Author Topic: [IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set  (Read 104715 times)

Offline DarkShot

• Professional Procrastinator
Re: [IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 01:49:57 »
OP reorganized and updated.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 02:09:07 »
Ok put me down for one of everything. I think that'll be Base set, tenkey, tsangan, dark modifiers. Only thing I wouldn't want is the iso set.

Just a side note of little importance, when I suggested modifiers I meant for them to be the same as the base set, possibly with a "~`" to backspace grey on orange number row to get the cool looking layout where the number row divides the F row from the other side of the keyboard. Similar to how the Sanctuary set will have an extra red number row. Although the darker grey does look cool in the mock up, but I don't think an orange number row would match that. Don't want it to get too complicated.

edit: also don't forget to put extra spacebars into the group buy portion. That one is a must in my opinion.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 02:17:49 »
Just a side note of little importance, when I suggested modifiers I meant for them to be the same as the base set, possibly with a "~`" to backspace grey on orange number row to get the cool looking layout where the number row divides the F row from the other side of the keyboard. Similar to how the Sanctuary set will have an extra red number row. Although the darker grey does look cool in the mock up, but I don't think an orange number row would match that. Don't want it to get too complicated.

edit: also don't forget to put extra spacebars into the group buy portion. That one is a must in my opinion.

I took it as was posted:

Any chance for a charcoal modifier set to go along with this similar to how RA2.0 had red and tan?

And to be fair I like the way it currently looks.

As for the spacebars, I probably won't go about doing that. Those who need a larger spacebar for the tsangan kit will have it included, and having specially sized spacebars is somewhat pointless if the different sized mods aren't there to go along with it for those keyboards with slightly odd layouts.

Offline Kaysa

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 02:33:11 »
Hmmm.... seeing the charcoal on the orange kind of throws me off. Would it be possible to see an inversed mockup (charcoal mods)?
Show Image

It's more of a black, but gets the idea started at least.

Not much feeling on the white legend, but the position and size of the font is looking great on the Alphabet keys.
Currently Using:
HHKB Pro2 Black with Pink blank keycaps
Topre Realforce 10th Anniversary 2nd Batch "Silent" Varied Weight force.

Offline JSchool

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 03:00:44 »

Another thing suggested would be to do inverted Orange on Charcoal mods. The base colour for these would be darker than the charcoal used on the Alpha keys.

Show Image

This MUST be made.

Offline chrono000

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 03:44:33 »

Another thing suggested would be to do inverted Orange on Charcoal mods. The base colour for these would be darker than the charcoal used on the Alpha keys.

Show Image

This MUST be made.

I have to admit this looks handsome.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 04:07:31 »

You evil doers......it definitely looks nice.  But I personally think we need more Orange in the mix.  Having it close to 98% Greys, well makes it nearly all monotone and I don't think DarkShot wanted it to be that way.  But who knows.........?

Offline chrono000

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 04:15:36 »

You evil doers......it definitely looks nice.  But I personally think we need more Orange in the mix.  Having it close to 98% Greys, well makes it nearly all monotone and I don't think DarkShot wanted it to be that way.  But who knows.........?

Yeah I agree actually. More orange in the mix.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 04:38:46 »
I kinda like the pic in the OP with orange modifiers.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline zongeva

« Reply #259 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 04:58:14 »

Show Image

I like everything of this except the arrow legends.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 09:57:10 »
ditto on position and size are nice, not color scheme

orange on charcoal ;D

Hmmm.... seeing the charcoal on the orange kind of throws me off. Would it be possible to see an inversed mockup (charcoal mods)?
Show Image

It's more of a black, but gets the idea started at least.

Not much feeling on the white legend, but the position and size of the font is looking great on the Alphabet keys.
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 11:00:58 »
Feedback is good! That's the entire purpose of the thread.

The alternate mods was something proposed and I wasn't completely against it, hence the idea being voiced.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 11:29:45 »
I took it as was posted:

Any chance for a charcoal modifier set to go along with this similar to how RA2.0 had red and tan?

As for the spacebars, I probably won't go about doing that. Those who need a larger spacebar for the tsangan kit will have it included, and having specially sized spacebars is somewhat pointless if the different sized mods aren't there to go along with it for those keyboards with slightly odd layouts.
Yea things are a bit messy with the comparison to RA2.0 because the base of that set was all white and then the modifier sets spiced it up. OCKC comes spicy already with orange mods so I thought a charcoal mod set would give some of the people who like a vanilla layout the opportunity to buy this set. I do like the look of the Orange and charcoal with orange on dark? charcoal, but that almost seems like an attempt at an orange dolch set. When I imagined an orange on charcoal mod set I didn't think it would be interpreted as dark charcoal instead, but like I said I'm sorry for not being clear on that. What I was thinking would look more like this mock up from the LZ blog:

Just ignore the font and extra keys, the look I'm talking about would be charcoal instead of white, and the red number row and arrow keys would be orange. I don't want you to think I'm attacking you or the group buy. I'm just posting what I am interested in because it is what people have purchased before in other group buys.
Also we need extra 6.2x spacebar for when we wear out the one the regular set comes with, sorry for not clarifying.

