Author Topic: Vote for Trump  (Read 165342 times)

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
Re: Vote for Trump
« Reply #450 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 10:21:07 »
Where my Trump caps at so I can smash some faces?
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #451 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 11:01:13 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:36:52 by alienman82 »

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #452 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 11:28:37 »
Just don't watch Megyn Kelly lol
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #453 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 12:30:15 »

And I have learned and gleaned so much from those conversations, and treasure the people on all sides of the issues.

As a general observation, I would agree with you.

However, with regard to the future Trump presidency and its cabal of perpetrators, I have never heard any hint of substantive "dialogue" that raised my knowledge, awareness, or understanding of the world, nor have I detected any intent on their part to do so.

They love to pontificate on what they plan to do, but no explanations are ever forthcoming as to the "why" or how this will improve the condition of the country and the world.

The exchange of ideas occurs in the discussions and explanations, and these have been painfully conspicuous in their absence.

watch fox news for a week.  I double dare you

In my opinion, all MSM is pretty much the echo chamber that I talked about.  Talk radio used to be my way of getting news, but Neal Boortz is off the air, and I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement, and I can't get WSB where I moved, so I've had to move online to find anything.  I miss Royal Marshall from his show... RIP.  I love to listen to news where they are critical and analytical- and most (all) of the TV just has too much bias showing.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #454 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 13:30:13 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:35:33 by alienman82 »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #455 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 15:31:36 »
Does he have an online presence that I can listen to?  Or is it just XM?  I've looked at XM and Sirius, but never actually subscribed to either :(

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #456 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 18:31:14 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:35:23 by alienman82 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #457 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 21:30:35 »

I have been subjected to that TV station at my father-in-law's house for the past few days.

It is the most mindless and inane pig**** that I have ever heard, even worse than it was in years past when I have heard it before.

Joseph Geobbels would be profoundly gratified.

"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #458 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 22:19:56 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:35:18 by alienman82 »

Offline ygor

« Reply #459 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 22:22:18 »
People still watch television?
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #460 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 22:26:33 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:35:16 by alienman82 »

Offline ygor

« Reply #461 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 23:06:09 »
Non-holographic? Pleb.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #462 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 02:13:57 »
People still watch television?

i got cnbc/ bloomberg on most of the time.  Basically I'm paying $50 a month for these 2 channels..

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #463 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 02:35:43 »
cnn and fox are both ****

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #464 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 10:25:55 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:35:11 by alienman82 »

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #465 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 19:32:40 »

I have been subjected to that TV station at my father-in-law's house for the past few days.

It is the most mindless and inane pig**** that I have ever heard, even worse than it was in years past when I have heard it before.

Joseph Geobbels would be profoundly gratified.

well there isn't much I can stand on CNN...

It's basically every citizen best interest to not pay attention to television or radio "news", regardless of whether you think it supports your viewpoint.  All of these "news" sources are designed to capture a reliable audience so they can sell that viewership or listenership to advertisers and keep a steady profit.   They have very little interest in providing accurate news, great analysis, or generally quality journalism.  The level of analysis is rarely better than anything you can find a short article.  If you listen or watch these sources regularly, they invade your way into your brain and affect your way of thinking, often leaving you angry and hating on some Other or spacegoat.

Do yourself a favor and stop watching TV news, or listening to talk radio, and replace all that with reading long-form articles from sources that are not propaganda and still practice journalistic integrity.  You'll be more knowledgeable, improve your understanding and analysis of events, feel smarter, be able to have better discussions, and probably not be so pissed off at some Other.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #466 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 22:51:30 »
So about this recount......

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #467 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 06:56:35 »
So about this recount......

A recount is a legal, democratic process.  While I am a bit worried that billionaire and Democratic supportrr George Soros is potentially behind this, I hope the results do not significantly change as a testament to the accuracy of the process and to disprove bogus claims of widespread voter fraud.

What worries me more is that the president-elect makes wild, unsubstantiated claims on social media without any evidence whatsoever, tens of millions of Americans eat it up without questioning, and it's all used as a distraction from whatever nonsense he is doing in the meantime (e.g. more questionable Cabinet appointments).

« Last Edit: Mon, 28 November 2016, 07:43:37 by vivalarevolución »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #468 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 07:22:08 »
The recount is ridiculous. It will be like the FBI, especially the 2nd time around: "Uh, sorry, still nothing there."

There are so many things that need attention: Russia, fake charities, countless violations of election law, innumerable conflicts of interest - before you even get to the true horribleness of what Ryan and his cronies plan to do that is in direct conflict with the will of 80% of the people of the country.

And it will take at least a couple of years for Trump's supporters to finally accept that he will not be bringing back any jobs.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #469 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 07:53:10 »
Yes, it's a distraction, that is for sure.  The cult of personality and culture is strong with some Trump supporters, I do not believe that if he does not deliver, his supporters will flee.  Listen to conservative TV, radio, and read the websites, and the whole purpose is to make people angry at liberals, the left, or whatever.  If you constantly expose yourself to that message, you will do anything to vote against the left, even if the people you vote for are con artists that use your support to advance their own interests.

