Author Topic: Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) $64  (Read 1838 times)

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) $64
« on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 08:00:54 »
NewEgg has em on sale again... 20% off code RWAAC2002 ends 3/3

Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) $64
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 08:44:56 »
Yay! More red switches for $0.62/ea. Go get 'em, GH60ers. :D

Oh, and it's not a bad keyboard at all, if you really want to use it for typing, etc.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline yesult

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 08:58:39 »
still loads of people complaining about the usb connection coming loose

I got one for my wife for work and she loved it up until the usb connection came loose and then the keyboard was dead.  The RMA process went pretty smooth but we still had to spend shipping and they gave us in-store credit rather than a new keyboard or money back.

I thought they were supposed to have fixed that issue with a V2 of their keyboard or something.

Offline phx

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 09:10:11 »
Do most people carry their 104 keyboards around plugging and unplugging it everyday? Otherwise I don't see what can cause the usb to go loose if it's just sitting on your desk 24/7. I have a TKL board that I carry around between work and home.

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 10:54:51 »
Do most people carry their 104 keyboards around plugging and unplugging it everyday?
No.  I never unplugged mine.  It still broke.  I only unplug the keyboard about once every 5 years.

My Rosewill USB port broke from the abuse of lightly typing on it each day for a few weeks.

Otherwise I don't see what can cause the usb to go loose if it's just sitting on your desk 24/7.
You are not understanding how diabolically evil Rosewill is.

I have a TKL board that I carry around between work and home.
I never carried mine anywhere.
Defective product is defective.
Rosewill RK-9000RE #1 (Broke on day 26, fixed with Scotch Tape on day 42, barely holding together)
Rosewill RK-9000RE #2 (Lubed, still in the box.  I am afraid to use it because it will break like the first one)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 10:59:52 »
When the USB connector falls off, you can desolder the 104 red switches and use them in your GH60 or Phantom. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 11:04:38 »
still loads of people complaining about the usb connection coming loose
I thought they were supposed to have fixed that issue with a V2 of their keyboard or something.
That was a scam to get me to buy their keyboard.  I fell for it hook, line and sinker.  My brand new 2012 Rosewill broke from being typed on gently.  But before it broke they went on sale for $55.00 and free shipping from NewEgg so I bought a 2nd one and sent it to WhiteFireDragon to be lubed and when he opened it up he said the new ones actually have worse build quality than the older ones.  Doh!

I saw these went on sale for $64.00 today and thought about buying one for spare parts but... they were only $55.00 a couple of months ago.  Are they worth $9.00 more today?  No.

If you buy the keyboard to use it then you must factor in the cost of having the keyboard repaired or shipped back or something.  And associated stress, loss of productivity, etc.
Rosewill RK-9000RE #1 (Broke on day 26, fixed with Scotch Tape on day 42, barely holding together)
Rosewill RK-9000RE #2 (Lubed, still in the box.  I am afraid to use it because it will break like the first one)

Offline phx

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 11:34:34 »
Do most people carry their 104 keyboards around plugging and unplugging it everyday?
No.  I never unplugged mine.  It still broke.  I only unplug the keyboard about once every 5 years.

My Rosewill USB port broke from the abuse of lightly typing on it each day for a few weeks.

Otherwise I don't see what can cause the usb to go loose if it's just sitting on your desk 24/7.
You are not understanding how diabolically evil Rosewill is.

I have a TKL board that I carry around between work and home.
I never carried mine anywhere.
Defective product is defective.

well, damn, your rosewill sure lives up to your name.
I guess I just got lucky with mine, had it for many months.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 11:56:14 »
Dont ship the NYC...DAMN YOU NE!!!!!!!

Nice find !
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 21 February 2013, 13:38:11 »
i have no problem with my Rosewill so far, and I got it on sale for $20.... only one month so fart, but if the usb gets screwy, I will deslder it, solder it again and apply Gorilla glue on the sides and on the rear, voila!
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?