It looks good but if I want to buy orange dolch I want cherry legends. This set should be the WYSE set that sends the stock SP font out with a bang.

A lot of these clarity issues would be eliminated if anyone could make mock ups, we need the vector files in the wiki since a picture says 1000 words or something like that  :p
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 October 2012, 11:31:32 by danielucf »

Offline Glissant

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 11:29:51 »
The Geek and Hack super mods are a great idea for this set. I also really love the inverted orange on darker charcoal/gray mods.

Can't wait to see this come together.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 11:47:16 »

Show Image

This MUST be made.

This should be a post-Dolch Cherry set.  Looks awesome.

Offline Xerobasix

« Reply #265 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 11:52:39 »

Show Image

This MUST be made.

I agree.  It looks fantastic.  Kind of makes me want to play HL2...
CM Quickfire Rapid - Brown | Blue | Red

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 11:55:44 »
I took it as was posted:

Yea things are a bit messy with the comparison to RA2.0 because the base of that set was all white and then the modifier sets spiced it up. OCKC comes spicy already with orange mods so I thought a charcoal mod set would give some of the people who like a vanilla layout the opportunity to buy this set. I do like the look of the Orange and charcoal with orange on dark? charcoal, but that almost seems like an attempt at an orange dolch set. When I imagined an orange on charcoal mod set I didn't think it would be interpreted as dark charcoal instead, but like I said I'm sorry for not being clear on that. What I was thinking would look more like this mock up from the LZ blog:
Show Image

Just ignore the font and extra keys, the look I'm talking about would be charcoal instead of white, and the red number row and arrow keys would be orange. I don't want you to think I'm attacking you or the group buy. I'm just posting what I am interested in because it is what people have purchased before in other group buys.
Also we need extra 6.2x spacebar for when we wear out the one the regular set comes with, sorry for not clarifying.

It looks good but if I want to buy orange dolch I want cherry legends. This set should be the WYSE set that sends the stock SP font out with a bang.

A lot of these clarity issues would be eliminated if anyone could make mock ups, we need the vector files in the wiki since a picture says 1000 words or something like that  :p

I know you aren't so there's no worries there. Once you clarified I knew what you meant, but I'm not entirely feeling it personally. I don't think it looks that great on this set.

As for the mockup, I agree. It would however, help if new posters to this thread would read through the OP as I do have a (crappy at best) mockup that shows the legends we'll be using.

I also know what you meant with it looking almost like an Orange Dolch set, that's exactly what I thought when I got the colours up for that one. Not completely feeling

Onto the spacebars, how many people actually wear through them that fast? For something extra like that, because of the potential high MOQ needed to get a reasonable price I'd rather included it into everyone's order than have it separate, however at the same time I don't want to constantly raise the base price.

The Geek and Hack super mods are a great idea for this set. I also really love the inverted orange on darker charcoal/gray mods.

Can't wait to see this come together.

Glad to hear that! Thanks!

This should be a post-Dolch Cherry set.  Looks awesome.

Not quite following what you mean buy post-Dolch Cherry set. You mean something akin to a 'modern' Dolch set?
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 October 2012, 11:57:28 by DarkShot »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 12:00:28 »
Not quite following what you mean buy post-Dolch Cherry set. You mean something akin to a 'modern' Dolch set?

Heh, no.  I mean the first Cherry replica set will be a standard Dolch set.  This orangey Dolch mock-up looks really good and should be done as a Cherry replica set after the standard Dolch replica group buy is over.

edit: I didn't realize this image came from the OP.  I thought it was just a random suggestion thrown in by someone.

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #268 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 12:03:59 »

Heh, no.  I mean the first Cherry replica set will be a standard Dolch set.  This orangey Dolch mock-up looks really good and should be done as a Cherry replica set after the standard Dolch replica group buy is over.

edit: I didn't realize this image came from the OP.  I thought it was just a random suggestion thrown in by someone.

Oh, now I see. It's entirely a possibility though at a later date. Everything is.

