Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8586222 times)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 15:27:06 »
Looks like a delicious jelly to me.

I'M NOT JELLY YOU'RE JELLY

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 15:40:16 »
* spamray lies down on therapy couch

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?pid=cf_5t_sku_grg

^^ Am I the only one who sees that one as looking like a nice cold class of mountain dew :o
I love the look of that color. To me it's Lime Jello
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:14:25 »

^^ Am I the only one who sees that one as looking like a nice cold class of mountain dew :o
I love the look of that color. To me it's Lime Jello

That would go perfect with my Lime Green Thorpe caps :eek: too bad i won't get one... like last time lol

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:16:18 »
It looks quite a bit darker on my monitor... definitely not neon. More like an emerald

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #404 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:24:26 »
like an emerald

Yes... Or like a kryptonite skull, if there's an LED under it... I shall have it!!!1
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #405 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:36:06 »
Oh god.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #406 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:39:22 »

Looks like Absinthe to me.

I would quite like one.  Of either.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #407 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:51:19 »
First time every keycap in the sale has been awesome! I want a Gumrot more than anything!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #408 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 17:49:24 »
Drunken Skull is so awesome...

Offline Neal

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 17:50:50 »
I quite like the Drunken Skull :o

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #410 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 17:59:14 »
Yea, I need the drunken skull to go with my octoberfest! But I would love any one one these clacks really.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #411 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 18:04:14 »
I need a Drunken Skull to go with my Oktoberfest!

I also need an Oktoberfest so that I can properly need a Drunken Skull to go with it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #412 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 19:23:43 »
But really, I needs to get my 4grabs fix! These EK draws don't give me any kind of rush what so ever. 4grabs is heroin. EK is aspirin.

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #413 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 19:38:23 »
Drunken Skull looks so cool :D Makes me thirsty for some good pilsner.
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #414 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 20:30:20 »

I also need an Oktoberfest so that I can properly need a Drunken Skull to go with it.

I just need to get drunken.  I need to find some good German beers, but all the ones I keep finding locally are the disappointing kind.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #415 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 09:32:00 »

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #416 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 09:37:19 »
But really, I needs to get my 4grabs fix! These EK draws don't give me any kind of rush what so ever. 4grabs is heroin. EK is aspirin.

Say NO to heroine!
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #417 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 14:07:43 »

Crazy color :-s

It's nice - a contrast to the (very few) translucent red and blue Clacks that are around.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #418 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 14:13:27 »

It's nice - a contrast to the (very few) translucent red and blue Clacks that are around.

Yeah ;) . I like it ;) . And ...

Hmm, Good luck >:<

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #419 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 16:19:22 »

Yeah ;) . I like it ;) . And ...

Hmm, Good luck >:<

And to you too, sir!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #420 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 01:31:56 »

hahahaha YES  :p :p

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #421 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 10:56:57 »
Say NO to heroine!

Wow... why so sexist? Girls can save the day, too!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #422 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 18:35:18 »
Say NO to heroine!

Lara Croft!!1!111!one!!

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #423 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 18:47:17 »
Say NO to heroine!

Lara Croft!!1!111!one!!

Heroine?  Hermione.  Simply the best.  Evar.

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #424 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 19:04:28 »
Say NO to heroine!

Lara Croft!!1!111!one!!

Heroine?  Hermione.  Simply the best.  Evar.

Show Image

yes! now I need some HP caps

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #425 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 19:14:06 »
Say YES to Herobrine!!1!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #426 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 04:49:16 »
Man, I'm no market expert and so I hate to speculate(who are we kidding, I love it) but the steady rise in aftermarket clack prices over the past 9 months or so is guaranteed to eventually lead to the pricing bubble bursting. The influx of new users and increase of GH's popularity has led to the skyrocketing of it's #1 commodities pricing in the classifieds and auctions. But eventually it's gonna hit a wall. Rumblings of CC himself saying he's interested in bringing back some of the older less common colors will drive down the value of some whenever they hit the scene, but currently seeing some of the common colors like HO, and Mint go for over $100 (as opposed to around $50-60 just months ago) shows that the increase in price simply can't continue. I think the market will even itself out very soon, but in the meantime folks are cleaning up selling off their collections. It's risky as there's no guarantee in any market, but theoretically someone could make twice as much money now then what they bought their clacks for, and later on down the road rebuild for a fraction of the cost (of course while still holding onto some of their rarities.)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #427 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 04:53:53 »
Man, I'm no market expert and so I hate to speculate(who are we kidding, I love it) but the steady rise in aftermarket clack prices over the past 9 months or so is guaranteed to eventually lead to the pricing bubble bursting. The influx of new users and increase of GH's popularity has led to the skyrocketing of it's #1 commodities pricing in the classifieds and auctions. But eventually it's gonna hit a wall. Rumblings of CC himself saying he's interested in bringing back some of the older less common colors will drive down the value of some whenever they hit the scene, but currently seeing some of the common colors like HO, and Mint go for over $100 (as opposed to around $50-60 just months ago) shows that the increase in price simply can't continue. I think the market will even itself out very soon, but in the meantime folks are cleaning up selling off their collections. It's risky as there's no guarantee in any market, but theoretically someone could make twice as much money now then what they bought their clacks for, and later on down the road rebuild for a fraction of the cost (of course while still holding onto some of their rarities.)

