Author Topic: [IC] GMK Nuclear Data - Starting July 4  (Read 34667 times)

Offline indigowhale

Re: [IC] GMK Nuclear Data
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 02:09:10 »
As someone who works with radiation, I might need to purchase this... or at the very least the mods lol

Offline BloodyMarvel

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 03:52:39 »
It's not great, but it's not horrifying.

A possible idea for a novelty Enter key:
Чорн☢биль

And maybe a silhoutte of the tower on the ISO and/or Numpad Enter key.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 June 2020, 10:29:56 by BloodyMarvel »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 06:13:57 »
This is all the compatibility I could ever ask for in a base kit. For once I gotta say, good job Hiney.

That being said, though, I'm not sure why there are two R4 1u Fn keys.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 06:21:30 »
That being said, though, I'm not sure why there are two R4 1u Fn keys.

There aren't, one is R4 the other is R5

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 06:25:53 »
There aren't, one is R4 the other is R5

Yep, I'm blind. Thanks.

Offline ben56k

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 07:35:37 »
a green nuke kit I'm interested.

Offline econeuler

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 09:12:24 »
Where is Ø BTW ;)
Also think this would be cool!  :)

Offline dantambok

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 10:13:34 »
damn hiney i never though nuclear data would look so good as a GMK set
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 13:17:20 »
some renders added to the OP.

tkl one

hbcp

Bauer by Dixie Mech

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 15:00:17 »
You had me at R5.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 17:35:35 »
This looks really nice. I feel like the word “Activate” doesn’t fit as well though, maybe something like “Detonate” would fit better

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 18:43:18 »
love this color!

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 19:18:16 »
hell yeah

Megaforce not asking for hiragana subs smh.

Offline Ternt

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 20:22:30 »
Instabuy. Love mono sets!

Offline bliss

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 05:52:29 »
Cool set. And R5 is rad! Any chance of R0 as well?

+1 Exactly my thoughts. If this is anything like Boneyard, R0 would increase the price, is that correct?

T0mb3ry about the novelties kit of GMK Boneyard:
I got two quotes from GMK for this kit. One quote was with R0/R5 support and one without. So it was done to compare the pricing and unfortunately it increases the pricing significantly.

Of course part of the premium was attributed to a number of extra keys in the kit for R0/R5 support, but still.

Very happy about R5 in ND! Good selling point as I see it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 June 2020, 05:55:21 by bliss »

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 06:13:47 »

+1 Exactly my thoughts. If this is anything like Boneyard, R0 would increase the price, is that correct?

I got two quotes from GMK for this kit. One quote was with R0/R5 support and one without. So it was done to compare the pricing and unfortunately it increases the pricing significantly.

Of course part of the premium was attributed to a number of extra keys in the kit for R0/R5 support, but still.

Having R0 does not make it more expensive but having both R0 and R1 f-rows (trying to please everyone will not work!). You have to make a decision here.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 06:18:42 »
That said, regardles if it will be R0 or R1 f-row - GMK Nuclear Data is must have set for me and i will get it anyway. Nuclear Data is a historical and thus geeky/nerdy set for me and i would prefer it having historical full cherry profile rows (0,1,2,3,4,5).

Offline Capsy

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 06:34:19 »

Having R0 does not make it more expensive but having both R0 and R1 f-rows (trying to please everyone will not work!). You have to make a decision here.
Could just have a R0 keys in a separate kit like TA90 did.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 06:39:43 »
Any set that has a handful of top row novelties will have a bad time when using R0. When you have R11 at the top, you can use the same novelties on the top row on TKL/Fullsize/CP/75% as well as 60%/65%/HHKB etc. Once you change that to R01, you'll either have to duplicate them all, or split them up which makes them less versatile/inaccessible depending on the layout.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 06:39:53 »

Could just have a R0 keys in a separate kit like TA90 did.

That could work but the only concern here is to meet the MOQ of 100 kits... Thus its better to make it the standard/default or don't introduce it at all.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 06:47:22 »
Ah yeah. The Novelties will make it difficult to have a R0 kit.

Offline bliss

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 07:18:45 »

Ok, I understood R0 increased cost out of proportion!

Any set that has a handful of top row novelties will have a bad time when using R0. When you have R11 at the top, you can use the same novelties on the top row on TKL/Fullsize/CP/75% as well as 60%/65%/HHKB etc. Once you change that to R01, you'll either have to duplicate them all, or split them up which makes them less versatile/inaccessible depending on the layout.

Now that you explain it, obvious ;) One has to see the whole picture, and silly me was just looking at the fullsize sitting in front of me.

Thank you both for enlightening me!

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 09:18:04 »
Quick musings ahoy!

- Out of all the novelties, the β keycap in the base kit is the one I dig the most.

- Full English (UK) WITH tertiary legends (nice), but no AltGr keys?

- Ne R3 \| avail?

- Would orange 2.75U and 2.25U space bars be a good addition to the space bar kit?

- I keep trying to think of a good "omega radiation" reference, to justify a "Ne Ω avail?" quip, but I can't come up with anything.

Offline BloodyMarvel

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 09:30:40 »
My take on the novelties right now:

Too many cool R1 novelties (wouldn't know where to put all of them on the board).