Also, it was a suggestion thrown in. I wasn't against it, so I changed some colours to see how it'd look and see what people thought.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 12:40:10 »
Several group buys for sets that have non standard color spacebars (black, or white, or beige) often have extra spacebars. I believe CCnG did extras because it isn't easy to get a cream cheese colored spacebar. This set falls into the same category. I convinced jil_jil32 to add spacebars to the valentines set group buy and several sold because the 6.2x size got to the $4.20 price point, and the 7x got to the $3.80 price point.

On the modifiers to the set maybe add the dark charcoal that makes it look like orange dolch, and the charcoal that the main set is also going to be and if we don't hit the moq of one of them, then we won't order it (RA2.0 had two modifier sets so it is possible to get the numbers). I might even buy them both but the very good chance of there being an orange dolch cherry replica set later is pretty exciting.

Maybe if the group buy thread itself runs 2+ months the cherry replica font will be ready for use once all the money is collected *crosses fingers*

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
[IC]OCKC doubleshot 86 key set
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 14:24:19 »
Not sure why I'm not on the list yet, but add me in for one base set please :)

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 16:38:00 »
Do the dark mods and I'll likely be in. Even if not going forward would like to see a mockup of those with orange alpha using the darker grey for the alpha legends.  Like an inversion of the original idea. Always like mods to be darker than alpha...
WASD V1 - waiting on R4... - MX Brown
KBT Pure - Zinc caps - MX Brown
Cherry G80-1800 ISO WKL - SkiData caps - MX Clear

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 17:38:56 »
Yes, needs more mockups. I would try, just all I have is MSPaint here at work...

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 18:35:00 »
Yes, needs more mockups. I would try, just all I have is MSPaint here at work...

For now I'll leave it as is, as I don't have the exact colours we'll use chosen.

When I get the colour ring within the next couple weeks, momentum will pick up with this.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #274 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 18:43:41 »
For now I'll leave it as is, as I don't have the exact colours we'll use chosen.

When I get the colour ring within the next couple weeks, momentum will pick up with this.
Take your time, the longer we wait the closer we get to cherry legends :D
I seriously doubt anyone would drop their order if it changed from WYSE to cherry font.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 19:43:12 »

Yes, take your time.  Get everything right, with colour, text choice/legends, tsangans, keypads etc....

When everything is combined then offer up the extras if needed, then see the orders come in.

Jil_jil32 did an awesome job on his/her Valentine Keyset, I only hope your's come through just as well.

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 09 October 2012, 20:38:03 »
I'm in no rush, believe me. I like the idea of extras and such, and got no issues with offering them assuming there's enough interest. So long as they're reasonably priced and look great, I'm game.

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 00:04:00 »
You're killin me with the no rush haha :p I want these NOW!

But, I know it's for the better...there's small details to iron out and that's what's going to make these rank up there with CCnG and RA sets. 

Too bad I'm relatively easy to please, because nearly everything you've posted so far has had me ready to throw money at :))

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 00:39:56 »
Everything will come in due time.

After thinking about it, the proposed idea of extra spacebars is a good one, however I won't be contacting SP for pricing or anything else until I at least get the colour samples.

While playing around with colours came up with this. Blue looks rather nice, and both Orange and Blue contrast eachother wonderfully.

Just thought it'd be neat to post.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #279 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 00:45:32 »
^ That looks nice, but the blue seems much brighter than the orange.  Would it be possible to make the orange legends a bit brighter, or perhaps a bit bolder so they stand out a bit more?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #280 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 00:50:24 »
It's a simple mockup, nothing more. Hell, the thing isn't even accurate yet. It could be of course.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #281 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 00:54:30 »
I realise that, but the first thing that hit me was the modifiers - they almost look backlit compared to the orange.

The combination looks good tho :)

Offline theultrazord

« Reply #282 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 01:01:11 »
Everything will come in due time.

After thinking about it, the proposed idea of extra spacebars is a good one, however I won't be contacting SP for pricing or anything else until I at least get the colour samples.

While playing around with colours came up with this. Blue looks rather nice, and both Orange and Blue contrast eachother wonderfully.

Just thought it'd be neat to post.

Show Image

I REALLY like this. This particular set has so many good options that I think I'll be poor if we actually go with all of them XD. Orange and blue are natural companion colors so I definitely vote for this. Also gives people the option of buying just the blue accessory kit if they don't like orange.

Offline Kensy

« Reply #283 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 01:32:30 »
I'm in if the Orange/Charcoal sets pull through !

+ another number pad set !
IBM Industrial M / IBM M13 Trackpoint II / Topre 104UB / Matias Quiet Pro / Filco MJ2 Ninja / Filco Minila JP Layout

Offline DrugER

• * Vendor
  • JACKASS@KBDmania
    • JACKASS76@WORDPRESS.COM
« Reply #284 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 05:27:09 »
I'm very interested.

so I want to proceed GB at My blog.

