Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8547792 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 01:37:41 »
Wish I had some clacks

Offline llovro

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 01:46:04 »

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 02:36:58 »
So are sales always seemingly ninja like? I just started here last night and felt fortunate a sale was about to happen (didnt win one but after some of the stories I've read I don't think I deserve to win the clack lotto yet) How does CC normally announce sales and about roughly how often yearly do they happen? Should I just follow this site and elitekeyboards daily? lol

Yes. Some are literally spur of the moment, some are announced before hand. Get on EK's mailing list and subscribe to CC 's forums.

Didn't I hear a rumour that EK are no longer selling Clacks?

Hmm. I have not heard that....
Looking for CC's!

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #203 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 03:40:37 »
failed and sad again.

korean email acount is something wrong..
its not match to countdown.

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline tormentor

« Reply #204 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 03:46:32 »
So are sales always seemingly ninja like? I just started here last night and felt fortunate a sale was about to happen (didnt win one but after some of the stories I've read I don't think I deserve to win the clack lotto yet) How does CC normally announce sales and about roughly how often yearly do they happen? Should I just follow this site and elitekeyboards daily? lol

Yes. Some are literally spur of the moment, some are announced before hand. Get on EK's mailing list and subscribe to CC 's forums.

Didn't I hear a rumour that EK are no longer selling Clacks?

Hmm. I have not heard that....

I hope that's not true. The more vendor's, the more chances.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 05:33:11 »
Should have mentioned this before but forgot. It's a good idea to refresh the countdown timer often as it does lag behind a few seconds after its running for an extended period of time. This may have been some of the people's downfall.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #206 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 05:34:50 »
Yeah. I refreshed it within the last 15 seconds.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline growler

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 05:57:56 »
So, there's another one in 16 hours ...

I didn't realise you couldn't send as soon as his email was up - won't be doing that again!
Don't just stare at it ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 05:59:16 »

I didn't realise you couldn't send as soon as his email was up - won't be doing that again!

Wut!??!?!

Where did that come from??
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Ultratude

• Ultratude's Blog
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 06:02:04 »

How do you know that there is another sale soon?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 06:02:15 »
I think he looked at the countdown which is counting up.

Offline Ultratude

• Ultratude's Blog
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 06:03:12 »
lol

Offline growler

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 06:03:44 »
:'(
Don't just stare at it ...

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #214 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 06:03:45 »

Wut!??!?!

Where did that come from??

I think he looked at the countdown clock, which is running backwards :D
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130722T12&p0=137&fg1=ea0606&fg2=176db3&msg=July+RWB+Sale

/edit
too late :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 06:03:58 »

Oh, is that all.  I waz gonna say ...

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #216 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 06:04:04 »
Yeah he is, just checked and it's on +16 hours
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #217 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 06:06:16 »
^ lulz  =P

Sorry, had to. Most who emailed me within the first minute did not get one.

What about within the first 5 seconds?

From my exerience, getting it stamped with received at 00 isn't enough at times, so 5 seconds is waaaay off. My 2 seconds this time was probably way off too if it helps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 06:08:43 »
Is that all.  Ok.  I'm going to bed now, it's along day, having got up at 4:30 just in case.

Good night, Geekhack!

May all the winners sleep happy with the anticipation of the arrival of their new acquisition.

And everyone else with the hope that next time your email will be chosen.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 06:10:51 »
I did that too..didn't know any better, but he did note that you won't be disqualified if you sent it early.  I just resent it right at 3PM EST.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #220 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 06:46:00 »
Yeah. I refreshed it within the last 15 seconds.

I'll remember that for next time ;)

Of course I bet my submission went into the JUNK folder because of my username  :'(
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 July 2013, 07:11:49 by SpAmRaY »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 07:23:16 »
That might be 16 hrs past the sale that you now see if you're looking at the same link.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 08:39:38 »
So now I wait for the next sale to grab my first CC.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #223 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 08:40:02 »
Which clack/s did you end up getting btw? :)
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 08:41:42 »

I got Revenge Red, but then I didn't get it too, tis a long story.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #225 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 08:43:17 »

I got Revenge Red, but then I didn't get it too, tis a long story.
:'( That sucks man..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline audukent

« Reply #226 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 10:28:43 »
I'm excited for the next sale already!!!! O_O

Clack Clack Clack!!
[LZ-GH - 62g mx greens and 62g mx clears]    [Ducky Shine - mx browns]    [RACE mxMini - mxreds]  [POKER II - mx Blacks]    [KPAD - 62g mx blacks]

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #227 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 10:34:09 »
I'm excited to see some pics of what others get, especially some more angles on that skullcycle.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 11:43:33 »
Missed out, didn't even hear about it because I forgot to turn notifications on! How often are they released usually? Every 6 months or so?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 11:56:14 »
I didn't get a clack from the sale.

