Author Topic: [IC] Prime_E : Ergo 45% - Updated 4/24/19:revised sample. GB starts May 3rd  (Read 70463 times)

Offline holtenc

Re: [IC] Prime_E : Ergo 45% - Updated 3/20/19: Samples
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 06:50:45 »
oh god. good lord. please, spread the love for this. don't make this a limited run.
Limited to 500 kits. Better hurry!

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 09:58:23 »
Looks great!

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #202 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 10:23:14 »
Damm they look so hot!

Any chance I can use it for my keyset renders?

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 10:43:07 »
Final won’t have the pocket or extraneous holes, right? I hope not. In for this 100% though

Offline Olitender

« Reply #204 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 12:54:06 »
Wow that red looks fantastic ..... Would look so good with jamon.....
Going into heat.

Offline holtenc

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 14:45:54 »
Final won’t have the pocket or extraneous holes, right? I hope not. In for this 100% though

Im getting samples from two different manufacturers. One of them added the pocket and holes for fixturing while machining. The other isn't.

Offline lootbag

« Reply #206 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 18:43:08 »
Looks great! Hoping to make this my first under 60% keyboard.

Offline hndle

« Reply #207 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 19:05:39 »
holy...looks great!!
definitely in.

Offline keimura

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 19:52:32 »
I'm super hyped! Awesome work!

Offline ParkYongSeung

« Reply #209 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 22:07:42 »
Is there a limit to my purchase quantity?

Offline holtenc

« Reply #210 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 23:24:28 »
Is there a limit to my purchase quantity?
Nope.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #211 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 02:12:12 »
I will buy this, 2 to be exact so I can mix the tops/bottoms. AND I WILL BUY YOUR UPCOMING GASKET VERSION OF THIS.

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #212 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 11:37:06 »
Would be great to know the full dimensions of the board. I know it's a 40% but looks like it extends out a bit because of the design (forgive me if the info is there, I couldn't see it on any of the updates posts you did).  Very exciting project though =D

Offline holtenc

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 12:03:57 »
Would be great to know the full dimensions of the board. I know it's a 40% but looks like it extends out a bit because of the design (forgive me if the info is there, I couldn't see it on any of the updates posts you did).  Very exciting project though =D

mm: 292.6 x 102.3  heights are 18.59 in front and 28.65 in back.
in: 11.52 x 4.028  heights are 0.73 in front and 1.13 in back.

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 18:32:52 »
Ace, thanks for that info =D

Offline The_Royal

• That's what I call, a Sunday.
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 19:25:35 »
oh god. good lord. please, spread the love for this. don't make this a limited run.

I don't think anyone here has the means to keep a full CNC'ed Aluminium 40% Ergo board in continuous stock lol.  It will most certainly be a GB. :)

Offline quaddepos

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 19:26:31 »

I don't think anyone here has the means to keep a full CNC'ed Aluminium 40% Ergo board in continuous stock lol.  It will most certainly be a GB. :)

I think he meant more like a max orders you see often now like with tgr or keycult stuff

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #217 on: Sat, 23 March 2019, 17:35:44 »
Looks at sample pic, looks at wallet...

Screw it I can live off ramen  :))

This looks great man!  Hoping to be able to snag one if my budget allows!!

Offline rflcrsr

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 23:39:35 »
Nice to see the new samples! Hoping there's plenty of interest in this still. I think it's a stellar layout and idea. When you are satisfied and this happens I am in for a red case, without a doubt, which is totally unlike me usually.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 March 2019, 23:51:40 by rflcrsr »

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #219 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 10:50:05 »
Looking really nice. We wait for more good news.

Offline holtenc

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 11:53:36 »
Just opened the samples. I'll take some pictures this afternoon and get the OP updated.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #221 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 11:55:17 »
Just opened the samples. I'll take some pictures this afternoon and get the OP updated.

Can't wait to see them and can't wait to order!

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 11:56:01 »

Awesome! So excited to see your own photos. Did you get anything from your other manufacturer yet?

Offline holtenc

« Reply #223 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 21:18:44 »

Awesome! So excited to see your own photos. Did you get anything from your other manufacturer yet?

Posted them in OP. No but they are making progress i think.

Offline cijanzen

Posted them in OP. No but they are making progress i think.

Nice! I think you forgot the album link though. Are you going to wait for the other manufacturer before opening up gb or are you pretty happy with these results?

Offline holtenc

Nice! I think you forgot the album link though. Are you going to wait for the other manufacturer before opening up gb or are you pretty happy with these results?

If you're on mobile I don't think that type of link shows up? Ill put in a direct as well.

I need to follow up with the manufacturer and see what kind of time frame we're looking at.

