Author Topic: A TKL Alps PCB  (Read 2018 times)

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
A TKL Alps PCB
« on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 15:26:14 »
Hi All,

I am interested in making a TKL alps keyboard and want to build my own!

I have been given a keyboard from a friend who bought an old Chinoy which has some Monterey blue alps. I want to take these off the board as its has a rollerball mouse thing instead of the nav arrows. I am also now in love with the feels of these switches and really want to use them in a project!

Thanks in advance!

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
Re: A TKL Alps PCB
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 18:40:45 »
BlueNalgene has been working on his Alps Party Round 2 which includes a TKL board. I don't know how far he is with the PCB design for the TKL, a lot of work has gone into the numpad already.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 18:59:50 »
BlueNalgene has been working on his Alps Party Round 2 which includes a TKL board. I don't know how far he is with the PCB design for the TKL, a lot of work has gone into the numpad already.

Oooooo, I will have to take a look at this! Thanks for the info!

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 19:02:09 »

Oooooo, I will have to take a look at this! Thanks for the info!

Also, if you just want to make one keyboard, hand-wiring is a perfectly valid option. There are guides around the plate. You will need to create your plate drawing and get it laser-cut using swill's tool
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 19:04:57 »

Also, if you just want to make one keyboard, hand-wiring is a perfectly valid option. There are guides around the plate. You will need to create your plate drawing and get it laser-cut using swill's tool

I thought about hand wiring a version but if there is a PCB being made/ developed I would prefer to wait for the more elegant solution.

I have also used the Swill plate designer before, I have created both my TKL and 60% plates using this.

Offline Charger

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 19:14:53 »
I was just thinking that I saw someone else asking this on another forum when I read the title lol

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 19:16:25 »
I was just thinking that I saw someone else asking this on another forum when I read the title lol

Im like a rash, hard to get rid of :D