Author Topic: The Nerdy Panzebronkey  (Read 1479 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
The Nerdy Panzebronkey
« on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 11:17:48 »
Been sitting on this build a while, but I finally put it together last night.

NERD 60 PCB
Invyr Panda linears
Aliexpress Zebrawood case
GMK Monkey Keycaps
Orange backplate from Sentraq
Orange 1.8mm leds

Yes, its the:
167712-0

I had my reservations about the panda switches when I first got them a while back.  I was not impressed by the smoothness of the switch as compared to my favorite, Gateron blacks.  But the switches have grown on me.  I do like the heaviness. 

Weird issue though, I've had 2 switches develop a squeak.  I swapped one out completely but now that a second has started to make noise, it looks like I'm going to have to open it up and see what is going on.  Anyone have suggestions?  I haven't been following the GB thread closely enough to know if it is a common issue.

The case is amazing for the price, and I recommend it highly.  They were selling recently on ebay as well, but just search on Aliexpress for GH60 case and you'll find many listings.  I believe I paid $44 with free shipping. It looks like $100 easily.

More pics for ya:
167714-1

167716-2

Offline Coreda

Re: The Nerdy Panzebronkey
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 11:20:20 »
Sweet combo  :thumb: The wood case is a nice match for the the orange monkey caps.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: The Nerdy Panzebronkey
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 11:29:41 »
Sweet combo  :thumb: The wood case is a nice match for the the orange monkey caps.

Thanks.  Just worried about the switches squeaking.  That would certainly be the C-C-C-COMBO breaker!