Offline snelltrail

Oooooh very nice! These look sooooo good! I'm having a really hard time picking a color, can't decide between red, gray and silver :|

Good problem to have I guess haha. 

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
New pictures look really good! Hype :)

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
Wow protos are really nice  :eek:

Offline kissingyou

So beautiful.
It feels dizzy.

Offline vonswoopington

The new pictures look great! Will the gap between the spacebar and the case be reduced or is it just the angle the pics are taken from?

Either way I'm in as I'm look for a small travel keyboard.
TGR 910 Polycarb | TGR Alice | TGR Unikorn | Lyn EM-7 | VE.A | Kyuu | E7-V1

Offline holtenc

The new pictures look great! Will the gap between the spacebar and the case be reduced or is it just the angle the pics are taken from?

Either way I'm in as I'm look for a small travel keyboard.
Thanks!. Yes it's a bit too big. Need to get out my calipers and see if it's my design or the manufacturer messed up.

Offline regionfree

Thanks!. Yes it's a bit too big. Need to get out my calipers and see if it's my design or the manufacturer messed up.

Is it too late to make the switches sink a bit lower? It could be the reason why the gap seems so wide between the keys and the edges surrounding it.

Offline Athlio

Is it too late to make the switches sink a bit lower? It could be the reason why the gap seems so wide between the keys and the edges surrounding it.

I second this.

Offline nothingzzz

looking forward to this GB

Offline holtenc

I second this.

agreed on all points. I think the bezel height needs to be raised by .5-.75mm and the spacing needs to be tightened up by about .5mm as well.

Offline dhw

Yeah, can't wait for this one!

Offline ullr

Glad the bezel height and spacing are getting fixed. I would have bought it anyway, but that will improve the look significantly.

Offline TuCZnak

Copying this here since it has been mentioned by holtenc in today's reddit thread:

"It's going to be expensive. I haven't worked out final pricing but all I can say right now is it's going to be over $300 but less than $330. Price breaks at certain MOQs."
"I'll put this out there: I need 80 or so GB participants just to recoupe expenses."

Offline holtenc

Copying this here since it has been mentioned by holtenc in today's reddit thread:

"It's going to be expensive. I haven't worked out final pricing but all I can say right now is it's going to be over $300 but less than $330. Price breaks at certain MOQs."
"I'll put this out there: I need 80 or so GB participants just to recoupe expenses."

:( pricing is a bummer for sure. that last bit is not to say that 80 is required to go to production. 50 or so will be the MOQ. 100+ will lend a small price break.

Offline regionfree

will probably be in for 2 of these, at least one. 2nd one depends on the colors available so I could mix and match the top and bottom.

:( pricing is a bummer for sure. that last bit is not to say that 80 is required to go to production. 50 or so will be the MOQ. 100+ will lend a small price break.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 April 2019, 17:24:21 by regionfree »

Offline kennardsmith

in for two
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline holtenc

will probably in for 2 of these, at least one. 2nd one depends on the colors available so I could mix and match the top and bottom.

in for two

fantastic. colors will be black, silver, gray and red. MOQ for custom anodizing was impossible, unfortunately.

Offline turbosloth

Wow really love the layout, and I'm keen to try a split non-Ortho 40%. That price is hefty for me but hopefully I'll have some cash ready. If I don't, I'd 100% grab the 3D printed version you mentioned in the reddit thread.

Offline b4d_tR1p

if the price won't be crazy I also want one  :thumb:

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/CC d-(--)>---x s:-(--)>--- a C++++(++++)>++ UBLC++++(+++)$>++ P++ L+++++(+++++)>+++++ E---(---)>--- W+++(+++)>+++ N+++ o++ K-- w O M++ !V- PS+++(+++)>+++ PE+++(+++)>+++ Y+++(+++)>+++ PGP++ t+ 5 X+ R tv- b++ DI++++ D+++ G++++ e+++ h- r++ y+++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Offline blizzara01

Wow really love the layout, and I'm keen to try a split non-Ortho 40%. That price is hefty for me but hopefully I'll have some cash ready. If I don't, I'd 100% grab the 3D printed version you mentioned in the reddit thread.
Looking forward to 3D printed version also  :thumb:

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
So the renders were pretty spot on!

The prototypes look great :thumb:

Offline holtenc

Yep they were/are great. Thanks again!

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5

Yep they were/are great. Thanks again!

Anytime!

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
Great board!

- is there an eta on when will the gb start? (Or gb will start as soon as you decide which manufacturer to go for)
- is the quantity capped at a certain figure and raffle will be implemented when the sale exceeds the figure? (I remember the MOQ is 80?)
- will the stab be plate mount only or we can choose for ourselves?

Thanks for your time and effort!