JACKASS76@WORDPRESS.COM
RED-LINE.KR

Offline TDub

« Reply #285 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 06:30:46 »
Would it be possible to buy just the none 1x wide keys? I would really be interessted in the dark gray mods with orange or blue.

I really want a set of the B series from QWERkeys but they only come in 1x wide so all the mods and such need to come from another set and these here look awesome.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #286 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 07:02:45 »
I'm very interested.

so I want to proceed GB at My blog.

Cool! Glad to see you guys like our stuff just as much as we like yours.

Offline pasph

« Reply #287 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 07:04:10 »
Would it be possible to buy just the none 1x wide keys? I would really be interessted in the dark gray mods with orange or blue.

I really want a set of the B series from QWERkeys but they only come in 1x wide so all the mods and such need to come from another set and these here look awesome.

I second this
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Bar81

« Reply #288 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 07:22:28 »
If you guys fix the arrow keys, I'm in.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #289 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 08:23:19 »

i fixed the blueone image.
i like green one. lovely green. :D

its original orange dolch.
people want the set like this, i think.

i have question.
the font will be cherry replica? or wyse ?

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline DarkShot

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 08:26:53 »

I second this

I won't say yes or no to this idea at this time. It depends if we even do the alternate mods, as everything is still not set in stone. I'll more than likely only do alternate orange mods, I've got an idea for a blue set GB in the future.

If you guys fix the arrow keys, I'm in.

They aren't the actual legends we'll be using, the ones are in the mockup below them as the OP states.

snip

i fixed the blueone image.
i like green one. lovely green. :D

snip

i have question.
the font will be cherry replica? or wyse ?

Green isn't complementary to orange so I find it looks off. But to each their own!

The font will be WYSE as was stated in the OP. I have an idea for a future GB using a similar colour scheme, and hopefully by then the Cherry Replica font will be ready to use.

Also, the base charcoal will probably be darker than that of your dolch set as well, if you're interested in this set.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 October 2012, 08:32:42 by DarkShot »

Offline Bar81

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 08:32:06 »

Show Image

YES

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #292 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 09:25:45 »
Please don't turn this into orange dolch replica set people. We are 3-4 months from cherry font which will be doing that most likely. Why would you want this half assed with WYSE then done again in cherry font? Be patient and let darkshot make the original orange on charcoal set with orange mods and charcoal mods to cater to both flashy and plain people.
Crazy how one orange and dark charcoal mock up derailed the interest check so much.

Offline GaryOwen

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 09:33:52 »
I'm intersted in 87Set(Inverted Orange on Charcoal mods) and Tsangan Keyset!
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 October 2012, 10:58:04 by GaryOwen »

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #294 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 10:00:34 »
Please don't turn this into orange dolch replica set people. We are 3-4 months from cherry font which will be doing that most likely. Why would you want this half assed with WYSE then done again in cherry font? Be patient and let darkshot make the original orange on charcoal set with orange mods and charcoal mods to cater to both flashy and plain people.
Crazy how one orange and dark charcoal mock up derailed the interest check so much.

Huzzah!  Quite right.  Hear, hear.  OCKC FTW!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Chicken Chaser

« Reply #295 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 12:02:13 »
Can someone explain the difference between Cherry and WYSE fonts? Is Cherry just bolder? And is WYSE the font used in previous sets like Red Alert 2.0 and the Ragnorock set?
Leopold TKL Blues || Leopold TKL Reds || Filco TKL Ninja Browns

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #296 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 12:08:20 »
Can someone explain the difference between Cherry and WYSE fonts? Is Cherry just bolder? And is WYSE the font used in previous sets like Red Alert 2.0 and the Ragnorock set?

Yes, Cherry font is bolder like this(pic below)
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Sinzz

« Reply #297 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 12:41:58 »
whyyyyy! I like the way it is right now! tbh I like my keyboard looking different in comparison to other keycap sets, not too into the classic look. and what is wrong with the arrow keys?! :( i like it...
Keycool 84 MX Blue | Pure Pro | HHKB Pro 2

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #298 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 12:57:34 »
I'd prefer the blue font on the modifiers, but I'm twitchy at the "We must wait however long for a different font" thing.  I personally (I know it doesn't mean much) don't have a love for everything cherry and would be happy to go as soon as you got colors settled.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #299 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 13:21:50 »
Interested in the Inverted set, but the original mock-up awesome as well!

I'd be down for a set.

The Blue/Emerald on charcoal mods looks delicious as well...
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 October 2012, 13:24:02 by megaforce93 »
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)