Even if factories start magically reviving and popping up in the Rust Belt, they will be heavily automated with a fraction of the employees they used to employ and require skilled workers with proper training and education.  New factories are not a place where everybody and their brother can land a job and be thrown on the line with minimal training.

Believing that Trump can revive the dead and dying factory and farm towns of Middle America is akin to a a Hail Mary pass at the end of a football game.  It might work, but the odds are very slim.  I have lived here and traveled here my whole life, I've watched these places decline further even in my lifetime; they do not turnaround in four years.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 November 2016, 10:06:05 by vivalarevolución »

Offline dantan

« Reply #470 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 08:17:42 »

Mr Digs, sorry for asking but I'm really surprised your father in law is still alive. I remember reading that you were the oldest member of this forum at 76 or 78 years old.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #471 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 08:39:09 »
OK...

New theory..

Trump hired Russian Hackers to Rig election Results ??

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #472 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 08:52:46 »

I remember reading that you were the oldest member of this forum

I ain't dead yet! I am actually extremely close to Liam Neeson and Dan Akyroyd in age, just for reference.

I keep asking whether anybody here is older than my 64-1/2, but nobody pipes up any more.

But yes, my father-in-law is an 83-year-old drug addict who has been suffering from dementia for years - seems like a typical Fox TV enthusiast to me.

http://qz.com/738346/fox-newss-biggest-problem-isnt-the-ailes-ouster-its-that-its-average-viewer-is-a-dinosaur/
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline dantan

« Reply #473 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 08:59:43 »
But yes, my father-in-law is an 83-year-old drug addict who has been suffering from dementia for years - seems like a typical Fox TV enthusiast to me.

http://qz.com/738346/fox-newss-biggest-problem-isnt-the-ailes-ouster-its-that-its-average-viewer-is-a-dinosaur/

Were you joking about the drug addict part? I don't think someone who regularly shoots up could still be alive at 83.

I don't think Trump is as bad as the news media makes him look. Trump talks big but he doesn't have a record of invasions and foreign interventions unlike Hillary. I suspect a president Hillary would be very good at saying the right thing to the media, but would continue the policies of invasions and bombings that I dislike so much.

Offline iri

« Reply #474 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 09:23:53 »
There are so many things that need attention: Russia
Leave us alone.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #475 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 10:15:09 »

Were you joking about the drug addict part? I don't think someone who regularly shoots up could still be alive at 83.

I don't think Trump is as bad as the news media makes him look. Trump talks big but he doesn't have a record of invasions and foreign interventions unlike Hillary. I suspect a president Hillary would be very good at saying the right thing to the media, but would continue the policies of invasions and bombings that I dislike so much.

And that the describes the major dilemma of the election for many people.

Trump is as bad as he makes himself out to be.  The latest is claims of widespread voter fraud via Twitter without any evidence whatsoever.  So he tweets conspiracy theories on social media like your idiot relatives or friends from high school, probably to distract from more substantive issues with his transition. Your next president, people.

What scares me the most is all the historians that describe the similarities between the current political climate with our elected/appointed officials and previous governments that have lurched towards autocracy.

Offline dantan

« Reply #476 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 11:03:36 »

What scares me the most is all the historians that describe the similarities between the current political climate with our elected/appointed officials and previous governments that have lurched towards autocracy.

Hillary won't have become a dictator, but that is because she is too indebted to the many parties that have supported her. Such as big businesses, the Washington elite, foreign politicians, minority interests. These people will also make it hard for her to pursue an independent policy freed from old baggage.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #477 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 14:34:47 »
i took a break from GH for a month and thread is tl;dr. Summary? is GH ****ting itself over trump? I know I was.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #478 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 14:38:14 »
i took a break from GH for a month and thread is tl;dr. Summary? is GH ****ting itself over trump? I know I was.

No..

hillary camp still peeved..

And now recount

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #479 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 14:52:31 »

No..

hillary camp still peeved..

And now recount

LOL'd at recount. Wasn't that what Trump was saying hed do if hed lost? vivalarevolución makes a good point.

And that the describes the major dilemma of the election for many people.

Trump is as bad as he makes himself out to be.  The latest is claims of widespread voter fraud via Twitter without any evidence whatsoever.  So he tweets conspiracy theories on social media like your idiot relatives or friends from high school, probably to distract from more substantive issues with his transition. Your next president, people.

[/quote]

I of course think that the media's caricature of trump is probably a bit overblown. However I agree that Trump's image depends on how he makes it. There was an interesting thread on Reddit saying that Trump's campaign/public image is outlined in entirety in Ahe Art of the Deal. Basically that any publicity good or bad is good pablicity. I'm not really a Trump supporter but I am CERTAIN that he'll mellow out and wont declare WWIII or something

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #480 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 17:36:47 »

I am CERTAIN that he'll mellow out and wont declare WWIII or something

With the foaming-at-the-mouth crazies all around him, he might well stumble into it, however, even if he doesn't "declare" it.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #481 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 18:29:34 »
What movies do you think Trump will request during his term? At least we can get a little bit of insight from the feature flicks of the president-elect

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #482 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 18:41:03 »

With the foaming-at-the-mouth crazies all around him, he might well stumble into it, however, even if he doesn't "declare" it.

why does that matter to you.. you're already a million years old.. they won't send u to war.. hahahahaha...