Offline aesthetics1

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 11:57:24 »
Speaking as someone who got in, I think you guys are "Doin' it wrong."

Did you list your top 3 (ones that probably sold out instantly) and then forget or misunderstand that you could list your alternative choices in the email also? I didn't get any of my top 3, but got 3 others on my alternative list. Dat strategy.
Home: Filco Majestouch TKL MX Red | Work: Ducky Shining (Blue LED) MX Black | Collection: CM Quickfire Rapid MX Red

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 11:58:00 »
I sent

"Can I have any MX caps please?"

:(

Didn't get any.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 12:02:20 »

Did you list your top 3 (ones that probably sold out instantly) and then forget or misunderstand that you could list your alternative choices in the email also? I didn't get any of my top 3, but got 3 others on my alternative list. Dat strategy.
i strongly doubt this is the reason most people didn't get in...  especially the people who have been around here know how to put together a clack 4grabs email...
:llama:
-wd

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 12:06:04 »

woops, i wish i knew that. only one of my top 3 were chosen. if i listed all of them maybe i would've gotten two more skulls? oh well, nice tip for next time!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 12:08:33 »

i strongly doubt this is the reason most people didn't get in...  especially the people who have been around here know how to put together a clack 4grabs email...

Ryan what do you mean? Clearly this guy has it down to a science!!!!

Offline audukent

« Reply #235 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 12:09:45 »
I'm excited to see some pics of what others get, especially some more angles on that skullcycle.

[LZ-GH - 62g mx greens and 62g mx clears]    [Ducky Shine - mx browns]    [RACE mxMini - mxreds]  [POKER II - mx Blacks]    [KPAD - 62g mx blacks]

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 12:58:50 »
I hope that bunny can get his Topre Julysicle...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 13:04:33 »
I hope that bunny can get his Topre Julysicle...

he's getting a slushy blue skull

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #238 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 13:20:18 »

Ryan what do you mean? Clearly this guy has it down to a science!!!!

Who is this Ryan character?  I'm a duck that happens to be white.  k thx bai
<3
whiteduck
-wd

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 13:25:12 »
Yeah, I'm thinking it was a mistake to just list the single skull I wanted the most.  Should have added more in order of importance :(
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #240 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 13:27:39 »
Group Buy: Irons for all the wrinkled jammies in this thread.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 13:30:26 »
I vote for a CC GB!
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 13:31:05 »
Group Buy: insurance for all the rumbling in this thread.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #243 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 13:40:11 »

Show Image

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #244 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 21:38:20 »
I have a single clack, and I will not ever sell it. I would also never buy another one. I'm ashamed at the ****ing price gouging going on with them. God damn slimy profiteers.

This hack orange clack is pretty sexy. :) It goes well with my April GH key!
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 03:51:50 »
can someone show me how to hide this thread, and hide any thread or post where a clack is mentioned, while still being able to browse the GH forums?
not being sarcastic, it just makes me so sad. after witnessing my first clack sale after 3 years of being on GH, I don't even want to know they exist.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 04:35:44 »
Yeah, I'm thinking it was a mistake to just list the single skull I wanted the most.  Should have added more in order of importance :(

Yep, never list just one!

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #247 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 04:50:57 »
I only want one of these. A skullsicle would have been the perfect one. That keycap was sooo dope.

Should I be more disappointed that I didn't get it, as I 99% expected, or that I was totally prepared to pay $35 dollars for a keycap?  :-[

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 04:53:21 »
I only want one of these. A skullsicle would have been the perfect one. That keycap was sooo dope.

Should I be more disappointed that I didn't get it, as I 99% expected, or that I was totally prepared to pay $35 dollars for a keycap?  :-[
I prefer to think of it as a keycap you could easily resale at the same price. I mean, never seen one for more than about 10 seconds on the classifieds at 35$ but it happens.

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #249 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 05:03:11 »
Too many hoarders and opportunists in this darn clack game.

I put the $35 towards a raspberry pi.  :-*