Yeah Im trying to learn as much as I can and not give in and spend $100+ on a clack lol

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 05:15:36 »
I haven't been here as long as some folks, but the current aftermarket clack prices are about twice that of when I first joined, and the increase was fairly sudden. So by this, I am assuming it's a market abnormality that will soon subside. Or hoping anyway :P

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #429 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 07:02:16 »
I haven't been here as long as some folks, but the current aftermarket clack prices are about twice that of when I first joined, and the increase was fairly sudden. So by this, I am assuming it's a market abnormality that will soon subside. Or hoping anyway :P

Yes it seems like just a few months ago people were getting crap for listing HO's at $60.......bubble bursting soon so everybody sell now :P

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #430 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 11:49:22 »

Yes it seems like just a few months ago people were getting crap for listing HO's at $60.......bubble bursting soon so everybody sell now :P

And we had a HO just sell for $120.  At least the money went to GH, but $120 for a HO is obscene.  I'm hoping more people are willing to take a hit and sell at lower prices (like I did with my $30 HO sale) to try and make the prices sane again instead of all the rampant profiteering that seems to be taking place.   I get that they're popular pieces of plastic, but it's ridiculous to see people who resell them making 4-7x the original price and to expect to make a profit off of the price they paid for it (where the seller was making a profit) and then charge shipping on top of that.  Not everyone is like that, but it seems like enough sales have been like that and there have been enough ridiculous prices bid in auctions.

Offline tbc

« Reply #431 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 12:59:08 »
don't know the buyer, but that HO might have been a first clack.  he pretty much bought it at $100 and donated $20 to GH.

as one of the aforementioned newbies, the $75 I paid for my depth Black is absolutely bull**** in absolute terms.  in [my] reality [as a newbie] though, single-color clacks ARE $100 items, so in practice, it was a steal.

it's kinda hard to be angry at not losing something you never had ($50 clacks).  take this post as you will; only bothering to post since it's only really been older members talking about pricing
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #432 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 13:43:38 »
The whole of the amount was donated to GH according to the OP.

As demik would say, you're part of the problem with Clack pricing then.  A lot of new members pay these ridiculous prices, further driving up the prices.  I think the talk of a Clack bubble, something I also mentioned in the past, is reasonable since people will start to realize that there are interesting equally good quality alternatives (brobots v2, gasmask caps, etc) that cost less and the cost of Clacks has been artificially inflated and driven up.

And I wouldn't say it's only older members.  I only started actively posting about 6 months ago and joined about a year ago, so I wouldn't call me an older member, just someone who's been a bit more active in the community.

Offline tbc

« Reply #433 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 14:17:59 »
sorry about the pricing.  I know the whole amount was donated to GH.  I was just thinking that $120 is much too much for an HO, but if you break the final price down into a donation AND a regular HO purchase according to modern prices, it's not QUITE as outrageous of a buying price.

by new members, I think I should refine that a little bit better.  From now on, I will be referring to new members being people recently interested in clacks (I started about 3 months ago), rather than being new to the forum.

demik is right.   new member buyers being the problem is exactly what I wanted to bring up.  BUT, I'm just wondering why I should be punished just by being a new member?  WHY MUST I wait and ASSUME that prices will drop? NOTE: I also agree that prices should be dropping soon (see how much people are paying for gasmasks?)