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #483 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 18:53:43 »

why does that matter to you.. you're already a million years old.. they won't send u to war.. hahahahaha...

That doesn't mean he wouldn't potentially have loved ones serving during a war regarding something only the gods would know about

Offline ygor

« Reply #484 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 18:55:26 »

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #485 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 19:00:48 »

That doesn't mean he wouldn't potentially have loved ones serving during a war regarding something only the gods would know about

But fohat will expire well before the worst of --The War-- (2-3 years into one).  so no matter what,  one can not intervene when the worst comes.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #486 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 21:11:27 »
Tp4 roasting Fohat, but we all know Tp4 much older
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #487 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 21:17:58 »
Show Image

your avatar makes this so much more funny

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #488 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 23:28:21 »
Show Image

your avatar makes this so much more funny

Tp4 am quite old in the head..  I feel fohat's outlook is much younger than my own.. On the forums, he's demonstrated child-like naivety and fervently unrealistic optimism..

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #489 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 08:10:54 »
Here's an interesting perspective on where Trump might be going with all the constant blatent lies.  Basically, don't fool yourself into thinking this presidency is about anything more than power, control, adulation, and self advancement.  He will throw out a few bones to keep the populist appeal, but that is a deliberate strategy to maintain support and power.  He uses classic political strategy, but to a greater degree than what I have seen before in this country, and only read about in other countries.

https://thinkprogress.org/when-everything-is-a-lie-power-is-the-only-truth-1e641751d150#.w57ggf4jk

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #490 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 09:31:08 »
Here's an interesting perspective on where Trump might be going with all the constant blatent lies.  Basically, don't fool yourself into thinking this presidency is about anything more than power, control, adulation, and self advancement.  He will throw out a few bones to keep the populist appeal, but that is a deliberate strategy to maintain support and power.  He uses classic political strategy, but to a greater degree than what I have seen before in this country, and only read about in other countries.

https://thinkprogress.org/when-everything-is-a-lie-power-is-the-only-truth-1e641751d150#.w57ggf4jk

Saying something has nothing to do with what has been said,  rather it has everything to do with the desired OUTCOME of having said what's been said.

THE ENDS always justify the means..

The intelligent will teach this in the opposite to placate an uprising of the lesser.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #491 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 10:02:30 »

Saying something has nothing to do with what has been said,  rather it has everything to do with the desired OUTCOME of having said what's been said.

The intelligent will teach this in the opposite to placate an uprising of the lesser.

You seem to be using the methodology, because what you said makes no sense.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #492 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 19:59:45 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #493 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 22:17:29 »
So Obama is having a press conference tomorrow....word on the street is he will be announcing a delay in the transition to President-Elect Trump because of the Russian hacking :eek:

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #494 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 22:44:43 »

You seem to be using the methodology, because what you said makes no sense.

When someone asks,  Does this shirt make me look fat..

YOUR choice of the CORRECT answer is dependent upon the desired outcome ONLY.

The answer could either be Yes or No.   None of the solutions need to be the TRUTH of whether the shirt is fattening.. It can be...  but it DOES NOT HAVE to be..

What if your desired outcome is to get free cheese, because this person's father owns a cheese shop, and appeasing this person's insecurity is a sure way to get cheese..

Well, then Yes or No, has no meaning relative to what's been ask or what you've replied..

The goal is CHEESE..  By whatever means necessary..

The point is.. it doesn't matter what you SAY or DO,  as long as you're on track to get what you want..

In that way.. Trump won..  it's that simple..  He did it HIS WAY..   

Vegetables are fertilized with poo.. but such material can still end up in a 5`star restaurant commanding a premium..

Anything can be anything.. as long as the goal is on track and clear

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #495 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 22:45:24 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:28:03 by alienman82 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #496 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 22:51:38 »
ray why did you have to bump this T_T

¯\(°_o)/¯

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #497 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 22:53:10 »
ray why did you have to bump this T_T

¯\(°_o)/¯

The thing about russian hacking is..

No one said you couldn't use Russian hacking to win the presidency..

If anything.. that's resourcefulness,  on top of improving international Relations..

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #498 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 09:12:40 »
I'm really afraid for the world right now.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2016, 09:17:35 by Findecanor »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #499 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 11:20:58 »
I'm really afraid for the world right now.

Me too. I never thought that it could ever even happen at all, but this is turning out far worse than I would have imagined it could.

The idea that he would select the biggest fattest ugliest alligators in the country to populate his swamp should not be surprising since he is a pathological liar and only cares about wealthy people, but the White Supremacist/Radical Religious thing really blindsided me. During the campaign I thought that he was just talking that trash to stir up the haters.

There are more than enough smoking guns to derail his ascent: campaign law violations, conflicts of interest, foreign money, lawsuits, ineligible appointments, Putin, security breaches, the list could go on. But who is there to initiate and follow through with the process?
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28