kerillian is my favorite character in that game), and because the Chaos Wastes are immensely fun. They added what is essentially infinite replay value to a game that used to be much more limited in that aspect, even with the content-focused DLC released for it. Makes it an even better way to scratch that itch for a game that feels kinda like Left 4 Dead, but with a twist, until Warhammer 40K Darktide comes out. Which looks like it's going to be just as fun as Vermintide when it releases!

You might like the upcoming Back 4 Blood

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1082 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 13:59:33 »
You might like the upcoming Back 4 Blood

Yeah, that game looks interesting as well. Just depends on how many of my friends I can convince to play it. Kinda like with that World War Z game? Really good game for the Left 4 Dead-style type of game, with really fun horde moments, but I couldn't convince any of my friends to get it with me to play, so it didn't grip me as much. I'm one of those people that really enjoys a game more when I have people to share the experience with.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1083 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 22:00:49 »
I bought blade assault the first day it came out and i'm having a bit of fun however its in beta so a lot of features are missing and it really shows

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1084 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 01:29:19 »
I am really starting to feel like Twilight Princess is not a very good game. In fact I'm starting to think it may be the worst mainline Zelda game ever made by a wide margin.

Offline mylordie

« Reply #1085 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 04:25:11 »
Rocket League is my everything for now. I play it for several months and already became a gold league member. I like it due to short games, as it was with Fall Guys.

Offline CbR4

« Reply #1086 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 09:07:12 »
A group of mates and I played Overwatch for the first time over the weekend. I've gone back to it several nights since then and have really been enjoying it. It's not my normal style of FPS game, I'm more a fan of the round-based games such as Counter-Strike and Valorant, but the different game modes and team compositions has really hooked me.

It is a game that I much rather playing with a group of friends though. I don't think I would have jumped in without others. Even if I had, I definitely wouldn't have had the fun and enjoyment if I was playing by myself.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1087 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 23:21:14 »
I love seeing Guilty Gear Strive doing so well, it warms my heart to see a fighting game getting such great numbers. Top selling game on Steam for the week is a fighting game! So rad. Also the game looks freakin beautiful.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1088 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 09:16:50 »
I love seeing Guilty Gear Strive doing so well, it warms my heart to see a fighting game getting such great numbers. Top selling game on Steam for the week is a fighting game! So rad. Also the game looks freakin beautiful.

I need to get Strive. I like fighting games (even though I'm not great at them), but I haven't been able to get Strive for a few main reasons. The first, and biggest, is that my spare cash has been going towards getting the tools and materials together to start building and painting myself a Warhammer 40K army. Since I have an airbrush I was recently gifted as a hand-me-down from a craft loving family member, that includes the cost of getting an air compressor I should've gotten a long time ago anyway (in case of flat tires), one of the smaller ones, but still pricey. Not to mention the cost of paints, the minis themselves, and some of the things I still need to get to finish getting my air compressor ready to go (such as thread tape for the fittings to finish getting some parts ready to be able to plug into the air compressor without leaking a ton of air from the tank).

The other big factor is that I just have a ton of games that I have, but need to get around to actually finishing, or in some cases, actually playing. I have this bad habit of letting games I legitimately enjoy pile up and up, never ceasing in their growth, while my attention shifts from one game to another too quick for me to finish the ones I have. Honestly, I'm going to blame that one on my untreated ADHD, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Still probably going to grab Strive soon-ish though, ArcSys games kick ass.

Also, to at least nominally get back on topic, I've been getting back into playing tons of Halo because of Infinite hype, and on my Switch I've decided to finally try and finish up BotW.

Offline seokjin

• smooth like butter
« Reply #1089 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 15:09:50 »
I'm currently playing Overwatch mainly after a long time of not playing it regularly and I'm really enjoying it again! Pretty excited for Overwatch 2 even though some of the announcements have been a bit lacklustre...

I'm also playing League of Legends, Apex Legends, Euro Truck Simulator 2 (really enjoying the Multiplayer Beta atm), Smite, FFXIV and Fall Guys! Too many games, such little time.

I'd be playing Animal Crossing as well but sadly my Switch died a few months back and I didn't really wanna pay what Nintendo asked me to pay to fix it. Hoping for the Switch Pro to be announced later in the year!