EDIT:

full disclosure, I don't give a damn about what people pay in private bids/public auctions.  Nor do I give a damn what people think about MY public bids/'leaked' private bids.  I'm solely talking just for the intellectual discussion aspect.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 November 2013, 14:22:01 by tbc »

Offline tbc

« Reply #434 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 14:21:30 »
doublepost

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #435 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 15:17:18 »

And we had a HO just sell for $120.  At least the money went to GH, but $120 for a HO is obscene.  I'm hoping more people are willing to take a hit and sell at lower prices (like I did with my $30 HO sale) to try and make the prices sane again instead of all the rampant profiteering that seems to be taking place.   I get that they're popular pieces of plastic, but it's ridiculous to see people who resell them making 4-7x the original price and to expect to make a profit off of the price they paid for it (where the seller was making a profit) and then charge shipping on top of that.  Not everyone is like that, but it seems like enough sales have been like that and there have been enough ridiculous prices bid in auctions.
yeah I don't have any clacks but if the orange was $30 I would've bought it just to have one. $120 is insane. But at least it was donated. Also on top of those high prices are high shipping prices! I paid $2.50 for shipping from maxkeyboards so why charge $15?

don't know the buyer, but that HO might have been a first clack.  he pretty much bought it at $100 and donated $20 to GH.

as one of the aforementioned newbies, the $75 I paid for my depth Black is absolutely bull**** in absolute terms.  in [my] reality [as a newbie] though, single-color clacks ARE $100 items, so in practice, it was a steal.

it's kinda hard to be angry at not losing something you never had ($50 clacks).  take this post as you will; only bothering to post since it's only really been older members talking about pricing

Yes I really thought that black would go nice as my first clack and I saw it go way past $30 I got sad. :(

I really want Halloween ones so candy corn and seeing them go over $100 bums me out.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #436 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 16:30:12 »
This latest bit of discussion is exactly the sort of thing this "Clack Therapy" thread was created for!

Anyway who remembers the Cherry red Esc key?  There were a few left in circulation, and they sold for up to $250 each (for a single Esc key).

Then GML was "discovered" and it became known that they had purchased the original Cherry molds - and that the molds had not been destroyed as was originally thought.

Suddenly new Cherry red Esc keys flooded the market for about $5 each.

Those who had recently spent $250 on one were miffed, to say the least.

Same with Clacks, except CC is unlikely to start creating them in bulk.

The it comes down to rarity.  I have an Esc key on all my keyboards.  I have two (maybe three) Cherry red Esc keys.  I have a white one and a green one too (thanks Ivan!).  I have two Clacks.

As I cannot afford to spend ridiculous amounts of money on secondhand Clacks, I simply enjoy other people's collections (or, rather, photographs of other people's collections) and patiently await the opportunity to acquire CCs at retail from EK or 4grabs (or maybe from generous GH members?).

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #437 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 16:46:57 »
This latest bit of discussion is exactly the sort of thing this "Clack Therapy" thread was created for!

Anyway who remembers the Cherry red Esc key?  There were a few left in circulation, and they sold for up to $250 each (for a single Esc key).

Then GML was "discovered" and it became known that they had purchased the original Cherry molds - and that the molds had not been destroyed as was originally thought.

Suddenly new Cherry red Esc keys flooded the market for about $5 each.

Those who had recently spent $250 on one were miffed, to say the least.

Same with Clacks, except CC is unlikely to start creating them in bulk.

The it comes down to rarity.  I have an Esc key on all my keyboards.  I have two (maybe three) Cherry red Esc keys.  I have a white one and a green one too (thanks Ivan!).  I have two Clacks.

As I cannot afford to spend ridiculous amounts of money on secondhand Clacks, I simply enjoy other people's collections (or, rather, photographs of other people's collections) and patiently await the opportunity to acquire CCs at retail from EK or 4grabs (or maybe from generous GH members?).

Very true! I like this Topic. Like the Oktoberfest, I noticed he had a run of that before. Any way to tell different runs from eachother? A number or ething underneath the cap hopefully? Then could say run 1 forsale run 2 etc if he did end up making older caps again.  :cool:

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #438 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 17:12:53 »
Rowdy do you mean GMK?  Never heard of of GML
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #439 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 17:22:03 »

rowdy just got excited talking about clack prices :P
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 November 2013, 21:13:54 by SpAmRaY »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #440 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 18:23:26 »
til demik is always right

ftr, i'd say it's 80% buyer and 20% seller on the blaming tho.

of course im going to sell something that means nothing to me if somebody is willing to buy it, so i dont blame the seller.

most of the blame goes on the buyer because nobody is putting a gun to their head to buy it. but in the end, who ****ing cares? money isnt coming out of my pocket so the buyer can do whatever the hell he pleases with his own hard earned money. hell, more power to them for having disposable income.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 November 2013, 18:26:15 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #441 on: Sat, 02 November 2013, 19:19:33 »

Yes, sorry :-[

rowdy just got excited talking about clack prices :P

Exactly!