No cool R5 novelties (don't really consider "Nuclear"/"Data"/"Nuke" novelties. Would suggest moving a couple of the R1 novelties to R5)

Can't find a common application for the R4 3.6 Roentgen/hour novelty. Maybe as a replacement for the 3 on the numpad, or as an Fn key, but too few boards use those keys for it to find common use.

Also, don't know what the R1 arrow keys represent. (Not being a nuclear scientist or reactor operator)

Offline h9n9n3

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 21:14:50 »
THanks so much for running this I'm 10000% IN!!!!!!!!!!
And personally would not join for R0. The profile seemed too tall for me.

Offline bliss

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 08:44:27 »
I think the novelties kit is absolutely brilliant, you just might want to add an orange R1 SCRAM key for a more consistent look for those who prefer that (since AZ-5 is Russian and the rest of the set is American / British).

But by all means, please keep the AZ-5!!

EDIT: it could be better not to cram SCRAM on a 1u keycap, I think bottom row novelties would be nice for this as well.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2020, 14:31:33 by bliss »

Offline mutthunt

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 09:16:19 »
Fantastic set..

..but wheres my big red LAUNCH enter key? ABORT backspace?
I guess there's so much fun to be had with this type of set

Offline bliss

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 14:42:05 »
Fantastic set..

..but wheres my big red LAUNCH enter key? ABORT backspace?
I guess there's so much fun to be had with this type of set

This has morphed from an X-ray analysis system at first to a nuclear reactor control and now to a rocket launch system :D

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 16:52:05 »
I think the novelties kit is absolutely brilliant, you just might want to add an orange R1 SCRAM key for a more consistent look for those who prefer that (since AZ-5 is Russian and the rest of the set is American / British).

EDIT: it could be better not to cram SCRAM on a 1u keycap, I think bottom row novelties would be nice for this as well.

"Scram" as an alternative legend for "Super"? That's a rather interesting idea...

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 03:16:08 »

"Scram" as an alternative legend for "Super"? That's a rather interesting idea...

I think "Scram" and "Shim" would both work really well in the place of "Nuclear" and "Data" personally. Also, I know "Activate" is cannon to the OG set but "Initiate" makes more sense to me.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 04:01:10 »
Reminds me of Kaiju a lot. Kinda wish the green was less foresty.

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 04:50:32 »
It might be a better version of "Nautilus Nightmare," with a proper contrast on the Alphas ;) I love both btw and will support it!

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 06:02:45 »

It might be a better version of "Nautilus Nightmare," with a proper contrast on the Alphas ;) I love both btw and will support it!

This set is a not recreation of an old SA set that was run years back. I know a lot of people would be disappointed if they changed the shade of green or changed the color of the alphas
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2020, 13:57:27 by iamtootallforthis »

Offline break

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 09:45:09 »

This set is a not recreation of an old SA set that was run years back. I know a lot of people would be disappointed if they changed the shade of green or changed the color of the alphas

Agreed, the set's colors are absolutely classic.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2020, 13:57:38 by iamtootallforthis »

Offline AT

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 19:58:15 »
Colors are awesome , novelties are fire .

Maybe include a letter "Ч" (with a radioactive motif or ... a mutation of some sort) in novelties or wherever you deem possible for that instant scare factor ,"Чорнобиль/Chernobyl" .

Definite buy  :) .
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2020, 20:05:08 by AT »

Offline BloodyMarvel

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 05:04:42 »
It's not great, but it's not horrifying.

A possible idea for a novelty Enter key:
Чорн☢биль

And maybe a silhoutte of the tower on the ISO and/or Numpad Enter key.

Colors are awesome , novelties are fire .

Maybe include a letter "Ч" (with a radioactive motif or ... a mutation of some sort) in novelties or wherever you deem possible for that instant scare factor ,"Чорнобиль/Chernobyl" .

Definite buy  :) .

That's 2 votes  :thumb:

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 21:27:31 »
NE RAMA CAPS AVAIL
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 00:16:19 »

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 00:49:20 »
NE RAMA CAPS AVAIL

Collaborations, vendors, more kits and renders, and pricing to come soon.

:cool:

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 12:41:49 »
cadet kit added.

Offline dallman5

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 12:44:46 »
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline Capsy

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 12:46:08 »

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 13:55:46 »
Love the cadet kit. On brand with the arrow novelties.

Offline p3dstore

• P3D Store
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 14:16:57 »
Love the addition of the Cadet kit. Any plans for 40% support? Would make it mighty reasonable to pick up Cadet alphas a 40s kit for "cheap" GMK coverage.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 14:29:45 »
A Nuclear Data set and no VIM keys?  Come on ;-)

Offline GreenUranium

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 14:35:38 »
This is a major major major GO

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 03:42:40 »
Loving these kits. Hiney, you can drop the 1.75u from the spacebars kit since there's no 40s support (and if it's added later, the key should be in the 40s kit since only 40% boards use it).

Have you considered including the orange Enter and Esc in the base kit?

Offline ab042896

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 09:16:02 »
Possibility of orange numpad enter novelty/accent?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 11:34:06 »
the group buy will start on July 4, and run until August 1. Vendors will be announced soon!

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 11:47:11 »
the group buy will start on July 4, and run until August 1. Vendors will be announced soon!

Hell yes