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1090 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 21:48:10 »
I got a quest 2 and am playing bigscreen vr

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1091 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 23:36:23 »
Superflight is really satisfying and fun. Highly recommended for just .74 you literally can't go wrong, it is a perfect game to just play for 10 mins here and there. I put my fan in front of me for the full sim feeling ;)

Also Ion Maiden FURY. Amazing to see what they did with the Build Engine, just insane. Really difficult though.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1092 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 03:23:10 »
I started playing Serious Sam 4 after picking it up on sale recently (after dieing twice in Satisfactory trying to setup a nuclear power plant).

It's very much like the First and Second Encounters, although with levels set in more or less present day Earth (actually a little in the future, but seems like it could be now).

Having played FE and SE several times each, I'm finding this one a little bit meh.  You walk along a long empty path, and suddenly enemies spawn high up on the rocks on either side.  You start shooting them, then hear the rumble of more coming from the far end of the path.  Repeat.  There's little scoping enemies from afar - they generally spawn only when you enter an area near their spawn points.

The graphics are pretty, but the maps are linear, and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep playing it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pippagray

« Reply #1093 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 18:56:28 »
It is well known that in video games, most of the actions that virtual characters take are acts of violence. Whether we're talking about firing a gun, wielding a sharp weapon, or jumping on Mario's enemies, we have to admit that "eliminating" opponents is not a very peaceful practice. To play a regular game, you need to find more information to not have the trauma of that violence or what can happen during the game XD. But already, everyone does what he wants with his life and what he wants to play.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1094 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 03:42:56 »
It is well known that in video games, most of the actions that virtual characters take are acts of violence. Whether we're talking about firing a gun, wielding a sharp weapon, or jumping on Mario's enemies, we have to admit that "eliminating" opponents is not a very peaceful practice. To play a regular game, you need to find more information to not have the trauma of that violence or what can happen during the game XD. But already, everyone does what he wants with his life and what he wants to play.

Dear Esther does not involve any violence.

Neither does The Witness.

Satisfactory has a minimum of violence to dispense with aggressive creatures, MOST of that game involves factory building.

What video game is pippagray currently playing (that is the point of the thread ...)?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline yui

« Reply #1095 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 03:47:59 »
What video game is pippagray currently playing (that is the point of the thread ...)?
(the link leads to a lol hack site, so none, it is a bot, look at the address)
and personally i play everspace (FTL but in 1st person i think is a good way to describe it) and a bit of payday 2 and factorio when in the mood for multiplayer/playing with friends
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1096 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 03:55:01 »
(the link leads to a lol hack site, so none, it is a bot, look at the address)
and personally i play everspace (FTL but in 1st person i think is a good way to describe it) and a bit of payday 2 and factorio when in the mood for multiplayer/playing with friends

Seems there's a few of those cropping up again.  It happens sometimes.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1097 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 09:04:30 »
Started playing Insurgency Sandstorm - last I played was during a F2P week/weekend.  So far liking it over my other offerings and CoD HC isn't much of a challenge - also loving the prox chat, missed that from my Halo 2 days.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #1098 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 10:09:03 »
So, apparently to fuel my addiction to grind-heavy, huge time investment games, a friend of mine introduced me to Spacelords. I now have yet another addiction.

Also, my sister convinced me to grab Total War: Warhammer II during the Summer Sale (to play with her and a mutual friend of ours), and I figured I should also grab the DLC for the vampire pirate faction because they're vampire pirates! Can't get much better than that imo for cool fantasy factions. Have yet to play the game, but since I'm not a fan of RTS I'll probably have battles on auto while mainly focusing on the turn-based main game, which is more my speed for strategy games (though I'm still not a fan of grand strategy games. I'd rather play WH40K tabletop lol).

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1099 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 12:14:15 »
So, apparently to fuel my addiction to grind-heavy, huge time investment games, a friend of mine introduced me to Spacelords. I now have yet another addiction.

Also, my sister convinced me to grab Total War: Warhammer II during the Summer Sale (to play with her and a mutual friend of ours), and I figured I should also grab the DLC for the vampire pirate faction because they're vampire pirates! Can't get much better than that imo for cool fantasy factions. Have yet to play the game, but since I'm not a fan of RTS I'll probably have battles on auto while mainly focusing on the turn-based main game, which is more my speed for strategy games (though I'm still not a fan of grand strategy games. I'd rather play WH40K tabletop lol).
Only way to top it is as Vampire Ninja Pirates. .

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D