Offline aesthetics1

« Reply #442 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 15:50:13 »
The whole of the amount was donated to GH according to the OP.

As demik would say, you're part of the problem with Clack pricing then.  A lot of new members pay these ridiculous prices, further driving up the prices.  I think the talk of a Clack bubble, something I also mentioned in the past, is reasonable since people will start to realize that there are interesting equally good quality alternatives (brobots v2, gasmask caps, etc) that cost less and the cost of Clacks has been artificially inflated and driven up.

And I wouldn't say it's only older members.  I only started actively posting about 6 months ago and joined about a year ago, so I wouldn't call me an older member, just someone who's been a bit more active in the community.

As someone who liquidated a modest collection of 6 clacks recently via PM, I can say that it absolutely is not the 'newer members' paying ridiculous prices. The older members and the clack hoarders hit me fast and hard with irresistible cash offers even on F2 clacks. Throwing money at them is, after all, the reason why they have so many.

There are a handful of people who probably acquired them slowly and 'legitimately' through luck (EK and 4grabs timing), longevity (trades or freebies from other members), and other methods, but my gut tells me that most of the larger collections weren't exactly had through blood sweat and tears. $$$$
Home: Filco Majestouch TKL MX Red | Work: Ducky Shining (Blue LED) MX Black | Collection: CM Quickfire Rapid MX Red

Offline Blazed

« Reply #443 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 18:21:29 »
This thread is soon to be bustling with the sounds of whiners pouting over pieces of plastic :)

Offline aesthetics1

« Reply #444 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 18:35:23 »
Case in point. Just mentioning that I "had" clacks at some point and sold them, I received 2 PMs wanting to buy. Wow.

That's precisely why I sold them and got out of this toxic trade.
Home: Filco Majestouch TKL MX Red | Work: Ducky Shining (Blue LED) MX Black | Collection: CM Quickfire Rapid MX Red

Offline Blazed

« Reply #445 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 18:39:01 »
Case in point. Just mentioning that I "had" clacks at some point and sold them, I received 2 PMs wanting to buy. Wow.

True. Most have more dollars than sense.

And you are correct. The people with the large collections literally spent thousands. That's no exaggeration, sadly.

Offline spammy1982

« Reply #446 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 18:46:16 »
I'm one of those new to GH and EK who is driving up prices, and I'd just like to apologize to those that I have hurt, and realize that Clacks just tickle my underlying OCD in an almost magical way... I have no control over my actions... EK is essentially my crack dealer.  I spent roughly 423 dollars on the keyboard I'm typing on right now (hhkb+set of white keys + first clack @$100)... that does the same as the 40 dollar one and the free one I got with a computer I bought a long time ago.... that computer, I believe was cheaper than my hhkb that I type on right now.  Wow,  what have I become?  This is kinda funny and/or sad.   It is pretty f-ing sweet keyboard tho.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #447 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:04:28 »

ha! that's golden.

AIR EM OUT AIR EM OUT
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #448 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:06:17 »
I'm one of those new to GH and EK who is driving up prices, and I'd just like to apologize to those that I have hurt, and realize that Clacks just tickle my underlying OCD in an almost magical way... I have no control over my actions... EK is essentially my crack dealer.  I spent roughly 423 dollars on the keyboard I'm typing on right now (hhkb+set of white keys + first clack @$100)... that does the same as the 40 dollar one and the free one I got with a computer I bought a long time ago.... that computer, I believe was cheaper than my hhkb that I type on right now.  Wow,  what have I become?  This is kinda funny and/or sad.   It is pretty f-ing sweet keyboard tho.

Which clack did you get?

Offline spammy1982

« Reply #449 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:19:36 »
all black CC... looks great.. got white letters/numbers, grey spacebar/modifiers with a black cc Esc on gray hhkb.

modified to include keyboard make/color.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 November 2013, 19:21:31 by spammy1982 »